Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 19:19   #3751
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

After reading the reviews from Avi/Nikhil/Rajesh, I paid Over The Flames a visit for Lunch. Ordered a 10" Veg Margarita & 12" OTF special pizza(Non-Veg) along with golden fried mushrooms. Total bill was 411. The food was excellent & mushrooms were the best I ever had. Total VFM place.
Old 26th September 2011, 09:14   #3752
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Shadaab for today's breakfast. (SILVERWOOD+1) (Way back from RGIA)

1, Khichdi (2 No's)
2, Kheema (2 No's)
3, Tea (2 No's)

One word, awesome.

Total Damages-Rs 110.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00577201109260756.jpg  

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 26th September 2011 at 09:15.
Old 26th September 2011, 10:51   #3753
BHPian

Had 'pakistani mutton' at shadab yesterday. One word. AWESOME
Also the reshmi kabab was finger licking good
Old 26th September 2011, 12:53   #3754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
After reading the reviews from Avi/Nikhil/Rajesh, I paid Over The Flames a visit for Lunch. Ordered a 10" Veg Margarita & 12" OTF special pizza(Non-Veg) along with golden fried mushrooms. Total bill was 411. The food was excellent & mushrooms were the best I ever had. Total VFM place.
I was there for lunch yesterday too. I reached there at 02.00. Had been there for just two things, Golden Fried Mushrooms and Chicken Cheese Macaroni. Had their Blueberry Chesse Cake and in one word, WOW!!! Worth it anytime. OTF, I am falling in love with it.
Old 26th September 2011, 13:05   #3755
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday went for dinner to "Blue Fox" in Ameerpet. It was my first time to this outlet and was impressed by the same fine dining atmosphere and this one is slightly larger than the Himayathnagar branch.

We ordered for the following :-

Veg Bullets

Deliberately took the pictures without flashlight as didnt want to make it too obvious in the fully packed restuarant

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2011092500522.jpg

We were fans of BF's bullets from ages and they didnt disappoint. The quantity was phenomenal and taste very good

Veg Do-Piyaza

This was also excellent. Spicy with all mixed veggies perfectly cooked

Butter Naans, Kulchas and Soft Drinks

Boneless Chicken Biryani

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2011092500524.jpg

The rice was long and nicely flavoured and very tasty. But, the major disappointment was that chicken were like "cubes" inside the biryani and not properly cooked, almost like a chinese version and not hyderabadi type

Excellent place and will go back again. I never order chicken biryani (except Sholay) and my decision to order was based on some review here. Will stick to meat biryani next time.

Total Damages : Rs.850 ( Including 18% tax and 23 bucks tip)
Old 26th September 2011, 13:22   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
IMO, Bahar biryani is simply overrated. Myself and Nikhil had biryani during one of the haleem meet and found it to be downright horrible. Perhaps, Nikhil can add something to this comment.
I still feel jitters, when I think about the food we ate that day. We've again learnt a very good lesson, never go by what you read/hear. No hard feelings My Dear Hydeez Foodies.

We tried their Murg Mussalam to find it too bland to our taste and moreover, it was Sweet. We were in a dilema the moment we tasted Murg Mussalam. We ordered for a Gravy and all we get delivered is A Desert with Chicken Pieces in it.

We wanted to place the order for "Double Mutton, Double Masala, Single Biryani" as always lauded by Bajaj Saab being the best and had a word about it with the waiter and to our horror, he was all blank faced hearing about this. He said that there is no Biryani of that sort served in Bahar. Looks like Bajaj Saab gets it special there. Anyways, we ordered for the Biryani. That was one of the most horrible biryani's i've ever tasted. I would rather rate the Veg Biryani at Taj Mahal Hotel a zillion times better than the Mutton Biryani we had at Bahar.

No Biryani Rice, No Long Grain, No Flavour, No Masala, No Taste, Nothing at all. The Biryani was cooked in normal Sona Masoori rice and that too bland and flavour less. I never liked the food at Bahar and after reading a lot about Bahar here, I thought they could've changed for good. I was wrong, they never change. They are still the same Bahar, who are more of a Pomp and Show and less of substance. I shall never go back to Bahar for anything as such.

Quote:
Oh! Wanton is one of my favorite place for Chinese. Almost every dish is tasty and reasonably priced and much better ambience than similarly priced chinky restuarants. Must go back again soon.
I find Wanton to be amazingly good in terms of Food, Pricing and Service. Love the ambience at Wanton, especially their Red Dragon in the middle of the ceiling. Always stare at it and have my food there, just to ensure that he doesnot pop out and devour my Buttered Prawns. Everytime, I've ordered Buttered Prawns, I've always seen that dragon twitching its nose to enjoy the aromatic fragrance of Buttered Prawns. I love their Shredded Lamb too, amazingly priced and huge quantity.

Quote:
Thursday after enjoying a lovely evening at HRC where Para Vayu played tribute to my most favorite musicans "Pink Floyd" me, wifey and milecruncher headed to Niagara for dinner.
Avi Bhai, if you could live with having Chicken Dish, then try their Roast Chicken Gravy, it's amazing. Took it a couple of days back from the Take Away, everyone loved it till the last drop of it. The quantity served should be sufficient for 4 people easily.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 13:33   #3757
Team-BHP Support

Had my lunch at Rubaiyat (cyber pearl, Madhapur)

Thanks to everyone who had reviewed this place before.
I enjoyed my lunch and between my wife and I we had,
Chicken Kala Masala: a dry boneless dish.
Methi Dal: was very good
3 Garlic naans. Soft and good. Was not part of the menu. But the waiter when asked, said he can get it for us.
1 bottle mineral water.

Bill including everything came to 747.

The decor is very nice and service was outstanding.
The waiters were very pleasant and attentive to all our needs.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:06   #3758
Senior - BHPian

Being a ardent dessert lover..I passed Bakers Inn (Somajiguda) and slammed brakes,entered the Bakery to pick up some lovely Pastries.What i ordered:
- 1 Chocolate eclair (Profiterole)
- 4 Chocolate Pies
- 2 Chocolate Brownies.

Damages: Rs.220

Came home and nice settled to dig my sweet tooth into..and there goes the disapointment.
- chocolate eclair was dry and the cream wasnt even oozing out..besides there was so little cream in the entire eclair.
- chocolate brownie : The Walnuts in the brownie were not de-shelled properly and the hard nut almost broke my tooth..The Brownie was sticking to my teeth like gum.
- chocloate pie : Simply unbelievable - It has sponge cake as a layer between Biscuit mould and the Chocolate cream.
I ditched the entire contents into dustbin and slept in disappointment.
Bakers Inn was known for lovely pastries since 90s and this showed it has gone bad after all these years.

Can someone point out good Patisseries in the city.
I have covered the regular ones like : Vacs,Karachi Bakery,Universal Bakery (too many times),King & Cardinal.I dont like pastries served at Cafe Coffee Days and Coffee Shops.
I need an exclusive Patisserie to go and indulge.Some pointers please.

Last edited by hillram : 26th September 2011 at 14:07.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:17   #3759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post

I find Wanton to be amazingly good in terms of Food, Pricing and Service. Love the ambience at Wanton, especially their Red Dragon in the middle of the ceiling. Always stare at it and have my food there, just to ensure that he doesnot pop out and devour my Buttered Prawns. Everytime, I've ordered Buttered Prawns, I've always seen that dragon twitching its nose to enjoy the aromatic fragrance of Buttered Prawns. I love their Shredded Lamb too, amazingly priced and huge quantity.

nicely worded there ,wanton is my favourite too.

i also like shanghai chef next to it(gachibowli branch ),things i would recommend are :-

the bamboo rice (which comes in a big bamboo made jar)
taipei chicken( for folks who love spicy starter)
lemon chicken

more options for chinese food lovers in and around hi tech city with 'mainland china' opening up opposite shilparaman
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 14:18   #3760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Can someone point out good Patisseries in the city.
I have covered the regular ones like : Vacs,Karachi Bakery,Universal Bakery (too many times),King & Cardinal.I dont like pastries served at Cafe Coffee Days and Coffee Shops.
I need an exclusive Patisserie to go and indulge.Some pointers please.
I absolutely love Deli 9 on Road #1, Banjara Hills.
Ofen on Road #10 is also quite decent.

Please do not compare Deli 9, packaged products available in supermarkets with the fresh stuff available at this store.

EDIT: Check out the Almond Custard Loaf at Deli 9. My favorite. I think it costs around Rs 75 or so.
They also have this Rasberry Macaron that is very nice. It costs under 100.
The French Baguettes are good at Rs 38.

Last edited by bblost : 26th September 2011 at 14:22.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:26   #3761
Senior - BHPian

I believe Deli 9 has opened with a new look.Will pay a visit this evening.
I have not been a Ofen fan,as the quantities of all their food is very small compared to the huge price.But they serve tasty food.
Old 27th September 2011, 08:52   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal
the bamboo rice (which comes in a big bamboo made jar)

more options for chinese food lovers in and around hi tech city with 'mainland china' opening up opposite shilparaman
I will also recommend the Chinese restaurant of Food 'n' I. I have reviewed it earlier in this thread. Their bamboo rice (served in a bamboo container) in particular was excellent.

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th September 2011, 13:58   #3763
BHPian

Need suggestions and guidance : which is better between Mandar and Shah Ghouse in Toli Chowki area and what to order?
Old 27th September 2011, 14:10   #3764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Need suggestions and guidance : which is better between Mandar and Shah Ghouse in Toli Chowki area and what to order?
Mandar would be any day better for their biryani and regular dishes with roti.

Shahghouse is famous for their haleem and we ( Me, Kirkiri, Ravvs, another tbhpian Lakshman ( Drives a UV-A,) and Nazim, if i recall correctly) had biryani at their original outlet last year and found it to be dry and not that great.

Perhaps, you can try their new outlet and let us know which items to order if we go in future

Note: Shahghouse ambience is not family friendly whereas, Mandar is slightly upmarket
Old 27th September 2011, 15:20   #3765
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening along with a few friends went to "Mega City" at Basheerbagh for dinner. This restuarant has been my favorite since long and due to some reasons stopped visiting them since last couple of years except for takeaways once in a while of their popular sambhar rice.

We ordered the following :-

Mutton Roast ( Rs.220)
Dry, crispy and boneless meat snack with loads of curry leaves. It was excellent but, I still like a similar dish in Abhiruchi better. Btw, Mega City serves only boneless dishes so contrary to other places where they serve only boned mutton ( for e.g : Niagara)

Tandoori Chicken Full (Rs.240)
Large pieces of tandoori and perfectly marinated and juicy to the core. Almost as good as Pakwaan

Apollo Fish ( Rs.240)
This is my favorite dish from Mega-City. None of that cheap type of dishes that most restuarants dole out. Fish is soft, fresh and heavily flavoured with lots of curry leaves again.

Reshmi Chicken Kebab (Rs.180)

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2011092600525.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2011092600526.jpg

This was the star dish. I havent had such a lovely snack in a long time. Chicken came fully covered with an omlette and omlette was perfectly cooked and chicken pieces were really huge and awesomely marinated with faint hint of charcoal smell tingling your sensory organs, we gobbled down the entire dish in a few seconds and asked for a second round.

Obviously, dinner was their delectable Sambhar Rice priced at Rs.115. We noticed almost every table (place was full) had a "minimum" of one sambhar rice on it. By this time, we were so full that we had to help each other out of the restuarant back to our car and then home

It's a slightly expensive place but, the food is totally worth it.

Inactivity time on this thread for next 10 days begins from tomorrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks