Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 12:31   #5386
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh! you plan to drive all the way from Bangalore for the pork here? If your in Hyderabad, why not change the location accordingly
Changed the same now. Was trying to figure out why i am not able to change my location, it was because i had to enter What Policy and What Car while changing my location
Old 13th March 2013, 12:54   #5387

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Where do we buy fresh raw pork in hyderabad around Hitec city,Gachibowli, kondapur area? i did not see it in Hyper-city also.

There is a 'Naini Pork' outlet at Panjagutta cross-roads, in the bye-lane just before the signals, if you are driving from Ameerpet to Panjagutta, on the left hand side. Has a good reputation, keeps fresh pork items as well as pork sausages, bacon, Goan sausages, and other fresh cuts as well as processed items. Best part is the owner keeps everything spanking clean and tidy. Sorry, no idea about any pork place in Hitech city.
Old 13th March 2013, 13:53   #5388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
There is a 'Naini Pork' outlet at Panjagutta cross-roads, in the bye-lane just before the signals, if you are driving from Ameerpet to Panjagutta, on the left hand side. Has a good reputation, keeps fresh pork items as well as pork sausages, bacon, Goan sausages, and other fresh cuts as well as processed items. Best part is the owner keeps everything spanking clean and tidy. Sorry, no idea about any pork place in Hitech city.
I am told Nainis Pork, Punjagutta does not stock all the cuts as compared to their Parklane outlet. One of my friend who lives at Prashasan Nagar and loves pork travels all the way to Parklane even though Nainis Punjagutta outlet has opened.
Old 13th March 2013, 15:08   #5389
BHPian

I and quite a few people I know are scared of eating pork in india (tapeworms n all that). Is there a way to identify tapeworm infected pork? Does Naini guarantee its products?
Old 13th March 2013, 15:54   #5390
BHPian

Quote:
I'm very eager to know which pork dishes you'd recommend, sir. Last time I had chilly fried pork from Nanking, it was hard and gamey and dry, not enjoyable at all. I'd love to try out your suggestion.
I ate Chilli Fried Pork and it was melt in the mouth type.
Quote:
Where do we buy fresh raw pork in hyderabad around Hitec city,Gachibowli, kondapur area? i did not see it in Hyper-city also.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
I am told Nainis Pork, Punjagutta does not stock all the cuts as compared to their Parklane outlet. One of my friend who lives at Prashasan Nagar and loves pork travels all the way to Parklane even though Nainis Punjagutta outlet has opened.
I am a regular at "New Nainies" at Punjagutta.

He stocks amazing chicken pepper salami and also chicken jalepeno salami and chicken olive salami though the availability is not there always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I and quite a few people I know are scared of eating pork in india (tapeworms n all that). Is there a way to identify tapeworm infected pork? Does Naini guarantee its products?
Tapeworms can be eliminated at the cooking stage by making sure that the meat is properly and fully cooked.

We have heard of food poisoning at 5-stars but that has not stopped people eating there.

Forget 5-stars, BBQ Nation is being raved about on this thread but let us not forget that it was closed down due to food poisoning of many people just last year in Hyderabad.
Old 13th March 2013, 16:44   #5391
Senior - BHPian

Mama Mia Italia-Sainikpuri

Well theres finally a very good "affordable" Italian pizza place this side of the town.Its a la-Over The Flames kind of place.Run by a lady and her husband(cant confirm this!).friendly and the food is yummy and the prices are very easy on the pocket.Its on the Sainikpuri main road next to the Medplus outlet.Attaching the menu here(downloaded from Zomato)

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-2.jpg

On the topic of Pork shops,theres a brand new one opened at Neredmet called Sony Pork Shop.Reviews are good.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 13th March 2013 at 16:54.
Old 13th March 2013, 17:10   #5392
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, I will hunt this Nainis Pork at Punjagutta, which is not very far from Kondapur. From your responses it looks like its in the lines of Bangalore Ham shop, which is clean and neat place.
Old 13th March 2013, 17:31   #5393
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys, I will hunt this Nainis Pork at Punjagutta, which is not very far from Kondapur. From your responses it looks like its in the lines of Bangalore Ham shop, which is clean and neat place.
No need to hunt for the Punjagutta outlet. It is in a lane before the Punjagutta circle when you are coming from Ameerpet side. Keep looking to your left after you cross Agarwal Eye Hospital and then a furniture store. It is tucked in a lane after that.
Old 14th March 2013, 01:16   #5394
BHPian

Quote:
I will hunt this Nainis Pork at Punjagutta, which is not very far from Kondapur.
Quote:
It is in a lane before the Punjagutta circle when you are coming from Ameerpet side. Keep looking to your left after you cross Agarwal Eye Hospital and then a furniture store. It is tucked in a lane after that.
Coming from Kondapur, do not take the Punjagutta Flyover but keep on left side at Laxmi Vilas Bank till you reach Hyderabad Central Junction from where you need to turn left for Ameerpet. Keep in the right most lane and as soon as you approach the first cut in the divider, the lane will be visible on your right.

Point B n the map : https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=1...p=1&sz=19&z=16
Old 14th March 2013, 11:56   #5395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No need to hunt for the Punjagutta outlet. It is in a lane before the Punjagutta circle when you are coming from Ameerpet side. Keep looking to your left after you cross Agarwal Eye Hospital and then a furniture store. It is tucked in a lane after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Coming from Kondapur, do not take the Punjagutta Flyover but keep on left side at Laxmi Vilas Bank till you reach Hyderabad Central Junction from where you need to turn left for Ameerpet. Keep in the right most lane and as soon as you approach the first cut in the divider, the lane will be visible on your right.

Point B n the map : https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=1...p=1&sz=19&z=16
Thanks guys, I will go there on Saturday, will update on my experience buying there. I myself know to prepare Coorg style pork masala which i was missing from couple of months after i shifted here. Good to know this place.
Old 14th March 2013, 21:18   #5396
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks guys, I will go there on Saturday, will update on my experience buying there. I myself know to prepare Coorg style pork masala which i was missing from couple of months after i shifted here. Good to know this place.
Hey Shamanth. You remind me of our last trip to Coorg where we roamed around 3 hours to find a place to taste the famed Pandhi Curry. Finally we did find a place and enjoyed it with Kadumbittu. after that day we went to the same restaurant for all three days we were there.
Old 14th March 2013, 23:48   #5397
BHPian

78 Degrees East, Habsiguda.
I had one of the bad dining experience here last Friday. The attitude of the staff is irritating and makes you wanna scream. We had to ask for salad 4 times before they served them and I had to ask twice for a knife. When we summoned the manager, all he had to say was 'sorry' and we hoped the further orders would be taken care of without any hassles. We were wrong. The staff was testing our patience, literally. No way a fine dining experience. Probably the worst feedback form I filled in.

Another example of a place which started very well and now going down the drain.

1/2 Veg corn soup: It was just okay.
1 Pepper chicken: Very nice. Chicken minced, mixed with masala, made balls and fried. Unlike other pepper chicken I had in a few dhabas.
1 Murgh tikka: Verrrry spicy but yet very tasty.
2 Chicken Biryani: Pathetic.
2 Water bottles.
2 cokes.
1 Sweet lime soda.

Take away:
1 Chicken lollipop: Just about okay, nothing to speak about.
1 Chicken fried rice: It was like having plain rice wih chicken pieces thrown in.

The bill was around Rs.1500 and we did not tip. Good service kinda covers for the other things that a restaurant might lack. But this staff probably never understood that. I will never go back to 78 Degrees East.
Old 15th March 2013, 10:20   #5398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
I had one of the bad dining experience here last Friday.
Did you meet my friend (Sohail) who owns this restuarant and provided this feedback?
Old 15th March 2013, 10:26   #5399
BHPian

Atlast, after a long wait, Cafe Bahar is open at Begumpet beside Pantaloons. Yet to check it out though. They have different sections for take away and dine-in. They also have a separate section for Tea and Bakery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
I had one of the bad dining experience here last Friday. The attitude of the staff is irritating and makes you wanna scream. -----

I will never go back to 78 Degrees East.
Haha...these guys are one of the caterers in our office canteen. Pathetic food to say the least. Their chicken biryani tastes like rice sprinkled with haldi, the chicken pieces are burnt and hard to chew and their salan can best be tremed as mirchi and oil gravy. Most of the dishes that they serve are 3rd grade. These guys were chosen because they were amongst the best in this part of town. But alas, as you said, their standards are going down the drain.
Old 15th March 2013, 10:43   #5400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Atlast, after a long wait, Cafe Bahar is open at Begumpet beside Pantaloons. Yet to check it out though.
It is "NOT" yet open for business, only lights have been switched on as an advertising to make public aware of the outlet.

SaikatMandal04(hope I got the handle right) shared a photo with me on WhatsApp on wednesday evening around 7pm and I nearly started off to get myself a 2 piece chicken double masala biryani.

A small doubt came to mind so called their Basheerbagh/Hyderguda outlet and they told me that they will open the Begumpet outlet after around 15 days or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks