Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 15:16   #5446
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Yesterday afternoon went to Mama Mia Italia at Sainik Puri for some handmade Pizza. This was place was referred to us with the highest ratings and we weren't disappointed.

The place is run by a UK returned couple and they are just about starting. Though seating is a bit tight at the moment, am sure they will be forced to expand soon.

In a nutshell, this is what Over The Flames was when they had opened. Only better in terms of food and service.

Overall: 4/5
Yes the pizzas are excellent and for the prices its quite good.Though they were telling us that the prices would be increased shortly as he isnt able to meet his costs.But for now,relish the pizzas.My only grouse is that the garlic bread with cheese is overpriced for now for the quantity on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Chutneys at Nagajuna Hills.

My daughter prefers vegetarian restaurants. So stopped by at Chutney's for dinner on Saturday evening.

For around Rs 490, we had
* Guntur idlies
* Plain idlies.
* Masala Dosa
* Rava Dosa.
* 2 coffees.

The food was excellent. Liked everything including the different types of chutney's.

But the outstanding thing is service.
In one word: AWESOME.

Really loved the way the staff makes a simple evening special.
Maybe you should try the Bhima's Chithram on JH Road 45.Its excellent.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 25th March 2013 at 15:17.
Old 25th March 2013, 15:48   #5447
Senior - BHPian

I had a couple of spoons of chicken biryani that was picked up from Bahar's new Begumpet outlet last night for dinner.

I was not at all hungry because of the heavy filling at Kurnool during the drive meet, but the smell was so alluring, I had to give it a shot.

The taste was superb. Far better than the one from Deccan that we are used to ordering from , as it is nearby. I'll certainly go back for more.

OT: My son saw one of the delivery boys from Deccan also at Bahar. When he asked him, he said his boss had sent him there to sample the biryani. LOL, Deccan stands to lose now, as Bahar is far better, and even cheaper.
Old 25th March 2013, 16:13   #5448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Maybe you should try the Bhima's Chithram on JH Road 45.Its excellent.
Thats right. They are one of the few places where I never wish I need NV stuff. But they are a bit spicy for my folks liking though I love spicy food. Chutneys is never as spicy as Bhimas.
Old 25th March 2013, 20:01   #5449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Chutneys is never as spicy.
thats one grouse I have about Chutney's meals. Seems too bland like it was designed for the Gujju palate.

At Chutneys I only eat the tiffins nothing else. But one warning must be mentioned here. Do not order their so called "70mm Dosa". Its sized slightly bigger than a regular masala dosa and is a total rip off.
Old 25th March 2013, 20:35   #5450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel
thats one grouse I have about Chutney's meals. Seems too bland like it was designed for the Gujju palate.

At Chutneys I only eat the tiffins nothing else. But one warning must be mentioned here. Do not order their so called "70mm Dosa". Its sized slightly bigger than a regular masala dosa and is a total rip off.
Chutneys IMO is definitely overpriced,and their price to quantty ratio is pathetic.If you ask them for extra servings of chutney or any of the other accompaniments they treat you to some dirty looks.Least preferred place for me!
Old 26th March 2013, 09:01   #5451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Chutneys at Nagajuna Hills.

But the outstanding thing is service.
In one word: AWESOME.

Really loved the way the staff makes a simple evening special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Chutneys IMO is definitely overpriced,and their price to quantty ratio is pathetic.If you ask them for extra servings of chutney or any of the other accompaniments they treat you to some dirty looks.Least preferred place for me!
Good for you, bblost, you got good service. The one time I took my wife to Chutneys, N Hills, I had to call the Manager and complain about the attitude of the waiter. All I asked was for steaming hot rice and the guy tells me what he was serving was as hot as it could get.

I yelled at him and had a word with the manager - the rice suddenly started steaming. Pathetic.

Never went back after that.

@ranjitp1: Totally agree with you. It is a rip off and not worth the money you are paying for.
Old 26th March 2013, 14:28   #5452
BHPian

Reacently had an awesome bhiryani at dine hill, masabtank. I guess its an indo-arabian restraunt. The food is served in huge thali/plate, arabian style, it would be fun to eat if you go in group.

The prices are reasonable, quantity & quality are amazing.
Old 26th March 2013, 21:32   #5453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Reacently had an awesome bhiryani at dine hill, masabtank. I guess its an indo-arabian restraunt. The food is served in huge thali/plate, arabian style, it would be fun to eat if you go in group.

The prices are reasonable, quantity & quality are amazing.
I tasted Dinehill food only once and that too when a close pal from Bombay was in town and was staying in Taj Banjara, he insisted we have dinner there but, since i never tasted dinehill biryani, took him there

We had ordered a tandoori Chicken and Biryani which was served as you mentioned in that large thali

Both were good but, the ambience needs a lot of upgrade. Not really a place to sit and eat with lot of rough looking folks sitting in big groups and talking loudly et.all
Old 27th March 2013, 03:27   #5454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Both were good but, the ambience needs a lot of upgrade. Not really a place to sit and eat with lot of rough looking folks sitting in big groups and talking loudly et.all
Mobike,what you mentined is correct, ambience has to be upgraded, very congested place, there are hardly 5 tables,not sure about the rough looking guys, we had lunch, its only 6 of us, rest are the empty chairs and tables.

Also the parking is a huge problem.
Old 27th March 2013, 09:20   #5455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Also the parking is a huge problem.
Oh Yeah, I missed mentioning that. Infact, that's the single most deterrent in going to Dinehill for a Dine-In. I had parked my i10 right outside near the steps and paid 10 bucks to the watchmen to watch over the car while we finish our meal.

It was possible since it was around 10pm. Anytime early, it wont work as that stretch is always choc-o-block
Old 27th March 2013, 13:29   #5456
BHPian

Quote:
It was possible since it was around 10pm. Anytime early, it wont work as that stretch is always choc-o-block
I took my safari, parked exactly where u parked your i10, though i was not charged, but i was scared as my vehicle was blocking the way.
Old 30th March 2013, 10:23   #5457
BHPian

Was at Cafe Bahaar yesterday for lunch with my wife and son. Boy, this place has really taken off. Absolutely packed with over 50 people waiting to be seated. We got a table after 15 minutes and ordered chicken tangdi kebab @ Rs.180/- which came with three chicken leg pieces and was reasonably good.

We next ordered 2 piece chicken biryani @ Rs.280/- and this was an absolute delight. Excellent flavor, well cooked rice and chicken, perfect amount of masala and it was sufficient for 3 of us.

Even when we finished our lunch at 3 PM, there were more than 15-20 people still waitng and many more were still coming. No wonder Paradise has taken an advertising hoarding near Shoppers Stop, Begumpet.

One thing I noticed is the prices for in-house dining are very high compared to take away, almost 25-30% more. The ambience is much much better than Hyderguda outlet, has an upmarket restaurant feel but depends on how they maintain it in long run.

Will go back for the take away.
Old 30th March 2013, 12:06   #5458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Was at Cafe Bahaar yesterday for lunch with my wife and son. Boy, this place has really taken off.
Aah...it seems I am the only Hyderabadi not to have eaten here yet. I got to rectify this ASAP, hopefully for lunch tomorrow.
Old 30th March 2013, 14:53   #5459
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening we went to "Chinese Pavilion" at Rd #1, Banjara Hills for dinner. It's been a while that we came here before and it was a pleasant surprise to see the ambience getting even better and overall place seems pretty upmarket even though a small place

The service and cutlery was nice and everything seemed squeaky clean. There is a nice paper covered on table with some lovely foodie quotes

We ordered the following :-

Sweet Corn Soup ( 2 No's) : Rs.240

It was excellent. We made a mistake of ordering 2/3 as it was almost like three big bowls

Jho Pie Je ( Veg Springrolls stuffed with glass noodles, coconut milk and other veggies) : Rs 250

Excellent even though slightly bland and would be loved by anyone who likes Thai food and I love Thai food immensely. Mom liked it too. Wifey didnt like it.

Chicken in Banana Leaf (Rs.310)

This is supposedly their trademark dish. I was totally disappointed with it. Small 6 pieces covered in banana leaf. No taste, Bland as it was steamed, ginger and banana taste. This spoiled my mood actually.

Veg Black Bean Noodles ( Rs.200)

This was a very unique dish and even though we said medium spicy. It was quite spicy even for me. Mom doesnt like spicy food and had some trouble eating it but, she liked it as much as I did.

Dates with Ice Cream ( Rs.180)

Awesome dessert but, served only with one small scoop of icecream. Wish they served 2 scoops like they do for Honey Noodles.

We also ordered a couple of thumbs-up to go with our snacks and food which is priced Rs.60 apiece.

Total Damages : Rs.1400 ( Best part was there is just a 5% tax, i was pleasantly shocked)

It's a nice place but, should stick to traditional items instead of experimentation and you'll come out satisfied.

Quantity is quite good and service is nice but, the dishes arent cheap. Soups start from Rs.120, NV starts at Rs.310 and Fish starts at Rs.390 a dish. So, this place isn't really economic like we used to think before but, is VFM.

Sorry for the hazy pics. Taken from mobile without switching on camera as it would have been too embarrasing as restuarant was full
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900577.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900576.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900574.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900578.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900579.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900580.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900581.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900582.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013032900583.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th March 2013 at 14:54.
Old 30th March 2013, 18:23   #5460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Chicken in Banana Leaf (Rs.310) ...
This seems to be an innovation that has backfired. The Thais (since your spring rolls were with a Thai filling) make the same rather spicy BUT ... deep fried wrapped in Pandanus leaves, which has a distinct light pleasant aroma. Chicken doesn't work with banana leaves. Fish does, as long as there is an aromatic marinade.

Quote:
... ... Taken from mobile without switching on camera ...
HUH? That is like saying "I ate without opening my mouth at all".

Last edited by DerAlte : 30th March 2013 at 18:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks