Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 18:40   #4171
Senior - BHPian

Rayalseem Ruchulu-Big Thumbs Down

Place:RR,Jubilee Hills
When:Sunday,Lunch Time
Experience:Pathetic in one word.They have hordes of staff walking and running around the place and we were actually wondering what they were doing.They have a smart ploy in place wherein they dont have thalis of sundays.Thalis are available only Mon-Sat lunctimes.So Sunday afternoons one needs to go the ala-carte way.The restaurant was about 75% full.The long q of staff direct us to a table which did not have anything on it-no cutlery,no napkins nothing.We sensed this was not a great start.Menu card came and the right hand side is horribly expensive for the kind of ambience and food and service on offer.Price to quantity ratio for the dishes we ordered is miserable.Do not be fooled by the thick copper bottomed serving vessels which give you a mirage from the outside that the servings are humongous,when you start serving you realise that the vessel is 65% steel & copper bottom and 35% the dish you ordered!

Ordered for Mamsam Pulusu,2 rotis and 4 chapatis and a curd rice.The person just got all the things and plonked it on the table and he disappeared.No serving,no coming back to ask if we needed any repeat nothign absolutely.He just plainly disappeared only to reappear to ask if he can get the bill.Taste was average.Chapatis cost a heavenly 30rs a piece.

Taste was average.

Verdict:Wouldnt go back.Bad service and absolutely no value for the money paid.To top it a 5% service charge for non-existent service.
Old 5th March 2012, 18:51   #4172
Senior - BHPian

Cream n Fudge,Jubilee Hills:Awesome

Finally an ice cream parlor for me that serves something really nice and different and absolute VFM.

This place was the one endorsed by Vidya Balan during her Dirty Picture Promotion days.

Ordered for one medium serving of Ferro Rocher icecream and a black forest one and it was finger licking good.Medium serving costs INR 155.Three of us struggled to finish two medium servings.Total value for money and a must try place.All the cold stones and the cream stones take a bow,the new kid on the block means serious business and staff are also very eager.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 13:17   #4173
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Did you mean Rayalseema Ruchulu?

Quote:
Finally an ice cream parlor for me that serves something really nice and different and absolute VFM.
Please share the name and location.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:36   #4174
BHPian

Re: Cream n Fudge,Jubilee Hills:Awesome

Quote:
Details please, ideal for my summer holiday outings in Hyderabad.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:39   #4175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Did you mean Rayalseema Ruchulu?
Yes Rayalseema Ruchulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Please share the name and location.
Cream n Fudge Factory.Its on Road # 36,Jubilee Hills,Usha Jubilee Town,

The Cream & Fudge Factory - Indulge yourself with the creamiest ice cream on earth

Insist on the small servings first as the people there are busy advertising the medium and large servings!

In fact the titles of both the reviews had the names of the places

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Details please, ideal for my summer holiday outings in Hyderabad.
Cream n Fudge is in Blore as well.The black forest and the ferro rocher ones are a must try.I have a couple of people who rave about their mint flavour as well,no personal experience though.The place is opposite Rayalseema Ruchulu in Jubilee Hills(on your left towards Hitec City)

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 6th March 2012 at 13:45.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 13:48   #4176
BHPian

Quote:
Cream n Fudge is in Blore as well.The black forest and the ferro rocher ones are a must try.I have a couple of people who rave about their mint flavour as well,no personal experience though.The place is opposite Rayalseema Ruchulu in Jubilee Hills(on your left towards Hitec City)
Thanks. Cream n Fudge is tried and tested. Yes, I normally miss the title.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:51   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
In fact the titles of both the reviews had the names of the places

There is a cream n fudge at Gachibowli too, it shares the shop floor with Pizza corner, looks like they are from same promoters. Have tried it @Gachibowli. It was good for sure.
huntrz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 14:12   #4178
Senior - BHPian

Southern Mirchi,Nagarjuna Hills,Punjagutta-The Best Andhra restaurant in town today

After our disaster at Rayalseema Ruchulu,we headed out to Souther Mirchi the other day for dinner.An absolutely wonderful place.Lovely personalised service.Quick and fast.For not a connosieur of Andhra food like me (I am still learning the ropes when it comes to differentiating Telangana food from Rayalseema from Andhra!)Southern Mirchi must easily be the best restaurant serving Andhra food in town.The rice is superb,absolutely no hint of any cooking soda whatsoever.The dishes taste authentic and quantities are large.Reasonably priced.

Easily the must visit place for "Andhra" food.

We indulged in their Chicken Fry Pulao which was finger lickingly good.Bill was 500 for 2 servings of the pulao and a plate of pooris for the little lady.

We are going back there in a hurry.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 13:18   #4179
Senior - BHPian

Anybody using FoodSpotting app on your Smart phone to appreciate your favorite dish at a restaurant or discover a good dish?

Foodspotting - Find and recommend dishes, not just restaurants.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the web site. I am just an user of their app on my WP7.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:38   #4180
Senior - BHPian

Latest on OTF?

Is Over the Flames back up post-renovation?

I'm in town over the next 4 days and I hope to be able to visit the place at least once.

Regards,
spadix
Old 7th March 2012, 14:48   #4181
BHPian

Re: Latest on OTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Is Over the Flames back up post-renovation?

I'm in town over the next 4 days and I hope to be able to visit the place at least once.

Regards,
spadix
Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard it is going to be open for customers from 10th March.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:52   #4182
BHPian

Re: Latest on OTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard it is going to be open for customers from 10th March.
I doubt that as i was at the more super market in the same complex as OTF and did a little peek a boo .work is in progress as per HST (Hyderabad std time) which means 10th opening will be pushed to like 2 more weeks.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:59   #4183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Yes, that was traveloholic's last update. I just wanted a quick update on the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
I doubt that as i was at the more super market in the same complex as OTF and did a little peek a boo .work is in progress as per HST (Hyderabad std time) which means 10th opening will be pushed to like 2 more weeks.

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th March 2012, 10:48   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
When:Sunday,Lunch Time
Experience:Pathetic in one word.
Verdict:Wouldnt go back.Bad service and absolutely no value for the money paid.To top it a 5% service charge for non-existent service.
Passed on the message to uttam Reddy - copy pasted the whole review intoto. I am sure he will rectify the mistakes. And he should as they are expanding fast. What happens in Rd.No.36 will easily affect the business in new outlet at Himayath Nagar.

Quote:
After our disaster at Rayalseema Ruchulu,we headed out to Souther Mirchi the other day for dinner.An absolutely wonderful place.Lovely personalised service.Quick and fast.For not a connosieur of Andhra food like me (I am still learning the ropes when it comes to differentiating Telangana food from Rayalseema from Andhra!)Southern Mirchi must easily be the best restaurant serving Andhra food in town.The rice is superb,absolutely no hint of any cooking soda whatsoever.The dishes taste authentic and quantities are large.Reasonably priced.

Easily the must visit place for "Andhra" food.

We indulged in their Chicken Fry Pulao which was finger lickingly good.Bill was 500 for 2 servings of the pulao and a plate of pooris for the little lady.

We are going back there in a hurry.
This place has never let me down. Their thaali, biryani, appam - stew combination, jonna rotte - andhra curry combination....fish fry, quail fry...everything is excellent.

Been there several times and will go back again and again.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:33   #4185
BHPian

Quote:
After our disaster at Rayalseema Ruchulu,we headed out to Souther Mirchi the other day for dinner
Ranjit,

After reading your review, Uttam Reddy, Owner of RR wants your name and mobile number. Would like to message them to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Anybody using FoodSpotting app on your Smart phone to appreciate your favorite dish at a restaurant or discover a good dish?

Foodspotting - Find and recommend dishes, not just restaurants.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the web site. I am just an user of their app on my WP7.
I am using Zomato. Will see if this app is on Nokia store.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed