Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 11:32   #5326
Senior - BHPian

The Fern Manasarovar

For the benefit of people here:

Got a flyer from The Fern Manasarovar,they have a buffet for 299++.Lunch:- 12:3opm to 15:00hrs,Dinner:-19:30hrs to 23:00hrs,For further query and reservations Contact Amit on 967649728
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:24   #5327
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

We are a seafood fanatic, but we are not getting our favourite fishes in Hyderabad. In bawarchi, the only fish variety we have ate and like is Apollo fish. And in our area we get only one sea fish called pamphlate.
We have tried other freshwater fishes like rahu and bocha, but it was not to our liking.
Visited Landmark once and saw some frozen fish variety like apollo fish, seer fish and prawn.

Hyderabadians, where do you source fresh sea fish?
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:52   #5328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
We are a seafood fanatic, but we are not getting our favourite fishes in Hyderabad. In bawarchi, the only fish variety we have ate and like is Apollo fish. And in our area we get only one sea fish called pamphlate.
We have tried other freshwater fishes like rahu and bocha, but it was not to our liking.
Visited Landmark once and saw some frozen fish variety like apollo fish, seer fish and prawn.

If you are looking for cooked fishes in restaurants then the only ones you are going to get are Katla/Pomfret(if you are lucky) and prawns.

If you are looking for fresh sea fish,then you need to mention where do you reside so that people can accordingly advise you of the shops in the areas.As for me we get our regular supply of Bangda(mackerel),Searfish,Sardines(mathi),Karimeen (pearl spot),Salmon etc from the local fish shop in Defence Colony.Prices are very reasonable.If Auchan(previously Spar) is close to you they have a regular and freah supply of sea fishes-but expensive when compared to your neighbourhood fish shop.Most of the Rythu bazaars also have a fish and meat section attached to it.If you advise where you stay ppl might be able to elp further.Hypermarket also has a freah supply but again expensive
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:04   #5329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you are looking for cooked fishes in restaurants then the only ones you are going to get are Katla/Pomfret(if you are lucky) and prawns.

If you are looking for fresh sea fish,then you need to mention where do you reside so that people can accordingly advise you of the shops in the areas.As for me we get our regular supply of Bangda(mackerel),Searfish,Sardines(mathi),Karimeen (pearl spot),Salmon etc from the local fish shop in Defence Colony.Prices are very reasonable.If Auchan(previously Spar) is close to you they have a regular and freah supply of sea fishes-but expensive when compared to your neighbourhood fish shop.Most of the Rythu bazaars also have a fish and meat section attached to it.If you advise where you stay ppl might be able to elp further.Hypermarket also has a freah supply but again expensive
I stay near Ghatkesar. 13 KMS from Uppal. I am not looking for cooked fishes, only fresh fish. I have tried landmark and a KG of apollo fish was costing around 400 and seer fish in frozen packets cost around 450.
Somewhere near tank bund is there a fisheries stall, heard from a friend.
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:13   #5330
BHPian

Quote:
Usually you don't get sea fish in every market here. We being Malayalees, share your craving for sea fish so have scouted around the places where we have lived for Sea fish markets. I can help you with places around Miyapur Madinaguda. These two places have plenty of sea fish like Tuna, Seer fish (Neymeen, Vanjaram), Mackerel (Ayala), Sharks, crabs, prawns, and many others whose names I don't know.. if you go in the mornings.
  1. Ashok Nagar Sunday Market - On NH 9, 2 km after BHEL towards Pune
  2. Miyapur Tuesday Market - On NH 9 between Miyapur Bolaram X Roads and Hydernagar.

Quote:
I think you are referring to the AP Fisheries Stall. Been there many years ago, this was between Lumbini Park and the Tank Bund Road at the corner. Not sure if it is still there.

Last edited by rknair : 23rd February 2013 at 10:17.
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:30   #5331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
Usually you don't get sea fish in every market here. We being Malayalees, share your craving for sea fish so have scouted around the places where we have lived for Sea fish markets. I can help you with places around Miyapur Madinaguda. These two places have plenty of sea fish like Tuna, Seer fish (Neymeen, Vanjaram), Mackerel (Ayala), Sharks, crabs, prawns, and many others whose names I don't know.. if you go in the mornings.
  1. Ashok Nagar Sunday Market - On NH 9, 2 km after BHEL towards Pune
  2. Miyapur Tuesday Market - On NH 9 between Miyapur Bolaram X Roads and Hydernagar.

I think you are referring to the AP Fisheries Stall. Been there many years ago, this was between Lumbini Park and the Tank Bund Road at the corner. Not sure if it is still there.
These places are too far for me, any other places near to my area or atleast some hypermarkets where we can get them. Even Landmark is very far for me.

Where exactly is this stall. I have been lumbini park and the surrounding areas, but not sure have seen the tank bund road.
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:58   #5332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Usually you don't get sea fish in every market here. We being Malayalees, share your craving for sea fish so have scouted around
Whereabouts do you stay now a days?I mean which area?

Quote:
These places are too far for me, any other places near to my area or atleast some hypermarkets where we can get them. Even Landmark is very far for me.

Where exactly is this stall. I have been lumbini park and the surrounding areas, but not sure have seen the tank bund road.
Tank Bund road is the one on which Marriott Hotel is.The continuation of MG Road coming from Paradise towards Nampally is Tank Bund road.The fish stall is right at the corner where you see a APTDC Haritha restaurant board,you wouldnt miss it.Though from Ghatkesar to buy fish you dont have to travel so much.You can try the Kushaiguda market which has good stocks of fish.I am sure there must be some place in Uppal as well.Or else further down you can drive to the Rythu Bazaar at Alwal which has very good stocks as well.

http://goo.gl/maps/mL0Oq
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:35   #5333
BHPian

Quote:
Whereabouts do you stay now a days?I mean which area?
I am staying in Miyapur Ranjit.
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:46   #5334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Then try and find someone who can get you inside http://www.metro.co.in/public/Home
Old 24th February 2013, 08:20   #5335
BHPian

Quote:
Tank Bund road is the one on which Marriott Hotel is.The continuation of MG Road coming from Paradise towards Nampally is Tank Bund road.The fish stall is right at the corner where you see a APTDC Haritha restaurant board,you wouldnt miss it.Though from Ghatkesar to buy fish you dont have to travel so much.You can try the Kushaiguda market which has good stocks of fish.I am sure there must be some place in Uppal as well.Or else further down you can drive to the Rythu Bazaar at Alwal which has very good stocks as well.
http://goo.gl/maps/mL0Oq
I think have seen Haritha restaurant and knew where is kushaiguda market too. Will give it a try. Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:00   #5336
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Then try and find someone who can get you inside http://www.metro.co.in/public/Home
Metro is now offering 3 cards per entity, see if you can get the 3rd card from any existing customers of Metro in your name. I can help you get inside if you want to have a look around.
Old 25th February 2013, 10:42   #5337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a makeshift market on Sunday morning in front of APTDC office which is next to Lumbini Park.

I use to get my regular quota of Seer and Pomfret from this place.

Waseem.
Old 25th February 2013, 18:33   #5338
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
You can try the Kushaiguda market which has good stocks of fish.I am sure there must be some place in Uppal as well.Or else further down you can drive to the Rythu Bazaar at Alwal which has very good stocks as well.
I am not fish buyer, let alone be an expert on fishes. But as Ranjit mentioned, I can vouch for Kushaiguda market (friend's family buys it from there) and Rythu Bazaar in Alwal which is just 3 kms from my place and that is the only place my dad buys fish/prawns from.

Called up a friend who stayed in Sanskruthi/Singapore township couple of years ago. She is a Bengali and she suggested Sneha chicken centre in Ghatkesar. Its near the main bus-stop in Ghatkesar and they stock both fresh and sea water fishes. They used to call her whenever fresh stock or something out of ordinary arrived. So you can leave your number with them.

If you are looking for a fish place in Uppal, a fisherman sets up a makeshift shop opposite Reliance Fresh in Kalyanpuri. 10 am should be a good time to pick up some fish.

There is a big fish market in Parsigutta. But I wouldn't venture in that area owing to the narrow lanes and fear of getting lost.

I wonder why nobody spoke about Eagle fisheries beside YMCA, Secunderabad. I never bought any fish there (or anywhere) but it seems to be a good place. Any bad experiences?
Old 25th February 2013, 18:44   #5339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
I wonder why nobody spoke about Eagle fisheries beside YMCA, Secunderabad. I never bought any fish there (or anywhere) but it seems to be a good place. Any bad experiences?
Nope. On the contrary that is a well known place to buy fish from in Secunderabad. On Saturdays and Sundays Bengalis make a beeline for Eagle fisheries early in the morning (around 8-ish) to bag the best catches of the day. Eagle also has a branch in Sikh Village.
Old 27th February 2013, 17:29   #5340
BHPian

I know I have been traveling a lot and was not eating out at Hyderabad and do not have much to share but whats with you all guys? No one is eating out? If I do not see this thread on the first page, I feel very disappointed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks