Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 13:51   #3976
Team-BHP Support

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Papa John's Pizza India | Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. - www.papajohnspizza.in is up and running in Hi Tech City.
The store is beside Venky's Express and opposite Gateway.

4 of us went there for lunch.
Used a coupon from the menu sheet.
Large Fajita Pizza at Rs 680 (all inclusive) got us a free Medium Pizza.

The pizza's are nice. They taste better than Pizza Hut but not as good at OTF.
OTF is cheapers and better.

But this place is closer to office
It was packed. Seating is quite limited by the way.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:07   #3977
BHPian

Not exactly about eating out but more about getting the food from outside and eating in.

I happened to visit Metro Cash & Carry at Moosapet which is very near New Mars workshop where I gave my car today for repairs due to some sound from the pre-tensioner belt.

While window shopping / browsing the various shelves and aisles, I came across some deadly and awesome looking Smoked Pork Ham.

It has been ages since I saw such yummy ham with so much lean meat and so less fat and in perfect rectangular shape just waiting to adorn a nice sandwich.

Priced at around 750 a kilo, it was way beyond my budget since they did not have smaller packing.

Pork Ham Lovers need not think twice about visiting Metro to pick it up.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:08   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Normally one associates Four Seasons with Vivaldi's best symphony.
Little i knew i was heading for "unsymphoneous" (self coined word) experiance when i entered Four Seasons restaurant at Hitech City.
There was a A la carte and Buffet in separate sections and we headed to the buffet.

Load : Hillram + 7
PayLoad : Rs.348 incl taxes X 8 = Rs.2784 + tips

One of the worst Buffet which I could imagine,where the name of the dish didnot comply looks wise or taste wise.
I heard only lamd chops were good.
Some of the unsymphoneous plats included :
- Green PEACE Pulao
- Strawberry SUFFLE (Named a Kiwi SUFFLE)
- Bread PUDING
All the above qualified for disastrous culinary delights !!!!

Final Verdict : I would like to rename this restaurant as NO SEASONS !!
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00037201112071216.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00033201112071215.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 7th December 2011 at 15:15.
Old 7th December 2011, 16:55   #3979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Sorry about that, I should have mentioned this in my previous post.

I am not sure if either could be called an upscale/gourmet joint (relative within USA), a good meal could be had within $10 to $15. I had always enjoyed the food, the quality of the food and service were first class.
OTF is your best bet for Italian in Hyd today.Olives n Cheese is a bad imitation of italian food(in Trimulgherry),then you do have Little Italy which is the other end of the spectrum in terms of price and hardly anything to eat in terms of quantity.They have just gone ahead and slashed quantities!

As for Chinese not sure there is anything like the place you mentioned,my personal favourite for Chinese in the city is Chinese Pavilion on Road 1,Banjara Hills below Fribzi Videos.I keep telling most people that it ranks with the best in the country when it comes to Chinese and make it a point to make the place a must visit for everyone visiting Hyd.Prices are not economical,dishes are in the INR 200 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Hadippa Visit
I went around Hadippa the other day but just couldnt find any place to park the car.Any pointers on where to park the car?

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 7th December 2011 at 16:59.
Old 7th December 2011, 17:04   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Bread PUDING
That Bread PUDING looks like a pair of dentures I see at my cousins dental clinic. Bad styling of the food spoils the whole dining experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
OTF is your best bet for Italian in Hyd today
+1 on that a zillion times. Today's been OTF day again. Got 4 Chicken Penne Pesto, 4 Chicken Cheese Macaroni, 3 Veg Penne Pesto, 3 Veg Cheese Macaroni, 2 Florentine Pizza, 8 Golden Fried Mushrooms and 4 Potato Wedges delivered to office for lunch. OTF is my safe bet for enjoying world class food sitting at the comforts of my office.

Quote:
I went around Hadippa the other day but just couldnt find any place to park the car.Any pointers on where to park the car?
You can park you car in the parking area "on the pavement before the building". I was given to understand that that particular area is for parking after taking the setback from the road. You can park our car opposite New Born Baby Shop and head-on to Hadippa.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 17:14   #3981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1
OTF is your best bet for Italian in Hyd today.Olives n Cheese is a bad imitation of italian food(in Trimulgherry),then you do have Little Italy which is the other end of the spectrum in terms of price and hardly anything to eat in terms of quantity.

As for Chinese not sure there is anything like the place you mentioned,my personal favourite for Chinese in the city is Chinese Pavilion on Road 1,Banjara Hills below Fribzi Videos.I keep telling most people that it ranks with the best in the country
I visited OTF over the weekend and will plan to visit the pavilion shortly. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2011, 17:26   #3982
BHPian

hydz , its high time i visit OTF after reading some many +ve comments . could anyone guide me with locating this joint from inorbit mall or mindspace location.
Old 7th December 2011, 18:02   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
hydz , its high time i visit OTF after reading some many +ve comments . could anyone guide me with locating this joint from inorbit mall or mindspace location.
Please search this thread for "OTF" or the full name and you will see the location details.
Old 7th December 2011, 18:32   #3984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Take the road leading from Mind Space X Roads to Gachibowli. Turn right at the APIIC Junction and proceed towards Gachibowli Road.

It's the in the next building after you cross Cyberabad Commisioners Office.

Another landmark would be the Google Hoarding that would be clearly visible on the left side of the road. It's fixed atop the building that houses Over The Flames.

Another landmark would be OTF is below More Super Market.

Hope these 3 landmarks would ensure that you would reach the place easily.
Old 7th December 2011, 21:30   #3985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Did you try Tandoori Chicken at Pakwaan.?Its way better than what is served at Siddiqui.

BTW-I will surely visit haddipa in my next visit to Hyderabad.
Hi Waseem sometime back we tried the Grilled chicken but not TC at Pakwaan. Would surely give it a try the next time.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th December 2011, 09:06   #3986
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about that, I should have mentioned this in my previous post.

Lunch Menu at The Olive Garden, Olive Garden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Olive Garden is a chain of restaurants serving Italian recipes, liked eaqually for their complimentary bread and salads as well as the food.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro Menu: Starters-Lunch-Dinner-Vegetarian- Soup & Salad, P. F. Chang's China Bistro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PF Chang's is a chain of chinese restaurants, liked for the lettuce wraps as well as many other items on their menu.

I am not sure if either could be called an upscale/gourmet joint (relative within USA), a good meal could be had within $10 to $15. I had always enjoyed the food, the quality of the food and service were first class.
PF Changs is good, but Hyd has some of the best Chinese food you'll ever eat. Search around this thread, or ask for suggestions, as amazing chinese is in abundance. Mings court, Palace Heights, High King and I think Blue Fox all have good Chinese to try.

Olive Garden is also good, but I don't suspect you'll get that taste in Hyd/India. I've been reading a lot about the OTF place, but have no way to know the flavors comparatively.
Old 8th December 2011, 09:10   #3987
BHPian

txns nikhil ,

do i need to cross over the flyover at the ORR intersection , anyways will ask around for Cyberabad Commisioners Office.
Old 8th December 2011, 09:16   #3988
Distinguished - BHPian

Skumare,

I've had food at Olive Garden as well Bertucci's ( this is my favorite) in the US and getting the same taste is almost impossible as the smells of the fresh bread and olive oil that they use is glaringly missed here in India.

To experience such smells, flavours and maybe not equally good taste, then it has to be any 5* restuarant like Novotel, Park, Westin for these continental dishes as they bake breads fresh and use original ingredients to a large extent and smell being most important and you can perhaps relate to it a bit

While in India, it is always best to shift focus to what we get here the best.

Chinese food, will recommend the following in order both in terms of taste/quality/pricing

1. Ming's Court
2. Chinese Pavilion
3. Mainland China
4. Wonton's
5. Shangai Chef

MC is terribly expensive whereas Shangai Chef is not too consistent but, reasonably priced.

There are other places like Bowl O China, Chung Hua, Nanking etc which border from inconsistency to horrible food

Out of above lot, My personal favorite is Ming's court. It has never disappointed me till date.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 09:29   #3989
BHPian

No Arjun, this is before you ascend the flyover. You will find it easily. Another landmark, OTF comes after Carz on the left.
Old 8th December 2011, 11:04   #3990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for Chinese not sure there is anything like the place you mentioned,my personal favourite for Chinese in the city is Chinese Pavilion on Road 1,Banjara Hills below Fribzi Videos
Chinese Pavilion serves the most authentic chinese food and is VFM.

Avi,

Shanghai Chef is Indianised to suit the local taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Hi Waseem sometime back we tried the Grilled chicken but not TC at Pakwaan. Would surely give it a try the next time.

Thanks in advance.
Other than TC, Pakwaan serves amazing Fish Tikka, Daal Fry and Chicken 65.Biriyani at this place is very inconsistent.Also do not try gravy dishes here, you will be disappointed.

Please avoid visiting Pakwaan over the weekends and never opt for a take away.

Quote:
I visited OTF over the weekend and will plan to visit the pavilion shortly. Thanks.

He has few VFM combos like Pot rice with roast lamb in chilly sauce.

Try Bamboo rice, its amazing.

This place is easy to miss if you are coming from the flyover,keep a watch on your left after you exit the flyover and join road no. 1.This place is located at the basement.

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th December 2011 at 11:28. Reason: removed the inappropriate quote
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks