Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 20:00   #4321
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Digging up an very old post to clarify on this aspect. Was thinking of doing it for the past 1 week but it skips my mind always.

The prices mentioned in the Menu Card are inclusive of Taxes.

The actual MRP of Mutton Boti Kebab is Rs.218.35, including 14.5% Tax, it becomes Rs.250.

The actual MRP of Mutton Biryani is Rs.183.35, including 14.5% Tax, it becomes 210.
You've been "condored".
Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Agree that before 1pm is the best time to visit Paradise or for that matter, you will get the best service and biryani in good shape around this time at most of the biryani outlets.

The prices quoted on the menu are inclusive of VAT. May be they don't want to surprise their patrons by adding VAT to the menu prices.
Old 9th May 2012, 21:33   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Feedback : I re-emphasize, Paradise Biryani is the true biryani of hyderabad. The flavour is unmistakable and is repeated each time (consistency) and despite serving so many people, their mutton is so well-cooked, its simply unbeilevalable. It just melts in your hand.

Besids above, quantity is perfect for two people so its total VFM. Rs.220
Totally backing you there buddy. When I moved to Hyderabad last year, one of the first things that I did was to check out Paradise. I absolutely loved the Biryani ; incidentally I found this kinda similar to the Malabar Biryani. But unfortunately every true blue Hyderabadi i met thereafter kept reiterating that Paradise biryani was not the REAL Hyderabadi and to try out other places like bawarchi, hyd house etc. (I tried all of those but personally never came close to Paradise).

Three cheers to Mobike for standing up for the Paradise Biryani and no one can deny the VFM
Old 10th May 2012, 11:48   #4323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Even the icecreams are way more than the usual kind of things that one gets in the parlours.Its a worth a try.I havent tried the Hyd outlet so no comments on the service taste etc.The address is Opp Agrawala,Himayath Nagar. The wesbite link is Welcome to Caf Chokolade
Quote:
Their trademark CAD B & CAD M are good. Their concept is different and is a mixture of shakes and ice creams (ofcourse all this is my experience with Mumbai not sure of HYD rates).Their icecreams comparitively are a lot lighter as opposed to the regular run of the mill icecreams that one gets,they say its because of the way its made(I cant vouch for it though!)
Quote:
1. Natural Watermelon Ice-cream, small scoop in a cup. Rs. 35. Just ordinary. I feel Naturals outlet's natural ice-cream are way better.
Chokolade Cafe
I tried their ice cream yesterday and I must say that I am disappointed right from their attitude to the quality of the product.
I walked in to the parlour and there was one lady behind the cash counter and no one else, be it staff or customers.
She looked up from the book she was reading and got back to the book leaving me just standing there with no clue whether I should ask her or what? A really dis-interested franchisee, if I may say so.
Anyway, I stared at the menu and a while later one man comes out from behind the door and asks me what I would like to have?
He could not explain what is different about their shakes from any other place so I ordered a cup of Jamun ice cream.
It was a horror worth 35/-.
Full of crystals, absolutely raw milk taste, no flavour, no real fruit pieces, nothing at all.
SUM UP : It is a very poor imitation of Naturals.
Of course, no idea about their shakes and from what I have read and understood from the earlier posts about this place by Ranjit & Mobike, one should visit it for shakes.
Will go for a shake and maybe halt at K&C for their burger while there.

Fine Juice Centre
Later, I went to Fine Juice Centre opposite Balaji Grand Bazar in the lane between Mor Medicals and Hyderabad Nursing Home at Basheerbagh.
Ordered fresh "Falsa" Juice for 35/-.
Amazing!!!
Note for all those who love falsa juice. He is going to stop serving falsa juice in the next couple of days as the price of the fruit has shot up from 150/- to 400/- per kg.
He is yet to start Fresh Mango Juice as he uses only Kesar mangoes which have not yet developed the flavour, according to him.

Gokul Chat
I also visited Gokul for his famous Mirchi Bhajji.
Got it packed and brought it home for evening.
In the evening, cut the bhajji into 4 to 6 slices per bhajji and deep fried it to convert it to Cut Mirchi.
Yummy, as good as Sailing Annexe of Secunderabad Club.
Had one plate yesterday (20/- for 4 pieces) and will knock off the 2nd plate today.

Aroma
Ordered home delivery of Methi Chicken for dinner from Aroma Restaurant & Bar at Kalanikethan Mall at Somajiguda. Very good sized portion per plate. Very reasonable & VFM (170/-, no taxes). Very tasty. Good competition to "The Hub" which is located nearby and also "Deccan" located opposite it.

Kamat
Missed eating the famous thali at Kamat near Ramakrishna Theatre as had to rush home after hearing that road blocks were expected. Did run into one at Raj Bhawan at 1:15pm. Waved out to a few Sakshi reporters who were protesting there to while away my time in the car. Took me half an hour from Imax Circle to Somajiguda Circle. Ended up lunching at home on rajmah-chawal.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:06   #4324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Will go for a shake and maybe halt at K&C for their burger while there.
Also try their Chicken Salad Snack. One of the best I have ever had till date. Nothing comes close to Chicken Salad Snack of K&C. Universal too sells Chicken Salad Snacks, however it is miles behind in the race. Try their Butter Chicken Rolls too.
Old 10th May 2012, 14:09   #4325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also try their Chicken Salad Snack. One of the best I have ever had till date. Nothing comes close to Chicken Salad Snack of K&C. Universal too sells Chicken Salad Snacks, however it is miles behind in the race. Try their Butter Chicken Rolls too.
Been a patron of K&C for years now and never heard of this Salad? What exactly is it? Also, is the full name Chicken Salad Snack?

I tried almost every dish of K&C and my favorite in sequence are :-

1. Burgers ( Best in town but, sometimes i feel its greased too much with Mayo so i ask him to put little less)

2. Chicken Rolls ( Sometimes I find this better than their famous burger)

3. Mutton Samosa. They introduced this about a year ago and it was simply outstanding. But, offlate their increased the price exorbitantly to Rs. 15 a samosa, size reduced and mutton filling reduced considerably

4. Chicken 65. This is their hottest selling item apart from their burgers. 6 large pieces for Rs.50 and absolutely no coating. Each is a juicy piece of chicken perfectly made. I buy this so often, still not bored of it

All other dishes like butter chicken roll, mutton cutlet etc are pretty ordinary in every aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
But unfortunately every true blue Hyderabadi i met thereafter kept reiterating that Paradise biryani was not the REAL Hyderabadi and to try out other places like bawarchi, hyd house etc. (I tried all of those but personally never came close to Paradise).

Three cheers to Mobike for standing up for the Paradise Biryani and no one can deny the VFM
Absolutely. I have tried Biryani at almost every joint that is someone in the Biryani business. NONE OF THEM, are consistent.

Paradise Biryani a couple of years ago fell to same problem but, they quickly put their act together and are back in Biryani business with a bang.

The aroma, rice used, flavour, marination and melt in mouth meat is stuff made in dreams

Paradise Biryani is the best in town .Period !!! ( Persis Gold only, as i found some difference in each floor with ground floor paradise cooking their biryani in oil instead of ghee)

Quote:
Chokolade Cafe
To my utter shock, that lady told me they are doing business there from last 2 years and I happened to see that store just a few days ago despite living in lane next to them
Old 10th May 2012, 14:15   #4326
Team-BHP Support

I doubt if anything comes close on the VFM aspect of the Gift Pack @ Rs 350.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-para.jpg

http://paradisefoodcourt.com/menu.pdf

And the Biryani tastes quite good as well.
Old 10th May 2012, 19:17   #4327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no one can deny the VFM
Totally agree with you.The time when we shifted to Hyd 5 years back,the very first place that we landed up for lunch was Paradise and have been firm loyalists from that day as well as reccomending the place to all and sundry.The other night I saw a sight at Paradise at the rear which was mind boggling,a truck unloading Daawat Basmati rice bags.On asking around I was told that every night two such trucks of rice are unloaded for the next day(no source to verify this,this is hearsay as per the security guard there)..Just goes onto show the biriyani consumption prowess that we Hydies have

Quote:
Waved out to a few Sakshi reporters who were protesting there to while away my time in the car.
I just could stop laughing reading this line.I actually imagined you doing it.Gosh,hope the Sakshi guys took some inspiration from that to beat the fierce sun.
Old 10th May 2012, 21:06   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
The other night I saw a sight at Paradise at the rear which was mind boggling,a truck unloading Daawat Basmati rice bags.On asking around I was told that every night two such trucks of rice are unloaded for the next day(no source to verify this,this is hearsay as per the security guard there)..Just goes onto show the biriyani consumption prowess that we Hydies have
However, that's a fact. I have seen it myself and that too, when I was standing there with someone from the Paradise Family. I would not take his name here but he is a family member of guys, who own Paradise. These are usually stocked up at Paradise, Secunderabad and then transferred to other outlets. These aren't just used for Biryani but also used for their other rice dishes and catering orders too.
Old 10th May 2012, 21:53   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree with you.The time when we shifted to Hyd 5 years back,the very first place that we landed up for lunch was Paradise and have been firm loyalists from that day as well as reccomending the place to all and sundry.

Ranjith, how does this compare to our very own Tsr Saphire Biryani ?

By the way guys, did anyone point out that OTF has increased prices (should be substantial % wise) , but still continues to be VFM. I don't know if he remembered me from the last meet we had over there, but i surely did get 10% discount on the bill.

Last edited by autotranny : 10th May 2012 at 22:13. Reason: posting too soon
Old 10th May 2012, 23:28   #4330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, that's a fact. I have seen it myself and that too, when I was standing there with someone from the Paradise Family. I would not take his name here but he is a family member of guys, who own Paradise. These are usually stocked up at Paradise, Secunderabad and then transferred to other outlets. These aren't just used for Biryani but also used for their other rice dishes and catering orders too.
Didnt know Paradise did outdoor catering as well.This is news.thanks.
Quote:

Ranjith, how does this compare to our very own Tsr Saphire Biryani ?
I am somehow not a big fan of Saphire,I like Aliya better,but at both places the quantities are miserly,Sagar at Calicut is also excellent as well.But the places IMHO these two places dont stand upto Paradise in terms of quantity and ofcourse the taste is vastly different.Malabar biriyani is greasier,ofcourse tastes heavenly as well,but its a different thing altogether,mainly due to the fact that the rice used is basmati in Hyderabadi while in the Malabar version the rice used is a Jeerakashala one(also known as kaima rice)which is an aromatic rice alright but smells different from the basmati.But yes both of them have their unique tastes and even the accompaniments are so vastly different,the Hyderabadi one comes with a Mirchi ka Saalan,while the Malabari one comes with a tadkaoed raitha,kerala pappads,a boiled egg inside(which one needs to dig into the rice to retrieve) and the quintessential lemon pickle.Yummy!

Time for foodies on this thread to head out to Kerala
Old 11th May 2012, 01:22   #4331
BHPian

guys once again i come here for help .,

kindly pass on some recommended restaurants for a birthday for my wife ,last time we did it at zafraan exotica , this time i am get some friends along, so do recommend., location will be nice if its in the radius of hitech city to banjara hills. thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 05:59   #4332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu
guys once again i come here for help .,

kindly pass on some recommended restaurants for a birthday for my wife ,last time we did it at zafraan exotica , this time i am get some friends along, so do recommend., location will be nice if its in the radius of hitech city to banjara hills. thanks
You have the usual suspects:barbecue nation,chinese pavilion,ohris serengity,bjn group in city centre,truffles(carry water ),mainland china in hitec-serves awesome chinese and their lunch buffet is excellent at 400pp,if you are ready to stretch it to begumpet theb you have ohris jiva imperio,sholay
Old 11th May 2012, 08:28   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
You have the usual suspects:barbecue nation,chinese pavilion,ohris serengity,bjn group in city centre,truffles(carry water ),mainland china in hitec-serves awesome chinese and their lunch buffet is excellent at 400pp,if you are ready to stretch it to begumpet theb you have ohris jiva imperio,sholay

To Add to the list, you can also try Our Place, It has a lovely ambiance and serves good food. If you are looking for veg then Liberty caterers (Supposed to be one of the best in hyd) have opened a outlet in Banjara Hills, I have not been there but heard that food is great.
Old 13th May 2012, 17:29   #4334
BHPian

Was out to the Mango Mela yesterday. Some awesome smelling mangoes were bought.should say lots of mangoes.

While on the way home wife said let's go to Kamat. Went in there. Everytime we go there, the chutneys (coconut, Ginger Garlic) and the Sambar taste just the same.

Well had Vada Sambar and MLA Pesarattu. One of the best south indian in city. My mom dad prefer Minerva overe anything, however Samabar @ Kamat for me tastes the best.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:21   #4335
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, the taste is no better than Tibbs Frankie and nowhere near Baba Chulha Rolls
Finally, one BC roll is good enough for your dinner and for some folks its a bit too much.
R.I.P. Baba Chullah

Buddy's is the new venture which has opened its door there.

Need to stake out the place and verify whether it just a change of management or the same with just a new name and higher prices.

Hi Gaurav, which Kamat did you visit? What were the prices like?

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 14th May 2012 at 15:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks