Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 09:44   #5221
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
What is the kind of menu you are planning? How many starters?

I do not think Pearl regency and Quality Inn Pearl have banquet halls that can accommodate 350 people and parking will also be an issue.
Looking at 3 starters, 1 welcome drink, main course to have a combination of veg/non veg items ( 2-3 options ), 2/3 dessert items.

We got an initial quote of Rs.445+taxes from Pearl Regency, but am not sure of whats on offer. Waiting to get a detailed quote from them today. Quality Inn too offered a similar price.

Need to check out the places myself this week and see if they are capable of hosting so many people at a time.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:06   #5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Hello all,

I am looking at arranging a dinner buffet at some 3/4/5 star hotel for approx 300-350 people. Budget is likely ~ Rs.650/- per head inclusive of all taxes.
Most of the hotels do not have such a capacity and am still searching. Could you suggest some place?
There is this Minerva Grand on Road No.11, Banjara Hills, in the lane opp. Care Hospital on Road No.1. They may be able to accomodate your gathering. The food is excellent, service too is top notch. Maybe you can sound them out. Here are the details for you to contact them :

Hotel Minerva Grand Banjara,

8-2-616,Road No 11,Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad - 500 034,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Tel.: + 91 40 6719 8888 / 6612 7373
Fax: + 91 40 6612 7333
E-mail: resvbanjara@minervagrand.com
Old 28th January 2013, 11:13   #5223
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea hows Hotel Pearl Regency
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
I do not think Pearl regency have banquet halls that can accommodate 350 people and parking will also be an issue.
Is Hotel Pearl Regency the same one at the end of the new bridge at Lakdi Ka Pul behind Rayalseema Ruchulu? 350 attendees means 150+ guest vehicles. I doubt it that this hotel can manage such a rush of vehicles. I think you need to pay serious attention to vehicle parking while confirming your booking.
Quote:
Looking at 3 starters, 1 welcome drink, main course to have a combination of veg/non veg items ( 2-3 options ), 2/3 dessert items.
I guess your menu would need to be : 1 welcome drink, 2 veg starters, 1 n/v starter, 1 veg soup, 1 n/v main course, 1 n/v biryani (or a 2nd n/v main course), 1 paneer dish, 3 veg main courses, 1 veg pulao, dal, sambar, curd, raita, salan, pickles, chutneys, papads, 2/3 salads, rice, 2/3 types Indian breads, 1 Indian hot dessert, 1 ice cream and 1 cold dessert and/or 1/2 types cut fruit.

Such a menu would be cheaper in a star hotel than hiring a place and getting catering done.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:28   #5224
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

I am looking at arranging a dinner buffet at some 3/4/5 star hotel for approx 300-350 people. Budget is likely ~ Rs.650/- per head inclusive of all taxes.
Most of the hotels do not have such a capacity and am still searching. Could you suggest some place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

I guess your menu would need to be : 1 welcome drink, 2 veg starters, 1 n/v starter, 1 veg soup, 1 n/v main course, 1 n/v biryani (or a 2nd n/v main course), 1 paneer dish, 3 veg main courses, 1 veg pulao, dal, sambar, curd, raita, salan, pickles, chutneys, papads, 2/3 salads, rice, 2/3 types Indian breads, 1 Indian hot dessert, 1 ice cream and 1 cold dessert and/or 1/2 types cut fruit.

Such a menu would be cheaper in a star hotel than hiring a place and getting catering done.
With the above said menu, you could try Novotel in Hitex. We usually have our office gatherings and staff meetings here. I am not sure of the exact price per person but it will fall in your budget. The halls are big and can easily accomodate all of your guests. Plenty of parking space. Hall charges/sound system/projector etc with additional cost.

May be you can ask for a corporate discount but ISB isn't exactly a one, is it?
Old 28th January 2013, 11:46   #5225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
There is this Minerva Grand on Road No.11, Banjara Hills, in the lane opp. Care Hospital on Road No.1. They may be able to accomodate your gathering. The food is excellent, service too is top notch. Maybe you can sound them out. Here are the details for you to contact them :

Hotel Minerva Grand Banjara,

8-2-616,Road No 11,Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad - 500 034,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Tel.: + 91 40 6719 8888 / 6612 7373
Fax: + 91 40 6612 7333
E-mail: resvbanjara@minervagrand.com
Had contacted them yesterday. They are booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Is Hotel Pearl Regency the same one at the end of the new bridge at Lakdi Ka Pul behind Rayalseema Ruchulu? 350 attendees means 150+ guest vehicles. I doubt it that this hotel can manage such a rush of vehicles. I think you need to pay serious attention to vehicle parking while confirming your booking.

Yes that is the one. And we are not looking to hire a place and get catering. We want everything to be done by a star hotel itself. Thanks for the detailed menu suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
With the above said menu, you could try Novotel in Hitex. We usually have our office gatherings and staff meetings here. I am not sure of the exact price per person but it will fall in your budget. The halls are big and can easily accomodate all of your guests. Plenty of parking space. Hall charges/sound system/projector etc with additional cost.

May be you can ask for a corporate discount but ISB isn't exactly a one, is it?

Novotel too is booked. And btw, I am a victim of ICFAI Business School (IBS) and not ISB

Some updates :-

Been getting quotes from few hotels since morning. The total number of people have shot up to 500 now, and so has our budget. Typically looking at Rs.800-Rs.1000/- per person, all inclusive.

Mansarovar The Fern has quoted Rs. 925/- for the below mentioned menu

2 welcome drink
2 veg starter
2 non veg starter
3 veg main course
3 non-veg main course
3 dessert item
White rice, sambar, Curd, pickle, papad, 2 salads, 1 dal, 2 Indian breads.

Sounds decent to me, still working on the price though.

Awaiting quotes from Katriya, Golconda Resort and Regenta One.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:58   #5226
BHPian

Quote:
Been getting quotes from few hotels since morning. The total number of people have shot up to 500 now, and so has our budget. Typically looking at Rs.800-Rs.1000/- per person, all inclusive.

Forget Novotel or any other 5 stars. They are still beyond your budget.

Katriya is a good choice. Ample parking for you but will cause severe inconvenience to Vnabhi as Katriya valets block his gate. They do bargain hard so you need to show your skills of MBA that you are learning.

Hotel Golkonda at Masab Tank also negotiates heavily so be patient with them. Not ample parking but efficient valet system there will take care.

Talk to Hotel Square at Paryatak Bhawan. Ample parking. Insist on speaking to Mr Praful, their GM, and quote the review that you have read on eat thread of TBHP (which was my sunday lunch buffet review : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3025627). He will be very accommodating (he was earlier GM of Katriya and is trying to revive the hotel business).

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 28th January 2013 at 12:07.
Old 28th January 2013, 12:13   #5227
Distinguished - BHPian

My recommendation for a 500 people gathering, regular hotels wont be that much fun.

Move the event to LUNCH

And, choose places like Golconda Resort, Pragati Resort and such....

You can have an extensive buffet for that price and you can have a great full day outing too considering they will throw in a lot of freebies like free games, swimming, high tea etc.

500 people crammed for dinner in a hotel (even if its a huge 5 Star) is more of a nightmarish experience than a joyful evening.

Just my two cents !!!
Old 28th January 2013, 12:22   #5228
BHPian

Quote:

For that number of people and the menu you shared above, Taj Banjara will give it to you at 750/- and Vivanta will give it at 850/- to 900/-

You can also try Green Park. Should get it for less than 800/-

Ohri's Tansen had Kashmiri Wazwaan food festival last week. We thought they had a buffet but it turned out to be a la carte only. Three of us ordered the following:

Lamb Kebaba and Kanti Murgh for starters. Pic of menu with description and rates given below. Quantity of the Kebaba was huge. Some 18 pieces of minced meat kebab - nice and spicy. Kanti Murgh was also very tasty.

For main course we ordered Goasthaba and Bakarkhani roti.

All the items were pretty good and not very expensive. Total bill came to around Rs.1250/-

Pics:

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20130127_125510.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20130127_131037.jpg

Attachment 1043668

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20130127_132904.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20130127_133234.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th January 2013 at 13:56. Reason: Edited out the picture with beer in it.
Old 28th January 2013, 12:30   #5229

Quote:

2 welcome drink
2 veg starter
2 non veg starter
3 veg main course
3 non-veg main course
3 dessert item
White rice, sambar, Curd, pickle, papad, 2 salads, 1 dal, 2 Indian breads.

Sounds decent to me, still working on the price though.

Did you get a chance to sound out Raddison Blu in Banjara Hills Road No. 6 ?

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills

8-2-409, Rd No. 6 Banjara Hills
Hyderabad 500034, India
Tel: +91 40 6733 1133
Tel: +91 40 4911 1133
Fax: +91 40 6733 1122
Email:reservations.hyderabad@radisson.com

Last edited by Honda2k : 28th January 2013 at 12:35.
Old 28th January 2013, 15:37   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if Katriya can confortable accomodate 500 ppl. I had been to their facility for a friends reception and the hall looked choked with hardly around 300-350 ppl around. Also, the food is arranged at the garden outside and its quite haphazardly done with dishes arranged at all corners without any thought to the the order at which they will be consumed. It was not too tasty either. Dont know if this is a one off affair. I remember going to their restaurant 4-5 years ago and I distinctly remember that their food was awesome. Dont know if their quality has come down over years.
Old 28th January 2013, 16:17   #5231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

We got an initial quote of Rs.445+taxes from Pearl Regency, but am not sure of whats on offer. Waiting to get a detailed quote from them today. Quality Inn too offered a similar price.

Need to check out the places myself this week and see if they are capable of hosting so many people at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I am not sure if Katriya can confortable accomodate 500 ppl. I had been to their facility for a friends reception and the hall looked choked with hardly around 300-350 ppl around. Also, the food is arranged at the garden outside and its quite haphazardly done with dishes arranged at all corners without any thought to the the order at which they will be consumed. It was not too tasty either. Dont know if this is a one off affair. I remember going to their restaurant 4-5 years ago and I distinctly remember that their food was awesome. Dont know if their quality has come down over years.
Yes 5 years back they were part of the ITC Fortune group and the place was brilliant and then the place began to fall apart and is in its present condition.The food at their restaurant-Orchid(iirc) was brilliant as well.

500 is too much of a crowd for any hotel to handle,my reccomendation would be to scout for exclusive banquet places.My other suggestion would be to check out Chiraan Fort(the same place where Fern is) and make use of their lawns or maybe speak to Fern and find out if they can set something up for you guys on the lawn.
Old 29th January 2013, 08:31   #5232
BHPian

Originally Posted by Motormania

You could look at N-Convention too. They have a large convention hall, plus a couple of smaller venues within their facility.

Other ideas - The Tajs

Taj Krishna, Lawns & The Grand Ballroom, easily takes 500. They also have another hall called Emerald I think that should take that many. Taj Banjara Lawns too will easily work

PM me if you would like me to speak to both N or Taj. Have contacts there who could help
Old 29th January 2013, 11:01   #5233
BHPian

# Typically looking at Rs.800-Rs.1000/- per person, all inclusive.

# You could look at N-Convention too. Taj Krishna, Lawns & The Grand Ballroom, easily takes 500. They also have another hall called Emerald I think that should take that many. Taj Banjara Lawns too will easily work

# PM me if you would like me to speak to both N or Taj. Have contacts there who could help.

# Does either of N and Taj Krishna even talk of rates below 1K per head?
Old 29th January 2013, 15:21   #5234
BHPian

Beach House -Madhapur

Went for lunch here ,this place in behind choclate room (no rules pasted a pic in the earlier post as well)

Nice simple decor ,would be lovely during the evenings

There is a inr 299+ lunch buffet (did not try as the menu was not very inspiring)

We did a-la-carte and ordered the following:-

- Chicken Hot n Sour Soup
- Onion Chicken
-Veg Hara bhara kebab
- Egg fried rice
- Chicken in some spicy sauce
- Veg manchurian.

Overall the food is okish ,liked the onion chicken (was more like the chicken version of appollo fish)

Service is quick.

One of the owners (Chaitanya ) came over to check if everthing was ok.

The menu is pretty limited (mostly indo chinese and andhra dishes),The decor gives you a feel there would be mediterranean food (which is not the case)

Total bill for 4 -INR 913 (including tax and service charge)

The sit out area on the 1st floor can be a nice place for a t-bhp meet during the evenings is what i reckon.
Old 29th January 2013, 15:59   #5235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Beach House -Madhapur
RR, Beach House is owned by one of the friends of NoRules (Ravikanth). He has already suggested a meet at Beach House.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks