Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 12:17   #5176
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
I've read some positive things about Hotel Green Park on this thread. How is the hotel accommodation? TripAdvisor rates it quite highly. Nothing like a BHP-ian word/review
Rooms are slightly dated and furnishings are just average,if you are used to the newer sleeker kind of hotels,you might not necessarily like this place.Location is bang in the middle of the city,especially if your target areas are in and around Ameerpet,Somajiguda,Begumpet,SP Road,Srinagar Colony etc.The restaurant is good,they have a newer property in the same location called Marigold which is better.Opt for that if it fits your budget.
Old 11th January 2013, 12:35   #5177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Rooms are slightly dated and furnishings are just average,if you are used to the newer sleeker kind of hotels,you might not necessarily like this place.Location is bang in the middle of the city,especially if your target areas are in and around Ameerpet,Somajiguda,Begumpet,SP Road,Srinagar Colony etc.The restaurant is good,they have a newer property in the same location called Marigold which is better.Opt for that if it fits your budget.
Thanks for the review Ranjit. This is for my dad and his requirements are pretty simple - A comfy bed in an AC room with a clean bathroom and Wifi. Plus good food available closeby (which shouldnt be an issue with the location of the hotel). Budget was around 4K/night, so Marigold will be stretching it.

Thanks!
Old 11th January 2013, 12:43   #5178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the review Ranjit. This is for my dad and his requirements are pretty simple - A comfy bed in an AC room with a clean bathroom and Wifi. Plus good food available closeby (which shouldnt be an issue with the location of the hotel). Budget was around 4K/night, so Marigold will be stretching it.

Thanks!
Then GP should be good.Though Marigold too should be offering the same rates as the rooms are going literally empty thanks to their initial folly of pricing it way too high.Their other property in town at Hitec City called Avasa has had their prices come crashing down to 3500 a night from 10k a night!At 4k a night,some of the other options that come to mind are at Fortune Vallabha on Rd 12 banjara & Dasapalla at Jubilee Hills-both are very good.
Old 11th January 2013, 13:45   #5179
Distinguished - BHPian

@Recompose, though have never stayed in Green Park ( no need since i have my own house in Hyd) but, visited many rooms/suites to meet friends who visited Hyderabad and we partied in those rooms

Keeping your dad's requirement in question, its a great place and one of the best and earliest 3-star ( now is it 4*?) properties of Hyderabad which has kind of set a benchmark for others.

I would recommend it highly. While there if your dad is a foodie ask him to check out their midnight buffet which has the famous Hyderabadi Haleem and their biryani is also decent but, not the best.
Old 11th January 2013, 13:45   #5180

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Then GP should be good.Though Marigold too should be offering the same rates as the rooms are going literally empty thanks to their initial folly of pricing it way too high.Their other property in town at Hitec City called Avasa has had their prices come crashing down to 3500 a night from 10k a night!At 4k a night,some of the other options that come to mind are at Fortune Vallabha on Rd 12 banjara & Dasapalla at Jubilee Hills-both are very good.

There is another option quite nearby - The Square at Paryatak Bhavan at the crossroads. Thats also a well maintained property, rooms are well-appointed, the food is quite good, service is decent, they have Wifi, a quaint swimming pool. The room tarrifs will be lesser than Green Park, for sure. You could check it out at Tripadvisor too. But if its a star hotel that you are looking for, I guess Green Park fits the bill.
Old 11th January 2013, 14:28   #5181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Recompose,
Keeping your dad's requirement in question, its a great place and one of the best and earliest 3-star ( now is it 4*?) properties of Hyderabad which has kind of set a benchmark for others.

I would recommend it highly. While there if your dad is a foodie ask him to check out their midnight buffet which has the famous Hyderabadi Haleem and their biryani is also decent but, not the best.
Thanks Mobike, will proceed with the booking. To confirm what you said, it is now a 4 star hotel. While dad may not have the Haleem given that we're vegetarians, I'm sure the foodie in him will work something out
Old 12th January 2013, 09:59   #5182
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mobike, will proceed with the booking. To confirm what you said, it is now a 4 star hotel. While dad may not have the Haleem given that we're vegetarians, I'm sure the foodie in him will work something out
GP has been a preferred destination for my company visitors for more than a decade. There was a time I put up couple of my colleagues there for more than 2 months and had lunch and dinners there almost everyday. It became so popular among our colleagues that even the executives for whom it was beyond their limit stayed there and paid the extra from their pocket.

One of the best in hospitality but I guess it is a bit old now. Still you cannot go wrong with it. Do let us know how your dad liked it.
Old 12th January 2013, 12:22   #5183
BHPian

Hi,
Does anyone have any review about the Biryani King's biryani?
Been seeing their ads online and want to know any opinions..

After a long time had food from gokool in west marredpally. Food standards seem to have improved compared to a couple of years ago. However prices have improved accordingly and a meal for two would set you back by 700or more with one starter two main course and roti.

P.S: Had the midnight buffet at green park recently. Paya was out of this world.. biryani was awesome.everything else mediocre.not recommended for vegetarians.
Surprisingly though the crowd was very decent and lots of kids and elderly.big shift from few years ago when only the party crowd or the post drinking crowd would gather there.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th January 2013 at 19:45. Reason: Corrected the word of place. Also, please use proper punctuation, capital at begining of sentence in future. Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 19:49   #5184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshaguduru View Post
P.S: Had the midnight buffet at green park recently. Paya was out of this world.. biryani was awesome.everything else mediocre.not recommended for vegetarians.
Surprisingly though the crowd was very decent and lots of kids and elderly.big shift from few years ago when only the party crowd or the post drinking crowd would gather there.
Iam surprised there is no mention of Haleem? When I visit GP Midnight Buffet. Only 3 items that I enjoy is Paya which as you rightly said is awesome. Nice Biryani and their splendid Haleem.

Rest of the food is decent but, not great

Their weakest link is dessert which is yucky to say the least and use cheap icecreams and lumpy and extremely sweet qurbani ka meetha. They dont bother to improve probably because they know they can draw crowds only with their signature dishes.
Old 12th January 2013, 19:52   #5185

Visited T.G.I.Fridays a few days back for lunch. Feeling a bit extravagant and indulgent towards myself, decided to order a half rack of Spicy Jack imported back ribs. Wonderfully and skillfully prepared, with the meat so tender - just falling of the bone and melting in the mouth ! Lightly spiced with their own special 'rub', glazed with their special barbeque sauce. Served along with a small salad and fried onion rings. Accompanied with a large glass of their famous and refreshing Mojito, which was on the house, as a special promotion for these ribs.

It was a pricey indulgence - set me back by about 1200/- () or so, incl taxes and VAT and service charges and a tip.
Old 13th January 2013, 11:16   #5186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
Visited T.G.I.Fridays a few days back for lunch. Feeling a bit extravagant and indulgent towards myself, decided to order a half rack of Spicy Jack imported back ribs. Wonderfully and skillfully prepared, with the meat so tender - just falling of the bone and melting in the mouth ! Lightly spiced with their own special 'rub', glazed with their special barbeque sauce. Served along with a small salad and fried onion rings. Accompanied with a large glass of their famous and refreshing Mojito, which was on the house, as a special promotion for these ribs.

It was a pricey indulgence - set me back by about 1200/- () or so, incl taxes and VAT and service charges and a tip.
I love it when someone uses artsy words to describe a great dish. Perfect words used to describe a steak/grilled meat

I assume that was Beef ( unfortunately, I dont eat it. Would love to try it if something similar is served in mutton)....For some reason,I am fascinated by steaks and love the Man vs. Food show where Adam Sandler visits the southern states of US for these Steaky delights

Been to TGIF a few years back during happy hours when it had initially opened and was taken aback by its pricing as most dishes are priced in range of Rs.500-Rs.1000 which is a bit too much even for the well heeled

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th January 2013 at 11:17.
Old 13th January 2013, 13:11   #5187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... love the Man vs. Food show where Adam Sandler ...
Adam Richman. Adam Sandler does funny guy roles.
Old 13th January 2013, 17:05   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Visited T.G.I.Fridays to order a half rack of Spicy Jack imported back ribs.
Quote:
I assume that was Beef ( unfortunately, I dont eat it. Would love to try it if something similar is served in mutton).
Pork and only pork it has to be for back ribs. Blindfolded, you would never ever guess it. As they say, it is all in the mind only.
Old 14th January 2013, 00:01   #5189

Quote:
I love it when someone uses artsy words to describe a great dish. Perfect words used to describe a steak/grilled meat

I assume that was Beef ( unfortunately, I dont eat it. Would love to try it if something similar is served in mutton)....For some reason,I am fascinated by steaks and love the Man vs. Food show where Adam Sandler visits the southern states of US for these Steaky delights

Been to TGIF a few years back during happy hours when it had initially opened and was taken aback by its pricing as most dishes are priced in range of Rs.500-Rs.1000 which is a bit too much even for the well heeled
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Pork and only pork it has to be for back ribs. Blindfolded, you would never ever guess it. As they say, it is all in the mind only.
You got that right, hyd_traveller ! It was, and it has to be pork ! Imagine digging into the back rib of beef !!! You'd need an electric saw !!!

And mobike008 sir ji, its Adam Richman on Man Vs Food. Adam Sandler is the funny guy from American Pie series !!!
Old 14th January 2013, 07:38   #5190
BHPian

Quote:
Adam Sandler is the funny guy from American Pie series !!!
That would be Jason Biggs.

Any update on the Bahaar at Begumpet? Is it open?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks