Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:55   #4306
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Avi,

Whats the parking scenario at BC? One of the reasons I avoid going there is the parking issue (I never personally checked - for some reason always assumed it is going to be an issue) and also I need to take go 2-3 kms to take a U turn to get back home.

Would not mind going there if I can park my car easily to get a take away.
Not a major issue.What I usually do is I park on the other side of the road,the lay by is wide and large and there is a strategic point where a building juts out onto the road,so traffic will have to go around it,you can safely park the car there,else the BC building itself has parking,go ahead of the entrance and take a left for the basement parking.But its too cumbersome and difficult to park and then get out of the parking.Easiest is to park on the other side of the road and cross over.After 9 in the night,you can park in front of BC on the road itself,no issues.
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:27   #4307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Not a major issue.What I usually do is I park on the other side of the road,the lay by is wide and large and there is a strategic point where a building juts out onto the road,so traffic will have to go around it,you can safely park the car there,else the BC building itself has parking,go ahead of the entrance and take a left for the basement parking.But its too cumbersome and difficult to park and then get out of the parking.Easiest is to park on the other side of the road and cross over.After 9 in the night,you can park in front of BC on the road itself,no issues.
No Ranjit. Parking on the road is never safe. You can never know if the CM is going to use the road. I have seen cars being towed away even at 10:30 in the night on both sides of the road. Babu Khan Mall has paid parking and the car will be safe there.
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:30   #4308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice to know their quality remains. Which steak you had and pricing info too please
Quote:
Directions to Chef Inam's please?I looked for it near Golconda hotel,is somewhere there?Parkign available for cars?
We had the following steaks from Chef Inam's. The total bill came to Rs 1300/- and hence each steak was around 400-450.

French Pepper Tenderloin Steak
Pepper Balsamic Tenderloin Steak
Cheezelicious Tenderloin Steak

All of them were really good. The sauces were also complimenting the steak. You can have them grill your steak "Well done" or "Juicy". You will also see Tandoori/Hamburger options as well.

The order does take some time depending on what you grill. It is a small place so expect some delay . We have set our eyes on other items in the menu for the next visit ! Yum !

This was my first time and hence I assumed it would be as big as a restaurant. But it is a very small joint on the main road itself. It is besides the "Emphala Cafe" just after the Golconda Hotel. This is located when the road makes a turn and hence is quite wide enough for parking on the main road. I did not notice any "No Parking" sign so you should be good. There is a lane just besides it in case you want to avoid parking on the main road.

The below wikimapia link points to the correct location. Hope this helps !

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Happy digging ! Looks like I need to ditch "Ice and Spice" at Tolichowki for some time !
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:52   #4309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose

We had the following steaks from Chef Inam's. The total bill came to Rs 1300/- and hence each steak was around 400-450.
Thanks for this.quite steep prices I guess.But then hardly any good exclusive steak places in Hyd after Yokos shut shop:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
Not safe to park
Thanks for letting me know.I always have my wife and daughter sitting in the car so havent faced any issue till date,but yes its a valid point.Even Minerva Coffee House bldg has paid parking at 10rs.Give it to the valet and he does the rest.On that topic there is some new restaurant open in the same minerva building,they have put up boards.Eating out seems to be a big money spinner now a days.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:44   #4310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post

Happy digging ! Looks like I need to ditch "Ice and Spice" at Tolichowki for some time !
That's steep pricing for such a small restuarant. Couple of times I had there the quantities were very small. Is it still the same?

Is " Ice and Spice" a good place for steaks? Pricing and exact location?

@Ranjit, i call BC before heading there and sit in car while wifey hops out and picks up the parcel. This modus operandi worked like a charm each time
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:39   #4311
BHPian

Quote:
That's steep pricing for such a small restuarant. Couple of times I had there the quantities were very small. Is it still the same?

Is " Ice and Spice" a good place for steaks? Pricing and exact location?

@Ranjit, i call BC before heading there and sit in car while wifey hops out and picks up the parcel. This modus operandi worked like a charm each time
I agree the price is on the steeper side at Chef Inam's. Quantity should also have been more ( I wasnt stuffed ! ) but it is definitely worth a try.

Ice and Spice is a good place for Shawarmas and shakes. It is located at Yusuf Tekri at Tolichowki. Price is reasonable but the place is always jam packed especially after 8pm. It is besides the 4 Seasons Restaurant.

Wikimapia link below :-

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Old 4th May 2012, 18:30   #4312
Senior - BHPian

Pune's Cafe Chokolade

Not sure how many are aware of this,but this interesting ice cream chain has opened in Hyderabad and there is a deal on Snapdeal as well.I have tried their trademark CAD B & CAD M at some of their outlets and believe me its quite excellent.Even the icecreams are way more than the usual kind of things that one gets in the parlours.Its a worth a try.I havent tried the Hyd outlet so no comments on the service taste etc.The address is Opp Agrawala,Himayath Nagar. The wesbite link is Welcome to Caf Chokolade
Old 5th May 2012, 15:26   #4313
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pune's Cafe Chokolade

Quote:
The address is Opp Agrawala,Himayath Nagar. The wesbite link is Welcome to Caf Chokolade
You have now entered into my territory?

I live in lane right next to Cafe Chokolade and have noted this new place opened just a few days ago.

Will try their ice-cream out soon. Any specific flavor they make best?
Old 5th May 2012, 19:50   #4314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have now entered into my territory?

I live in lane right next to Cafe Chokolade and have noted this new place opened just a few days ago.

Will try their ice-cream out soon. Any specific flavor they make best?
The cub is growing big and is now looking at pushing his territory far and wide

Their trademark CAD B & CAD M are good.M is the one made of milky chocolate and B is the one made of bitter chocolate.I like the B(purely a personal preference).Their concept is different and is a mixture of shakes and ice creams.My favourite there is the one which involves a ferror rocher chocolate cant remember the name though.The normal serving which is about 60rs or so itself is quite big!Their birthday cakes are excellent and are a steal at some INR450(ofcourse all this is my experience with Mumbai not sure of HYD rates).Their icecreams comparitively are a lot lighter as opposed to the regular run of the mill icecreams that one gets,they say its because of the way its made(I cant vouch for it though!)
Old 7th May 2012, 13:01   #4315
Senior - BHPian

Devious Ways at Truffles Cafe

Not sure what is it with restaurants that once they begin to start doing good,they begin to resort to unhealthy practices.Beyond my understanding this.

Was at Truffles the other night thanks to an urge to have some good Lasagne.And Truffles makes them really good(though overpriced but worth it for a once in a while kind of meal)It was just me and so I go and park myself in a corner chair.Place the order and even after eternity there is no sign of any water.(Service is anyways slow at Truffles)Finally I ask them to give me some water and they promptly bring me a Kinley 1L bottle.I am one of those guys who is strictly against the bottled water mafia.I just cant stand them(just a personal stand nothing else,and my belief is that if a restaurant cant provide clean drinking water to their patrons then they are not fit to be in the business)I get a response from the staff that their water filter is under repair and so I would have to buy their 5 times overpriced bottled water.I was evidently pissed at that statement,simply because,firstly the filter was working,secondly this has become their standard response to requests for "normal" water,I have been getting this standard response of filter not working saar from them,for the past three months right from February thirdly I completely abhor paying 5 times the stated MRP for a product into which there is no contribution by the restaurant(all that they are doing is reselling the water,you dont need to be paying 5 times the MRP for that).I blankly asked him if the filter is so special that it cant be repaired for three months!The order taker just disappeared never to appear again,which made it amply clear that it was a policy not to serve filtered water to the guests and instead push down the Kinleys down every patron' throat.They very clearly have their filter working fine,as in front of me in the bar counter,they were making all their mocktails in filtered water and dont tell me that the entire staff at the restaurant is surviving on Bottled Bisleri water.Just a plain devious way of extorting money from the hapless customers who just gullibly bought those bottles.I refused the water and I carried my own boiled water bottle.Its disgusting to see the way restaurants are playing into the hands of the water mafia and falling for the easy way out to make big profits.A normal 1L Kinley water bottle is sold at INR 45 plus service tax,plus vat,plus service charge which comes up to INR 53 and all this is shamelessly done when the MRP on the bottle is printed as INR 12 OR 15.Sitting in the restaurant I promptly posted a query on their Facebook wall(truffles has a facebook page)asking them when do they intend to get their filter working,if at all ever and that it looks very lame for a place like theirs to be indulging in such cheap profiteering.As expected by the next day morning,the post disappeared from their wall(quite obviously taken down by the lady owner!So much for transparency and customer is king kind of attitude)Its all very well to be running a niche place,but if you cant get the basics right,it would begin to fall apart sooner if not later.RIP Truffles for me until they get their filter back to working!

Rajdhani

Was at Rajdhani yesterday night for dinner and I ended up doing a takeaway.The rush for the dinner was unbelievable yesterday.The people were overflowing onto the pavement.It was a tough task to climb up the stairs and reach the restaurant.Since I have been a regular,the person recognised me and quickly gave me the takeaway box.Its very reasonably priced and VFM.It consists of 6 rotis,rice,two veg dishes,one dal,one dessert,papad,pickle,salad.The box is priced at INR 99 and is more than adequate for one person.Oh yes it comes with a spoon and fork as well
Old 8th May 2012, 15:27   #4316
BHPian

Re: Devious Ways at Truffles Cafe

Quote:
Sitting in the restaurant I promptly posted a query on their Facebook wall(truffles has a facebook page)asking them when do they intend to get their filter working,if at all ever and that it looks very lame for a place like theirs to be indulging in such cheap profiteering.As expected by the next day morning,the post disappeared from their wall(quite obviously taken down by the lady owner!So much for transparency and customer is king kind of attitude)
I copied your post about Truffles from here and posted it again on their FB page yesterday.
They have apologised some times back.
Here is the screen shot:
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-ranjit.jpg
No need to thank me for it.
This is a small pay back for your excellent route guidance to other members here.
Old 8th May 2012, 20:40   #4317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Devious Ways at Truffles Cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I copied your post about Truffles from here and posted it again on their FB page yesterday.
Here is the screen shot:
Attachment 924964
No need to thank me for it.
This is a small pay back for your excellent route guidance to other members here.
What inconvenience are they apologising for? Was it the lack of water, or lack of courtesy in deleting a complaint on their FB page?

Truffles is off my radar for sure. Thanks to Ranjitp1 for posting.
Old 9th May 2012, 07:27   #4318
BHPian

Quote:
RIP Truffles for me until they get their filter back to working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What inconvenience are they apologising for? Was it the lack of water, or lack of courtesy in deleting a complaint on their FB page?
Truffles is off my radar for sure. Thanks to Ranjitp1 for posting.
Truffles Cafe does it again.

They apologised yesterday and just now they deleted my comment also.

Wish I was a registered user of Zomato and Burrp. Would have posted all these there but alas I am not a member there. Ranjit, please post on these sites also for others to be wary and not get fleeced.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:50   #4319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Their icecreams comparitively are a lot lighter as opposed to the regular run of the mill icecreams that one gets,they say its because of the way its made(I cant vouch for it though!)
I took-away two different flavours after seeing your post

1. Natural Watermelon Ice-cream, small scoop in a cup. Rs. 35. Just ordinary. I feel Naturals outlet's natural ice-cream are way better.

2. Dry Fruit Chocolade : What an excellent ice-cream. Loaded with dry fruits and chocolate also had a different smoky flavour and very rich. Quanity was just about fine. Rs. 75.

Will go back for # 2

-------------------------------------x------------------------------

Sunday, I got take-away from Kakatiya Mess, Ameerpet

1. Mutton Fry Boneless
2. Mutton Fry Boneless ( Light Gravy)

# 1 was extremely spicy a bit chewy but, super excellent though

# 2 was perfectly spiced and melt in mouth meat and was equally excellent

I liked # 1 more though

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Evening wanted to eat rolls so headed out to Baba Chulha but, found a big hoarding there saying they are closed and will re-open on May 12th.

So headed straight to Paradise and had mutton biryani and TU in Persis Gold)

Being a sunday evening, the crowd was just too much.

Feedback : I re-emphasize, Paradise Biryani is the true biryani of hyderabad. The flavour is unmistakable and is repeated each time (consistency) and despite serving so many people, their mutton is so well-cooked, its simply unbeilevalable. It just melts in your hand.

Besids above, quantity is perfect for two people so its total VFM. Rs.220

Dont forget to say double masala when you ask for it. I always like mine that ways. Most other outlets serve a dry white rice biryani with mutton somewhere buried deep within it.
Old 9th May 2012, 19:52   #4320
BHPian

Quote:
We ordered :-

Thumbs Up 2 No's ( Rs.52)
Mutton Boti Kebab ( Rs.250)
Mutton Biryani ( Rs.210)

The prices mentioned above is as per menu card. However, when the bill came. They charged Rs.218.XX for the Kebab and Rs.183 for the Biryani. Vat was 14.5% and no other charges.

Still yeh majra kya hai (why this happened)
Digging up an very old post to clarify on this aspect. Was thinking of doing it for the past 1 week but it skips my mind always.

The prices mentioned in the Menu Card are inclusive of Taxes.

The actual MRP of Mutton Boti Kebab is Rs.218.35, including 14.5% Tax, it becomes Rs.250.

The actual MRP of Mutton Biryani is Rs.183.35, including 14.5% Tax, it becomes 210.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks