Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 22:31   #5251
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rs.275 for that dish is a little too heavy on pocket.
Karimeen Pollichathu (Pearl Spot fish prepared in the same way) is a signature dish for tourists even if you visit Kerala. No wonder it is expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Btw speaking of mallu food could anyone tell me how is Kairali at Gacchibowli?
Kairali has a Dhabha / Mess kind of decor, good for a quick lunch if you like Malayali food, but nothing great. Food is very economical compared to other Kerala restaurants in Hyd - Uttupura and Kerala Kitchen at Kondapur. The location and the economy factor makes it very popular among Malayali Techies around.

Last edited by rknair : 31st January 2013 at 22:35.
Old 31st January 2013, 22:37   #5252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
Grabbed a Chicken Shawarma from Kababish Yousufguda earlier today, on the run. They've raised the price to Rs.65/- each. And they're doing it in only 1 rumali rotirather than two, as is usually the norm. I requested the guy making it to stuff it a little more with the chicken and salad mix, and he obliged. He smeared the fresh and hot rumali roti with their yummmmm garlic mayonnaise, added the chicken and salad, rolled it, wrapped it in butter-paper, and it was ready to have. Was so hungry, gobbled it down in minutes. The fact that it was simply wonderful helped with the speed. Especially people who like their food with minimum spice will love it.
Nice review there. +1

My office is at Yousufguda and I go down this road almost daily. I always wanted to go to this place and try out Tandoori but somehow ended up going to Nice Spice restaurant (they make really good Tandoori). After reading your review I decided that I had to go this place and try out something. The other day I went and ordered Chicken BBQ. The dish was well marinated and the taste was super yummy and juicy. It costs 120/- (2 pieces)

Next time, I will definitely try Chicken Shawarma for sure.
Old 1st February 2013, 11:41   #5253
BHPian

Testa Rossa, Secunderabad :

http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/hyder...a-Caffe/250296

There are some fine prints to the deal so do read them.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-testarossa.jpg
Old 1st February 2013, 11:47   #5254
Team-BHP Support

Taj Mahal Hotel, Secunderabad.

This is an old restaurant that serves Veg food.
Had some work in Secunderabad and ended up having my dinner here.

We had:
2 plates of vada: Really liked them. In fact my daughter loved this.
1 Masala Dosa.
1 Rava dose.
1 coffee.
1 masala papad.
1 bottle of water.

Bill came to 310 in the AC section.

Now the food is decent but the service is awesome.
Old 1st February 2013, 12:36   #5255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Testa Rossa, Secunderabad :

http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/hyder...a-Caffe/250296

There are some fine prints to the deal so do read them.
How reliable/worthy are these deals? Does the merchant/host give you a step-motherly treatment? I have heard a tale: A friend's friend bought such 'deal' coupon for a well known parlour (read Habeeb, Lakme et al) and when she went to avail the discount, she came to know, the 'trainees' will do the job. You and me don't mind surrendering our hair and head but a girl? She would rather kill the guy with guy's tools of trade.

Now somebody will say show the discount coupon only at the time of billing. But the fine print says we need to inform them in advance. Ever heard of reserving a table at a coffee shop? That too 2-3 days in advance?

Anybody use these 'deals'?

Need suggestions on a good coffee shop/cafe in and around Hitech city/Gachibowli/Kondapur. Budget Rs.400-500 for 2.

The Chocalate room, Near Merc showroom - Like it.
News cafe, Inorbit - Not many good reviews.
Gloria Jeans, Inorbit - Loved the coffee. Never been to Inorbit outlet, does it have decent space unlike the one in Lifestyle, Begumpet?
CCD - the last option, not that I don't like the coffee here but monotonous.

Any other places you could suggest?
Old 1st February 2013, 12:52   #5256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Taj Mahal Hotel, Secunderabad.
IMO, Taj Mahal, Abids is the best Taj Mahal in entire twin cities and there everything is super awesome and can give the Chutneys of this world a tough competition.

My favorite at TM at Abids is their unique " Veg Cutlets" which is served with a really awesome very very different tomato sauce/gravy and only available from afternoon onwards ( I think).

And, their coffee is the best in any of the south indian hotel. Same cutlets are served at Taj Mahal, Narayanguda too but, I like it better at Abids.

Whenever my mom visits this place ( which is often) she knows my weakness for these cutlets and gets a couple of them taken away

Btw, even one of them is heavy, two becomes a full meal
Totally love those cutlets. Give 'em a try next time.
Old 1st February 2013, 12:56   #5257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
How reliable/worthy are these deals? Does the merchant/host give you a step-motherly treatment?

Now somebody will say show the discount coupon only at the time of billing. But the fine print says we need to inform them in advance. Ever heard of reserving a table at a coffee shop? That too 2-3 days in advance?

Anybody use these 'deals'?
There are always black sheep everywhere.

I use these deals from time to time and never had issues so far. (snapdeal and dealsandyou mostly) As soon as you book a deal, you will receive an SMS with the coupon code and all that we have to do is to show it to the merchant at the time of billing.

I call them up every time I want to reserve a table just to avoid any surprises at the last minute. You don't have to wait 2-3 days in advance, you can book a deal even now and step into a restaurant the next minute.

Just call them up and inform them in advance. That's all.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:14   #5258
BHPian

I was on this thread a couple of weeks ago asking for reviews on the Green Park Hotel. After getting positive replies from fellow BHP-ians, my dad went online to book the room. Surprisingly, the rooms which were available for ~3700 were suddenly priced at ~5.5K+. This in a span of 4 hours or so. Its almost like they were watching the thread!

Hence, we didnt go ahead with the booking and instead got a room at the Hampshire Plaza, a hotel he had stayed at previously. It's also a 4 star hotel at Lakdi Ka Phool - which ticked all the boxes and as a bonus, it was closer to where my dad had to go. Food is excellent and there's also a hotel called Dwarka right outside for light food. Satisfying stay and wholly recommended. Rent was around 4K/night.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:16   #5259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post

Need suggestions on a good coffee shop/cafe in and around Hitech city/Gachibowli/Kondapur. Budget Rs.400-500 for 2.
There is a new coffee shop that opened up just besides Subway opposite Deloitte Drive. Just happened to get inside with a friend, but then decided to have a sub and walked out. The interiors looked good and upmarket. No idea about the menu though. You might want to give it a try. It's just to the left of Subway.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:17   #5260
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, Taj Mahal, Abids is the best Taj Mahal in entire twin cities and there everything is super awesome and can give the Chutneys of this world a tough competition.

My favorite at TM at Abids is their unique " Veg Cutlets" which is served with a really awesome very very different tomato sauce/gravy and only available from afternoon onwards ( I think).

And, their coffee is the best in any of the south indian hotel. Same cutlets are served at Taj Mahal, Narayanguda too but, I like it better at Abids.

Whenever my mom visits this place ( which is often) she knows my weakness for these cutlets and gets a couple of them taken away

Btw, even one of them is heavy, two becomes a full meal
Totally love those cutlets. Give 'em a try next time.
If it is for just tiffin's ,Minerva Coffee Shop, Jubilee Hills is very good too. Earlier, I was a regular at Chutney's but thanks for their generous usage of oil, I reduced going. Tried Minerva last saturday and loved every bit of it.

Ordered a pesarattu(INR80), poori(INR70~75), button idli with sambar(60) and a coffee (INR42) and every dish was very good, just the way I like it. The chutney's were very good too.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:24   #5261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
Hence, we didnt go ahead with the booking and instead got a room at the Hampshire Plaza, a hotel he had stayed at previously. It's also a 4 star hotel at Lakdi Ka Phool - which ticked all the boxes and as a bonus, it was closer to where my dad had to go. Food is excellent and there's also a hotel called Dwarka right outside for light food. Satisfying stay and wholly recommended. Rent was around 4K/night.
Ask if Hyderabad BHPians havent been to any hotel in Hyderabad? Nada

There has been several Team-BHP Dinner meets that happened in Hampshire Plaza at one point of time, they almost knew each of us by face.

Its owned by the Sardar NY Hotelier ( Vikram Chatwal) and is a decent hotel and pretty close from my home too. Been there on many midnight biryani buffets too. Their Kheema Pav wins hands down over Green Park.

And, on Friday and Saturday their midnight buffet is priced at a ridiculously low Rs.250 A.I

Dwarka is a hotel as old as it can get. One of the earliest in Hyderabad ( same era as Taj Mahal) and has a reputation for tiffins but, lost out due to a couple of reasons

1. Situated on the turn of a very busy traffic signal
2. Never renovated and hence, lost out to its more modern competitors like Minvera, Chutneys etc.
Old 1st February 2013, 15:34   #5262
BHPian

Dil Punjabi-Inorbit Mall.

This one is on the floor which also has chillies.

Earlier used to be indian art cafe ,guess thats closed down and now its dil punjabi.

Chicken cream soup
Chicken Mehbooba - very nice ,highly recommend
Dal tadka-good
Rotis
Papad(complimentary)

Total bill for 4 -inr 1100

On a sidenote ,the newly opened chutneys in the mall is huge in terms of space.
Old 1st February 2013, 16:56   #5263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Dil Punjabi-Inorbit Mall.
Isnt there a new Dil Punjabi opp the madhapur petrol pump (corner building that also has a udupi tiffin place, hari om sweets and a fried chicken outlet)
Old 2nd February 2013, 16:15   #5264

Quote:
Yesterday was wife's birthday so we decided to visit "Jewels of Nizam" at Hotel Golconda for dinner. Mom also accompanied us.

Total Damages (inclusive of all taxes and tip) : Rs.4675

Went to Jewel of the Nizam" at Hotel Golkonda on Wednesday, being parents' wedding anniv. Like Mobike008 said, superb ambience, royal feeling, good ghazals, just the right kind of lighting, top notch cutlery, prompt service, etc.

Here's what we ordered :

1. Paneer Tikka - Rs.285/- (Excellent)
2. Barkas Patthar gosht - Rs.345/-(Super soft Pasanda cut, melt in the mouth)
3. Subz Chatpata - Rs.280/- (weakest dish - not upto 'JON' standard.
4. Dal Maa Sahiba - Rs.225/- (one of the best Dal Makhni)
5. Paneer Kulchas, Nans, Butter Nans - 75/- - 90/- each.
6. Subz Dum Biryani - Rs.355/- (Wonderfully fragrant Basmati, perfectly cooked)

Special mention must be made for the gravy or Mirchi ka saalan that is served with the Biryani.... just lip-smacking !

Total damages including tip, service charges, service tax, VAT, Education Cess, Rs.2625/- for 4 adults and a 5 yr old kid. Warrants a visit for those special occasions.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd February 2013 at 13:24. Reason: Rule 11. Please refer forum rules before proceeding. Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:16   #5265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
Oops. My bad!!!!!

Motormania, please PM me with your number in case you're still looking!
Hey, sorry for the late reply. thanks a ton for the helping hand. I have passed on the headache to my friends who are now looking into it

Thanks a lot to everyone who chipped in with their suggestion. I love this thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks