Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 16:25   #5236
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Me along with my school friends had been for dinner yesterday at Spice, Habsiguda as it was one of my buddy's birthday. It is one of our usual hangouts as my friends are spread across the city and this is one convenient place for all of us. It is located right at the 'X' roads adjoining Hotel Blue Orchid.

The wooden decor is quite good with good views of the chaotic traffic flowing underneath. AC was quite chilly and we had to request the waiter to set it to more moderate temperatures. Tables were quite neat and the chairs were ok ok tyoes. But sofas would have been very comfortable. 7 out of 10 for their ambience.

First the starters:
French Fries, Chicken Chatpata, Apollo Fish, Gobi Manchurian

All these dishes except the french fries were served with lot of finely cut green chillies. The french fries was served with a generous seasoning of chilly powder. All of them were quite spicy but generous in quantity. Chicken was quite good and at 150 bucks, it was VFM. Fish was priced at 180 bucks. French fries were quite crispy and all the dishes went well with the liquids that we were consuming . I would rate all of the starters a 8 out of 10 on taste and a 9 out of 10 on quantity.

For main course, we had Egg biryani and Chicken Biryani. Both of them of very good quantity with each dish sufficient for 2 average eaters.
Chicken pieces were soft and could be separated very easily from the bones. Rice was of good quality and the salaan served alongwith complimented the Biryani very well. Egg biryani was served with two whole bolied eggs and the taste was quite consistent. Overall a no nonsense affair when it came to Biryani.

For those at the eastern part of the city, this is one place I would recommend. Athough the Swagath that is nearby scores better in all aspects except quantity, this place is not far behind.

Food bill for 5 came to around 1200 bucks.

Last edited by racer_ash : 29th January 2013 at 16:32. Reason: Added more info
Old 30th January 2013, 00:27   #5237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

# Does either of N and Taj Krishna even talk of rates below 1K per head?

They might, if I ask nice.

PM me your number, will call you and take all details and then speak to them. I need more info from you before I speak to them.

Cheers,

G
Old 30th January 2013, 08:30   #5238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
I am looking at arranging a dinner buffet at some 3/4/5 star hotel for approx 300-350 people. Budget is likely ~ Rs.650/- per head inclusive of all taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
PM me your number, will call you and take all details and then speak to them. I need more info from you before I speak to them.
Hi Gautam, It is not me looking to host the event but it is Motormania.

Motormania, please PM G-AmbyMad and you will be able to get an offer and finalise a deal which you can never ever imagine as being possible. Man, this guy has got the contacts at the right places.
Old 30th January 2013, 11:33   #5239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Beach House -Madhapur

Went for lunch here ,this place in behind choclate room (no rules pasted a pic in the earlier post as well)
The sit out area on the 1st floor can be a nice place for a t-bhp meet during the evenings is what i reckon.
Yeah, Chaitanya texted me that you went there with someone he knew - Vishal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
RR, Beach House is owned by one of the friends of NoRules (Ravikanth). He has already suggested a meet at Beach House.
Lets plan a dinner meet at Beach House soon.

Avi, Bajaj Saab - What say?
Old 30th January 2013, 12:00   #5240
BHPian

Beach House, Madhapur
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
A new place opened this week. Owned by my friends, Anirudh and Chaitanya this is opp Madhapur police station.Attachment 1040647
Quote:
NoRules, about Beach House, can you share the lunch buffet menu which is priced @ 229/-++. Thanks!
What is the menu? What is the all inclusive price per head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Beach House -Madhapur

There is a inr 299+ lunch buffet (did not try as the menu was not very inspiring)

Overall the food is okish

Service is quick.

The menu is pretty limited (mostly indo chinese and andhra dishes)

The sit out area on the 1st floor can be a nice place for a t-bhp meet during the evenings is what i reckon.
Is it 229 or 299, of course, ++?
Quote:
Lets plan a dinner meet at Beach House soon.

Avi, Bajaj Saab - What say?
If I follow all the posts in a sequence about Beach House and keep RR's review in mind, this eatery does not seem inspiring enough to make me want to go there.

However, unless I/we all give them a chance, we cannot as yet conclude that they are only average.

I am pretty desperately looking for above average eateries in that area which fit my budget so lets do it, Ravikanth. I get to stake it out.

Please fix a date and do not keep it around mid Feb as Valentines Day is a costly date at a personal level and that leaves no funds for TBHP meets.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:01   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gautam, It is not me looking to host the event but it is Motormania.

Motormania, please PM G-AmbyMad and you will be able to get an offer and finalise a deal which you can never ever imagine as being possible. Man, this guy has got the contacts at the right places.

Oops. My bad!!!!!

Motormania, please PM me with your number in case you're still looking!
Old 30th January 2013, 12:53   #5242
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday was wife's birthday so we decided to visit "Jewels of Nizam" at Hotel Golconda for dinner. Mom also accompanied us.

When I didnt give my car for valet. They were looking at me wierdly. I told them if Michael Schumacher offers to park my car; i'll not hand the keys over even to him. Not that they knew who was Shcumacher

Ambience

One of the lovely ambience that i have experienced. Beautiful lighting, Royal Feeling and great cutlery. Place is a bit small but, nicely decorated with live ghazals to give you and your food company

Service
Was very attentive and quite prompt. No complaints there. Infact, we even got a small bowl of chicken biryani served for tasting when I asked our waiter which is more famous from their Chicken and Mutton Biryani.

Food
we ordered the following :-

Barkas Patthar Ka Ghosth
Mutton Shikampur
Hara Bara Kebabs
Paneer Tikka
Dum Subz
Breads
Mutton Biryani
Onion Kheer

NV snacks are priced around Rs.380 and Veg at Rs.280. Breads are Rs.75 each

Mutton Biryani is priced at Rs.455 and Veg Biryani at Rs.355 ( Didnt order this)

Beverages were priced from Rs.250 onwards and we had a whole lot of mocktails to give the great food company.

BPKG was outstanding and loved the melt in the mouth meat. I must confess, here you should not order Chicken or Fish as their meat dishes are really good

MS is their signature dish. We had it earlier on a couple of occassions too and loved it to the core.

Veggie dishes were also superlative and mom throughly enjoyed the food and the overall ambience.

Mutton Biryani was the king of the evening and was one of the best that I had. When I compare this with what we were served at Kebab-e-Bahar at Taj Banjara the latter was a joke. We were also served a small bowl for tasting their chicken biryani. Honestly, I am not a fan of CB, but, I liked it better than the mutton biryani.

We wrapped up the whole food experience with their unique and signature sweet dish made from Onions and is priced at Rs.215. Crazy, Weird, Unique and Tasty

It's a great place to go for that special evening.

Total Damages (inclusive of all taxes and tip) : Rs.4675

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th January 2013 at 12:56.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 15:14   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
We wrapped up the whole food experience with their unique and signature sweet dish made from Onions and is priced at Rs.215. Crazy, Weird, Unique and Tasty.
My mom used to make it (Onion Halwa) around two decades back when we shifted to Hyderabad but has now totally forgotten it and its recipe also.
Old 30th January 2013, 16:29   #5244
BHPian

Quote:
Beach House, Madhapur

What is the menu? What is the all inclusive price per head?

Is it 229 or 299, of course, ++?

If I follow all the posts in a sequence about Beach House and keep RR's review in mind, this eatery does not seem inspiring enough to make me want to go there.

However, unless I/we all give them a chance, we cannot as yet conclude that they are only average.

I am pretty desperately looking for above average eateries in that area which fit my budget so lets do it, Ravikanth. I get to stake it out.

Please fix a date and do not keep it around mid Feb as Valentines Day is a costly date at a personal level and that leaves no funds for TBHP meets.
Bajaj saab,

Even I am not sure of the price and menu as I have not been there after the launch though we have ordered door delivery few times.

The concept behind Beach House is to have a centrally located place (in new Hyd) with upmarket feel and slightly expensive than Bar One Restaurant. Menu will be mostly kebabs, biryani, Chinese, Indian and Andhra dishes. The pricing should be around 10-20% more than Bar One.

I have attended several tasting sessions, got catering done by them, attended few parties there and also ordered take away. The food is pretty good - though the menu, as RR said, might not be extensive. This is a place to hang out with friends without spending heavily.

As you said, we cannot comment unless we taste. So lets plan a dinner get together. I will get a great menu at excellent price for us.

When do you think we should do this? This weekend? Avi? Nikhil?

Last edited by NoRules : 30th January 2013 at 16:31.
Old 30th January 2013, 16:50   #5245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When do you think we should do this? This weekend? Avi? Nikhil?
This weekend not possible for me. Drive meet on Sunday

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ts-thread.html

More than Beach House, I am interested in a dinner meet at Nizam Club. If that happens, count me in.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:24   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
This weekend not possible for me. Drive meet on Sunday

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ts-thread.html

More than Beach House, I am interested in a dinner meet at Nizam Club. If that happens, count me in.
Oh yeah. Forgot about the meet.

Nizam club does not excite me anymore. The quality has deteriorated a lot over the years and even their biryani is not so good now a days. I was there couple of weeks back and the fried snacks had bad smell (from oil) and we returned 2 dishes.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:52   #5247
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week, we visited "Utupura" for the very first time, can you beileve it?

We passed by many times and since we both are not fond of Malayalam food that much, we always used to take a rain check and end up in a north indian restuarant

We entered and found the place to be set up in a small house on the first floor. Ambience is a lot like Sai Ram Mess, Begumpet. Pricing is a bit steep compared to the below average ambience

As we couldnt make out anything from the menu, we left ourselves in the hands of the malyalam lady who seemed to be owner of that place, she recommended the following :-

Pepper Mutton Fry ( Rs.240)

It was loaded with meat, coconut, leafy veggies. It was ok but, nothing great

Avoli Fish ( Rs.275)

This supposedly is their signature dish and we both loved it. Lots of red masala with a whole fish that was fried/baked nicely in that leafy wrap. Must try

Above was consumed with 2 Appams and 2 Parota. Appams are always good, I dont like the hard rubbery parota. Appams were priced at Rs.10 and Parota at Rs.15. Dead Cheap !!!

Above was washed down with Fresh Lime Soda ( Rs.25). Btw, they keep a mineral water on your table as soon as you come and i thought it was complimentary but, no it was not. I made a point to them ( in a loud voice) that they should ask before serving the bottle.

Overall, it was a nice experience but, food was a lot so we carried half of PMF back home. Next time, only appams and Avoli Fish

Total Damages : Rs.700 or something

Pepper Mutton Fry. Presentation was not great

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013012600401.jpg

Avoli Fish. Nice presentation
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013012600400.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st January 2013 at 11:53.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:18   #5248
BHPian

Hey Mobike008,

The guys there are good at sales ,guess the " water bottle" is a new one , being your first time I am assuming the fish and mutton was recommended by the server.The fish is refereed to as "Meen Polichattu" and is the priciest dish on their menu was always the recommendation for fist timers .Food quality has pretty much been consistent at utupura excpet for their onam day lunch .
Old 31st January 2013, 14:52   #5249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4 View Post
The fish is refereed to as "Meen Polichattu" and is the priciest dish on their menu was always the recommendation for fist timers .Food quality has pretty much been consistent at utupura excpet for their onam day lunch .
I think that's the name of the dish. All names sounded same to me on the menu so I relied on the lady's advice.

Rs.275 for that dish is a little too heavy on pocket.

Will go in a few days and eat the same dish (MEEN POLICHATTU) again
Old 31st January 2013, 19:25   #5250
BHPian

Quote:

I think that's the name of the dish. All names sounded same to me on the menu so I relied on the lady's advice.

Rs.275 for that dish is a little too heavy on pocket.

Will go in a few days and eat the same dish (MEEN POLICHATTU) again
try prawn polichattu ie prawns with same masala cooked in banana leaf. I always have either that one or the fish version at Uttupura.

Btw speaking of mallu food could anyone tell me how is Kairali at Gacchibowli?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks