Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 12:57   #5371
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
Let us also discuss,what options we have in Hyderabad for people working late nights?i.e. when restos shut shop at 11pm. my hangout area was DLF till date.but the new sub inspector has created havoc in the light of the blasts.now there are no tapris selling omlettes and maggi.
All the road side eateries are closed even during day times, so getting one around the hitec city and gachibowli at nights is even more not possible due to the bomb threats etc.

Wait for another fortnight for things to cool down and things will be back to normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Still hungry and no food for you ,then take the orr and eat at the airport food zone (its 30 mins drive from gachibowli)
What a nice suggestion. Eat a 100 bucks biryani and spent 500 bucks on petrol and toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
There's this restaurant named Windows of the World(WoW) in Cyber Towers, Madhapur.
Wow, Is WoW still open?

I havent been there in last 5 years or more. It was good only for the view and never liked the food there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
I have visited Barbeque Nation last week, the prices of veg and non-veg buffet for lunch are Rs.600 and Rs.650/- including taxes (service charge, service tax and sales tax). I don't remember the exact prices of dinner, might be Rs.50 more than lunch on each.
Just 50 bucks extra for dinner? I dont think so? Dinner pricing will be atleast Rs.150 more considering the additional seafood starters and more items in buffet

Can anyone confirm dinner buffet pricing?
Old 12th March 2013, 13:04   #5372
BHPian

Dinner pricing is approx 900 rs.(883)

Anvancy
Old 12th March 2013, 14:13   #5373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Wow, Is WoW still open?

I havent been there in last 5 years or more. It was good only for the view and never liked the food there.
Yeah!!! Just Googled it only to find that it's been renamed to "Khao Galli Restaurant".

From the ratings in JustDial food looks to be Good/Very Good. May be BHPians can give a confirmation on that.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:02   #5374
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, there is hardly anything NOT to like about Barbeque Nation.
I HATE their buffet. The useless fellows havent changed the menu since it opened in Banjara Hills years ago. If I go there I just fill myself with the kababs, have some dessert and thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post

Yeah!!! Just Googled it only to find that it's been renamed to "Khao Galli Restaurant".

From the ratings in JustDial food looks to be Good/Very Good. May be BHPians can give a confirmation on that.
its generic buffet offered at almost every other place. Pretty average stuff.
WoW was much better esp its tiffins!

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 12th March 2013 at 16:04.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:13   #5375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I HATE their buffet. The useless fellows havent changed the menu since it opened in Banjara Hills years ago. If I go there I just fill myself with the kababs, have some dessert and thats it.
They keep rotating their kebabs menu often. 2 Chicken, 2 Meat, 1 Prawn/Fish, Crab. What else do you want? They covered the NV range

Have to give it to them, their kebabs are indeed way better than the other copy cats like 36 BBQ and a few others.

And, anyone going their to eat their buffet is making a mistake.

Dig into the kebabs along with their mint flavoured mocktail and wrap it up with desserts is the best way to enjoy a meal there. If you have a large appetite, maybe their Mutton Gravies which are usually very good along with a roti or two.

900 bucks for dinner buffet is ridiculously high, based on info from Rajesh Rawal, I would rather enjoy a brunch at Avasa for Rs.1275 A.I while swimming in the pool
Old 12th March 2013, 16:18   #5376
BHPian

Went to Palamuru Grill for lunch today with 2 of my friends. It is a new place opened on the Ayyappa Society road, next to Carz. They tried to get the rustic ambience and the structure is temporary kinds, no AC. Would have been great during winter but in summer it will be pretty hot. Lot of parking space.

Coming to food, Palamuru is another name for Mahabubnagar and they tried to create a village kind of atmosphere. The menu is just a single sheet. Pics posted below.

They do not have much variety in grill and it is done on a open fire grill instead of tandoor.

We ordered:

Mutton Seekh Kebab @ Rs.159.00 - Decent. 8 pieces of minced meet, could have been a bit more moist.

Boti Fry @ Rs.139.00 - Pretty good if you like boti. Reasonably spicy.

Palamuru Pottelu koora (Palamuru Potla - mutton curry) @ Rs.199.00 - Was a disappointment. Meat was too soft, gravy was thin and too many tomatoes. Unlike any mutton I ate in Telangana. Not very spicy. But then some other friends of mine who ate there last week had a better experience with pottelu curry.

Nallamala Natukodi koora @ 199.00 - Much better taste, well cooked, could have been little more spicy.

Bagara rice @ 79.00 - This was good. With the curries and even without the curries, there was the flavor of spices in the rice.

Phulkas @ 19.00 for 2 and Kinley bottle @ 21.00. Total bill came to Rs.910.00. No taxes / charges. However, the portion sizes can be a bit bigger.

Will definitely go back to try few other dishes.

Menu (Do check out their motto on the second page )

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20130312_140813.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20130312_140831.jpg

Last edited by NoRules : 12th March 2013 at 16:20.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:43   #5377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post

its generic buffet offered at almost every other place. Pretty average stuff.
Barbeque Nation is best visited during some of their food festivals. I had been to their Chennai outlet a couple of months ago when there was a 'Deep Sea' festival. The tagline read something like ' Tastes from 1000 feet below the ocean'. They included possibly every kind of marine creature, from weird looking fish to lobsters to crabs to oysters to even octopus and squid. Some of the food looked yuck, But ofcourse, whatever they cook they do a good job of it. I am not sure if the Hyd outlet conducts such fests. But if they do, I am ready to knock on their doors.
Old 12th March 2013, 17:09   #5378
BHPian

Quote:
based on info from Rajesh Rawal, I would rather enjoy a brunch at Avasa for Rs.1275 A.I while swimming in the pool
Oh yes ,good you reminded me. Lets do the avasa sunday brunch soon with +1 .I find it a killer of a deal.

If you still have room for food then you can head to their buffet place for a proper meal(trust me you will not reach that stage as they are generous with the starters)

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th March 2013 at 01:26. Reason: Please avoid bypassing Rule 11, thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 17:33   #5379
BHPian

Hi guys,

Try out CREAM CENTER @ Rd.36, Jubilee Hills (its the same building as Barbecue Nation)

Very famous veg food chain from Mumbai! excellent food, and best is the variety you get there!
The paneer dishes, sizzlers and pizza are my favs! Their paneer is the softest you will get. And the mocktails are excellent too, along with their signature Sizzling Brownie Sundae.

Also, for people looking for delicious 'bandi chinese', there is a good one at Rd.12, Banjara Hills, its near Good Earth store.
I had the veg food, and it was nice, heard the non-veg is even better.

And just 2 days back, FLURY's of Calcutta has opened up their first store in GVK One mall food court. the pastries and cookies are super yum! (and also super fattening )

Last edited by Insane Devil : 12th March 2013 at 17:36.
Old 12th March 2013, 18:06   #5380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi guys,

Try out CREAM CENTER @ Rd.36, Jubilee Hills
The paneer dishes, sizzlers and pizza are my favs!
Seems you missed out the very reason cream center is famous ,'The chola bathuras'

Also their cheese n nacos is to die for.
Old 12th March 2013, 18:09   #5381
BHPian

That's because thinking about them made me hungry, and i munched down those two items!
Yep, those too! i love their Orange Float, and the Blush on Ice!
Old 12th March 2013, 19:47   #5382
BHPian

Lunched at Kailash Parbat last saturday.

Soup- Coconut Ginger Soup (chef spl): Was like sweet corn soup with some grated coconut. No taste of ginger. Disappointing.

Starters- Kabab platter with 5 types of kababs/grills. Good!

Main course-

Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani: Quite tasty but definitely not hyderabadi. Green colored due to pudina.

Lasgna: not bad but tasted too desi with paneer etc.

Koki (Sindhi dish)- stuffed spicy parathas with curd n pickles. Lovely!

Sai Baji (Sindhi) - A semi dry spinach item. Very unique flavour. Liked it a lot!

Seyal Chawar (Sindhi) - A biryani like beautifully flavoured rice dish. Loved it!

Over all great food. Ordered lots of Sindhi items coz I had never tasted those before. Enjoyed eating them. However only a Sindhi can comment on how authentic they are.

Bill came up to 2500 for 6 people.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 12th March 2013 at 19:48.
Old 12th March 2013, 23:53   #5383

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Try the pork dishes at Nanking. Yummy!!!

You will quit eating Chicken.
I'm very eager to know which pork dishes you'd recommend, sir. Last time I had chilly fried pork from Nanking, it was hard and gamey and dry, not enjoyable at all. I'd love to try out your suggestion.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:45   #5384
Senior - BHPian

Where do we buy fresh raw pork in hyderabad around Hitec city,Gachibowli, kondapur area? i did not see it in Hyper-city also.
Old 13th March 2013, 12:17   #5385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Try out CREAM CENTER @ Rd.36, Jubilee Hills (its the same building as Barbecue Nation). Also, for people looking for delicious 'bandi chinese', there is a good one at Rd.12, Banjara Hills, its near Good Earth store.I had the veg food, and it was nice, heard the non-veg is even better.
I_D, Long time no see. Good to see you active here and thanks for the Bandi Chinese tip.

Cream Center is known for their Chole Bhature which is almost equal to Havemore which I still rate as #1 for CB

Will check out the mocktails you mentioned next time iam there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Went to Palamuru Grill for lunch today with 2 of my friends. It is a new place opened on the Ayyappa Society road, next to Carz.
That's really earthy pricing probably to go with their ambience

Where exactly is this location? Landmarks?

Will check them out soon.

Hope they live up to their motto when i am there...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Where do we buy fresh raw pork in hyderabad around Hitec city,Gachibowli, kondapur area? i did not see it in Hyper-city also.
Oh! you plan to drive all the way from Bangalore for the pork here? If your in Hyderabad, why not change the location accordingly

Most Viewed