Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 13:15   #5146
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I'm in Hyd these days and since I can't get here during Ramadan when you guys all talk about Haleem, is there any place I can get a good Haleem these days?
Green Park at Greenlands,Begumpet serves Haleem through out the year. Had been there once but not the best you can expect.

OT, Want to share this since you asked about Haleem, If you are to Pune by any means visit "Pride of Hyderabad" at M.G.Road/Camp area.
Old 25th December 2012, 14:43   #5147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
I have seen a small outlet selling Haleem all through the year At Chandanagar near BHEL. I don't remember the name now. It is on the left when you come from BHEL to Madinaguda. It is next to Angaara at Chandanagar.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's beef haleem. I remember seeing an outlet serving beef haleem there. Will confirm next time I pass by.
Old 25th December 2012, 23:21   #5148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I stay in Ghatkesar. But what would be the average price?
HomeCentre the range starts at INR 2000. Welspun Trimulghery being the factory outlet, you may get some discounts.

One suggestion: If you have some relative or friend in Rajasthan or coming from there, tell them to get it for you. Price and Quality would be better.
Old 26th December 2012, 10:08   #5149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
HomeCentre the range starts at INR 2000. Welspun Trimulghery being the factory outlet, you may get some discounts.

One suggestion: If you have some relative or friend in Rajasthan or coming from there, tell them to get it for you. Price and Quality would be better.
I came to know about quilt only when I was in Delhi. Couple of years back, went to Jaipur and got them after a huge bargain for 2500INR
Unfortunately there is no one at present in North. Let me try Welspun and Homecentre this weekend.
Anything to make note when purchasing a quilt
Old 27th December 2012, 17:34   #5150

Hey friends,

Newest member of Team-BHP here, season's greetings to everyone. Avid follower of this thread, and love the enthu and zest with which you guys discuss food, and how seriously you take it.

With this year about to end, any interesting ideas for a New Years Eve (NYE) hangout spots for families ? Or is there a thread where this is already being discussed in detail ? I'm just about taking baby steps on this forum, and any help/direction would be appreciated.
Old 27th December 2012, 19:11   #5151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

It is Sindh Urban Co-Operative Bank and the Dabeli's served at this place are yummy.

The Kulfi parlour is called celebrations and the malai kulfi served here is yummilicious.

Little ahead on the right (opp ICICI) is Masood's pan shop, which is opened till late.The sweet pans served here are great.

Waseem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
IIRC both are priced at INR 15 till about last month.Havent gone there in Dec so cant vouch for the latest rates lest they have changed now.
The name of this joint is Bombay chat. Both Dabeli and Vada pav are priced at Rs.18. It has a tinch of cinnamon and cardamom and not that spicy compared to khadoos aunty's dabeli.

Also, took Choco Almond cake from VACS last weekend and I must say it was yum. Here is the cake price list of VACS Trimulgherry. Prices might differ from their Jubilee Hills outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-vacs.jpg  

Old 28th December 2012, 12:48   #5152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4 View Post
... driving back from Orion mall towards Majestic on the Dr. Rajkumar Road ... Dabeli, Vada Pav, ...
A big thanks to you. Found it last Tuesday finally after a couple of tries.

The place is Sagar (just that), and it occupies the space between 2 crosses (lanes) on the left, just after Navrang Diagnostic Center, very near the Navrang crossing. Navrang is the cinema theatre on the opposite side. 2-wheeler parking is OK, but dicey with a car.

Vada Pav - on par with Mumbai / Pune stuff. Simple but packed with flavors. Dabeli - a bit sweet, but delicious. The Pav is large and perfectly made, unlike the sour small ones one normally gets in shops.
Old 29th December 2012, 11:54   #5153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post

With this year about to end, any interesting ideas for a New Years Eve (NYE) hangout spots for families ? Or is there a thread where this is already being discussed in detail ? I'm just about taking baby steps on this forum, and any help/direction would be appreciated.
Last year I went to Westin. They had a separate kids area with food and movies and some entertainment. I left my son there without any worries and partied with my friends at pool side area. The cost was 8k per couple. This time I think it is 11k. Food was just amazing.

Check out TOI or DC. You will see tons of advertisements.
Old 30th December 2012, 00:10   #5154
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in Hyd these days and since I can't get here during Ramadan when you guys all talk about Haleem, is there any place I can get a good Haleem these days?
Was going to KPHB today and noticed "SPL IRANI HALEEM ON NEW YEAR'S EVE" board at a cafe' opp. to Kukatpally Traffic PS. I guess it's available only on 31st only.
It Reminded me of you.Hope it satisfies your love for Haleem. Am not gonna miss it though.
Old 30th December 2012, 08:02   #5155
BHPian

Quote:

How about Biryani.. best around?
Sitara Grand on Road No.12 serves Paya and Haleem everyday. Never been there so cannot comment about the taste but it is available.

Biryani - if you can, try chicken biryani at Prince Hotel, Mehdipatnam. Not a great place to dine in but you can take away biryani and grilled chicken.
Old 30th December 2012, 17:27   #5156
BHPian

Originally Posted by HPP
is there any place I can get a good Haleem these days?
How about Biryani

Try Sarvi on Road No. 11 which is opposite Care Hospital of Road No. 1. Haleem and Chicken Biryani is the way to go there accompanied by Fish Tikka.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:58   #5157
Team-BHP Support

Al Saba, between the Gachibowli Flyover and the Quality Inn Road.

Mutton Masala, 3 Tandoori Rotis, 1 Mutton Biryani, 1/2 Tandoori Chicken, 1 bottle of water and 2 cups of tea.
Bill was about Rs 560 in the AC section.
The food was quite good. Will definitely repeat.

http://www.labonel.net/
They are pricey.
But they make cakes that my family really enjoys.
Quote:
Peach Caramel Roulade
Vanilla sponge filled & rolled with chopped peaches, caramel and fresh cream. Drizzled with chocolate and caramel, garnished with sliced peaches and fresh kiwi.
Costs 1,500.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-cake.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 2nd January 2013 at 16:54.
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:52   #5158
BHPian

Went to Leonia Resort for the New Year Eve. 2 nights - checked in on 30th afternoon and checked out on 1st morning. The lunch on 30th was good, liked it a lot. But after that every meal was worse than the previous and the next one. And maybe they do not understand the meaning of lavish spread or brunch.

It was always the standard 2 non-veg with rotis, couple of veg curries, sambar, rice, couple of sweets / icecream. Even the eve dinner was the same. Breakfast was just about okay but not enough counters.

Rooms and other facilities were great. No complaints about that. Though the check-in process was messed up. We stayed at the Cascade suites and loved them but having paid Rs.32,500.00 all inclusive per couple for 2 nights, I was hoping for a better fare - food wise, esp the New Year eve dinner.
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:19   #5159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

How about Biryani.. best around?

If he ate there a few years ago, it had to be Bamboo Garden, as Bombay Chopsticks is newer than that. Both good, but Bamboo is gone now unfortunately. Hot Wok was very good, but the original closed and now is open in a different suburb(still good food).
There is a lunch meet on Jan 9th, join up if your in town till then.

During non-haleem days, I like ONLY Green Park Hotel Haleem, its like a cleansed version of the haleem that you get during Ramzan. But, I really like it, its smooth, tasty and only downside is you dont get chunks of meat as the whole haleem is minced to a smooth perfection.

With regards to the Chinese Hotel in Chicago, I think it was Hot Wok. I loved the food there

Biryani? Dont ask me that because I will suggest only one place

P.S 1: From Dec 21-Dec 30, I survived on Phulkas, Egg Burgi, Egg Curry, Daal and Maggie in the mountains

P.S 2: Now that Iam back in Delhi. I am hunting down the best of food joints till I come back to Hyderabad. It's called getting your own back for P.S 1
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:04   #5160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

P.S 2: Now that Iam back in Delhi. I am hunting down the best of food joints till I come back to Hyderabad. It's called getting your own back for P.S 1

Avi,

If you happen to visit Rajouri garden, then a little towards Tagore garden on the right side you will see many lsmall dhabas, I don't recollect the name, but the last (Very sure about it) dhaba serves Afghani chicken in white sauce. Its a worthy try, place is not worth doe dine-in but you can park your car and try seating in car. Other chicken dishes are also yummy.

Which area are you putting up in delhi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks