Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 09:50   #5836
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
A quick question to BHPians in this forum:

Sky Lounge(Avasa) Vs Over the Moon(Daspalla) - which one do we rate better than the other?

We have some folks coming down from US and UK and we are looking at the above 2 options.
I like over the moon ,great ambience/crowd ,good food(portions are small for the price they charge)

You could also try 'aqua' in park hotel (rajbhavan road) ,nice place overlooking the lake

Haven't been to sky lounge
Old 10th July 2013, 14:41   #5837
BHPian

Couldn't see it mentioned in last 25 pages, so I am assuming this has not been covered. Srikanya Take Away behind model house, Panjagutta is good for Andhra non-veg food. Their Andhra Chicken Fry Biryani is much admired. They also serve a lot of other stuff. Whoever I have sent to that place has come back happy . (unless I ended up sending only those whose tastes I knew !)

Location: NIMS to Panjagutta road, turn left towards Dwarakapuri. Model house will be on your right. It is at the left turn itself. Next to Laxmi sweet shop.
Old 10th July 2013, 16:31   #5838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Couldn't see it mentioned in last 25 pages, so I am assuming this has not been covered. Srikanya Take Away behind model house, Panjagutta is good for Andhra non-veg food. Their Andhra Chicken Fry Biryani is much admired. They also serve a lot of other stuff. Whoever I have sent to that place has come back happy . (unless I ended up sending only those whose tastes I knew !)

Location: NIMS to Panjagutta road, turn left towards Dwarakapuri. Model house will be on your right. It is at the left turn itself. Next to Laxmi sweet shop.
I have taken away food from Sri Kanya several times in the past but, I find their food extremely spicy. It's almost doused with spice. Hence, havent been there again after those few experiences.

Most of us beileve our favorite Andhra take-away is the "Kakatiya Delux Mess"(KDM) for its far superior taste
Old 10th July 2013, 17:56   #5839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post

If you like that spicy takeaway, you might want to try out Meghna Spicy Kitchen at Balkampet/Ameerpet/SriNagar Colony.

Cheers
Old 10th July 2013, 19:22   #5840
BHPian

Quote:
A quick question to BHPians in this forum:

Sky Lounge(Avasa) Vs Over the Moon(Daspalla) - which one do we rate better than the other?

We have some folks coming down from US and UK and we are looking at the above 2 options.
Thanks autotranny & Rajesh Rawal for your valuable suggestions!
We have zeroed in on OTM and looking forward to the ambience and food(as stated!)
I will post my feedback about this place in the next day or two.

Cheers
Old 10th July 2013, 19:32   #5841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Olive Bar & Kitchen 's Olive Bistro Opens in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Is this at the same place where a restaurant called Kona's used to exist. If yes, then its an awesome location.

I suppose Olive should be a pricey affair.
Havent been to Kona so not sure if its the same.This one is beyond the BR Ambedkar university.Olive bar &kitchen is definitely a pricey affair in mumbai delhi but here the model is different and not sure if its serving alcohol.Its more of a bristo model here and as per AD Singh(the owner of the brand,also this looks more like a franchisee model in hyd)the prices are kept low(so an indirect admission that its high at the other outlets!! )But I still think this would be a pricey affair.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:10   #5842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We have zeroed in on OTM and looking forward to the ambience and food(as stated!)I will post my feedback about this place in the next day or two.
Over the Moon is owned by Sanjay Batla the ex-co founder and owner of Bottles and Chimneys. The ambience of this place is superb, its a circular resturant covered with glass with a counter in center ( similar to B&C)

Food was just ok ( we ordered grilled prawns, Platters etc) nothing to rave about. So be careful with the ordering as its frightfully expensive. 3 of us ran up a bill of close to 15K

As the night passes, the crowd becomes even better. It's best to reach there around 9pm and you will see the who's and who's of Hyderabad there.

It's a great place to go when someone else is paying the bill
Old 11th July 2013, 15:43   #5843
BHPian

Re: Olive Bar & Kitchen 's Olive Bistro Opens in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Havent been to Kona so not sure if its the same.This one is beyond the BR Ambedkar universityat the other outlets!!
I think its the same place which was earlier kona and tamara ( overlooking the lake )

Place is nice ,too many mosquitos though if seated outside (atleast during non summer )

I hope the olive folks have done a nice vastu puja of sorts (The last 2 ventures bombed )

On a side note since we are talking about olive ,i loved their set up in delhi right next to the qutub minar (yes it was expensive )
Old 12th July 2013, 11:43   #5844
Distinguished - BHPian

Been to 'Pepperoncino" last week. It's a lovely place in terms of ambience and decent food quality and service was quite prompt as well.

We wanted to taste many items so ordered a lot of small portions. Taste of each and every item was quite good except the Lasagne which was little coarse and dry

Loved the Green Apple Mocktail and much better than the Mojito Mocktail

2 Drinks, 4 dishes ( Fish Starter, Garlic Bread, Grilled Chicken and Lasgne) costed us Rs.1000

All small portions are priced between Rs.110 to Rs.185

We werent full but, we didn't go hungry too.

On the way stopped at Chocolate Room at Himayathnagar and digged into a sinful Chocolate Sundae

It was an eventful weekend evening
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20130707wa002.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20130707wa003.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20130707wa004.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20130707wa008.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20130707wa007.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00000287.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th July 2013 at 11:45.
Old 12th July 2013, 11:57   #5845
BHPian

Ramadan month is here and so is Haleems. This season I am not going to miss tasting the best of the bestest chicken haleem. I have seen many makeshifts shops cropped up in all bawarchi restaurants and small shops all along the roads leading till uppal, but not sure whether they are the best or the real haleem.

Which haleem is the best and where do we taste it.
Old 12th July 2013, 12:06   #5846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Ramadan month is here and so is Haleems. This season I am not going to miss tasting the best of the bestest chicken haleem. I have seen many makeshifts shops cropped up in all bawarchi restaurants and small shops all along the roads leading till uppal, but not sure whether they are the best or the real haleem.
Chicken Haleem is blasphemy but, people still enjoy it so i will reserve my comments on it

Dont eat at any roadside stall as you would not know the actual content of the haleem if you know what i mean.

Quote:
Which haleem is the best and where do we taste it.
I have already tasted haleem from Bahar and Sarvi. Both were good but, not spectacular

Haleem should be had from these outlets

1. 555
2. Shahghouse
3. Sarvi
4. Hyline
5. Paradise
6. Bahar
7. Al-Saba
8. Shadab
9. Naigara
10. Pista House
11. Bawarchi
12. Astoria

I would never eat from ANY small outlet on the roadside
Old 12th July 2013, 12:38   #5847
BHPian

How trustworthy are those shops that claim to sell Pista House and Paradise Haleems? I find many bakeries stocking haleems from famous joints nowadays.
Old 12th July 2013, 12:40   #5848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Chicken Haleem is blasphemy but, people still enjoy it so i will reserve my comments on it

Haleem should be had from these outlets

1. 555
2. Shahghouse
3. Sarvi
4. Hyline
5. Paradise
6. Bahar
7. Al-Saba
8. Shadab
9. Naigara
10. Pista House
11. Bawarchi
12. Astoria

I would never eat from ANY small outlet on the roadside
Is the numbering above as per the rating or in no particular order.
By your quote, I can judge that if it is Haleem, it should be only Mutton. And point noted on the road side shops.

Out of the above restaurants, I can pay a visit to Paradise, bahar (is it cafe bahar in begumpet), shadab, pista house and bawarchi (the original one or all bawarchis - green, gold, real)
Old 12th July 2013, 12:52   #5849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
How trustworthy are those shops that claim to sell Pista House and Paradise Haleems? I find many bakeries stocking haleems from famous joints nowadays.
Its not about trustworthy as it will be 100% genuine but, remember it will be reaching the outlets at around 5pm and they sell the same stuff till it gets over at night or maybe even carry it forward next day

When you eat at an original outlet, you can see the haleem coming out of the batti and know its fresh. Simple !

Quote:
Is the numbering above as per the rating or in no particular order.
By your quote, I can judge that if it is Haleem, it should be only Mutton. And point noted on the road side shops.

Out of the above restaurants, I can pay a visit to Paradise, bahar (is it cafe bahar in begumpet), shadab, pista house and bawarchi (the original one or all bawarchis - green, gold, real)
No particular order. However, my favorite last year were as follows :-

Shadab
Shah Ghouse
Hyline

Others mentioned above were good but, not something that I will remember them for.
Old 12th July 2013, 13:17   #5850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Such pre packaged Haleems from Pista House are not 'fresh'. God knows when it was manufactured, as they don't have any date/time printed on it.

All I can say is that, I have seen so many Pista House Haleem selling points, that I am believed to imagine they are making it in some factory. I would definitely not recommend anyone eating such Haleem.

Have it in a restaurant where you know it is made daily, fresh.

Last edited by discobiscuit : 12th July 2013 at 13:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks