Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 12:23   #4126
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

I need to take my team out for dinner on Friday night.Can you suggest me an Indian NV restaurant(punjabi style) in the city & Hitech city limits..Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 13:31   #4127
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunday evening we decided to celebrate a special day at "Tansen" from Ohri's at Necklace Road

First thing that will blow you away is the large wooden entrance door and then when you enter the place its large area with huge space between each table with lovely waterway on both sides of the walkway with beautiful ambient lighting.

One of the best ambience in Hyderabad for sure. Dont know how i missed this place in the past

Cutlery, Glasses and other paraphenilia is designed to impress and looks rich and exotic

We ordered :-

Paneer Dum Roll (Rs.220)
The first bite into this dish made me realize its not all show and no-go. The taste is equally rich and mindblowing

Chicken Angara ( Rs.250)
One of the most juicest tandoori based chicken snack I tasted and pieces were large pieces and humungous quantity

Anokhi Gucchi Subzi ( Veg Continental Curry) : Rs. 210
A lovely veggie dish with loads and loads of continental veggies like mushroom, spinach, lettuce and other regular stuff. My mom loved this dish

Ghost Jahangiri (Rs.270)
One of the richest gravy and lovely mutton dish I loved.However, I dont know why most restuarants have large chunk of meat pieces. I like them smaller the better. Large chunks looks so gross

Kulchas/Naans/Rotis/Soft Drinks which was expensively priced at Rs.50

Akbari Malpua ( Rs. 110)
This is the best indian dessert in any restuarant that i ever had in Hyderabad. PERIOD ! Dont miss out on this one

VAT was a ridiculous 21% ( I noticed it later on)
Sc : 10%
Service Tax : 4%

This inflated the bill to roughly Rs.2000

Note: Order carefully as this place serves large quantities which is a plus for any restuarant and makes their pricing VFM

Here are some pictures which can speak louder than my words of their lovely ambience and dishes that we relished.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0407.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0406.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0398.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0396.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0376.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0384.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0387.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0385.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_0402.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 13:38   #4128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram
I need to take my team out for dinner on Friday night.Can you suggest me an Indian NV restaurant(punjabi style) in the city & Hitech city limits..Thanks
Hadippa
Punjabi By Nature
Angeethi
Sahib Sindh Sultan
Ohri's Tadka
Yellow Chilli (i dont like it so much but many swear by it)
Kebeb Factory ('Lahori food fest' going on currently)

Non punjabi but good for carnivores:

Uttupura (Mallu food, good nonveg, esp kickass banana leaf fish)
4 Seasons
Kritunga/R'seema Ruchulu (i prefer the former)

If budget is not a concern Westin has a good indian restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Sunday evening we decided to celebrate a special day at "Tansen" from Ohri's at Necklace Road.
Thats a great place! Did u try the rasgolla curry? Its a mildly spiced gravy with rasgolla balls. Unique and tasty!

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2012 at 13:42. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post
CtrlAltDel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 14:31   #4129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Punjabi By Nature
PNC @ Banjara Hills closed down long time ago.Has it reopened somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Another option and the easiest would be Barbecue Nation
Old 1st February 2012, 14:38   #4130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hadippa
Punjabi By Nature
Angeethi
Sahib Sindh Sultan
Ohri's Tadka
Yellow Chilli (i dont like it so much but many swear by it)
Kebeb Factory ('Lahori food fest' going on currently)

Non punjabi but good for carnivores:

Uttupura (Mallu food, good nonveg, esp kickass banana leaf fish)
4 Seasons

If budget is not a concern Westin has a good indian restaurant.

Great line up..Thanks.Where is Kritunga?
Old 1st February 2012, 15:00   #4131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great line up..Thanks.Where is Kritunga?
There is one off Raj Bhavan Road, on the Pratul Honda lane (lane on left just before zen91's office, and after Andhra Bank) . But that is too small for a team dinner, and the ambience is not all that great.

I am not sure where the main one is.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:22   #4132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
There is one off Raj Bhavan Road, on the Pratul Honda lane (lane on left just before zen91's office, and after Andhra Bank) . But that is too small for a team dinner, and the ambience is not all that great.

Kritunga is also in Madhapur...first floor of a building next to the Indian Oil Petrol pump and diagonally opposite Hyderabad House.

It has a simple ambiance like a Kamat or a Shanbagh but is air conditioned. Its famous for spicy Rayalaseema delicacies especially all possible parts of a goat!

car parking is an issue. I generally park my car in one of the lanes on the opposite side nr Hyderabad house.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 1st February 2012 at 15:24.
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:16   #4133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
One of the best ambience in Hyderabad for sure. Dont know how i missed this place in the past.
Shiva Shiva!

How can you do this, Avi? Even I have managed to visit Tansen thrice so far. What you have done is just not expected/done.

Will OTF be back in business between March 5 and 8?

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:43   #4134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

The main one is in a hotel adjacent to Civil Supplies bhavan, just after Mohsin motor needs. It is a place to go only if you like to enjoy good food. No ambience to speak off. Never been to the Madhapur outlet. May be it is done up better than other outlets.
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:38   #4135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ram, If company is sponsoring. Take them to Tansen or SSS

Lovely ambience and food simply cannot go wrong !
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:45   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Hadippa

Thanks for the recommendation. Visited Kritunga, Madhapur for lunch. The place was decently clean and very reasonably priced. The taste was outstanding particularly compared to Paradise Restaurant's curries which are indistinguishable from one another and bland.
there were two of us and we ordered-
Natukodi curry(pulusu?), Rayalseema Mutton, 6 phulka, 2 plain rice.
The portion sizes were good. Mutton was slightly high on salt. Notu Kodi's curry was thin in consistency but tasty nevertheless but I think that's the way it should be and it went extremely well with rice. The bill was princely INR 410 . Being an immigrant I am no Rayalseema cuisine expert but as a lover of spicy food I was extremely satisfied. At the end of the meal we were desperate for a lassi/buttermilk but it wasn't available at the moment.
Not a family place, best suited for take away or with friends looking for good food only. Service is fast.

The patrons of the place may please recommend the outstanding dishes to look out for here.

Last edited by huntrz : 2nd February 2012 at 15:50.
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:46   #4137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz
At the end of the meal we were desperate for a lassi/buttermilk but it wasn't available at the moment
you should have had their plain curd. Its the best and thickest i've ever tasted...thats what i have at the end of a meal at Kritunga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz
Not a family place, best suited for take away or with friends looking for good food only. Service is fast.
please check it out on weekdays at lunch time...lotsa ladies around. Its not a "posh" place but its good enuf for ladies and families. Like i said earlier, its somewhat like an Udupi joint inside.

My favourite dishes there are the Rayalseema chicken, Kritunga Special chicken, gongura chicken, prawn fry, special chicken/fish biryani, Raagi mudda and jowar roti and all finally washed down with plain curd.

I do not eat mutton but mutton lovers would have a ball there with maximum dishes (and body parts) to choose from. Veggies have the least choice but whatever availale is tasty, like aalu fry, gutti vankaya etc.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 2nd February 2012 at 21:54.
CtrlAltDel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:04   #4138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Thanks for the recommendation.

The patrons of the place may please recommend the outstanding dishes to look out for here.
Quote:
you should have had their plain curd. Its the best and thickest i've ever tasted...thats what i have at the end of a meal at Kritunga.

I do not eat mutton but mutton lovers would have a ball there with maximum dishes (and body parts) to choose from. Veggies have the least choice but whatever availale is tasty, like aalu fry, gutti vankaya etc.
You cannot go wrong with kritunga if you are ok with spicy food. Jowar roti, raagi mudde, gutti vanakaya, mushroom curry, aloo curry, naatu kodi pulusu, fish curry, rayalaseema mutton, mutton fry, Kurnool pulav rice, pesara pappu, chicken / mutton biryani (not dum but pulao kinds), curds. That is the best menu depending on what your preference is - veg, only chicken, red meat.

There are few other options that are good. Overall a VFM place.

had lunch at Papaji ka dhaba, Abids:

Tandoori Roti @10/- - The original gehu-ki-roti, great as usual

Ginger chicken @140/- - good but lacked the zing of ginger. Could have been better.

Mutton biryani @150/- - Absolutely delicious. Spicy, tasty, mutton cooked just enough, not too soft or soggy. Loved it. I love it when mutton is not overly done, there should be some resistance when you bite into tasty meat.

Lunch for 2 costed 376/-
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:28   #4139
BHPian

Move over Dadu's Jharokha (Himayatnagar). Tighten your belt as competition strikes at you.

Ohri's introduces Rajasthani cum North Indian Thali.

Ohri's De Thali opens its doors for lunch at White House, next to Lifestyle, Begumpet Greenlands.

The thali is priced at Rs. 189 All Inclusive.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-ohris-dethali.jpg

In so far as I remember, Dadu had priced their thali at Rs. 375 + taxes or something like that though I cannot be sure since I could never muster up enough strength to pay such a big sum so have never visited them.

Rajdhani Thali at Big Bazar in Ameerpet still remains VFM as it is cheaper but the quality Ohri's plan to dish out in their thali has to be compared after getting feedbacks and reviews.

Ohri's have tied up with SnapDeal and have an offer of Buy-1-Get-1-Free. However, if one includes the cost of purchasing the coupon, the discount is 38%. The deal is here :
Rs. 49 for buy-1-get-1 offer on veg thali
Old 5th February 2012, 11:35   #4140
BHPian

Hello,

Got this in an email, the guys are delivering to Cognizant at Gachibowli by 12.15 PM,is a big relief from the canteen food being served at our cafeteria,in case anyone is interested the details are in the message,

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Lunch Box flyer.xlsx (628.3 KB, 499 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks