Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Forgot to mention. Abhijeet remembered you as the man who posted the menu here
Old 20th October 2011, 16:33   #3827
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Forgot to mention. Abhijeet remembered you as the man who posted the menu here
Amazing and surprised. Looks like he must have googled the menu. It was an after thought that I had posted it and am sure I never informed him about it.

Despite such good reviews about O&C and also OTF, even now I am thinking of "News Cafe" in Inorbit Mall as my next destination (thanks to the steak photo by Sabby).

I called up "NC" today at noon time for sunday lunch booking and they have extended me 35% discount on the total F&B menu (https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=247551285279022).

Now all I need is Sabby's feedback whether the experience is worth it or not and with 35% discount?
Old 20th October 2011, 17:36   #3828
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, wanted to eat something spicy so ordered home " Fried Prawns" and "Mutton Tikka Masala" from Mohini's in Basheerbagh

MTK was spicy but, the taste was not what i usually expect from them. It was above average.

Fried Prawns were crunchy, juicy and quite tasty
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2011101900582.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 12:35   #3829
BHPian

After rwading and hearing lot of good things about Clay Pot, last night ordered door delivery of:

Mutton biryani, chicken biryani, veg pulao - Total cost including door delivery was Rs.500.00

First of all, it is not biryani at all and the way the whole dish appears is total amateurish. Too much masala, too many ingredients to be separated / removed before eating and too much meat.

Chicken pieces were hard and I did not like them at all. As mentioned in previous pages here, the mutton pieces were almost black. 4 adults could not finish even one bowl of biryani.

Veg pulao was again very spicy - too many masalas.

Will be a long time before I try Clay pot again.
Old 21st October 2011, 14:50   #3830
BHPian

Wife and I went to fisherman fare in tollichowki for some turkish food

Things ordered:-

a) Keremetti Mix( Small chuncks of mutton and chicken with mushrooms and cheese in black pepper gravy)
b) Chicken Kiev : Loaf of grilled chicken stuffed with some green chutney type masala
c) Minced Mutton Pizza(Had some crazy name )

Along with the above came lots of pita bread,french fries ,green salad and rice.

If you like non spicy food you will love it .I did.

Total bill for all of the above was INR 700

There was a small shop below fisherman fare selling donna kebabs ,looked really nice .lots of cars parked outside it ,guess those are a hit too
Old 21st October 2011, 15:22   #3831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
There was a small shop below fisherman fare selling donna kebabs ,looked really nice .lots of cars parked outside it ,guess those are a hit too
If I am not wrong, there are two shops down there. They are basically "Shawarma" stalls and their shawarmas are delicious and worth trying.
Old 21st October 2011, 15:45   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Will be a long time before I try Clay pot again.
Join the gang. Claypot for me has also shifted to : not worth trying again place.

We discussed the deteriorating quality of food and service just 2 weeks back and concluded that it must be because the earlier cook has left and a new one has come who just cannot match the culinary skills. That apart, even service has gone below minimum acceptable level.

Believe it or not but the last time ever that I dealt with Claypot, I called them at 6:45pm and no one picked up the phone (mobile number).
I got a return call at 6:45am next morning and the guy at the other end of the line wanted to know what I would like to order. 6:45am in the morning.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:48   #3833
BHPian

Had been to OTF again to douse the anger of being unable to go to O&C yesterday. Had to vent my anger somewhere and OTF it was. Vented my anger by devouring the following with a friend of mine in tow, who had no idea what I was venting my anger against.

Golden Fried Mushrooms (looks like this has become my staple dish at OTF)
Potato Wedges
Thyme Scented Chicken
Veg Cheese Macaroni
Chicken Cheese Macaroni
Blueberry Cheese Cake
Chocolate Fudge

No pics this time as was busy venting my anger on these dishes and making sure that none of them survives.

Golden Fried Mushrooms and Chicken Cheese Macaroni's review can be seen here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2513033)

Thyme Scented Chicken: Boneless Chicken Pieces marinated in Cream, Thyme. Amazing to taste and always reminds me of Reshmi Kebab at Reshmi Restuarant

Blueberry Cheese Cake: Simply out of the world

Chocolate Fudge: The Pipping Hot Cake with Chilling Ice Cream, HEAVENLY.

Total Damage: 692/-

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st October 2011 at 16:55.
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:37   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
Join the gang. Claypot for me has also shifted to : not worth trying again place.

I got a return call at 6:45am next morning and the guy at the other end of the line wanted to know what I would like to order. 6:45am in the morning.
huh?

That is just not acceptable, someone calling you at 6.45am and asking what you would like to order. It is harassment.

Last night asked a friend of mine who was coming back from Malakpet to bring me Tala-hua gosht and Gosht biryani from AlhamduLillah and ate it for dinner last night and brunch today. Only one word for the food - AWESOME

Earlier today went to Venky's express in the evening and picked:

Garlic pepper chicken, chicken lollypop and grilled chicken burger. Must say i am impressed. I would love to go back with my family and try out grilled chicken wings and tandoori grilled chicken and also the grilled chicken roll.

Garlic pepper chicken had nice flavour to it and I like it a lot. Lollypop was decent. Grilled chicken burger was very good.

I will go back very soon, esp to eat the grilled chicken wings (my fav part of chicken)
Old 24th October 2011, 10:46   #3835
Team-BHP Support

I was down with a mild viral fever the past weekend. Fever usually makes me hungry. It increases my appetite. Most people would find eating difficult when unwell. But I love it.

Picked up food from three different places.
1. Ofen:
Khabsa Leham. You get very well cooked fragrant rice and 2 pieces of boiled meat. Its accompanied with a spiced soup.
Shepard's Pie: Beef with a potato cheese topping. The beef mince is very well cooked and the cheesy topping is tasty.
Bill including taxes Rs 550.

2. Deli 9:
A CLT sandwich. Cheese Lettuce Tomato. I skipped this and my wife had it for dinner. The bread is super soft and its very good.
Smoked Fish Salad. Large chunks of Seer (I think) fish. The fish was sort of bland but if eaten with the greens in the salad was quite good.
A French Baguette. For my sister.
A Corn and Spinach Quiche. For my niece. These Quiches are very good. Tasty and light.
Bill was around 400.

3. ATC from Dine Hill.
Its been reviewed many times. Its one of the best tandoori chickens you can get. At an amazing VFM price of 185.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:23   #3836
BHPian

Ohri's 100 Degrees

A desire of the family to have sizzlers led me to this place on Necklace Road in Ranigunj area for dinner last night.

The alternative was News Cafe at Inorbit Mall who had offered us 35% discount. The Buy-1-Get-1-Free at 100 Degrees won the race.

Ordered :
1) Flambe Chicken Steak @ 260, billed 130
2) Tandoori Chicken Sizzler @ 255, billed 127.50
3) Amritsari Fish Sizzler @ 280 X 2, billed 280
Total Cost including 14.5% VAT & 10% Service Charge came to 677 instead of actual 1,354.

677 bill for 4 of us makes it one of the cheapest outings for me in quite some time now.

Very Indianised taste with lots of red chillies and masalas.

Nice food, nice ambience, the family enjoyed the outing very much.

Funny thing was that the A/C was extremely chilling when we sat down but after the sizzlers, it was just pleasant and not at all cold. May be the effects of eating sizzling steaks with chillies!

Note : News Cafe offers 35% discount on birthdays while 100 Degress have a Buy-1-Get-1-Free offer on Snapdeal.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:49   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Ohri's 100 Degrees
Bajaj Saab, next time you pay them a visit, do try their Bhunawa Gosth Sizzler. Out of the World is what I would call it. It's one of their best sizzlers.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 13:35   #3838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ohri's 100 Degrees

1) Flambe Chicken Steak @ 260, billed 130
2) Tandoori Chicken Sizzler @ 255, billed 127.50
3) Amritsari Fish Sizzler @ 280 X 2, billed 280
Total Cost including 14.5% VAT & 10% Service Charge came to 677 instead of actual 1,354.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Bajaj Saab, next time you pay them a visit, do try their Bhunawa Gosth Sizzler. Out of the World is what I would call it. It's one of their best sizzlers.
Now i know where to have my dinner tonight.

It will be Amritsari Fish and Bhunawa Gosth Sizzler for dinner tonight.
Old 24th October 2011, 13:39   #3839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Was at Mast Kalandar,Hitec City the other night.What a gross disappointment.If only their food was as interesting and tasty as their wall advertisements painted on their walls.Ordered 2 Lassis,One of their HP3 thalis,a mini kebab platter and it costed us INR500.Total waste of money and the place is downright shabby and dirty.Never again.
I had the Maha Indian Combo for lunch. Rs 135 including taxes.
The combo had 2 lacha paraatha's, paneer gravy, daal, mixed vegetables and gulab jamun.

The food was served within 5-10 mins of placing the order. It was hot and very tasty.
Old 24th October 2011, 15:20   #3840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Thanks, Nikhil. That is what I first ordered but at the last minute I had a change of heart and went for the fish.

By the way, have been meaning to ask you this :
I have in the last one week had chicken dum biryani twice from Fishland at Ameerpet (same chain as Lakdi-Ka-Pul). Priced at 138 all inclusive for take away is a steal. The biryani was awesome to say the least. 3 of us shared 1 plate over lunch both times. I have rarely felt so heavy in my stomach and that too after eating way less than my normal diet. Is it the ghee they use, I mean, the amount of ghee they add which makes one feel bloated and filled to the throat even 3 hours after eating?

Silverwood, go for bhuna hua gosht and tandoori chicken!

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 24th October 2011 at 15:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks