Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 22:37   #4396
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Chilli Cheese Garlic Bread from Grabz at Himayathnagar. Rs. 60 a plate and simply sinful. Spicy and loaded with cheese and excellent in taste

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012052400044.jpg

Home-made " Dahi Bhalle" which was had for dinner yesterday and today

This was as good as the best dahi bhalle in India, Natraj in Chandni Chowk. Perhaps, a wee bit lesser but, almost there.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012052300042.jpg
Old 25th May 2012, 14:54   #4397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
If you work in Madhapur/ Hi Tech city

Check out Asal dhaba.
Rs 40, you are served 2 maki ki roti's and one bowl of sarson ka saag.
Some onions and pickle extra.
A dash of butter on top of everything

Its quite nice.
Just had it for lunch.
I did not realize that almost 2.5 years have passed since I last ate here.

I suddenly felt a strong urge to go back. And boy am I glad I did that.

The place has changed a little. The old thatched enclosure is gone. Despite it being the peak of summer, I was not uncomfortable inside.
I had a Limited Thali for Rs 50.

It was served with phulkas, rice, daal, paneer butter masala and chole.
Also pickle and butter milk.

I also took a Mango Shake for Rs 20.

Everything tasted great. I completely enjoyed my lunch today.
Old 25th May 2012, 15:17   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Asal Dhaba
Directions to Asal Dhaba from the Cyber Towers Signal please.Found this as well,but again no address :(

The Hindu : Metro Plus Hyderabad / Food : A wholesome experience
Old 25th May 2012, 15:20   #4399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Directions to Asal Dhaba from the Cyber Towers Signal please.Found this as well,but again no address :(

The Hindu : Metro Plus Hyderabad / Food : A wholesome experience
Unknown road to Unknown road - Google Maps

Its adjacent to Nihal Dhabha.
Old 26th May 2012, 19:52   #4400
BHPian

Asal dhaba has a branch in the lane next to Nandini Cafe in Madhapur. They only have a buffet (limited and unlimited).
Old 26th May 2012, 23:33   #4401
BHPian

The not so creamy "Cream & Fudge" (Jubilee Hills)
The awesomeness of this place does not justify the gross arrogance of the staff. I have been a constant visitor to this joint. My wife and I really liked the flavours there. Owing to the slightly high prices, we often make avail of the offers on Times Deal. Being closer to the Gachibowli outlet we used to visit it with our deals. The staff there are very friendly and helpful. But the same cannot be said about the Jubilee Hills outlet. The staff there are by far the most arrogant, that I've ever come across. We went there today with our discount offer. The fine print mentioned that the deal was valid till 8pm. Unfortunately, due to other commitments we were late by an fifteen - twenty minutes. The attender refused to give us the deal. He was utterly rude and disrespectful too. He took our coupon inside and then came back and told us that the system did not accept this deal. But since, we were bound by the terms printed on the coupon, we did not stay back to argue with him. I then drove to the Gachibowli outlet and their system "magically" accepted the coupon and yes, ultimately I did eat the "golden mango". But I was really put off by the attitude of the staff in Jubilee Hills, just because I have a deal does not mean I have come to eat for free. They need to be given a lesson or two in customer service.
Old 28th May 2012, 13:10   #4402
BHPian

snapdeal has a coupon for mozzarella buffet , worth it or shall i give it a pass?
Old 28th May 2012, 13:34   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
snapdeal has a coupon for mozzarella buffet , worth it or shall i give it a pass?
I assume you are talking of a weekday lunch buffet.

I found (through the feedback by my wife and of her 20 odd friends who ate there) that it is absolutely worth it.

At that time the price was 219 (I think now it is 239).

We had got the menu modified by asking them to add a few more n/v and some veg starters, a drink (unlimited cola plus 1 welcome mocktail) and some more stuff in mains and desserts and the price was negotiated at 275 all inclusive per head.

The service was amazing, there was no hesitation by the staff to keep the glasses topped up with colas, the starters were very tasty and well made. All in all, all the ladies enjoyed themselves and many of them took the manager's number with a promise to host their kitty party there.
Old 28th May 2012, 15:00   #4404
BHPian

Home delivery from Over the flames:-

Time consuming ,took 1.5 hrs to get my grub delivered home yesterday evening.(i live in madhapur)

The numbers listed on the leaflet are always busy

In the end i had to dig out the delivery boy's number and ask him to remind paresh (the owner) that i cannot wait for my food for ages.

Saving grace which will always earn my loyalties to this place is the food.
Old 29th May 2012, 19:32   #4405
BHPian

Last week I was in Hyd with family and got to check out a few places that were mentioned in this thread. I am a Hyderabadi living in Bangalore for the past one year and often come home and try to savor the good food we have here . We are in Chandanagar and frequent places around Madhapur and Gachibowli.

On our arrival the first day we headed to Southern Mirchi near nagarjuna circle based on good reviews here. We ordered the following:
* Fish fry
* Appam with coconut milk (for the kid)
* Corn soup
* Chicken Dum Biryani
* Mutton Biryani
* Kurbani ka meeta
* Carrot halwa

We were four of us plus one kid. The fish fry (korameenu) was yummy and well liked by all. The mutton biryani was excellent with the meat tender and cooked perfect. The chicken biryani was a downer, the meat pieces were too big and not quite flavorful and the biryani was low on salt too. The kurbani ka meeta though was fantastic and disappeared quickly. The carrot halwa wasn't fresh and we didn't finish it. Our kid enjoyed her appam and didn't leave any. Overall a nice place and we will be back for more.

The next night it was a birthday in the family and ordered cake from C-Factor in Madhapur. It was expensive and we didn't feel it was worth the price. We have to try out another cake shop next time. We ordered takeout from Swagath in Chandanagar for dinner. The food was quite good, the boneless chicken biryani was simple and tasty. The bread and curries were fine. No leftovers, everything was had so a good sign and is quite close to home.

On Friday night we headed to OTF in Gachibowli and ordered the following:
* Tomato carrot soup
* Thyme scented chicken
* Lamb starter
* OTF special pizza
* Grilled paprika chicken pizza

The soup and chicken starter were delicious and disappeared quickly. The lamb starter though cooked well was not relished by anyone, will skip lamb next time. The pizzas were served hot and were great. We were full and couldn't try the cheese cake or the pasta. Will go back again.

On saturday evening on the way to kachiguda station we stopped at Deccan Spice near the station and tried the chicken boneless biryani. The rice was spicy (a little too much for me) and done well but the meat was not great. I have to try another dish next time I am in this area or perhaps another place in kachiguda for train dinner takeouts.
Old 29th May 2012, 23:24   #4406
BHPian

Has anyone tried the site Ramnee.com ( link : Restaurants in Hyderabad, Order Food Online, Reviews, Table Booking, Party Order, Food Delivery, Menu, Banquet Halls) . They offer home deliveries from all major restaurants in Hyderabad. You can choose the food and pay online from the conveniences of your home. Also they offer discount deals and 'book your table' facility. Sounds Interesting ?

Now here is the sad part. I have never been able to do anything on this site, neither ordering for home delivery nor table reservation. It always displays the same message that, "Restaurants are unable to take order for this date at this time ". Is it just me or does this site NOT work at all.

On the flip side, they have detailed Menus of most restaurants with prices. Its far more detailed than Zomato, but I'm not sure if it is an updated price list. So atleast you can get a decent idea of the prices if you decide to visit any of these places

If anyone is able to use this site successfully, please do update their experience.
Old 30th May 2012, 10:08   #4407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Has anyone tried the site Ramnee.com ( link : Restaurants in Hyderabad, Order Food Online, Reviews, Table Booking, Party Order, Food Delivery, Menu, Banquet Halls) . They offer home deliveries from all major restaurants in Hyderabad. You can choose the food and pay online from the conveniences of your home. Also they offer discount deals and 'book your table' facility. Sounds Interesting ?

Now here is the sad part. I have never been able to do anything on this site, neither ordering for home delivery nor table reservation. It always displays the same message that, "Restaurants are unable to take order for this date at this time ". Is it just me or does this site NOT work at all.

On the flip side, they have detailed Menus of most restaurants with prices. Its far more detailed than Zomato, but I'm not sure if it is an updated price list. So atleast you can get a decent idea of the prices if you decide to visit any of these places

If anyone is able to use this site successfully, please do update their experience.
I really do not have much idea about their home delivery thing as I never used it.
However, about the discount deals:
Don't go in for it. All these aren't offering what they promised. I was a member of Ramnee and used it at a number of outlets but many outlets do not honour it. I once lambasted the Manager of Ramnee, when one of the outlets refused to accept Ramnee Discount Card. He personally visited me at home and apologized for what went wrong and gave me his personal number, which I could call any time 24x7. However, I got my membership for Rs.200/- and used it the second day I took it, when I visited Sia with my family. Got a flat 20% Discount on the bill of 6000/-. We got a discount of 1200/- and it turned out worth while. Post that, many outlets refused to accept it and that's when I dumped it.

Last edited by traveloholic : 30th May 2012 at 10:12.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:03   #4408
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday evening, we decided to eat a simple and sparse meal of Button Idly at Minerva Coffee Shop, Himayathnagar and due to bad will-power turned out to be one of the heaviest meal in recent time

We reached at 8:00pm and I couldnt beielve my eyes to see a waiting of 30 minutes on a weekday. At this rate, cooking at home will be a thing of past in near future.

We took our place and wifey got tempted by folks on next table having thali. She said, "shall we too?" Such questions should not be asked in the first place. Ordered 2 South Indian Thali's at Rs. 125 + 14.5% tax per thali

Soup
Pooris
4 Curries
Sambhar,Rasam and Dal
Curd (It was thick and sweet; awesome)
Gunpower, 2 types of chutney which were out of this world
Dal ka Halwa dripping in ghee

Normally, in a thali only one curry is good and rest are some unknown vegetables. But, here each and every item was a known vegetable and was delicious.

We just couldnt stop ourselves and ate to heart's content leaving all diet fads way behind. Apart from chinese food, thali is one of my favorite comfort food

Enjoyed it throughly !!!
Old 1st June 2012, 16:11   #4409
BHPian

Deli 9
Junction of Road No. 1 & 10, Opposite Angeethi

They are advertising combos starting from Rs 100 onwards in the newspapers hence decided to give the deal a try so went for lunch yesterday.

Rs 100 gets one a veg quiche + pepsi
Rs 110 gets one a n/v quiche + pepsi

The prices do not include 5% Service Charge & 14.5% VAT which are added on in the bill.

The next on offer was a salad or a burger or a sandwich with pepsi. Veg was priced at 145++ while N/V was for 175++. One cannot choose any salad or any burger or any sandwich, they had only one of each. We ordered one N/V burger and one N/V sandwich, both of which came with a can of pepsi each which set us back by Rs 421.

The place was deserted except for a lady and a chef who were arguing with each other and that was the background music for us throughout our lunch. I did hear the lady mention a name "Maya" again and again. Since I spent the whole time, while eating, talking to Downsouth on the phone, the background music did not really irritate me though my son has told me he does not wish to ever enter that place again.

All in all, okay food.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20120531-13.36.26.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20120531-13.51.34.jpg
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:30   #4410
Senior - BHPian

A few of Team Bhpians headed today for Breakfast at Shadab,which was a treat.
We ordered :
- Veg Lukmi
- Paya
- Sheermal
- Khichdi
- Bheja Fry
- Kheema Fry
- Irani Chai
Total Damages : Rs.480 including tip.
Totally enjoyed the BF and the Irani chai with double toned milk was a bliss.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-shadab-meet-001.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-shadab-meet-002.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-shadab-meet-005.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-shadab-meet-003.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 2nd June 2012 at 09:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks