Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:47   #3586
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Visiting Hyderabad on Business. Staying at the Lemon Tree Hitec city.

What are my options for the best Biriyani I can get in the vicinity. Love sea food too,..so if I can get both at the same place nothing like it.

I always make it a point to visit Southern Spice (For lunch) and Paradise (take away)..! i was hoping to broaden my horizon by trying someplace new.

Any tips would be much appreciated.
Paradise has an outlet within a kilomter from Lemon Tree, adjacent to KFC near the Cyber Towers flyover---you need not go all the way to the hotel at MG Rd 15 kms away.

For fish, I am not the SME.

Regarding the other post on Punjab and Sindh, I shall give the malai paneer and besan laddus a shot in my next visit.

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd August 2011 at 12:49.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:54   #3587
BHPian

I always pack about 04-06 biriyanis from paradise when coming back to Delhi (yes it is that good)..!

I was wondering If I should give any other Hyderabad Biriyani Landmark a chance.
Is there a Hyderabad house or similar place near Hitec city.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:57   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always pack about 04-06 biriyanis from paradise when coming back to Delhi (yes it is that good)..!

I was wondering If I should give any other Hyderabad Biriyani Landmark a chance.
Assuming you are flying down, yes there is an outlet of Hyd House at the Junction to Shamshabad airport on the Bangalore highway---it comes on your way back from Lemon Tree, with a slight diversion of half a km in case you are taking the ORR route. You can pick up your stuff there.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:57   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

IMO,you shouldnt be venturing into any Hyderabad House outlets anymore,wouldnt reccomend them anymore.Paradise is the safest bet you have,if its a sit down place that would want to try,then maybe you can check out the Four Seasons restaurant next to TCS,its kind of ok,but on the expensive side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I do tend to agree with her because the paneer is as soft as malai.
Yes absolutely true on this and this is precisely the reason why their paneer does not turn rubbery on cooking.

There is this joke that one of my chef friend told me,he was on a visit to ludhiana and he wanted to buy paneer.So he walked upto the store guy and told him he wanted "malai" paneer.The storekeeper gave him this weird look and asked him what else do you expect paneer to be made of!!

So the short of it is that if you are in punjab,dont bother every paneer that even a small store sells is pure unadulterated malai paneer.Maybe he should have told the storekeeper to take a trip around the country just to get an experience of the amount of varied adulterated paneer that is sold!Most of the paneer sold here has a fair amount of preservatives and corn additives to it(overheard it at some place)

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd August 2011 at 14:49. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:30   #3590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

OT: Do you carry the biryani in check in or hand baggage? Will be useful for me the next time I fly out of Hyderabad!

Also, you can try visiting the yousuf thekri complex near Mehdipatnam. Good restaurants for Biryani there are Banne Nawab, 4 Seasons, Mandar, etc.
4 Seasons also has an outlet at the food court of inorbit mall at Hitec City.
If you are keen on trying Hyderabad house, the only outlet recommended is the one at Rd. No. 3 banjara hills
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:02   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I'm guessing she couldn't have confused those two, as they are both very common(and different) here in the US where she lives. I'm just wondering if there is some Mexican specific place there that she confused things with.
Could be "La Cantina" : La Cantina | Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre Restaurant

Pulsar56 : Hand Baggage always!

By the way, Hyderabad house has a special air friendly packaging of the biryani (at least at Shamshabad outlet). Have got it done many times, latest being in June 2011. The biryani is good there, as good as Paradise.

But then, between you & me, the pulao served at Paradise & Hyderabad House can never be called biryani.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 22nd August 2011 at 14:06.
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:10   #3592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
OT: Do you carry the biryani in check in or hand baggage? Will be useful for me the next time I fly out of Hyderabad!
Last time it was hand baggage.
This time carrying back more thus would check in

Its keeps for 04 days min. in the fridge.
Microwave in a glass bowl for 04 min and viola fresh, and aromatic as ever.

Last edited by Torque-ative : 22nd August 2011 at 14:12.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:56   #3593
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick review of haleem that we tasted (??) during the TBHP meet on Saturday, Aug 20th.

Pictures of these delicious haleem are posted on the Hyderabad Meet thread. All are priced at Rs.80-Rs.85 for a single plate

1. Cafe 555

Excellent haleem with smoother paste and consistent with loads of ghee and nuts. However, the meat and wheat content was slightly lesser than other contenders

2. Sarvi Haleem

Slightly thicker than Cafe 555 and little more spicy and is a close contender to 555.

3. Shahghouse

Thick like hell. Meaty and less wheaty with a nice taste to it but, unlike others there were some bones in the haleem. I liked this one too

4. Shadab

The best of the lot that day. Thick, consistent and perfectly spiced which made this haleem stood out.

Overall, I would say all 4 were just fractionally better/worse than each other. Others like Bahar, Paradise, Pista House pale in comparison.

If I would go back, then I will go back to 4, 3 and 1 in sequential order to wrap up this season
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:59   #3594
BHPian

I had been to Punjab & Sind today evening to try their lassi. Couldn't control myself and had 3 lassis . Also took curds and basundi + some namkeen as takeaway. Enjoyed the basundi a lot. Will visit them tomorrow again for mango lassi.
Old 23rd August 2011, 07:28   #3595
Senior - BHPian

I visited Hyd yesterday for some meetings. Made across to Paradise despite all the traffic only to see it closed courtesy Ramzan/Eid or such :(((((

even hyderabad house ran out of biryani when I landed up there at 6pm. Hyderabadi biryani continues to elude me on my occasional visits to Hyd :(
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:12   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative
What are my options for the best Biriyani I can get in the vicinity. Love sea food too,..so if I can get both at the same place nothing like it.

I always make it a point to visit Southern Spice (For lunch) and Paradise (take away)..! i was hoping to broaden my horizon by trying someplace new.
If you like bland, tasteless stuff then 4 Seasons Tolichowki is reasonably close. HH and Paradise are not that great now and very outlet-specific. As hyd_traveller says they really are more like pulao. But they're both *vastly* better than 4 Seasons.

If you want to head out far, please visit Astoria Restaurant at RTC X roads for some *good* biryani.

Also, please avoid Southern Spice. It was not what it used to be some 7-8 years ago. If you want good Andhra meals it's better to visit a mess and have full or plate meals. Sri Harsha Deluxe mess near Maithrivanam in Ameerpet and Siddhartha mess near Shankarmath (Vidyanagar/Nallakunta) are great options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
I visited Hyd yesterday for some meetings. Made across to Paradise despite all the traffic only to see it closed courtesy Ramzan/Eid or such :(((((

even hyderabad house ran out of biryani when I landed up there at 6pm. Hyderabadi biryani continues to elude me on my occasional visits to Hyd :(
You should be glad you couldn't find these two places open. They could potentially have put you off Hyderabadi biryani forever.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:55   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
I had been to Punjab & Sind today evening to try their lassi. Couldn't control myself and had 3 lassis . Also took curds and basundi + some namkeen as takeaway. Enjoyed the basundi a lot. Will visit them tomorrow again for mango lassi.
Attaboy, now I am tempted to drive back home that way and have some of those offernings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

You should have posted an SOS on your andriod. I assure you that you'd have got an immediate response from us Hydeez.
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:14   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

You come to Hyderabad and don't bother to consult the Hydeez for the best Biryani in town and go to Paradise/Hyderabad House . These two places invariably make the worst variety of Biryani ever!

Next time you are in town, give the foodies a holler and thou will be guided to the best Biryani place!
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:38   #3599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
If you want to head out far, please visit Astoria Restaurant at RTC X roads for some *good* biryani.
I have been coming to Hyderabad regularly since 2006 and am currently staying near Hakimpet Air Force Station,around 15 kms past the army cantt.
I seem to have been committing the ultimate sin ( according to this thread ) by satisfying my biriyani cravings at Paradise.

Would be grateful if you could list out some great biriyani joints in the city.

P.S Where exactly is RTC X roads ?
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:54   #3600
BHPian

wanted to taste haleem for the first time and headed to sarvi b'hills y'day , only to find it closed . folks could some guide with road map to Cafe 555 , shah ghouse & shadab . I cannot resist after seeing the pics .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks