Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 09:55   #5191
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Adam Richman. Adam Sandler does funny guy roles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
And mobike008 sir ji, its Adam Richman on Man Vs Food. Adam Sandler is the funny guy from American Pie series !!!
My bad, I meant Richman but, wrote Sandler. That guy has some serious love for food and totally love his challenges

Adamn Sandler is not part of the American Pie series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Any update on the Bahaar at Begumpet? Is it open?
It's not yet open. Reason? Bajaj Saab being a fan of Bahar Biryani would have digged into it and reported back here
Old 17th January 2013, 16:05   #5192
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening picked up a "Fish Tikka" and "Mutton Fry Gravy" from Paradise IMAX

Both equally priced at Rs.160

Fish Tikka was good but, a bit bland and heavy scent of sounf and also a bit gravyish. I still vote for Fish Tikka from Pakwaan as a better version, while there are many other places which make the real FT. You know the perfectly crisp, charcoled tikkas which are crisp on outside and soft in inside

MFG was quite good and unlike Mutton Tikka Masala was with bone. A perfect dish to go with rotis or rice.
Old 18th January 2013, 10:54   #5193
BHPian

Only Roti, Behind Gurudwara, Ameerpet : 3 Rotis for 10/-
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-onlyroti.jpg
Old 20th January 2013, 20:57   #5194
BHPian

A new place opened this week. Owned by my friends, Anirudh and Chaitanya this is opp Madhapur police station.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-beach-house.jpg
Old 21st January 2013, 21:12   #5195

Grabbed a Chicken Shawarma from Kababish Yousufguda earlier today, on the run. They've raised the price to Rs.65/- each. And they're doing it in only 1 rumali rotirather than two, as is usually the norm. I requested the guy making it to stuff it a little more with the chicken and salad mix, and he obliged. He smeared the fresh and hot rumali roti with their yummmmm garlic mayonnaise, added the chicken and salad, rolled it, wrapped it in butter-paper, and it was ready to have. Was so hungry, gobbled it down in minutes. The fact that it was simply wonderful helped with the speed. Especially people who like their food with minimum spice will love it.
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:48   #5196
BHPian

Ohri's Ruci & Idoni, opposite Rainbow Hospital, above Godrej's Nature Basket, next to City Center Mall, Road No. 10, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad :

1) O's R&I have come out with an offer on pizza and lemonade.

2) The deal is available at http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/hyder...i-idoni/239749
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-groupon.jpg

3) The voucher looks like this :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-vouchercoupon.jpg

4) I used 2 coupons for lunch today for Rs. 398/- which entitled me to 2 pitchers of lemonades (must be 500-600ml sized and do not go there expecting a jug full) and 2 pizzas (11" aka medium and available only in thin crust).

5) Classic Lemonade : simple straightforward nice drink
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-classiclemonade.jpg

6) Raw Mango Mint Lemonade : a bit like Jal-Jeera but without salt, very nice
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-rawmangomintlemonade.jpg

7) Pizza Supreme : quite a quantity of chicken, turkey ham was very delicious, enjoyable (excuse the bad photograph)
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-pizzasupreme.jpg

8) Smoked Chicken Pizza : pretty nice and different as they garnished it with chilled crisp lettuce
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-smokedchickenpizza.jpg

9) The Menu : The only other pizza in the n/v offer is Meditteraneo (no idea about the names of the veg ones but there were 2 veg ones on offer)
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-pizzamenu.jpg

10) Timelines : Was seated within a minute of entry. Menu was handed over within another minute or so. Water was served immediately after that (though they wanted me to buy a bottle of water since I wanted my water very chilled but then they had a change of mind and told me that they will add ice to the room temperature water they had served, ice arrived within a minute thereafter). Order was taken within 5 minutes after I got the menu (no, I did not get it on a tab as they claim). Lemonades were served within 5 minutes after taking the order and the first pizza within 15 minutes and second pizza within 20 minutes. They asked me for feedback after I finished my lunch and offered me some home made type chocolates while I filled the form.

11) Overall a nice experience. Had gone with ZERO expectations after the poor experience of RanjitP1 and self earlier but was pleasantly surprised to see them being efficient and warm and serving good food at throw away prices.
Will I go back? Yes, I will. I have already purchased a few more vouchers and will definitely go back.

12) Caution : Only Thin Crust Pizza are on offer.
Old 23rd January 2013, 17:31   #5197
BHPian

STRICTLY MEANT FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT MIND SPENDING 777/- ON A WEEKDAY LUNCH :

Jewel of Nizam Restaurant in Hotel Golkonda has amazing Haleem and Biryani (their ratio between mutton and rice is to be seen to be believed) and also many other Dakhni Nizami dishes.

They have started an express set-menu lunch on weekdays :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-golkonda.jpg

They also have a sunday lunch buffet priced at 820/- per head which includes their signature dishes like Haleem and Biryani. Of course, the quantity of mutton in biryani on sundays may not match their a-la-carte or set-menu biryani (simply because other patrons may decide to eat all the mutton and leave the rice behind).
Old 23rd January 2013, 18:07   #5198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Jewel of Nizam Restaurant in Hotel Golkonda
We are planning to visit Jewels of Nizam at Golconda next tuesday evening for dinner. Let's see if their biryani beats the Taj Banjara one

Yesterday was our anniversary, so we decided go to a special place.

After lot of thinking and recommendations pouring in, we honed down to the Lake-Side restuarant of Taj Banjara

Ambience

The ambience is simply wonderful with dim lightings and all tables place right by the lake side with each table having a lit candle to ooze a surreal feeling. Super duper ambience for a special dinner for sure

Service

It was brilliant to say the least. Extremely attentive and the waiter even offered mixed snacks in one dish to ensure we have some variety and charge the lower price

Food

We ordered a host of snacks like Kakori Kebab, Mutton Shikampur, Tawa Fish and Lucknowi Chicken. Each and every item was succellent, melt in the mouth with a special mention to the Shikampur which was the highlight. Btw, quanity of each snack is quite small. Hence, you need to order more than a few dishes.

Snacks are priced in the range of Rs.525 to Rs.750 per dish

Despite being full, we decided to order a mutton biryani which is priced at Rs.625 as we really wanted to taste it in this 5* hotel.

As we had ordered so many snacks, the quantity sufficed but, it was shockingly low and tasted like it was scooped out of a buffet spread. It was good, but, no way worth the price they were charging for it.

Drinks

We ordered a host of mocktails to keep us busy for the 3.5 hours that we spent at the serene, calm and beautiful location. And, each and every drink was extremely well-made

Surprise : We were on phone initially for a bit of time and waiter overheard a bit of our conversation and when our bill was presented, he got us a nice big creamy cake garnished with black grapes and watermelon (initially looked like strawberries) fruit as toppings. Really sweet of them

Total Damages : Rs,6,000 ( inclusive of their long list of taxes like VAT, Service Tax, Service Charge, Education Cess etc and also a Rs.500 tip)

Overall : Really worth the spend for that special occasion dinner

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd January 2013 at 18:17.
Old 23rd January 2013, 22:56   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
We are planning to visit Jewels of Nizam at Golconda next tuesday evening for dinner.
Interesting coincidence. I am also planning to visit the same venue as it happens to be the birthday of my friend from down south and also another friends' wife's birthday that day. I have a strong feeling that both may jointly host me. Looks like we will bump into each other there.

Had my lunch today at Infinity (or is it Infiniti), below Citibank, opposite Police Station Begumpet. Used an online deal which entitled me to get 2 lunch buffet for 333/-.

Nice place. Bluish light ambiance. One wall of mirrors to give a spacious feeling.

The manager there looked familiar and sometimes before dessert could not resist asking him whether he resembles a captain from Sholay. Well, he was the same guy and he also remembered me.

Back to food, the buffet consists of more than 50 dishes which include 2 types of chutnies, 1 pickle, 5 types of papad and so on.

Veg Talumein Soup and Cream of Chicken Soup. Veg soup was impossible to eat unless one loves gorging on chillies.

Veg cutlets (hara bhara kabab), paneer something, ginger chicken. Veg snacks were good. The mint chutney was containing curd but was as hot as Bade Miyan's chutney despite the curd.

Carrot, Cucumber, Onion, Tomato, Chillies in salad and another 3 salads were there. Carrots looked like they were sliced a couple of days back.

4 types of papad and another plate (5th one) was a mix of the first three varieties. Nice way to increase the count of dishes.

Paneer dish, mix veg dish, a green veg dish, palak dal formed the main course. Also was available Nellore Fish Curry (boneless pieces).

A chinese gravy and chinese fried rice. Pasta and Veg Au Gratin.

Veg Pulao, White Rice, Chicken Biryani, Mirchi Salan, Raita, Curd, 2 chutnies, 1 pickle, sambar, etc. were there.

Gulab Jamun, Gajar Halwa, Watermelon, Pineapple and Vanilla IceCream completed the meal.

Sambar was tasting of raw masala. Green Chillies in Mirchi Salan were raw.

On the whole, ok-ok food and decent for discounted price of 167/- per head but will I go back at their official price of 249++? NO, NO, NO.

Only reason is their chef and cooks for not going back. Front end staff were efficient and courteous and quick to the core.

Final Sum Up : I may eat there if I am passing by and do not feel like continuing to Sholay (who has lunch buffet for 199/-).
Old 23rd January 2013, 23:04   #5200
Team-BHP Support

Picked some food from Prince, MehdiPatnam.

Excellent dinner.
A chicken biryani with the softest chicken. It was not one huge leg piece but a mix of necks and wings. Loved it as these are my favorite parts. The quantity of rice and chicken for Rs 100 is awesome.

Also picked up a grilled chicken and some beef kebabs. The boti pieces were a little hard. But the talahua was very nice. This total came to Rs 245.

Its one of the best places for takeaway.
Old 24th January 2013, 00:49   #5201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Excellent dinner.
A chicken biryani with the softest chicken. It was not one huge leg piece but a mix of necks and wings. Loved it as these are my favorite parts.
So there is someone besides my wife who throws away leg / breast pieces and goes for legs and wings!
Old 24th January 2013, 09:22   #5202
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Ohri's Ruci & Idoni, opposite Rainbow Hospital, above Godrej's Nature Basket, next to City Center Mall, Road No. 10, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad :
Thanks for the review. Was very curious about this place after noticing it while waiting at the hospital across the street(little nephew got his chin glued/stitched after a small incident at Runway 9).

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2013 at 14:57. Reason: Please dont quote an entire post for a short reply. Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 15:03   #5203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
We are planning to visit Jewels of Nizam at Golconda next tuesday evening for dinner. Let's see if their biryani beats the Taj Banjara one

Yesterday was our anniversary, so we decided go to a special place.

After lot of thinking and recommendations pouring in, we honed down to the Lake-Side restuarant of Taj Banjara

Kabab-E-Bahar is one of my favorite places. Love the food, love the ambiance but hey, why eat biryani in a place like that.

After all those great snacks, rogan josh with their tandoori rotis is what I normally eat.

Great food for a special occasion.

Also, a close friend of mine is associated with a new restaurant in Begumpet called Infinity. It's in the basement of Queen's Plaza (I think that's the name of the building, just before the foot overbridge near the Airtel office.

Great food, value for money, its multi-cuisine but if you're ever there, try the stuffed kulchas with their rogan josh and their methi-chaman.

Am not a big eater of Indian food out of the house, but I would definitely recommend this place!

Last edited by bblost : 24th January 2013 at 15:29. Reason: back 2 back
Old 24th January 2013, 16:02   #5204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting coincidence. I am also planning to visit the same venue as it happens to be the birthday of my friend from down south and also another friends' wife's birthday that day
Great. Look forward to meeting you at JON next tuesday evening. Our menu is also kind of decided

Mutton Shikampuri ( Had it at JON before, its simply mindblowing)
Mutton Biryani

And, some veg snack and curries for mom

Btw, If i recall correctly, you mentioned the biryani is priced at Rs.650 here? ....true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Where exactly is this place? Been hearing about it a lot. Will do a take-away soon.
Old 24th January 2013, 16:08   #5205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
So there is someone besides my wife who throws away leg / breast pieces and goes for legs and wings!
Breast piece of chicken is a strict no-no. Does not absorb any masala. The tastiest meat is the one which is attached to bone. Wings, neck and leg are my favorites.

Quote:
Had my lunch today at Infinity (or is it Infiniti), below Citibank, opposite Police Station Begumpet. Used an online deal which entitled me to get 2 lunch buffet for 333/-.

Nice place. Bluish light ambiance. One wall of mirrors to give a spacious feeling.

On the whole, ok-ok food and decent for discounted price of 167/- per head but will I go back at their official price of 249++? NO, NO, NO.

Only reason is their chef and cooks for not going back. Front end staff were efficient and courteous and quick to the core.

Final Sum Up : I may eat there if I am passing by and do not feel like continuing to Sholay (who has lunch buffet for 199/-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
Also, a close friend of mine is associated with a new restaurant in Begumpet called Infinity. It's in the basement of Queen's Plaza (I think that's the name of the building, just before the foot overbridge near the Airtel office.

Great food, value for money, its multi-cuisine but if you're ever there, try the stuffed kulchas with their rogan josh and their methi-chaman.

Am not a big eater of Indian food out of the house, but I would definitely recommend this place!
G_Ambymad: hyd_traveller reviewed Infiniti 6 posts before yours. You may give the feedback to your friend.

@mobike: Avi, it is in the complex to right when you are going towards Mehdipatnam police station. Or take a left when you are coming from Sarvi, it is on your left hand side.

The chicken biryani is truly excellent and succulent. I loved it everytime I went there. Even the grilled chicken is very good.

Last edited by NoRules : 24th January 2013 at 16:12.

Most Viewed