Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2013, 14:29   #5611
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Being a jobless Sunday night, decided to go on a drive from Gachibowli in search of the much read "Famous ice creams" at Mozzamjahi market. Had to ask a few people on the way for the route and finally reached there around 10:30 p.m. I tried the following:
1) Bowl of Mango icecream: Great.
2) Bowl of Chikoo icecream: Great.
3) Famous Special icecream: Good.
Yeah, Famous ice-creams are a steal compared to the price you pay for them. All the creamstones of this world are looting people with Rs.200 a small cup with false bottoms to show its a big cone/cup.

However, Famous Ice-Creams taste a bit coarse and rough'ish compared to ultra smooth texture at other fancy outlets. If you dont mind that then Famous Ice-Creams are for you.

Btw, dont bother try other flavours as Famous is popular MOSTLY for these two flavours. First and foremost being Mango and second being Chikoo which is available 365 days a year. But, during mango season they use the real fruit to make their ice-creams.

You get other seasonal flavours but, most of them lack the excellent taste of these two ice-creams.

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th May 2013 at 14:30.
Old 20th May 2013, 17:17   #5612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
However, Famous Ice-Creams taste a bit coarse and rough'ish compared to ultra smooth texture at other fancy outlets. If you dont mind that then Famous Ice-Creams are for you.

But, during mango season they use the real fruit to make their ice-creams.

You get other seasonal flavours but, most of them lack the excellent taste of these two ice-creams.
I like the icecream much better that way compared to the smooth melting butter like texture. That's why I love "Natural" icecream. I always visit "Natural" and take 1 kg tubs home when I visit my sister in Bangalore, but have not been to their outlet here in Hyderabad yet. Their Pineapple-papaya & roasted almonds are my favourite.

Any yeah, the mango icecream I had was made with real mangoes and tasted exactly like the fruit, no artificial flavour can mimic that for sure. Next time I go, I'll have only single flavours each and not "Special" since I am not too fond of biting into those tutty-fruttys and dried resins which kind of spoil the fun.
Old 20th May 2013, 17:46   #5613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Btw, dont bother try other flavours as Famous is popular MOSTLY for these two flavours. First and foremost being Mango and second being Chikoo which is available 365 days a year..
You missed out the best flavour Famous is known for, Custard Apple.

Waseem.
Old 20th May 2013, 18:47   #5614
BHPian

Quote:
I assume you are ordering Chicken Biryani from Paradise? Paradise serves excellent Mutton Biryani and is not really known too well for Chicken Biryani

Btw, I never accept the ones that is already packed. I insist on double masala which they happily give it without any complaints after making me wait for a few mins.

I took away Paradise Biryani from IMAX couple of weeks ago, that was the first time even i didnt like it. It was not bad but, just average.Basic taste and flavour remains same but, somehow masala quantity differ and it lacked its usual punch that day

That reminds me, been couple of weeks that I had Paradise Biryani and also more than that for Prince Chicken Biryani which also iam liking these days.

Do you go all the way to Charminar to eat Biryani at Shadab? And, is it always you eat Chicken or you tried Mutton as well at Shadab?

I like the curries and rotis at Shadab and never liked the mutton biryani as it usually comes with rock hard meat pieces.

Last evening, got take-away from KDM. Kakatiya Mutton Fry ( Rs.140) and Kakatiya Prawn Fry ( Rs.170)

My better half used to dislike prawns but, now she is enjoying KDM Prawn Fry a lot.

KDM is turning things around

I usually prefer Chicken dishes over Mutton. I try to avoid mutton. However, I do have the Mutton Biryani once in a while. This too had the same problem of inconsistency as that of Chicken. I had been so frequent to their Masab Tank outlet that the cash counter person used to smile at me and repeat my previous order automatically

I haven't tried Mutton at Shadab. In fact I have never been to Shadab myself. Just that I happened to get parcels through my friends whenever they visit Old City

But I have been a sucker for Keema-Roti breakfast at Paradise and I do ride almost 45-50 kms from my campus on a Sunday morning just to have a hearty breakfast!!
Old 20th May 2013, 19:13   #5615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Great news Ravi Anna.Will they also serve b'fast here.?
Not sure, Waseem. Have to wait till they open.

Quote:
Its Shah-Ghouse, not Shadaab. I think Ravi anna got confused.
My bad. I got confused.:P
Old 20th May 2013, 19:28   #5616
BHPian

Could someone suggest a nice fast food joint on the way from Hitec City to Secunderabad (Malkajgiri to be precise). Me and a friend of mine are planning to have some nice noodles and veg/gobi manchurian tonight. A place on this route without much deviations would be appreciate but I can still take small deviations if required!
Old 20th May 2013, 19:33   #5617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Could someone suggest a nice fast food joint on the way from Hitec City to Secunderabad (Malkajgiri to be precise). Me and a friend of mine are planning to have some nice noodles and veg/gobi manchurian tonight. A place on this route without much deviations would be appreciate but I can still take small deviations if required!
Not a fast food, but for noodles and manchurian, it has to be Nankings Restaurant in Park Lane.
Old 21st May 2013, 10:05   #5618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
But I have been a sucker for Keema-Roti breakfast at Paradise and I do ride almost 45-50 kms from my campus on a Sunday morning just to have a hearty breakfast!!
Shadaab is the place to be if you like kheema.The other delectable dishes at Shadaab during b'fast are Khichdi with til ka khatta,Gurda Bhaji and its famous Nihari and naan.

A stones throw away from Shadaab is Nayaab, where you can have Bheja Masala, Mutton Masala and Chicken Masala for b'fst with soft Tandoori rotis.

Waseem.
Old 21st May 2013, 10:25   #5619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I like the icecream much better that way compared to the smooth melting butter like texture. That's why I love "Natural" icecream. I always visit "Natural" and take 1 kg tubs home when I visit my sister in Bangalore, but have not been to their outlet here in Hyderabad yet.
There is indeed an outlet for 'Naturals' in Srinagar Colony, close to the Junction with Rd # 2/3 Banjara Hills.

Quote:
Shadaab is the place to be if you like kheema.The other delectable dishes at Shadaab during b'fast are Khichdi with til ka khatta,Gurda Bhaji and its famous Nihari and naan.
Waseem.
Even I am confused. Did we visit Shadaab or Shah ghouse at Tolichowki last year?

By the way, I am told Daspalla has dinner buffet till 3 am, and the spread is good for Rs 450, all-inclusive.
Old 21st May 2013, 10:49   #5620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Could someone suggest a nice fast food joint on the way from Hitec City to Secunderabad (Malkajgiri to be precise).
Check out Nanking in the lane immediately adjacent to the wall of Secunderabad Club. You dont even have to take a detour as its right in your route home

Quote:
You missed out the best flavour Famous is known for, Custard Apple.
I still think Mango is their best flavour. They have many others too but, nothing comes as close as their Mango

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
There is indeed an outlet for 'Naturals' in Srinagar Colony, close to the Junction with Rd # 2/3 Banjara Hills.
Even I am confused. Did we visit Shadaab or Shah ghouse at Tolichowki last year?
Shadab has only ONE outlet and thats at Madina. Where we went for Haleem last year is Shah Ghouse at Tolichowki, Shah Ghouse original outlet is a little ahead of Pista house in Shalibanda
Old 21st May 2013, 17:01   #5621
BHPian

There was lot of activity happening at the new Shadab take away outlet. Looked like it is being inaugurated today.
Old 21st May 2013, 18:15   #5622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Not a fast food, but for noodles and manchurian, it has to be Nankings Restaurant in Park Lane.

Sadly the Nankings is no more the same as it used to be after they revamped the outlet after some unfortunate accident sometime ago.

If you still want to try it the one near the Secunderabad club is a bit better place .
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:51   #5623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
There was lot of activity happening at the new Shadab take away outlet. Looked like it is being inaugurated today.

I am not very familiar with Hyderabad roads. Can you please put up a map? Looks like I will have another outlet for biryani A different biryani every weekend
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:16   #5624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not very familiar with Hyderabad roads. Can you please put up a map? Looks like I will have another outlet for biryani A different biryani every weekend
When your going from Panjagutta Circle towards Jubilee Hills, there is a lane that comes adjacent to a large mosque right on the road (left hand side). Should be < 2kms from Panjagutta circle towards Jubilee Hills Road

Shadab take-away opened in this lane.

Another landmark is left lane immediately after TV9 Office/Dr.Reddy Laboratory office
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:29   #5625
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please put up a map?
Quote:
When your going from Panjagutta Circle towards Jubilee Hills, there is a lane that comes adjacent to a large mosque right on the road (left hand side). Should be < 2kms from Panjagutta circle towards Jubilee Hills Road

Shadab take-away opened in this lane.

Another landmark is left lane immediately after TV9 Office/Dr.Reddy Laboratory office
Here is the exact location in the map : http://goo.gl/maps/BQpO3

Coming from Punjagutta Nagarjuna Circle, come towards Jubilee Hills on Road No. 2 of Banjara Hills, cross Chutneys on your right, cross Almond House on your left, do not turn right towards Srinagar Colony at the traffic signal but continue straight, cross TV9 on your left, immediately after that take a left turn and do not continue straight on the narrow road next to the Mosque towards Jubilee Hills. The left turn leads you to and is known as Road No. 3 of Banjara Hills. You will see Hyderabad House on your left. Cross HH and you will see Shadab on your right. Enjoy and do not forget to post your review!!!

Most Viewed