Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 17:27   #5116
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for the feedbacks. I reckon will just toss a coin high-up in the air and go to the place it tells me to
.It really depends on what your mom is in the mood to eat.

I prefer the chola bathura of cream centre anyday over kailash parbat.

Suggestions by Ranjit are more of Sindhi Khaana( taste on the tangy side)

Ambience wise KP is a winner.

For the experience if you want to eat paani puri served in sushi plate go to KP

RR

P.S:- If you decide to go to cream centre chances are you might change your mind and land into bbq nation (the aroma is spread all over the building)

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 18th December 2012 at 17:29.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:39   #5117
Senior - BHPian

I've had vada paav and dhabeli at the roadside stall opposite Dimmy's on Prenderghast road and they were yummy.

Yes, it is the same khadoos lady, but I did find her vada paav excellent, but I did not enjoy the dhabeli that much, though it was ok to taste. Both were priced at Rs 18 each.

I also enjoyed an 'Italian Pizza' at the pizza joint that sells only veg pizzas further down the same road, near Sunshine Hospital.

I came to know about both places from bhpian Motoring Lover, who in turn came to know from Sparsh.

The kulfi joint on the same road was with Silverwood's recommendation.

Last edited by vnabhi : 18th December 2012 at 22:42.
Old 19th December 2012, 06:47   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I also enjoyed an 'Italian Pizza' at the pizza joint that sells only veg pizzas further down the same road, near Sunshine Hospital.
Pizza Den's the name of that joint. It used to be located in Karkhana. Known for tasty Pizzas. I can't comment on the taste, surprisingly I hate cheese and butter. No sitting place, should have it in your car or on your bike. Also serves good aloo toasts and sandwiches. As you mentioned only veg items. Beggars around will pester you. Always crowded, never seen a dull moment.

Sindhi colony is the perfect pocket friendly chaat destination.
Old 19th December 2012, 09:08   #5119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
I prefer the chola bathura of cream centre anyday over kailash parbat.
Dude, you hit the nail on the head......

We went to "Cream Center" Rd.No. 36 Jubilee Hills yesterday.

Ambience is lovely, upmarket, contempary and neat. Their were hardly 3-4 tables full with one occupied by a big group celebrating a birthday.

Parking could be an issue as its small and the restuarant is situated where the road curves left and slopes down. I was at a good speed and had to slam the brakes as soon as wife spotted it

Service was very attentive with Maitre'd asking us for everything and enquiring how we came to know about the place etc.

He mentioned its opened 10 days ago and owned by a someone named Uma Maheshwari ( Marwari...I think) who owns this master franchise and started his business with Chole Bathure and is known for this signature dish.

We ordered the following :-

American Corn Cheese Balls (Rs.179)

6 small pieces of corn cheese balls. Extremly tasty with cheese practically melting and oozing out of the corn based balls. However, really medium sized pieces. I can recollect having something similar at Reshmi's which was not this tasty but, almost there and used to cost Rs.75 bucks a couple of years ago.

Chole (Rs.139) and Bhatura (Rs.49)

This was the star dish. I never thought i could get over the Havemore Chole Bhature but, this dish is the closest that came to Havemore's CB ( I still prefer Havemore though). Chole were black and perfectly cooked in those secret receipes.

However, the downer was horrible onions (see picture) and no sliced chillies coated with salt which is trademark of Havemore. I asked maitre'd to give better onions and he returned with a similar horribly peeled ones

Btw, the onions in Havemore are presented in a much better manner with smooth and baby onions dipped in vinegar

Having said that, CB was damn good here.

Aloo Tikki Sizzler (Rs.279)

This was also pretty good. Rice presented with sorteed veggies, finger chips, cutlet etc. Along with an aloo korma type of gravy which went decently well with this sizzler. Overall, not a radically great sizzler but, not bad too.

Above was washed down with 2 pepsi's (Rs.49 each). We wanted Ice-Sodas ( Rs.149...Pricey..huh?) but, it was not available

Total bill : Rs.900 (inclusive of 14.5% Service Tax and 5% Service Charge)

Summary
: A nice experience but, is quite pricey for the quanity they serve. I wouldnt mind going back here for that rare veggie dining experience as mom enjoyed her time-out

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012121800079.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012121800081.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012121800080.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2012121800082.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th December 2012 at 09:12.
Old 19th December 2012, 10:03   #5120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Pizza Den's the name of that joint. It used to be located in Karkhana. Known for tasty Pizzas. I can't comment on the taste, surprisingly I hate cheese and butter. No sitting place, should have it in your car or on your bike. Also serves good aloo toasts and sandwiches. As you mentioned only veg items. Beggars around will pester you. Always crowded, never seen a dull moment.

Sindhi colony is the perfect pocket friendly chaat destination.
He has also started serving soya biryani since quite some time. Though the quantity is less but it tastes very good. He moved from karkhana due to traffic congestion he was causing there because of his pizza popularity.
Old 19th December 2012, 10:44   #5121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where exactly is this located? I have never seen a joint like that!!!
We chanced upon this place while coming back from Orion Mall.I am new to Bangalore hence cannot give you exact name of the locality.

We came across this place while driving back from Orion mall towards Majestic on the Dr. Rajkumar Road(I would say it is midway between Orion mall and Star Bazaar,falls on your left),we went to this place seeing the crowds on the road.It has options to sit down and eat as well inside it is quite crowded though.

The Juices,Dabeli, Vada Pav,Hot Jalebis are top notch while the chats are nothing great to write about. Hope you got an idea of the location
Old 19th December 2012, 11:30   #5122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
He has also started serving soya biryani since quite some time. Though the quantity is less but it tastes very good.
He gets this Biryani from a Vendor and he is merely a reseller.

I love his Grill Sandwich and ice tea.
Old 19th December 2012, 13:06   #5123
BHPian

I happened to have a quick bite at a low key chinese restaurant called Hong Kong Restaurant in Gachibowli Kondapur Road opposite to the road to Ramky Towers. It looked like a small family-run business, the food was really good and does not taste like the Indian-Chinese that you get in many places in Hyd. I have been here twice, once had Singapore Fried Rice and once Steam Rice with Chicken both were awesome. Place is very clean but has only around 10 tables and was not crowded at all.
Old 19th December 2012, 14:08   #5124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
I happened to have a quick bite at a low key chinese restaurant called Hong Kong Restaurant in Gachibowli Kondapur Road opposite to the road to Ramky Towers.
This is a nice update. Would try this place out for lunch sometime early next year. Prices could have been mentioned in your update

Important Note : Please mention prices and taxes (if applicable) wherever possible when you write your reviews here. It will help other members in their decision to visit that place.
Old 19th December 2012, 14:23   #5125
BHPian

Quote:
This is a nice update. Would try this place out for lunch sometime early next year. Prices could have been mentioned in your update
It was at least a week back that I tried, so don't remember the prices off-hand. I had carried their take away menu back home, so will update the group after reaching home. But it is one of the most affordable places I have been in that area.
Old 19th December 2012, 15:54   #5126
BHPian

Quote:
I happened to have a quick bite at a low key chinese restaurant called Hong Kong Restaurant in Gachibowli Kondapur Road opposite to the road to Ramky Towers..
Nice update indeed.I get my car washed opposite this restaurant and have always been tempted to visit them.

Thanks for the review
Old 19th December 2012, 20:51   #5127
BHPian

Quote:
Prices could have been mentioned in your update
Quote:
so will update the group after reaching home. But it is one of the most affordable places I have been in that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Thanks for the review
As promised, here are the prices from their take away menu.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dscf1961.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dscf1963.jpg
Old 20th December 2012, 11:45   #5128
BHPian

Honk Kong Restaurant is clean and not crowded as mentioned by rknair , the last time we went there,couldn't sample the food since they did not accept cards or SodexHo coupons, and there was no working ATM in the vicinity.Not sure if things have changed
Old 20th December 2012, 12:32   #5129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As promised, here are the prices from their take away menu.
Thanks. The pricing seems bang in the range of Bowl 'O China outlets. While some of the BOC outlets are decent if not great.

This one I hope is better than them
Old 21st December 2012, 07:31   #5130
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks. The pricing seems bang in the range of Bowl 'O China outlets. While some of the BOC outlets are decent if not great.

This one I hope is better than them
I felt the quality to be a class apart from BOC. BOC, in my opinion uses too much spices to suit Indian palette. I don't like that in Chinese food.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks