Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 11:09   #5746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

Please take them to our tried and tested restaurant Sholay which is located at Begumpet.

Waseem.
Thanks Waseem, I would ensure this on the list. Any more options? They would be here for a week
Old 7th June 2013, 15:25   #5747
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Patan Court( Should ideally be Pathan Court)-Road no 45 (same complex which has side wok/bhimas chintram)

Anyways ,had the following:-

Murgh Kali Mirch (Really spicy ,that how i like it)
Patan special biryani-Boneless tandoori chicken pieces (really good)
Roti's

Inr 672 for the above (we were 3 of us)

Will go there again for the biryani
Old 7th June 2013, 15:31   #5748
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Picked up this site which details best places for food (according to some voting stats)

Found some places to be interesting and some i had never heard of , it might be useful for some who might want to explore new places ( if you havent been there still !! )

Not sure how many of us may agree to the ratings but this is kind of a ready reckoner for some good food places/night hangouts @ Hyd. Have a look

http://timescity.com/hyderabad/2013/...ts#awdcat909_1
Old 7th June 2013, 16:20   #5749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I think I have seen kalyani joints in Bowenpally towards the highway.
Where is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
1. Mukarram in Amberpet.
http://goo.gl/maps/Q2cao
I will give Amberpet Mukarram a try tomorrow.

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th June 2013 at 11:47. Reason: Dont quote entire post for a one line reply
Old 9th June 2013, 11:30   #5750
BHPian

I was bored eating the same old cream and fudge stuff, so after much research I went to Meting Moments (opp KBR park). We ordered the two sundae's. Frosted Pearl Drops and Peach Melba. It was rotten to say the least. The Lychees and peaches were horrible tasting. The vanilla ice cream was ok, but the rotten fruits spoiled the taste. Moreover contrary to what was written in the menu, there was no whipped cream whatsoever in it and when we asked why, the waiter gave a silly excuse, that , 'bache nahee hain, toh cream kam padgaye'

I feel like eating some old fashioned ice cream sundae, the one that we get in a tall glasses. Is there any place in Hyd that serves it ? Somethng like this ...
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-575432_10151641782104665_1058108579_n-1.jpg  

Last edited by autotranny : 9th June 2013 at 11:37.
Old 9th June 2013, 11:52   #5751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I feel like eating some old fashioned ice cream sundae, the one that we get in a tall glasses. Is there any place in Hyd that serves it ? Somethng like this ...
Straight away head to "Havemore" in Ohris at Basheerbagh for this type of experience. Try their following icecreams

Monica Lewinsky
Midnight Beauty
Titanic ( Gigantic icecream, good for 3-4 people)
Bullseye ( My favorite choco-cake in Hyderabad. Yet to eat a better one)

Last evening, late in the night felt hungry and ordered for "Spl Mutton Biryani" home delivered from Spice King, Himaythnagar which is part of Blue Fox hotels

Biryani was simply awesome if you like it spicy. Tender meat pieces, loads of masala and very unlike Paradise, Bahar's style

Cost was Rs.260+ Rs. 26 tax + Rest Tip = Rs.300
Old 10th June 2013, 00:33   #5752
BHPian

Quote:

I feel like eating some old fashioned ice cream sundae, the one that we get in a tall glasses. Is there any place in Hyd that serves it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Straight away head to "Havemore" in Ohris at Basheerbagh for this type of experience.
If you dont wanna travel to Basheerbagh, the Havmore at Ohris Banjara also has the same menu. If you find yourself in Secbad esp around MG Road/Paradise you can go to good old Softy Den opposite Gandhi Statue.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:22   #5753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
If you dont wanna travel to Basheerbagh, the Havmore at Ohris Banjara also has the same menu. If you find yourself in Secbad esp around MG Road/Paradise you can go to good old Softy Den opposite Gandhi Statue.
Hmm. Basheerbagh, MG Road, all are the same for us, Hitec City/Miyapur Residents. Depressing lack of choices in our part of the city.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:10   #5754
Senior - BHPian

Something that somebody pasted on my fb wall:

There is a Sunday Charity Seafood Brunch being held at Radisson Blu.
Oysters, crabs, prawns, fish, sushi sashimi and 300 different dishes are part of the menu.

The Radisson hotels have offered to donate the part of their revenue from the brunch to the Desire society around 20 percent.

DESIRE Society is a non-profit voluntary organization established in the year of 2004 and registered in year 2005 under Andhra Pradesh Societies Registration Act, 2001 (Act no 35 or, 2001) in Hyderabad . Now the Organization is functioning in India covering with three states, i.e. Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu with several activities in the field of HIV/AIDS, keeping an objective of health development and well-being of children living with HIV/AIDS (PLCAs).

On Sunday 16th June the foodies in hyderabad head to the radisson and enjoy the sea food Sunday charity brunch and on 22nd June The Chefs of te Radisson hotels along with foodies in hyderabad volunteers will head to the society with loads of goodies pastries and cupcakes and take over their kitchen and cook some yummy food for the lovely kids. We will interact with the children play games show them food carving And other activities as in jewellery making, egg shell art, origami arts and crafts and so on.

The cost of the brunch is 1350 plus taxes.Contact Radisson Blu for more details
Old 11th June 2013, 12:10   #5755
BHPian

Finally its good to be back in the city of biryanis!!

First thing I did on reaching was to grab a pack of Special Chicken biryani from Paradise takeaway at Masab Tank.

This was probably the spiciest biryani I have ever had from Paradise It was extremely spicy. Thank God I did not ask for double masala. I had to remove some of the masala from the biryani before I finished off my meal. However, I still don't like the salan and raita that Paradise serves. It feels hideous to me sadly. I have had better raita at Green Bawarchi and Shadab. Overall the biryani was good, chiken pieces were thankfully tasty this time around and very chunky!

Will rate it 3/5.
Old 11th June 2013, 12:59   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post

First thing I did on reaching was to grab a pack of Special Chicken biryani from Paradise takeaway at Masab Tank.

This was probably the spiciest biryani I have ever had from Paradise It was extremely spicy. Thank God I did not ask for double masala. I had to remove some of the masala from the biryani before I finished off my meal. However, I still don't like the salan and raita that Paradise serves. It feels hideous to me sadly. I have had better raita at Green Bawarchi and Shadab. Overall the biryani was good, chiken pieces were thankfully tasty this time around and very chunky!

Will rate it 3/5.
I had no idea you could ask for double masala! How much extra do they charge for that? I often find the vegetable biryani too bland for my tastes
Old 11th June 2013, 13:01   #5757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I had no idea you could ask for double masala! How much extra do they charge for that? I often find the vegetable biryani too bland for my tastes

Someone posted it here on the thread. I guess it was @mobike. The Veg biryani is a joke almost everywhere. And frankly speaking biryanis were never meant to be vegetarian after all ehh
Old 11th June 2013, 13:16   #5758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Something that somebody pasted on my fb wall:

There is a Sunday Charity Seafood Brunch being held at Radisson Blu.
Oysters, crabs, prawns, fish, sushi sashimi and 300 different dishes are part of the menu.
Thats part of the Hyderabad Foodies group which me and some of other BHPians on this thread are members

I didnt quite understand whats so special about the rate except the charity angle to this event.

Quote:
Hmm. Basheerbagh, MG Road, all are the same for us, Hitec City/Miyapur Residents. Depressing lack of choices in our part of the city.
Havemore Icecreams are worth the visit even from a different city. Only Basheerbagh btw, I didnt like at other outlets of Ohris

Try those ice-creams along with their famed Chola Bathura ( Best in India) and Cutlets ( again one of the best), you will be a happy man

Quote:
Welcome back. Good to see you back in Biryani action.

Quote:
Someone posted it here on the thread. I guess it was @mobike. The Veg biryani is a joke almost everywhere. And frankly speaking biryanis were never meant to be vegetarian after all ehh
Those famous words were quoted by me

Btw, Biryanis were also never meant to be Chicken. So you too please move to the real biryani which is Mutton

@Hellmet, I aske double masala by default when Iam taking it away. Their are no additional charges. They just need to bend little more and dig the masala from the base of the vessel, that's all. Waiter who may have a back-problem can attribute his problem to my age-old requests of "Double Masala"
Old 11th June 2013, 13:46   #5759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
Just to help you keep that newly adopted resolution, there is always an outlet near Srinagar Colony, in Yousufguda - Kababish, which serves a decent chicken Shawarma. His turnover rate ensures that you wont be served stale chicken in the Shawarma - they run out of it by 9-9.30 pm.

Yes. I have been to Kababish. They are value for money. And their Sharwarma are certainly in demand. Two weeks back, I went there at 9:30, and they were over by then. Next day (happened to be Sunday), I went there at 8:20 but again it was over. Next, I went on weekday at 7PM and had them.
Their kababs are good as well.
Old 11th June 2013, 14:06   #5760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Hellmet, I aske double masala by default when Iam taking it away. Their are no additional charges. They just need to bend little more and dig the masala from the base of the vessel, that's all. Waiter who may have a back-problem can attribute his problem to my age-old requests of "Double Masala"

Quote:
Well, what can we vegetarians do but eat what is on offer?
We routinely order an extra curry to accompany our biryani unlike my non-vegetarian friends for whom the meat offers sufficient flavor in itself.
I'll certainly be trying double-masala next time!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks