Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 10:55   #4786
Team-BHP Support

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Sarvi Biryani Takeaway from Banjara Hills opposite Care Hospital.

Check out the special mutton biryani at Rs 180 a pack.

Lots on masala and a lot of meat.
A little of the hot side. But very good biryani.

One pack is good for 3-4 normal adults.

Last edited by bblost : 10th August 2012 at 10:58.
Old 10th August 2012, 11:14   #4787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
He has chosen to visit Hyderabad during Ramzan season (Aug 10 to 15th) and explore the food available during this time. Hopefully I'll get his suggestions/feedback as well, by the time I reach Hyderabad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Please post a link of his food experience at Hyderabad.
Just a url that might help to know about the person http://madhumenonphoto.com/ (though Shiok did not last long and not sure why though)
Old 10th August 2012, 12:09   #4788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Just a url that might help to know about the person Madhu Menon - Food Photographer and Stylist in Bangalore - Restaurants, Cafes, Magazines (though Shiok did not last long and not sure why though)
His regular blogging site is at madmanweb.com. He should be blogging his experiences there and on his twitter account (@madmanweb).
Old 10th August 2012, 23:33   #4789
BHPian

Quote:
Had mutton curry and mutton fry from Kakatiya mess for lunch yesterday. As usual, excellent. Had leftovers for dinner. KDM rocks.
Could someone please lead me there. The directions on Google map look a bit confusing. As per the google map appended in Zomato, it shows a KDM as well as a KM. Are there two ? Im coming from Kukatpally side, so shouldn't I take the left that leads to Begumpet and then take the first right ?
Old 11th August 2012, 06:33   #4790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Could someone please lead me there. The directions on Google map look a bit confusing. As per the google map appended in Zomato, it shows a KDM as well as a KM. Are there two ? Im coming from Kukatpally side, so shouldn't I take the left that leads to Begumpet and then take the first right ?
Hi Ajay,

Long time no see. Lets meet sometimes, maybe at KDM.

KM (Kakatiya Mess) is the common name but technically it is KDM (Kakatiya Delux Mess).

Exact Location on map (zoom out for more clearer idea) : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?daddr...p=1&sz=19&z=19

The Dining Hall is in the basement of the building on the left side of Point B on the map marked Kakatiya Mess.

The Take-Away counter is a small door on the ground floor where Kapil's Garments is marked on the map.

Turn left after Point B and park opposite Dwarka as this is the official and legal parking and costs 10/-. You can see 2 cars parked on the map.

Be prepared for some waiting if dining there.

Do not turn left for Begumpet and then right (that lane is good for two wheelers and may not be visible). Continue straight towards Big Bazar, Hyderabad Central, etc. and turn left just after JC Brothers (marked Jeans Corner on the map) as this lane is decent sized and visible.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 11th August 2012 at 06:37.
Old 11th August 2012, 23:23   #4791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hi Ajay,

Long time no see. Lets meet sometimes, maybe at KDM.
Bajaj Saar.. thank you for the directions. I just got back from KDM. Meals, Fish curry and Kakatya Chicken Fry. I loved it..and more than that I regret all that extra money I spent at Rayalseema Ruchilu earlier. Thank you all..KDM rocks.
Old 12th August 2012, 19:36   #4792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Bajaj Saar.. thank you for the directions. I just got back from KDM. Meals, Fish curry and Kakatya Chicken Fry. I loved it..and more than that I regret all that extra money I spent at Rayalseema Ruchilu earlier. Thank you all..KDM rocks.
Nice to know you enjoyed your meal at KDM. It undoubtedly is the most VFM for lovely non-vegterian food in Hyderabad. But, I must say that you havent even tried their best items.

Mutton Fry, Mutton Curry and their Prawn Fry are the star dishes and I personally felt their chicken fry's are good not outstanding like their mutton dishes.

Got take-away today for lunch

Mutton Fry. This was as usual outstanding

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012081200006.jpg

Chicken Curry. This was very good but, not as good as mutton fry

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012081200007.jpg
Old 13th August 2012, 16:29   #4793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
But, I must say that you havent even tried their best items.

Mutton Fry, Mutton Curry and their Prawn Fry are the star dishes and I personally felt their chicken fry's are good not outstanding like their mutton dishes.
Agree 100% with you. Mutton fry, mutton curry, prawn fry and kheema fry, in that order, are the best at KDM.

autotranny: Try these dishes next time you visit KDM. I stopped going to fancy places like RR long time ago.

Another place you can try if you are in that part of town is Indu restaurant near Assembly (opp New Astoria). The thaali with kheema fry is super.
Old 14th August 2012, 15:59   #4794
BHPian

A friend of mine is in town from US and wanted to revisit out post-college days for lunch. Took him to KDM for thaali meals and mutton fry. He just could not believe that KDM serves such tasty thaali for just 60 bucks. He later told me I should not have ordered the mutton fry as the veg curries / daal / rasam were so tasty he was confused whether he should eat the veggies or the tastier mutton fry.

I being a veggie for another 2 days (The sravana month ends on Thursday) thoroughly enjoyed the yummy veg food though I did crave for the mutton.

This Friday I am going to binge on KDM mutton curry and fry.

Last edited by NoRules : 14th August 2012 at 16:09.
Old 14th August 2012, 21:26   #4795
BHPian

Quote:
If its Friday night, then may be we will cross paths. I was planning to buy dinner from there. Need to try the kheema and prawns.

I would like to come down there more often, but driving down from Miyapur for just this doesn't make too much economic sense.
Old 15th August 2012, 09:57   #4796
BHPian

Quote:
You not going to the Old City for the last of this year's Haleem Meet?

BTW, saw a banner at Pizza Hut on Raj Bhawan Road announcing unlimited pizza @ 199/- as Iftar Special. However, what I could not comprehend is how come it was overflowing with people at 6:00pm itself when the Iftar timing was 6:49pm yesterday as per the newspaper?

Paradise will soon open another branch, this time, next to Imax. Read a classified advertisement, in The Deccan Chronicle of today, inserted by them looking for staff.

Unlimited buffet breakfast at Bikanervala is back with an offer of 129/- instead of the usual 199/- through Deals & You and the offer is valid till 20-Sep-2012. Just for today, the 129/- is slashed to 110/35 or so. Even without this today's special, it is a real VFM for those who love eating a hearty breakfast as one recovers the money just through the chole-bhature itself. Traveloholic, interested on some weekend?
Old 15th August 2012, 12:04   #4797
BHPian

Planning to take my wife to a VFM restaurant next monday (Ramzan day). I stay far away from Secunderabad and not sure about the routes and spots you people post.

As of now Barbeque Nation is lingering my mind, since I have been to it in Chennai and loved it. Is this ok or you people gonna recommend some thing else? On a side note, we are poor eaters. Prefer non-veg and the place should be decent.
Old 15th August 2012, 17:36   #4798
BHPian

Quote:
Unlimited buffet breakfast at Bikanervala is back with an offer of 129/- instead of the usual 199/- through Deals & You and the offer is valid till 20-Sep-2012. Just for today, the 129/- is slashed to 110/35 or so. Even without this today's special, it is a real VFM for those who love eating a hearty breakfast as one recovers the money just through the chole-bhature itself. Traveloholic, interested on some weekend?
The fine print states that the voucher cannot be redeemed on weekends and public holidays. FYI just in case you didn't notice.

I too have been wanting to try out the breakfast buffet there. Now since I have a Sun-Mon weekly off, might go on a Monday morning. Let me see.
Old 15th August 2012, 19:10   #4799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
You not going to the Old City for the last of this year's Haleem Meet?
I did not know there was a Haleem meet on Friday. Will check the meet thread.
Old 16th August 2012, 11:42   #4800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, saw a banner at Pizza Hut on Raj Bhawan Road announcing unlimited pizza @ 199/- as Iftar Special. However, what I could not comprehend is how come it was overflowing with people at 6:00pm itself when the Iftar timing was 6:49pm yesterday as per the newspaper?
Its just plain simple Marketing/ Advertising.

I have seen this offer being made since 2008 (or was it 2009) onwards.

Not feasible for 99% of those who are fasting. There is simply no time to eat a big meal between breaking the fast and the Tarawih prayers.

But its a good offer for everyone else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks