Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 16:42   #4021
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Had a team lunch meet at F9 Kondapur.

The buffet is not extensive but, the food is practically sad. Just a handful of items were good like Spring Rolls and Chicken Biryani in main course. A chocolate cake in desserts from the 6-7 in offering.

Ambience is as if someone has put "Chunna" on the wall. Looks really bad and shabby....

I wouldnt pay from my pocket and eat there. In any case, I am not too fond of buffet meals in the first place.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:09   #4022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I'll wait for your mom's input too as I would prefer shops in and around secunderabad but I can also go any extent for the rewri and gazaks ;-).
Just a thought, but wont it be available in and around Sindhi colony?
My mom says she arranges them for me from Delhi (actually Meerut) through some one or the other who is traveling to that part of the country.
No idea about Sindhi Colony!
Old 17th December 2011, 10:25   #4023
BHPian

Dinner @ Chinese pavilion - me and my wife:

Spicy crab soup @ 160/- Me and my wife wire apprehensive when we ordered the soup but it turned out to be awesome. Both of us loved it though was not sure why it was called SPICY.

Spicy chicken dry red chilly @ 280/- Decent snack, nice n spicy.

Bamboo rice @ 230/- Disappointment. The flavor of star anise was too over powering, mushrooms were too soggy. My wife totally disliked it, I thought it was just abt ok.

Wolly chicken @ 270/- Was pretty good.

Honey noodles with ice cream @170/- I personally never eat sweets / ice creams but liked what little honey noodles I ate.

The service was prompt. Ali was around and on my request he got a photo copy of the menu as they do not yet have take away menus.
Old 17th December 2011, 13:07   #4024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Dinner @ Chinese pavilion - me and my wife:

Spicy crab soup @ 160/- Me and my wife wire apprehensive when we ordered the soup but it turned out to be awesome. Both of us loved it though was not sure why it was called SPICY.

Spicy chicken dry red chilly @ 280/- Decent snack, nice n spicy.

Bamboo rice @ 230/- Disappointment. The flavor of star anise was too over powering, mushrooms were too soggy. My wife totally disliked it, I thought it was just abt ok.

Wolly chicken @ 270/- Was pretty good.

Honey noodles with ice cream @170/- I personally never eat sweets / ice creams but liked what little honey noodles I ate.

The service was prompt. Ali was around and on my request he got a photo copy of the menu as they do not yet have take away menus.
What time were you there?if it was yesterday we were there as well from 830 to 9 and were on the 4seater table closer to the counter.
Old 17th December 2011, 17:48   #4025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
What time were you there?if it was yesterday we were there as well from 830 to 9 and were on the 4seater table closer to the counter.
It was around that time - 8.45 to 9.30ish. We were seated at the corner table near the cash counter, the one against the mirror.

Had lunch meet of FreeHydies at Hadippa today. Me, CtrlAltDel and 5 other members.

Ordered the following :

Murgh Shorba - 75/-
Barbequed chicken wings - 160/-
Hadippa Tandoori chicken half - 175/-
Bhatti ka murgh - 150/-
Chicken sarson tikka - 150/-
Hara bhara kebab - 120/-
Tandoor mushroom - 140/-
Chicken Rara - 175/-
Butter chicken - 170/-
Tandoori roti - 15/- each * 4
Plain naan - 20/- each * 4
Dal fry - 100/-
Chicken tikka chawal - 130/- each * 2
Aloo Gobi adraki - 120/-
Gulab jamun - 35/-
Sweet lassi - 40/- each * 3

One word about the food - AWESOME. Each and every dish was excellent except the mushroom. I loved the barbequed wings, HTC, Sarson ka tikka, CT chawal. I normally do not even try veg food except daal when i eat outside but today I ate every item and the Hara Bhara kebab was superb.

Thanks traveloholic for recommending this amazing restaurant. The total bill came to 2132/- and we were given a discount of 290/- (15%) - paid 1842.00. Every one in the group ate to their heart's content. Will definitely go back soon. Booked a table for 12 for my wife's lunch kitty next Wednesday - with 40% off coupons from Dealdrum.

If I am in town on Thursday, I will definitely come for the lunch meet.
Old 17th December 2011, 19:10   #4026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was around that time - 8.45 to 9.30ish. We were seated at the corner table near the cash counter, the one against the mirror.
Ok i gues i did see you'll.we were in the table that was bang ahead of yours.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:46   #4027
BHPian

Last night with my wife and younger kid gone to Kartiya for a function, me and my elder son were left to fend for ourself. Was checking out Snapdeal and saw an ad for Cafe Cubano which was located very close to my house - on Road No.9. Decided to risk visiting this new place which looked like a college kids' hang out hookah bar.

Typical hookah bar it turned out to be with some seating inside and most out on the terrace. When I told them i had the Snap Deal 50% discount coupon, they asked for a print out and initially refused to accept the SMS I received. I logged onto Snap Deal and showed them the fine print where it was clearly mentioned that showing even the SMS voucher is alright. 'Reluctantly' they agreed to serve us. Dunno why they advertise if they do not want to honor the deal. They can atleast write clearly that they will not entertain guests unless they carry a print out.

Coming to food: it is mostly continental with couple of cuban / arabic / chinese / thai dishes thrown in.

We ordered:

Thai Roasted Chicken @ 175/- The dish was tasty and we both liked it but not sure why it was called THAI - tatsed like a decent chicken fry made at home.

Arabic Garlic Chicken with rice @ 279/- When the waiter brought the dish to our table I was sure I will not like it. It was some kind of fried rice in the middle with cream based chicken gravy poured on the sides. But once we started eating it I was surprised with the way it tasted. Very decent. Even the portion size was substantial and sufficient for both of us.

Kitkat Shake @ 155/- for my son.

Total Bill - 609.00
Discount - 304.50

Rs.62/- were charged towards VAT and service tax. Ended up paying Rs.367/-

Will I go back there without a discount coupon? Naah. Every item on menu costs more than 250/-. But if they continue with SD voucher, will visit again to try some more items on the menu.

BTW Teesta Rossa opened adjacent to All Seasons, near Road No.2 Masjid. Will go there soon.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:11   #4028
BHPian

Quote:
When I told them i had the Snap Deal 50% discount coupon, they asked for a print out and initially refused to accept the SMS I received. They can atleast write clearly that they will not entertain guests unless they carry a print out.
Well, the Hadippa voucher through DealDrums clearly states that one needs to carry a print out and Octane78 will carry 12 of them on Thursday.

How do I know?

I picked up one of Hadippa just now for my lunch today!

Quote:
BTW Teesta Rossa opened adjacent to All Seasons, near Road No.2 Masjid.
What is Teesta Rossa? More details please!
Old 20th December 2011, 11:45   #4029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Well, the Hadippa voucher through DealDrums clearly states that one needs to carry a print out and Octane78 will carry 12 of them on Thursday.

How do I know?

I picked up one of Hadippa just now for my lunch today!
Yes, it says we need to carry the print out and I am going to print the 6 vouchers I bought for tomorrow whereas Snap Deal clearly says the following:

Quote:
The Fine Print
Taxes included
One voucher valid for two persons only
Offer is not valid on Red bull, soft drinks and water.
Must redeem the voucher in a single visit
Show the voucher printout/SMS at the outlet
Prior appointment mandatory (Call 9849009400)
Can purchase multiple vouchers for gifting
Cannot be combined with other existing offers
Images are for representation purpose only

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
What is Teesta Rossa? More details please!
Teesta Rossa is an Italian cafe which opened few months ago on Jubilee Hills Road No.10. Few of my friends who visited the place had good things to say about it. They have now opened another outlet (?) at Banjara Hills.
Old 20th December 2011, 16:36   #4030
BHPian

I was supposed to lunch at Hadippa today and purchased a voucher also in the morning but at the last minute decided not to as I will anyway lunch there on the coming Thursday.

Ended up at Shanghai Chef in Madhapur, my first visit there.

Very nice ambiance, good layout and everything to match Aromas of China and Mainland China and so much cheaper.

The bubble burst when I started to eat the food.

The Chilli Garlic Noodle (140 including 7.5% tax) tasted more or less like it would at any ordinary roadside bandi, maybe even a notch lower. The Chinese Vans of Delhi are a hundred times better.

They served me tomato ketchup to go with the noodles instead of green chilli sauce.

I entered it at 13:15 and left at 14:00. I was the only patron in the restaurant and had to ask them to switch on the A/C as the restaurant was hot & stuffy.

During my time there, a group of 3 stags entered at 13:30 and 1 single lady at 13:45.

So till 2pm, the total customers they got were 6 including me and my wife.

I do not think I will go back there despite the fact that the food was fresh and piping hot.

It is just that it was not chinese in taste.

Aromas of China does spoil one with the authentic and tasty food they conjure up.
Old 20th December 2011, 16:53   #4031
Senior - BHPian

Was at Hadippa for lunch over the weekend.Indulged in authentic Dum Aloo(this was the authentic stuffed aloo),Dal Makhani,Rotis,Paneer Tikka Chawal.Amazing and lovely food.The only downside if it is one at Hadippa is the seating as per me.For big people like me(6ft+),it is a big problem sitting there.The tables are way too low which can still not be a problem,but the problem area is that the tables are covered below which means you cannot slide your legs under the table.I just could not sit there as I did not know what to do with my legs:(.In fact the so called tables at Hadippa are actually not tables,because on closer examination(i know quite a dumb thing to do)they are actually single seater sofas which have been topped up with a glass top to double up as a table.Anywys,in the final analysis,very difficult for tall people to sit there and relish the meal.
Old 21st December 2011, 09:08   #4032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Was at Hadippa for lunch over the weekend.Indulged in authentic Dum Aloo(this was the authentic stuffed aloo),Dal Makhani,Rotis,Paneer Tikka Chawal.Amazing and lovely food.The only downside if it is one at Hadippa is the seating as per me.For big people like me(6ft+),it is a big problem sitting there.The tables are way too low which can still not be a problem,
How come you ate veggie food or did i miss that your a veggie in the first place?

Btw, the seating you describe sounds a lot like Maya Bazaar where it was difficult for big guys like you and me to sit comfortably. Hadippa's seating sounds more or less the same. Does it mean we need to get into shape or they need to redesign their place to accomodate guys like us?

Last night we dedicated our dinner to chicken. Had dinner at KFC, Himayathnagar and tried a few things that I never tried before

Popcorn Chicken ( Wifey tells me it's available for over a year now)
I really enjoyed this chicken and was crispy, hot and super crunchy. Perfect to carry into a movie theatre

Rs. 95 for large

Fiery Grilled Chicken
The pieces were rather small. The first one I had was disappointing and tasted like any other regular tangdi chicken but, the second one was super delicious but, overall this is not KFC style chicken but, Indian one

Rs. 115 for 2 Pieces

KFC Grilled Chicken
I like the signature grilled chicken the best. Crunchy and tasty

Rs. 110 for 2 pieces

Chicken Strips
This is my favorite chicken dish from KFC. I enjoy this over the signature dish as well especially with their spicy sauce.

Rs. 95
Old 21st December 2011, 10:15   #4033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How come you ate veggie food or did i miss that your a veggie in the first place?

Btw, the seating you describe sounds a lot like Maya Bazaar where it was difficult for big guys like you and me to sit comfortably. Hadippa's seating sounds more or less the same. Does it mean we need to get into shape or they need to redesign their place to accomodate guys like us?
Haha no was a vegan for a change nothing intentional.by no stretch of imagination am I a pucca veggie.Afterall hard to find a pure veg mallu

As for the seating,hadippa is worser than mayabazaar.you would realise when you go there.Mayabazaar atleast has some tables which are normal.Hadippa has no option and nothing to do with getting in shape as Its the legs which are going to create a problem(unless you have intentions of reducing the length of your legs alongwith the flab !!!!)i sincerely hope they change their chair-remodelled-into-table kind of setup atleast for the sake of tall people or atleast keep a couple of tables which are high.elderly people are going to find it very difficult(anywys restaurants are not exactly well known for being elder friendly!!!!)
Old 21st December 2011, 12:09   #4034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Had dinner at KFC, Himayathnagar and tried a few things that I never tried before
Interesting thing is that the KFC Chicken Burger has lesser calories than the Veg Burger.
Info from a flyer kept inside the restaurant.

Quote:

Fiery Grilled Chicken
The pieces were rather small. The first one I had was disappointing and tasted like any other regular tangdi chicken but, the second one was super delicious but, overall this is not KFC style chicken but, Indian one

Rs. 115 for 2 Pieces
Pakwaan full chicken at 150 is way more tastier.

I picked up this one, cos my wife asked me to. Also picked up the strips. The restaurant now gives only paper bags. No plastic bags.

While I agree its more eco-friendly.
It was a pain cycling with this stupid bag.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:45   #4035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The restaurant now gives only paper bags. No plastic bags.While I agree its more eco-friendly. It was a pain cycling with this stupid bag.
Oh yeah, I had same difficulty on my bike with the extra large paper bag fluffing around in the wind as it was a take-away

I had almost all burgers in KFC and McD. Nothing to beat the burgers from King and Cardinal

Btw, there is a "Tezz Chicken" outlet opening at Himayathnagar right at the traffic signal opp. to Hyderabad House and just a stone's throw away from home. Hope their stuff is better as I never tried this style before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks