Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 16:11   #5086
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Planning a visit to Hadippa today evening as wifey's been wanting to go there for a long time as she is a north indian food lover and never been there before.

What are the must snack items and curry to go with rotis?

No rice recommendation please, as i may end up ordering that as well
Old 13th December 2012, 16:21   #5087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Planning a visit to Hadippa today evening as wifey's been wanting to go there for a long time as she is a north indian food lover and never been there before.

What are the must snack items and curry to go with rotis?

No rice recommendation please, as i may end up ordering that as well
I hope they have new chairs,the place is cleaned up more often,and that they have devised a way to keep the restaurant smelling nice.We stopped going there because of these three factors!Else one look below the table and you know what the previous guest has eaten
Old 14th December 2012, 10:06   #5088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Chilly's (Raj Comfort inn) is a good option, centrally located but parking is a problem here.The food here is very good.
Thanks Waseem. Ruled out because of Parking issues. Agree, the food's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You could check out the new place Purple Leaf at Karkhana (the old Satyam office).You could speak to the GM Murthy there.Solitaire food I found to be claustrophobic and cramped ofcourse my observations are of the restaurant.
Thanks Ranjit. It is in consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Banquet hall of Hotel Minerva Grand on SD Road. Parking is not an issue. I think it belongs to the Minerva Coffee Shop, Blue Fox, Palace Heights, etc., group. No idea about price but price depends on menu and dishes.
Thanks Bajaj Saab. Pricing can sour the deal. Yet to talk to them.

Quote:
Have been to every restuarant except 78 Degrees which is owned by a friend.

Chilly's : Good veg food but, small place

Parivar ECIL : This is a nice place. Been to a few family functions here. I think you should select this one or Swagath

Swagath : It's a nice place and decent food. Been to a few family functions here.
Thanks Avinash. Swagath, Habsiguda is not available on the day we want. The one in ECIL is being considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
chilliy's has been taken over by Swagath and they have also opened banquet hall next to parivar ,parking at all these places is an issue .Food is better at swagath while parivar is little more expensive .
Thanks Arjun, Swagath might just win the deal if parking issue is taken care of.

Apart from the above, ESCA in Habsiguda is being thought over. Never heard of it till yesterday. A lil expensive though.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:18   #5089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Apart from the above, ESCA in Habsiguda is being thought over. Never heard of it till yesterday. A lil expensive though.
You can also look at Ohri's Basera, Decent parking good food and not that expensive.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:30   #5090
BHPian

Re: Cream Centre-Jubilee Hills-Wouldnt go back

Quote:
Cream Centre is opening officially
-Way too expensive.
-Ambience does not exist
-The washroom is terribly placed,opening bang onto a table
-Way too cluttered,reminded me of a classroom with tables n chairs cramped in.
-Valet does not know how to park,so dont risk giving your car to him.etc available.The owners(atleast thats what the impression given out was that they were the owners) were sitting in the adjacent tables and watching television
Agree to the above.

The saving grace was obviously the chola bathura.(perfect)

The place was pretty empty and we were the only ones there for lunch today.(considering friday most of the office folks love to eat out in and around hi-tec city)

In my rare outings for eating veg food this one scores below kailash parbhat.

RR

P.S:- Total bill for 3 of us was INR 1000/-(3-Chola Bathura/Cold Coffee/Sweet Lassi/Masala Chaas/Water Bottle)
Old 14th December 2012, 14:34   #5091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Agree to the above.

The place was pretty empty and we were the only ones there for lunch today.(considering friday most of the office folks love to eat out in and around hi-tec city)

In my rare outings for eating veg food this one scores below kailash parbhat.

RR

P.S:- Total bill for 3 of us was INR 1000/-(3-Chola Bathura/Cold Coffee/Sweet Lassi/Masala Chaas/Water Bottle)
And what a lousy way to price the Chole and the Bathura separately which means more income and profits for the restaurant.How much more are we- the paying public going to be fleeced I wonder!Unless they wake up and smell the roses,this place is going to close pretty soon and the owners have big plans of opening more outlets in Hyd and in VJA and Vizag!

I dont think there is a better veg buffet in town today than KP's buffet.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:29   #5092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And what a lousy way to price the Chole and the Bathura separately which means more income and profits for the restaurant.
The Chole-Batura are priced separately in all the CC outlets in India.This holds good for their falgship outlet at chowpatty as well.

These new outlets are not company owned, they are franchised.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:31   #5093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Iam not sure if you ever had Chole Bathura at Havemore (Ohris) at Basheerbagh which they serve with vinegar based onions. I find that as the best chole bathura in entire country. Didnt even find a better one in Delhi

Quote:
I hope they have new chairs,the place is cleaned up more often,and that they have devised a way to keep the restaurant smelling nice.We stopped going there because of these three factors!Else one look below the table and you know what the previous guest has eaten
Visited " Hadippa" last evening. We had already made our our mind to go despite this negative feedback and thankfully Bajaj saab pinged that there is a deal on Snapdeal for dinner buffet which is applicable from Mon-thur

Firstly, let me address the cleaniness. It was spic and span and even their wash area had a foam soap and place was relatively full. 80% of tables were full. The chairs were the normal black seat and steel back which were comfortable enough.

We were served the following on table

Welcome drink which was buttermilk : Nice and Soothing with coriander leaves

2 Veg Snacks : Hara Bara Kebab and Gobi Manchuria. Both were awesome. Freshly made, hot and very tasty

2 NV Snacks : Small pieces of Tandoori Chicken and Fish Fry. TC was just ok and Fish Fry was good

Breads served on the table were fabulous. Butter Naan and Rotis were really well made

Main Course

Kadi Pakora : This was the star item and made exactly how its made in my in-laws home in Delhi. Ditto. Excellent

Bhendi Masala : This again surprised me. Really Good

Mutton Masala : It was good. Not bad and not great either

Chicken Saagwala : This was better than Mutton Masala

Chicken Tikka Chawal : This was horrible. Tikka means boneless but, it had big boned chicken in nondescripte rice. Never try this again here. Previous time also i didnt like it

Jeera Rice : Again pretty average

Yellow Dal was very good

There were a few other lacklustre items like noodles ( god knows why they have to serve noodles in north indian buffet)

Ice Cream, Gulam Jamun and Minced Double Kha Meeta was quite good

Service was bad which was not a surprise. Only 2 waiters managing 10 tables. Otherwise a VFM deal for Rs.269 per head

Will go back again just for the snacks, Kadhi and Daal
Old 14th December 2012, 16:10   #5094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, let me address the cleaniness. It was spic and span and even their wash area had a foam soap and place was relatively full. 80% of tables were full. The chairs were the normal black seat and steel back which were comfortable enough.
Ah ok,looks like you went to the new section on the second floor or so?Have they closed the 1st floor section where they have the kitchen?
Old 14th December 2012, 16:18   #5095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ah ok,looks like you went to the new section on the second floor or so?Have they closed the 1st floor section where they have the kitchen?
I never knew they have 2 floors. I went to same place where I went 2-3 times before including the Team-BHP lunch meet happened on same floor.

The kitchen is through a small open window. But, the place was as clean as it can get. Since you commented on their floor which I normally dont look at in depth,but, yesterday i was scanning their flooring and their vitrified tiles were gleaming
Old 14th December 2012, 16:23   #5096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The Chole-Batura are priced separately in all the CC outlets in India.This holds good for their falgship outlet at chowpatty as well.

These new outlets are not company owned, they are franchised.
Couple of years back I and a friend wanted to take the franchise for Hyderabad. My friend's cousin has the franchise at Chennai and he strongly recommended we take the Hyderabad area but I got busy with other things and the idea did not go beyond few discussions. CC being a veg joint might have been the real reason though
Old 15th December 2012, 11:36   #5097
BHPian

Some updates from my side

1) Mast Kalandar -

Ordered Jaipuri thali and Balle balle pindi chole combos. Both the combos were really good. Not spicy, very well made rotis/naan, daal and chole were better than i expected. However the service is way too slow and the place is not too clean.

2) Tamaaram, Madhapur ( after Avasa Hotels )

Went in a group of 10. Ordered a variety of items viz Hongkong noodle, Singapore noodles, Onion tomato uttapam, onion rava dosa.
The noodles were horrible, they should rather rename it Haldi noodles and Laal Mirch noodles.
The uttapam and dosa though were very well made and delicious.
Note :- These guys do not keep any glasses. They serve water in their own packaged 200 ml water bottles(i like that). However no glasses even if you ask for, say having soft drinks.
Total bill for 10 people came to Rs.950.

3) Delhiwaala ( right opposite Tamaaram )

Some of the girls in our group wanted to try out the paani-puri there and they really liked it. We headed there for desert however. Wide variety of sweets, including few north indian, bengali sweets as well viz rossogulla, kaala jaam, ras malai etc. Tried out at least 7 different sweets and loved each one of them. However avg price was Rs.15-20/- per sweet.

4) Wonton

Ordered some food for home. We really like the Phad Thai noodles, manchurian and the rice here. Good quantity and fresh. Will pay a visit soon.

5) Khan Sahab

Brilliant food is all i can say. Probably the best North Indian food I have had in Hyderabad. Period. It is always brimming with customers whenever i have been there. Last time went on a Saturday, and there was a live gazal performance going on. The service and cleanliness is spot on.
Absolutely love their variety of parathas, the daal and malai kofta was the best i have had so far anywhere.

6) Green Bawarchi, Habsiguda

Ordered 2 plates of Chicken Biryani for the two of us. And what a big mistake it was!!!! Massive quantity. Also made the mistake of ordering for some extra masala. Was sweating all throughout. We couldnt even finish half of what we ordered. Took the rest home.
Rs.140 per plate is shattering value for money. The chicken piece was HUGE!! and very very well cooked.

7) Zaafran Exotica, Banjara

Nice ambience, slow service, great food.

Ordered chana chilly and murg tikka for starters. Very tasty and perfectly cooked.
Wheat roti, naan and kulcha along with kaali daal and Peshawari veg for main course. Again very tasty and cooked just right. Will go back once more.

Phewww, over and out!!

Last edited by Motormania : 15th December 2012 at 11:39.
Old 15th December 2012, 21:56   #5098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Some updates from my side
Out of that entire lot. I like Zafraan Exotica ( a nice romantic place for a leisurely dinner) and Wonton ( Been there again couple of weeks ago for lunch), each and every item was good.

I have been to Khansaab twice and except the ambience i didnt quite like it much but, then it was during their early days when they opened. Maybe I should visit them again and see if my liking changes
Old 17th December 2012, 13:38   #5099
Distinguished - BHPian

Binged on some ice-creams last weekend from Naturals which has opened in Himayathnagar

Each small cup costs Rs.40 and perfect quantity to satiate that sweet urge. Not too much and not too less

Got these flavors

a) Kaju Kismis
b) Pineapple Papaya
c) Anjeer
d) Coconut

PP and Anjeer were simply awesome. Lots of fruits and dry fruits and i like their taste. Its not too sweet like an Ohri's ice-cream but, very balanced taste

So convenient as its so close to home. I am now a regular to this joint

Last evening got take-away from Paradise, IMAX

At 9pm, the takeaway counter was bustling with activity. What impressed me is their open kitchen which you can view from the ordering area. Neat, well maintained and perfect with all employees wearing protective gear on head and hands

Tangdi Kebab
Simply love it here. However, bit disappointed the pieces were quite small yesterday

Mutton Tikka Masala
He said its a spicy dish but, it was medium spicy not even spicy. But, nevertheless quite good and awesome taste of gravy and meat was as usual soft and tender.

Above was gorged down with Rumali Rotis which were also quite good

Total Bill was Rs.320
Old 17th December 2012, 14:45   #5100
BHPian

Anybody knows a good place where I can get good Dabeli? I always go to the place opp. Dimmy's in Sindhi colony.

Quote:
Binged on some ice-creams last weekend from Naturals which has opened in Himayathnagar

Its not too sweet like an Ohri's ice-cream but, very balanced taste
Naturals is too bland for my taste. I tried Anjeer and Coconut flavor. Anjeer was ok and I was trying hard to get the taste out of coconut scoop. They do have many flavors, ice-creams made from seasonal fruits and yeah, they do stick to their name Naturals. Very less or no use of synthetic flavors.

Quote:
Last evening got take-away from Paradise, IMAX

Tangdi Kebab
Simply love it here. However, bit disappointed the pieces were quite small yesterday

Mutton Tikka Masala
He said its a spicy dish but, it was medium spicy not even spicy. But, nevertheless quite good and awesome taste of gravy and meat was as usual soft and tender.

Above was gorged down with Rumali Rotis which were also quite good

Total Bill was Rs.320
Rs.320 is very reasonable. Will try soon. Do the rates change if I plan to dine there?
You should demand a cut from Paradise for all the publicity you do.

Last edited by Farukh : 17th December 2012 at 14:48.

Most Viewed