Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 09:53   #4186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules
After reading your review, Uttam Reddy, Owner of RR wants your name and mobile number. Would like to message them to me?
Mom and Dad didn't have too many kind words to say about RR, either. Day before y'day I was mentioning Cream & Fudge to them after reading Ranjit's review here. I explained the location to them (again from Ranjit's review) as opp. RR on #36, to which the focus immediately shifted to RR and not Cream & Fudge.

I'll try to get the complete, objective feedback from them as well, if it helps.

Regards,
spadix
Old 10th March 2012, 09:26   #4187
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Mom and Dad didn't have too many kind words to say about RR, either. Day before y'day I was mentioning Cream & Fudge to them after reading Ranjit's review here. I explained the location to them (again from Ranjit's review) as opp. RR on #36, to which the focus immediately shifted to RR and not Cream & Fudge.

I'll try to get the complete, objective feedback from them as well, if it helps.

Regards,
spadix
This happens with most restaurants when they branch out and grow big. It suddenly becomes about volume and quantity over quality, personal supervision goes for a toss. Even Ohris / Blue Fox face this problem.

Last night had dinner at Chef Inam's Steak House, Banjara Hills (Behind Melting Moments). I had Newyorker Steak - Pretty good though i could not finish it all. Kids had Chicken philly steak, they loved it. Wife had one of those desi chicken breast steak, okie dokie.

The only issue with Chef Inam's is I think they are over priced. All the dishes are priced around 450-550/- and usually serve only one.

Will certainly go back.
Old 10th March 2012, 13:46   #4188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
This happens with most restaurants when they branch out and grow big. It suddenly becomes about volume and quantity over quality, personal supervision goes for a toss. Even Ohris / Blue Fox face this problem.

Last night had dinner at Chef Inam's Steak House, Banjara Hills (Behind Melting Moments). I had Newyorker Steak - Pretty good though i could not finish it all. Kids had Chicken philly steak, they loved it. Wife had one of those desi chicken breast steak, okie dokie.

The only issue with Chef Inam's is I think they are over priced. All the dishes are priced around 450-550/- and usually serve only one.

Will certainly go back.
I think their Masab Tank outlet had prices in the 300-350 range. The Banjara Hills outlet is manned by Inam's brother. So am not sure of the cooking as well as Inam's signature style is missing.
Old 10th March 2012, 14:18   #4189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think their Masab Tank outlet had prices in the 300-350 range. The Banjara Hills outlet is manned by Inam's brother. So am not sure of the cooking as well as Inam's signature style is missing.
Inam himself was there at Banjara Hills outlet and he did my order personally. There are few chicken dishes in 300-350 range but they mostly tandoori items.

Makes Alhamdulillah the heaven it is. Awesome food, very reasonable prices.
Old 11th March 2012, 22:22   #4190
BHPian

Quote:
Inam himself was there at Banjara Hills outlet and he did my order personally. There are few chicken dishes in 300-350 range but they mostly tandoori items.

Makes Alhamdulillah the heaven it is. Awesome food, very reasonable prices.

Had been to this place today for dinner along with wife and daughter, ordered a combo of Jamaican steak, caper and cheese chicken steaks and Afghani Malai tandoori, all this was served along with beans, potatoes and garlic breads with sauces. Well my wife did not like the sauces as they were on a little sweeter side, but over all the food was good. Total damage to pockets Rs.900/-.

Last edited by bblost : 11th March 2012 at 22:46. Reason: sending PM.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:01   #4191
BHPian

Hi Guys,

For cakes I usually head to PATA Cake which i find a VFM, somehow i feel in this range(300-400) getting such lovely cakes as made by PATA Cake are not so easy to find in Hyd. For big and important parties I head to Taj Krishna always tried and tested for its cake. Had once tried a cake from Ofen for my daughter's birthday, they were able to make the design as per my choice but somehow did not like the taste for the valude paid (Rs.9000/- for 6 kg cake).

Recently tried a new shop in sindhi colony Gatooz, when i told the owner about my choice of Taj, he informed me that he was the chef with Taj Krishna and banjara, he was last working for Taj Falaknuma before he started his own venture. Tried an eggless white forest cake on feb 14th and was blown over by the taste. I suggest that it's a must try for pastry and cake lovers. Real lovely and tasty cakes.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 15:34   #4192
Senior - BHPian

Truffles Cafe,Rd 10,Jubilee Hills

We headed to this place-Truffles Cafe on Road 10,Jubilee Hills,based on a review of the place by a TBhpian-RanjithNair.I dont think we can thank him enough!We were there on Friday night and must admit we were blown over by the place.

What an outstanding place in terms of taste and location.Service is adequate as well and not very intrusive.The dishes all had a professional finesse to it-no denying that and the best part is the pricing.They have got it spot on,everything is in the range of INR 200-250.A meal for two shouldnt cost more than INR 500.We gorged on a Mediterranean Pizza,a Lasagne Bolognese & a pasta arabiatta.As this was our first time we did not want to indulge in something fancy.The dishes were spot on,adequate quantity and tasted yummy.

The place is on the same line as Testa Rossa and comes after Testa Rossa when you go towards Rd 36 from Chiranjeevi Bloodbank.The striking part of the place is the architecture.They have not chipped a single rock or boulder and instead have continued the walls as an extension of the rocks.A visit to their washroom would make it clear as to what I mean by extension of the rocks!

A definite will go back place.10/10
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 15:57   #4193
BHPian

Just a Small update, Wanted to go to OTF yesterday night so called them to check if they are ready and open for public, I was informed that they will be good to go from 20th March.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 17:36   #4194
Distinguished - BHPian

Saturday

Had lunch at Sai Ram Mess which is in lane next to Intergraph office on Begumpet road.

Its a nice clean and hygenic place with well spaced out tables for a mess.

Veg Meals : Rs.55
Chicken Fry : Rs.80
Omlette : Rs. 10

A great place for a simple, wholesome Andhra & Home type meal

Sunday

Enjoyed lunch at Begumbazaar at the most popular place called " Dhanno"

They have some of the most amazing dosa's and uttapam. Even the idlis are very nice

Dosas for Rs.30 onwards and Idlis for Rs.17

Dinner was at "Bawarchi"

Apollo Fish : Rs.160

Awesome presentation and tasted excellent too

Sheekh Kebab : Rs.150

Melt in the mouth type but, they need 30 mins to make it. Superb

Mutton Biryani : Rs.140

Asked for double masala and he even got extra masala on side. It was quite good but, Bawarchi never served good mutton in the biryani. Paradise is the best in that matter. Here it was a bit hard and chewy

Overall, an indulging weekend it was
Old 12th March 2012, 17:48   #4195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Saturday

Had lunch at Sai Ram Mess which is in lane next to Intergraph office on Begumpet road.

It is a nice decent mess with decent food. I usually order an omelet along with meals as I don't usually enjoy all curries served by them, I have limitations on south Indian curries.

Next time when you are in this, do let me know.
Old 12th March 2012, 19:18   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Saturday

Used to eat at this place regularly way back during 2003-2004 when my friend had a boutique in that lane and even used to get parcel from there all the way to my office @ Punjagutta.

Sai baba mess @ Shivam Road, Harika Mess @ Hyderguda and Harsha Mess @ Ameerpet were few other favorites. Harsha Mess is the most popular of the outlets and serves excellemt Andhra meals with non-veg curries.
Old 12th March 2012, 21:27   #4197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
It is a nice decent mess with decent food. I usually order an omelet along with meals as I don't usually enjoy all curries served by them, I have limitations on south Indian curries.
Any mess you go not all curries would be good. I especially go for karam pudi, Gun powder, Awesome Dal and sambhar. Curries I dont care much as anyways order a NV curry on the side.

Quote:
Sai baba mess @ Shivam Road, Harika Mess @ Hyderguda and Harsha Mess @ Ameerpet were few other favorites. Harsha Mess is the most popular of the outlets and serves excellemt Andhra meals with non-veg curries.
I have been to Harsha Mess at Ameerpet many times in the past during my earlier days in career when I use to roam around on a bike selling software

However, the most popular and the one I liked was "Kakatiya Mess". Except for its shady type of place, the food was simply a killer

How about making a comprehensive list of best messes in town that serve NV too???
Old 13th March 2012, 08:46   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
How about making a comprehensive list of best messes in town that serve NV too???
Make two lists - pure veg messes (which also serve egg preparations as most messes serve boiled egg / omlette) and messes which also serve non-veg.

One veg mess which not many know about is on the premises of Visveraya Bhavan, Institute of Engineers, Khairatabad. Tucked away in the back side is this place which serves thaali meals - buffet style. You pay money, take a plate and serve yourself. Limited chairs to sit but most people sit outside under trees. Frequented by employees of APTRANSCO / Vidyuth Soudha, the food is excellent. This one does not have a name.

Another mess is Opp. Stanza, Liberty circle. Rice, daal and sambar are awesome. I am not sure what this place is called except for a big board 'MESS' hanging outside.
Old 13th March 2012, 17:28   #4199
Senior - BHPian

New Daily Bread Sandwich Parlor & Cafe at Sainikpuri

Daily Bread has opened an exclusive Sandwich parlor and cafe at Sainikpuri 5th Avenue,right beside Baskin Robbins.Its a high end cafe and has been done up very aesthetically as well.There is a live cake counter as well and bday cakes are made and delivered in 30minutes.Did taste one of the pastries on offer and found it to be very good.Finally CCD has some competition!

Pastas are also being served and there is an opening month discount of 20% of bills of above 20% and a 10% discount on cakes.

Khansaab-Going Down

Was at Khansaab for lunch today after watching a morning show of Kahaani.What a downer after such an exhilirating movie!

Ordered a Mutton Korma/Veg Galoti Kabab/Veg pulao(just cant remember the name),well frankly nothing tasted good.Mutton was not cooked and was rubbery,the curd in the galoti kabab and the one used to make the raita for the pulao was so very sour that just could eat them.Not at all worth the tag of being called an Awadhi cuisine restaurant-A shame.

Service was ok,nothing great and the whole place was quite empty even at 2pm.Prices are through the roof.The starters are all in the range of INR 225(VEG) and INR 265(Non Veg).The main course also is in the same range.Seafood was in the range of 350 to 500!Not a place we are going back to.Total Thumbs Down

Wild West American Burgers-Happy Burgers Sainikpuri

Has anyone heard of this one?There are banners all over Sainikpuri & Defence Colony advertising about this.I am somehow very apprehensive about the whole affair because there is no physical address for the place.There is no restaurant.How on earth do we know how and where do they make their burgers.All that they have is a toll free number and a website,so just wanted to know if anybody here has any dough on this burger joint?

The advertised website is www.happyburgers.in and they claim to serve authentic ham-burgers(a rarity in India).

Has anyone heard of this one?There are banners all over Sainikpuri & Defence Colony advertising about this.I am somehow very apprehensive about the whole affair because there is no physical address for the place.There is no restaurant.How on earth do we know how and where do they make their burgers.All that they have is a toll free number and a website,so just wanted to know if anybody here has any dough on this burger joint?

The advertised website is www.happyburgers.in and they claim to serve authentic ham-burgers(a rarity in India).

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th March 2012 at 22:59. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 14th March 2012, 09:36   #4200
BHPian

Re: Truffles Cafe,Rd 10,Jubilee Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
We headed to this place-Truffles Cafe on Road 10,Jubilee Hills,based on a review of the place by a TBhpian-RanjithNair.I dont think we can thank him enough!We were there on Friday night and must admit we were blown over by the place.

What an outstanding place in terms of taste and location.Service is adequate as well and not very intrusive.The dishes all had a professional finesse to it-no denying that and the best part is the pricing.They have got it spot on,everything is in the range of INR 200-250.A meal for two shouldnt cost more than INR 500.We gorged on a Mediterranean Pizza,a Lasagne Bolognese & a pasta arabiatta.As this was our first time we did not want to indulge in something fancy.The dishes were spot on,adequate quantity and tasted yummy.

The place is on the same line as Testa Rossa and comes after Testa Rossa when you go towards Rd 36 from Chiranjeevi Bloodbank.The striking part of the place is the architecture.They have not chipped a single rock or boulder and instead have continued the walls as an extension of the rocks.A visit to their washroom would make it clear as to what I mean by extension of the rocks!

A definite will go back place.10/10
+1 to everything listed by you.was at truffles yesterday evening with wife.

great place to just sit around and chill.

we were sitting on the top most section giving a nice view of the street below with trees all around.

we had:-

- charred grilled fish
- cheesy garlic bread
- 2 ice tea's(peach and lemon)

i may disagree a bit on the price to quantity part( maybe we made the wrong choice of dishes to order)

quantity was way below sufficient for the fish (there was more of salad and like 5 small cubes of fish) paying inr 240 for that much quantity did not justify

Ambience ,decor ,service and setting a big

Total bill paid for the above 640/-

Next time will try the pizza and lasagne here (waiting for over the flames to open up though)

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 14th March 2012 at 09:38.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed