Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 19:57   #4906
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
Let me first sample the lunchtime fare and if its just as good, I can play host to a few people at my office, will get the biryani from Prince! We have a decent sized conference room, 6-7 folks who want to try, come on over
This reminds me of the good old days at Deloitte. Here's what happened. We had a group of about 8-10, who used to have lunch together. Come friday and we used to take turns in getting something good to office for lunch. It was my turn, the week before that someone got Mutton Biryani from a very famous place in Secunderabad, whose name I would not take for the fear of getting banished from here. This week it was my turn, took Chicken Biryani parcel from Prince and had everyone licking their fingers off having the Biryani. The last question everyone asked was "Where did you get this Biryani from?".
Old 12th September 2012, 21:21   #4907
BHPian

After reading all your Biryani tales, let me put in my thoughts too. The best Veg Biryani I have eaten is at Bawarchi. There are days when I haven't liked the biryani at all, but more often than not, it has been great. I have driven good portion of 30 KM to eat it. Other than the taste and flavor, I like the veggies that they put in and half cooked tomatoes in the biryani. At most of the places, the veggies just don't go along the rice at all, they just look out of place.
Old 13th September 2012, 15:23   #4908
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night went to "Green Park" for midnight buffet. We were 3 of us and it was an enjoyable experience.

Dishes in the buffet :-

Paya : Excellent. I just had the soup while i could see others enjoying the other contents of the paya

Haleem : Legendary. 2 bowls sapped my entire appetite

Kheema Dosa, Kheema Paratha : Both were just average

Chicken Biryani : Very Good

Mutton Biryani : Good but, i found the biryani little salty. Not sure maybe because i have consicouly reduced my salt intake from more than a year. But, i complaint to the manager and he immediately asked the chef to taste

Chicken Curry : Tasted. It was good but, found it slightly sweet

Btw, they dont serve breads/rotis etc. Pretty strange.

Dessert ( Standar Fare as always)

Double Ka Meetha : Excellent
2 Icecreams : Usual stuff
Jelly : I love jellys so enjoyed it

Price : Rs.406 Nett/Per Head. Each year they are increasing it by about Rs.30 or so but, still it was jam-packed
Old 13th September 2012, 15:53   #4909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last night went to "Green Park" for midnight buffet.

Price : Rs.406 Nett/Per Head. Each year they are increasing it by about Rs.30 or so but, still it was jam-packed
1) What time did you reach there?

2) Was the buffet served at the Coffee Shop or the Restaurant?

They normally open the doors at 11:40pm and the way the crowd enters the venue makes one feel that being at Churchgate Station at peak time for a local train is a walk in the park. However, till they open the doors, the same crowd is in the lobby which turns into a horror.

Normally, they serve the buffet at The Coffee Shop from Sun to Thu. And at The Restaurant on Fri & Sat which accommodates three times more people than the Coffee Shop.
Old 13th September 2012, 16:21   #4910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1) What time did you reach there?

2) Was the buffet served at the Coffee Shop or the Restaurant?
We reached there at 11:30pm and spent some time at Mustang and then moved to Tulips Coffee Shop around 12:30am for the buffet.

When we reached Tulips was empty.

I dont think they serve weekend buffet at their restuarant. If they do then the price is definetly higher than regular buffet. I only see the restuarant used for buffet during special buffet festivals.

P.S: Btw, met the owner of Tezz Chicken of Himayathnagar at Mustang and we got talking. He promised to send me a family pack tonight. Lets see if he was talking or someone else forced him to make me that promise

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th September 2012 at 16:23.
Old 13th September 2012, 16:54   #4911
Senior - BHPian

As per one news article I read sometime back, McDees will write calorie content along side each item on their menu. So you know how much you are consuming. This is a government law aimed at fighting obesity.

I hope Indian FDA also implements this as India is also going the USA route.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:30   #4912
Senior - BHPian

Kailash Parbat opens in Hyderabad:Excellent Sindhi fare

For all veg food lovers,Kailash Parbat(the famed Mumbai chain)has opened at Jubilee Hills.I guess they already have a counter at inorbit.

We dropped by the place for dinner yesterday.

Location:Road No 36,Jubilee Hills.I cant exactly pinpoint the location,but its one of those newly constructed business buildings onto your right when you go towards Hitec City.The same building which houses Ebony Gautier Furnishings.The place is on the second floor.Boards are strategically placed and you cant miss it.

Food was yummy.KP has a dedicated Sindhi vegetarian menu on offer as well and we loved it.Chaats were excellent as well,but pricey as expected.A plate of big size dahi puris(8 in number iirc)cost us about 90rs.Rotis are priced at INR 30,there is also a Sindhi roti on offer which is quite similar to a roomali roti.We wanted the Sai bhaaji(Palak cooked in Sindhi masala) but as luck would have it,they had run out of it by then,we then ordered a paneer cooked in sindhi masala(i cant recollect the name) and it was divine.We also ordered a plate of ragda pattice and chole bhature.Gravy quantity was sufficient for 2 people.

Overall we ran up a bill of INR 670(3 rotis+Chole Bhature+2 Plates of Chaat+1 Gravy) for 3 people(inclusive of a 14.5 VAT and a 5% service charge)

Ambience was nice but since it was their 2nd day,there were teething problems with order management something which the taste of the dishes forced me to overlook!

Place was moderately crowded,something which I expect to increase with time as word gets around about the place.Overall the taste was impeccable,but the order management definitely needs to improve soon which I assume would, since I saw the owner-the younger Mulchandani's presence in the kitchen and in the restaurant-a good sign that they are serious.

Overall we would definitely go back for the Sindhi fare on offer which is very thorough and tasty apart from the usual roti-naan-subzi routine.On the chaats,the ragda pattice was yummy so was the dahi puri.Chole Bhature was so-so.We ordered Gulab Jamun which was good,there is also rabdi on offer.

They have a lunch buffet iirc.

www.kailashparbatandheri.com

Interiors of the restaurant:

http://www.hybiz.tv/Inauguration-of-...-Parbat/168802

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 14th September 2012 at 13:33.
Old 17th September 2012, 19:14   #4913
BHPian

Hi all,

I am here on a purpose, Well me and my family are coming on a visit to Hyderabad and I am the official tour guide like always. Well my family group is of 10 people so can you please guide me to some good restaurants for lunch and dinner for 3 days. We will prefer authentic Hyderabad food and also a mix of others as long as it is good. Please suggest only places where its hygenic and not a lot of waiting. I know there are a lot of options present on this thread but me being the oversmart person waited till the day I am leaving so please a crash course on where to eat and what to eat in Hyderabad cause otherwise I am getting .

Edit: We will be staying in Kondapur,Hyderabad so please suggest only around a 20kms. radius.

Last edited by richie4u : 17th September 2012 at 19:16.
Old 17th September 2012, 19:42   #4914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi all,

I am here on a purpose, Well me and my family are coming on a visit to Hyderabad and I am the official tour guide like always. Well my family group is of 10 people so can you please guide me to some good restaurants for lunch and dinner for 3 days. We will prefer authentic Hyderabad food and also a mix of others as long as it is good. Please suggest only places where its hygenic and not a lot of waiting. I know there are a lot of options present on this thread but me being the oversmart person waited till the day I am leaving so please a crash course on where to eat and what to eat in Hyderabad cause otherwise I am getting .

Edit: We will be staying in Kondapur,Hyderabad so please suggest only around a 20kms. radius.
Kondapur is out of the main action areas in terms of food as well as distance from the city centre.

Must visit places IMO(everyone here has their own favourites so I am sure more would follow)

1.Paradise for their biryani(chicken and mutton,ask for double masala with mutton),Kubhani Ka Meetha and Double ka Meetha.There is a Paradise in Hitec City close to Kondapur but go to the original one mentioned in the map below.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=1&t=m&z=13

2.Southern Mirchi

For their Vegetarian authentic Andhra Thali and Chicken Pulao

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...ra=ls&t=m&z=13

3.Tolichowki with a large concentration of arabian restaurants

4.Any road corner Irani Cafe for their chai/lukmi/samosas etc.You would find them all over the city.Paradise too has a cafe section.Do not forget to try the Osmania biscuits in the cafes

5.Karachi Bakery is quite a hit with people in and outside of Hyderabad for their Tie Biscuits and Fruit Biscuits

6.A personal favourite when it comes to Chinese for me is Chinese Pavilion.Try the Bamboo rice,mushroom in schezwan,pot rice,in fact everything is excellent for me.

7.Not sure if Goa has Rajdhani if not,you could try the place for unlimited Gujarati/Rajasthani thalis(excellent place for people with a sweet tooth
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...ra=ls&t=m&z=13

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 17th September 2012 at 19:49.
Old 20th September 2012, 10:27   #4915
BHPian

Ohri's Ruci & Idoni
Road No. 10, Banjara Hills

1) Classic Lemonade (120/-) : 500 ml served in a glass jar without the lid (remember those glass jars in biology class in which specimens are stored).

2) Classic Lime Ice Tea (120/-) : Served in a real tall glass.

3) Basket of Fries / Wedges (90/-) : "Sorry Sir, we do not have wedges in stock today." Though I did not point out, what stopped them for buying them from Godrej's Nature Basket, the store which is exactly below the restaurant and serving it.

4) Ceaser's Classic Chicken Salad (165/-) : Pathetic.

5) Mixed Grill (345/-) : OK-OK. Nothing to rave about.

6) Cilantro Fish (310/-) : Just OK.

7) Lamb Chop Cutlet (285/-) : Nice but will not go back specially for this.

8) Baked Vegetable Florentine (265/-) : Just average.

Service Charge 10% and VAT 14.5% extra.

Average food at the restaurant and for similiar prices, there are many other alternatives like Via Milano, Truffles, etc. Since Truffles does not serve drinking water unless you pay for it, I think Via Milano remains the best bet.

However, it was crowded even at lunch time.
Old 20th September 2012, 13:20   #4916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ohri's Ruci & Idoni
Road No. 10, Banjara Hills

1) Classic Lemonade (120/-) : 500 ml served in a glass jar without the lid (remember those glass jars in biology class in which specimens are stored).

2) Classic Lime Ice Tea (120/-) : Served in a real tall glass.

3) Basket of Fries / Wedges (90/-) : "Sorry Sir, we do not have wedges in stock today." Though I did not point out, what stopped them for buying them from Godrej's Nature Basket, the store which is exactly below the restaurant and serving it.

4) Ceaser's Classic Chicken Salad (165/-) : Pathetic.

5) Mixed Grill (345/-) : OK-OK. Nothing to rave about.

6) Cilantro Fish (310/-) : Just OK.

7) Lamb Chop Cutlet (285/-) : Nice but will not go back specially for this.

8) Baked Vegetable Florentine (265/-) : Just average.
Are menus on Ipads?last time and the only time I was there they said "technical problem":P and then that long drawn email affair with their management on how great their group is etc etc.Ohris just seems to tick all the boxes when it comes to opening restaurants doesnt matter what is the quality that they are dealing with.On a personal note,I have decided to stay clear of all Ohris outlets,not one is worth the money.The final blow came last week when we were at our once upon a time favourite haunt of Pickles at Basera and food literally sucked and service-whats that?It all good making tall claims of how they run their show but walking the talk and talking the walk are two entirely different things
Old 20th September 2012, 15:22   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Are menus on Ipads?last time and the only time I was there they said "technical problem":P
No. It is a fairly huge two side printed menu card (must have been 18 inches X 12 inches) which was awkward to hold and read. Edit : you wrote "last and only", that means a free treat from them is still available to you.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 20th September 2012 at 15:23.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:29   #4918
Senior - BHPian

Any review of Grillz N Steaks here? I read on Zomato that the quality is going down. Any recent reviews here?

Howz Over The Flames these days?

Cheers
Old 21st September 2012, 14:35   #4919
BHPian

Went to Regenta last night in Gachibowli. Their Salsa Lounge is simply pathetic. The music was too too loud for us to talk even 2 feet away. Requested the DJ to reduce the volume twice, but to no avail. Simply walked out after an hour.

However the food tasted ok.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:37   #4920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Went to Regenta last night in Gachibowli. Their Salsa Lounge is simply pathetic. The music was too too loud for us to talk even 2 feet away. Requested the DJ to reduce the volume twice, but to no avail. Simply walked out after an hour.

However the food tasted ok.
I wonder how are they going to fill up all those rooms,Avasa too.Avasa dropped their rates to the region of 2500 some time back thanks to poor occupancy(well with a rack rate of INR 10K they really cant be hoping for much!)

Quote:
No. It is a fairly huge two side printed menu card (must have been 18 inches X 12 inches) which was awkward to hold and read. Edit : you wrote "last and only", that means a free treat from them is still available to you.
Haha yes that free lunch is still pending,though I am sure if I go and ask them for that they wouldnt bother now,because the reviews across the board are all bad!!How many people would they offer their free lunches to?

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 21st September 2012 at 14:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks