Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 12:57   #5401
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

My mom is travelling out of town next week and as it's customary she wants a nice family dinner prior to her trip

Looking for recommendations for a decently priced restuarant ( North Indian, Chinese etc) in and around Himayathnagar, Begumpet, Banjara Hills and dont mind travelling a little further too but, not until Madhapur or Gachibowli. Preferably something that I never tried before

Any suggestions?

If none comes, then will end up going to our favorite "Sholay"
Old 15th March 2013, 13:07   #5402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Preferably something that I never tried before

Any suggestions?
Silk route is nice ,heard good reviews. Its opposite moutain bakery in banjara hills (same complex which has rajdhani)
Old 15th March 2013, 13:47   #5403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

Silk route is nice ,heard good reviews. Its opposite moutain bakery in banjara hills (same complex which has rajdhani)
yes its a good place. It was formerly known as "Thai Express" and changed the name when they added Chinese, Malay, Iranian etc cuisines to the menu.
The Thai section has been shortened but the most of the good stuff is still there.
Old 15th March 2013, 15:17   #5404
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came across this picture so thought of sharing.

Look at the quanity of items from Nanking. All of them in bowl are one plate each ( I think)

That's Rajesh Rawal in the picture waiting in anticipation to be served in that Buddha Pose
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013031000496.jpg  

Old 15th March 2013, 16:39   #5405
BHPian

Quote:
My mom is travelling out of town next week and as it's customary she wants a nice family dinner prior to her trip

Looking for recommendations for a decently priced restuarant ( North Indian, Chinese etc) in and around Himayathnagar, Begumpet, Banjara Hills and dont mind travelling a little further too but, not until Madhapur or Gachibowli. Preferably something that I never tried before

Any suggestions?

If none comes, then will end up going to our favorite "Sholay"
Maya Bazar or Reshmi.

Simple because I have not heard any reviews by you of these venues in quite some times now.
Quote:
Look at the quanity of items from Nanking. All of them in bowl are one plate each ( I think)
Some are 1 plate each while another is 2 plates.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:25   #5406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Maya Bazar or Reshmi.
aah...the divine Smoked Chicken curry at Reshmi!!! And the Langar waali daal.

These are practically the only two things I order everytime with my rotis at Reshmi. Not eaten any other item there in a long time.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:40   #5407
BHPian

Quote:
Did you meet my friend (Sohail) who owns this restuarant and provided this feedback?
No, I did not. I over heard that original owner sold this outlet and since then quality started deteriorating. So I refrained from speaking with owner thinking it wouldn't be Sohail. Is that true? You probably can confirm this. I recollect you mentioning he is your friend. When it started 2-3 years ago, I did a fair bit of publicity for them in my office and now I am doing the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Haha...these guys are one of the caterers in our office canteen. Pathetic food to say the least. Their chicken biryani tastes like rice sprinkled with haldi, the chicken pieces are burnt and hard to chew and their salan can best be tremed as mirchi and oil gravy. Most of the dishes that they serve are 3rd grade. These guys were chosen because they were amongst the best in this part of town. But alas, as you said, their standards are going down the drain.
The biryani we were served was just a level above what they serve in your cafeteria. Only difference was that chicken pieces were cooked well. Hell, it wasn't even hot! Perfect biryani is the benchmark for restaurants in Hyderabad, if they can't get it right, locals may not patronize them.

I avoid having biryani/non-veg dishes when I am eating from office cafeteria. I don't want to turn vegan.
Old 15th March 2013, 19:04   #5408
shimshumara

Have you tried any of the below?
Via Milano - Jubilee Hills / Rd No .36
Barbeque Nation - Jubilee Hills / Hitech City Road after JH Police Stn
Salz - JH / Rd No. 92 near Puri Jagannath Temple opp to KBR Park
(I am yet to go to Salz, but heard its got a great view, something like Little Italy few mtrs away from here. But you might not like just veggie there)

Old 15th March 2013, 19:32   #5409
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions?
You could try Siaa in Jubilee hills, opp. Chiranjeevi blood bank. It shares the floor with Spoil pub but do not worry about noise from the pub. They've got voice dampeners or whetever it is called. The seating layout is quite different and the city view is pretty good. After the dinner, you could head to Vacs for desserts.

Try Murgh badam shorba (soup) in case you plan to go.

http://www.zomato.com/hyderabad/siaa...ls/info#tabtop

*If you have a Citibank debit/credit card, they give you a 15% discount but you will need to inform this before the bill is printed. Not sure if they still offer the discount. I dined there in August.

Last edited by Farukh : 15th March 2013 at 19:34.
Old 15th March 2013, 21:14   #5410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Maya Bazar .
MB has increased their rates and decreased their quantities!Rotis went from 10 to INr 15 in one shot and a proportional increase in rates of other dishes as well.Not really VFM now.
Old 16th March 2013, 06:02   #5411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
MB has increased their rates and decreased their quantities!Rotis went from 10 to INr 15 in one shot and a proportional increase in rates of other dishes as well.Not really VFM now.
The cost of everything around me is increasing. Bakers Inn has increased the price of bread straight from 42/- to 50/-.
Old 16th March 2013, 10:09   #5412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
The cost of everything around me is increasing. Bakers Inn has increased the price of bread straight from 42/- to 50/-.
Well inspite of all this a certain Mr.Ahluwalia still thinks there is no inflation in this country and food prices have been brought under control.He perhaps forgot that sugar was at INR 16 a year back for a kg and today hovering around 42.Perhaps he thinks that people have forgotten all the old prices!
Old 16th March 2013, 10:12   #5413
BHPian

Last night ordered take away from Prince, Mehdipatnam.

Half grilled chicken and chicken biryani - Rs.200.00 for 2 people. Awesome food. Chicken was grilled to perfection, biryani was fantastic - right amount of masala, juicy chicken leg piece, well cooked rice.
Old 16th March 2013, 15:31   #5414

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Well inspite of all this a certain Mr.Ahluwalia still thinks there is no inflation in this country and food prices have been brought under control.He perhaps forgot that sugar was at INR 16 a year back for a kg and today hovering around 42.Perhaps he thinks that people have forgotten all the old prices!
But Ranjit ji, unlike you, me and the billion other Indians, this Mr Ahluwalia doesnt have to pay for his daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly rations na ! They do not have any idea about the issues that the countrymen have to wrest with on a daily basis. That is why they say that a house can be run on Rs.26/- per day !!! I wish for just one day these plunderers run each of their houses in a budget of Rs.26/- !
Old 16th March 2013, 17:31   #5415
BHPian

I and a friend had lunch at Hyatt today. The captain told us there was a Mexican food festival going on and that the chef came from Mexico. We ordered Cheese quesadilla with chicken and shrimp fajitas.

The portion was so small, it would not have been enough for even a kid. Taste wise it was nothing great.

When we told the Mexican chef that the portion was too small and we were still hungry, he recommended mole chicken and some other chef special prawn dish. While prawns dish was ok mole chicken was pretty bad. All the items were priced Rs.700/- and above. The bill was Rs.2862.00 before taxes and with some 10 different taxes, it came to Rs.4600.00. Kyaa toh bhi kyaaki toh bhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks