Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 14:48   #5101
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Creamcentre Experiance
We decided to head for lunch at Creamcentre in Jubilee Hills, yesterday after some fun and frolic at Inorbit Mall.
We ordered :
- Cheese Corn stuffed Balls
- Crispy Aloo Tikki Sizzler
- Aloo Parata Combo
- Dum Biryani

Damages : Rs.900 including tip.

Creamcentre has a good ambience and I would say, the pricing is just correct.
They have an array of sizzlers, some never heard of ones too, on the menu.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-006.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-008.jpg  

Old 17th December 2012, 15:41   #5102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Anybody knows a good place where I can get good Dabeli? I always go to the place opp. Dimmy's in Sindhi colony.
That place is no good and the khadoos looking lady does not help matters in any way.

The best Dabeli IMO is the one on the same road,on the same side as Dimmys and a little ahead(going in the direction of Foodworld),in front of some co-operative bank,just before that kulfi parlor.You would always see a rush there and his dabelis get over by 8 in the night.He sells only Vada Paavs and Dabelis.
Old 17th December 2012, 16:06   #5103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

The best Dabeli IMO is the one on the same road,on the same side as Dimmys and a little ahead(going in the direction of Foodworld),in front of some co-operative bank,just before that kulfi parlor.You would always see a rush there and his dabelis get over by 8 in the night.He sells only Vada Paavs and Dabelis.
+1 Ranjit.

It is Sindh Urban Co-Operative Bank and the Dabeli's served at this place are yummy.

The Kulfi parlour is called celebrations and the malai kulfi served here is yummilicious.

Little ahead on the right (opp ICICI) is Masood's pan shop, which is opened till late.The sweet pans served here are great.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 17th December 2012 at 16:08.
Old 17th December 2012, 16:17   #5104
BHPian

Quote:
That place is no good and the khadoos looking lady does not help matters in any way.

Khadoos... you got that very right. Yesterday evening I asked her to make a normal Dabeli for me and one extra spicy Dabeli for my friend, it kinda offended her and she put all her rage in adding extra masala but my friend loved it.

Never a pleasant experience there but now I know another place. Will try the joint you suggested next weekend. Thanks.
Old 17th December 2012, 16:17   #5105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody knows a good place where I can get good Dabeli? I always go to the place opp. Dimmy's in Sindhi colony.
There is another joint that we frequent a lot as my wife likes Dabeli a lot. She eats 2 and says her dinner is over while 2 dabeli's will be my appetizer

Its at Boggulkunta very close to Pragati Idli. Btw, they jacked up their Dabeli price by 50% from Rs.10 to Rs.15

Quote:
Naturals is too bland for my taste.
Well, till sometime ago, i used to enjoy the sweet icecreams but, offlate I resist them as time passes your taste buds too change. I like Naturals just for that reason, for being not too sweet

Quote:
Do the rates change if I plan to dine there?
You should demand a cut from Paradise for all the publicity you do.
I think the take-away and dine-in rates are slightly different. Not sure though

And, why do you think that I dont get a cut from advertisement that I do for them? I get ONE BIRYANI free for every line I write about them here

Quote:
That place is no good and the khadoos looking lady does not help matters in any way
Yeah, she was a short tempered lady. But, i think she moved away from that place permanently; lock, stock and barrel. EDIT : just read Farukh post. But, whenever i visited she was never there so i assumed she left that place for good

Quote:
Havent tasted here though but, been there a couple of times around 9'sh and Dabeli were over. Btw, here both Dabeli and Vada Pav is priced at Rs.20 each.

P.S: I was joking about the free biryani...lest some of your serious blokes take it for real...lol

P.S 2: If I like something, i shower praises like anything. And, if I dont, i cut them down to size with my words...i dont like the in-between attitude...ROFL

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th December 2012 at 16:19.
Old 17th December 2012, 16:21   #5106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Havent tasted here though but, been there a couple of times around 9'sh and Dabeli were over. Btw, here both Dabeli and Vada Pav is priced at Rs.20 each.
IIRC both are priced at INR 15 till about last month.Havent gone there in Dec so cant vouch for the latest rates lest they have changed now.
Old 17th December 2012, 16:31   #5107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC both are priced at INR 15 till about last month.Havent gone there in Dec so cant vouch for the latest rates lest they have changed now.
Ah! I visited in this month only and vividly remember the price displayed as Rs.20 ( though it was just a cursory glance while sitting on my BULL, so i cannot be entirely sure)

We rode away when we came to know Dabeli was over
Old 17th December 2012, 16:39   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Ah! I visited in this month only and vividly remember the price displayed as Rs.20 ( though it was just a cursory glance while sitting on my BULL, so i cannot be entirely sure)

We rode away when we came to know Dabeli was over
This brings the prices in Hyderabad on par with Bangalore.Sagar at Rajajinagar near Orion Mall has the best Dabeli's and Vada pav in Bangalore and the prices are the same at Rs.20
Old 17th December 2012, 22:35   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Visited Ofen on Road No. 10 in Banjara Hills first time for a meal after having heard my wife waxing eloquence about its food and service and reasonable prices.

Amazingly efficient and quick service with extremely polite staff.

No Service Charge. No Service Tax. No fancy VAT @ 14.5%. A simple 5% VAT. Prices given below with each dish are without the tax component.

I will certainly go back as this is the place for getting my regular "continental" fix which I need every now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
I like the food at Ofen but am surprised that you got quick service. If there is anything negative about that place, it is their service. Otherwise everything else is good. We normally sit outside (the small smoking area in the back side) and enjoy the food and lazy service.
I am sure that the Ofen staff thinks that you come there for a lazy time and so do not serve you quickly.

I did turn up at Ofen once again today.

Entered at 20:35 and exited at 21:35 sharp after having paid the bill.

I ordered :
1) French Fries "Diavolo" (115/-). Diavolo essentially meant that they sprinkled red chilli powder over the regular fries. I prefer them plain an would not go for Diavolo again.
2) Stuffed Button Mushroom (114/-). Nice.
3) Hawaiin Chicken Salad (212/-). Massive quantity of boneless chicken, never ever have had so much chicken in a salad. The best dish of today.
4) Shepherd's Pie (276/-).
5) Beef Medalllions (276/-).
6) Chicken lasagna (267/-).
7) Chicken Florentine (257/-).
8) Pan Seared Chicken in Black Pepper Sauce (310/-).
9) Eggless Blueberry Cheesecake (120/-).
10) 1/2 kilo Plum Cake (429/-). Not yet eaten. Will eat tomorrow and hope that it meets my exacting taste.
11) Beverages like Diet Coke (48/-), Chocolate Flaky Shake (124/-), Iced Tea (57/-), Bottled Water (27/-), etc.

Taxes were VAT @ 5% extra, no Service Charge, no Service Tax.

Quick efficient amazingly professional service. They get 10/10 for service and 8/10 for taste. Worth visiting again and again by those who do not expect their continental food to be spicy hot.
Old 18th December 2012, 08:54   #5110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4 View Post
This brings the prices in Hyderabad on par with Bangalore.Sagar at Rajajinagar near Orion Mall has the best Dabeli's and Vada pav in Bangalore and the prices are the same at Rs.20
Wifey was mentioning yesterday it was Rs.18 for Vada Pav and Dabheli

@Bajaj Saab, thats a lot of items ordered in one time

Rs.429 for 1/2kg is by no means cheap for a plum cake? What's he mixed in it? Silver or Gold liquid?

I like plum cakes from Reliance Bakery (Begumpet) and Karachi Bakery. Really yummy at a reasonable price.
Old 18th December 2012, 13:45   #5111
Distinguished - BHPian

Before heading for the vacation, would like to take my mom out for a nice dinner tonight.

As she is a pure vegetarian, I was scratching my head where to take her out considering I shy away from veggie joints. Two names came to mind from the previous few pages

Creamcenter Vs. Kailash Parbath

Which one is better where she can enjoy a good meal. Her priorities are good ambience and only ala-carte. She HATES buffets

What dishes to order?

Also, the exact location of these restuarants would be helpful.
Old 18th December 2012, 13:50   #5112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before heading for the vacation, would like to take my mom out for a nice dinner tonight.

As she is a pure vegetarian, I was scratching my head where to take her out considering I shy away from veggie joints. Two names came to mind from the previous few pages

Which one is better where she can enjoy a good meal. Her priorities are good ambience and only ala-carte. She HATES buffets

What dishes to order?

Also, the exact location of these restuarants would be helpful.
Cream Centre is no good-its an absolute sham imo.Ofcourse I may sound biased but IMO KP wins hands down.There is no buffet at KP for dinner.Only lunch buffet.The Seyal Paneer and the Sai Bhaji (a palak dish) are our favourites.Their chaats are amazing as well,though steeply priced in the region of 90rs.The panipuris are too cumbersome to eat as you need to make them yourselves!I love the sizzlers there as well,but I guess they are steeply priced going by the comments I saw here.The menu card is pretty descriptive and varied so that should help you as well.

KP is located on top of the Gautier showroom and diagonally opposite Cream & Fudge on Jubilee rd 36.Cream Centre is further down the road toward Hitec-in the same building-3rd floor as Bbq Nation.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 18th December 2012 at 13:52.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:45   #5113
BHPian

Quote:
@Bajaj Saab, thats a lot of items ordered in one time

Rs.429 for 1/2kg is by no means cheap for a plum cake? What's he mixed in it? Silver or Gold liquid?

I like plum cakes from Reliance Bakery (Begumpet) and Karachi Bakery. Really yummy at a reasonable price.
Not a lot of items, just 5 main courses between the 6 of us.

It has gold liquid for sure and it is 450/- for 1/2 kg including tax.

Both Reliance and Karachi do not add any liquid to marinate the raisins for a month thus making their plum cake as not authentic. It is Christmas season and only an authentic cake would have been acceptable to me.

Quote:

Same situation here that I also need to party with parents before heading out on Friday. Of course, the difference being that I have decided to treat parents' to home made Sarson Kaa Saag with Makki Ki Roti.

Is it a must for you to take her to veggie place or can you go to a place which serves awesome veggie food apart from n/v food? Not that any place strikes me at the moment.

I have not been to either KP or CC so no comments on those places. I am still not convinced that they offer VFM to Hyderabad as their prices are Bombay type.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:17   #5114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4 View Post
... Bangalore.Sagar at Rajajinagar near Orion Mall has the best Dabeli's and Vada pav in Bangalore ...
Where exactly is this located? I have never seen a joint like that!!!
Old 18th December 2012, 17:11   #5115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cream Centre is no good-its an absolute sham imo.Ofcourse I may sound biased but IMO KP wins hands down.There is no buffet at KP for dinner.Only lunch buffet.The Seyal Paneer and the Sai Bhaji (a palak dish) are our favourites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I have not been to either KP or CC so no comments on those places. I am still not convinced that they offer VFM to Hyderabad as their prices are Bombay type.
Thanks for the feedbacks. I reckon will just toss a coin high-up in the air and go to the place it tells me to

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks