Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 09:03   #4951
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
78 deg East - Lost its charm long back. The taste of the food was amazing when it started. Food is just average these days and bad service. The ambience is good though. Buffet price range - Between 250-300, they offer 1 free buffet on every 10 buffet, works out as 10% discount. Please do call them before you go there.

Blue Orchid - Good food, pathetic service. Buffet price range 250-300 per person.

You might want to visit Swagath, decent food, average service.

PS. Do you work for the BPO giant in that area?
Ended up at Blue Orchid. The food is very very average. Went for a buffet @ 249 Rs
Started with a soup and it had the raw smell of the meat. The kebabs were ok. Fried rice was awful. Biryani was just rice. Just one sweet and one ice cream. Ignoring the food, the ambience was ok. Since a buffet, there were no service issues. But the men wander here and there and dont look at the needs of a table.

I am not from that area, we work in the warangal highway.

Next month beginning,. my son is celebrating his very first birthday. Need to order for the best of the best cakes. Any pointers on which bakery I should target. Anything before secunderabad RS or may be in Hyderabad. I stay beyond Uppal.
Old 6th October 2012, 09:38   #4952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Next month beginning,. my son is celebrating his very first birthday. Need to order for the best of the best cakes. Any pointers on which bakery I should target. Anything before secunderabad RS or may be in Hyderabad. I stay beyond Uppal.
Vacs in Trimulgherry is the best place to go to, Swiss Castle in Sindhi colony and 5th Avenue bakers in Sainikpuri are couple of more reliable places.
Old 6th October 2012, 12:30   #4953
BHPian

Quote:
Vacs in Trimulgherry is the best place to go to, Swiss Castle in Sindhi colony and 5th Avenue bakers in Sainikpuri are couple of more reliable places.
Thanks, but never heard of these place names. Are they interior in Hyderabad ?
Old 6th October 2012, 12:34   #4954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ended up at Blue Orchid. The food is very very average.
Been to Blue Orchid during last year Ganesh Immersion. I remember because of the important day. The ambience as you said is fabulous but, the food was above average. I mean nothing spectacular but, not too bad as well.

Will go again if i am in that area which is pretty rare

Quote:
Out of that 3. Vacs is the best

Its on Trimulghurerry Main Road. Opposite to McD's and Xtreme Sports Bar in a huge mall on the left if your going from Sec'bad Club.

No, these are not interior places but, the "main places of hyderabad"
Old 6th October 2012, 12:44   #4955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Vacs gets my vote as well.5th avenue is lousy now and downright dirty.Perfect example of what happens when money goes to people's heads I guess.Vacs have hiked up their rates with a kilo of bday cake now in the range of 600INR.

You could also try Labonel in Banjara Hills www.labonel.net
Old 6th October 2012, 16:29   #4956
BHPian

Had lunch at Indu Restaurant, near Assembly. Meals @ 115/- and mutton fry @150/-. While the food was decent, it was nowhere near compared to the taste of Kakatiya Mess or Sairam Mess. And cost wise it is pretty expensive (115/-) compared to KDM (60/-) and SRM (55/-?).
Old 6th October 2012, 19:33   #4957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Had lunch at Indu Restaurant, near Assembly
Where exactly?

Waseem aka Silverwood from Bangalore finally managed to get to taste KDM Mutton Fry. Let us await his feedback!!!
Old 6th October 2012, 21:57   #4958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Where exactly?
This is just after you cross Pakwaan/Kaamat at Lakdikapul/Saifabad. This is before Thomas Cook's outlet there. Other good pointer would be diagonally opposite to Astoria on that Road.
Old 7th October 2012, 00:52   #4959
BHPian

Went to Truffles Cafe for dinner, last Sunday with my wife.

The place was surprisingly empty even on a Sunday night; if I remember correctly there were just three other tables occupied, apart from us, the whole time. I was impressed with the simple but well laid out interior.

what we ordered

1. Starters - Fish and chips - Rs 250/- (three fillets of fish with very nice'n'crunchy french fries and ketchup dip)

2. Mocktails - Green mango crush and Purple Haze - forgot the price. (The Green mango crush was very nice with jaljeera taste)

3. Farfalle Alfredo with Chicken add on - Rs 300 - (good quantity, pasta was al dente and cooked to perfection)

4. Pork Vindaloo with flat bread - Rs 250 ( 4 decent sized bread pieces , one of the best Vindaloos I have eaten outside Goa)

total damage - Rs 1300.

Overall a very happy dinner. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants some decent Mediterranean food and quite close to Hitech city.

NB - Ranjit and Bajaj sir : I forgot to check if they have started serving free drinking water.

Last edited by autotranny : 7th October 2012 at 00:53.
Old 7th October 2012, 11:48   #4960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Had lunch at Indu Restaurant, near Assembly. Meals @ 115/- and mutton fry @150/-. While the food was decent, it was nowhere near compared to the taste of Kakatiya Mess or Sairam Mess. And cost wise it is pretty expensive (115/-) compared to KDM (60/-) and SRM (55/-?).
+1

I had taken-away mutton fry and chicken curry on a couple of occassions as it was suggested by one of the oldest member aadix to be a good place for NV items

However, I too found it just average and never ventured there again after a couple of flings with it.
Old 7th October 2012, 22:31   #4961
Senior - BHPian

I have been a fan of Vacs since many years and frequented their Kharkhana outlet from my Satyam days.
Today took a ride to the Vacs outlet in Jubilee Hills and found an excellent spread of snacks,Breads,pastries.Surprisingly the pricing was very reasonable given the fact that the outlet is located in the prime residential area of Hyderabad.
The outlet was neat and tidy and had a good eat in place.They even had Aqua guard water dispenser with disposable glasses,so that we dont get fleeced and coaxed into buying mineral water bottles.
We ordered and gobbled there itself :
Onion Bun(2) - 35.00
Veg Dizzy Dog - 45.00
Chicken Quiche - 35.00
Chocolate Mud Cake - 50.00 (totally sinful)
Mocha Pastry - 50.00

We carried home:
A box of Shrewsbury Biscuits - 50.00
A packet of Soup Sticks - 35.00
1 Loaf of Garlic Bread - 25.00
1 Loaf of Milk Bread - 20.00
1 Box of Cheese Croissants(3 nos)- 35.00

It was day a la patisserie !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00004201210071921.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 7th October 2012 at 22:34.
Old 8th October 2012, 12:16   #4962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Been to Blue Orchid during last year Ganesh Immersion. I remember because of the important day. The ambience as you said is fabulous but, the food was above average. I mean nothing spectacular but, not too bad as well.

Will go again if i am in that area which is pretty rare

Out of that 3. Vacs is the best

Its on Trimulghurerry Main Road. Opposite to McD's and Xtreme Sports Bar in a huge mall on the left if your going from Sec'bad Club.

No, these are not interior places but, the "main places of hyderabad"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Vacs gets my vote as well.5th avenue is lousy now and downright dirty.Perfect example of what happens when money goes to people's heads I guess.Vacs have hiked up their rates with a kilo of bday cake now in the range of 600INR.

You could also try Labonel in Banjara Hills www.labonel.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I have been a fan of Vacs since many years and frequented their Kharkhana outlet from my Satyam days.
Today took a ride to the Vacs outlet in Jubilee Hills and found an excellent spread of snacks,Breads,pastries.Surprisingly the pricing was very reasonable given the fact that the outlet is located in the prime residential area of Hyderabad.
The outlet was neat and tidy and had a good eat in place.They even had Aqua guard water dispenser with disposable glasses,so that we dont get fleeced and coaxed into buying mineral water bottles.
We ordered and gobbled there itself :
Onion Bun(2) - 35.00
Veg Dizzy Dog - 45.00
Chicken Quiche - 35.00
Chocolate Mud Cake - 50.00 (totally sinful)
Mocha Pastry - 50.00

We carried home:
A box of Shrewsbury Biscuits - 50.00
A packet of Soup Sticks - 35.00
1 Loaf of Garlic Bread - 25.00
1 Loaf of Milk Bread - 20.00
1 Box of Cheese Croissants(3 nos)- 35.00

It was day a la patisserie !!!!
Vacs should be a good deal I believe. But for me its around 45KM one way from my home. Any other options near or before Secunderabad RS. If nothing, then dont mind travelling that long.
Old 8th October 2012, 12:56   #4963
BHPian

Quote:
Vacs should be a good deal I believe. But for me its around 45KM one way from my home. Any other options near or before Secunderabad RS. If nothing, then dont mind travelling that long.
I hope you are not confused between the 2 outlets of VACS. One is in Trimulgherry and the other(new) is in Jubilee Hills. The one in Trimulgherry is about 3 kms from Patni and 12 kms from Uppal ring road.

King Horn in Habsiguda can also be tried. IMO, a lil hyped place. Owner is not very customer centric, you will have to rely on the boys showing/packing the cake. Been tasting birthday cakes from there for 5 years now (10-12 cakes every year). I personally do not like he taste (could be that I am bored of eating them repeatedly)

If you are coming from Uppal, take a U-turn from the IOC petrol bunk before Habsiguda cross roads. After the U-turn, keep left and drive for a couple of 100 metres, you will pass 78 degrees just before you reach Kinghorn.

Trust me, driving down till Trimulgherry is worth it. BTW you can stop by King Horn and check if you want.
Old 14th October 2012, 10:23   #4964
BHPian

Hello Nawabs of Hyderabad,
Great to see fellow Hyderabadis talk about the food.
I am from Hyderabad and recently moved to US, already missing Hydbadi food, especially the Biryani.
Its been months since I ate something absolutely spicy
From now onwards, I will savour on the pictures of any food you will post

Also, is there any thread where Hydbadi's hang out ?
Just wanted to know the happenings there from that thread.
Also, I am newbie here.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:11   #4965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg220 View Post
Also, is there any thread where Hydbadi's hang out ? Just wanted to know the happenings there from that thread.
Welcome to Team-BHP. You came to the right thread. This is one of the most popular threads for Hydeez and another being the meet thread :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2932956

These two threads can give you ample info of whats happening in Hyderabad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Last evening went to Paradise at Prasadz complex. I must confess i was impressed with almost everything. They opened at a strategic location. I could see many people get out of gate of Prasads and enter the gate of Paradise

Nice decor and very spacious with lots of room between each table

Restuarant is circular in construction and looks great from the parking lot

We just ordered one Mutton Biryani with double masala

Biryani came quickly and was super hot and loaded with hearty masalas

The meat was as usual soft, succelent and melt from the bone types. I am yet to come across anyone in hyderabad who can make the meat melt from the bone like they do

Rice was slightly softer than usual. Maybe taken off before it was cooked completely??

Quantity was little lesser than their Secunderabad outlet. Me and wifey usually are content by 1/2 biryani but, here we were not

Price : Rs. 220 AI

Summary : Paradise Biryani is still and will continue to be the BEST biryani in Hyderabad.

Paradise Trivia
700 waiters at Secunderabad hotel and 150 waiters at Prasadz outlet. Since they are so many, the waiters tote "numbers" instead of names on their name plate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks