Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 13:16   #5896
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Was this at Tolichowki or Shalibanda? We had it at Shalibanda and it was definetly not better than 555
I tried it at Tolichowki and found it to be super good! Iam yet to try 555 after seeing your comments. Might be today as I pass through Masab tank everyday.

And about BF, this was the first time I have been to the kondapur outlet and iam now looking forward to visint again very soon

Also, I had a question about Atiroopa and Prakruta at Alankrita! Could you please help me in choosing the best one among those two?

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st August 2013 at 13:40. Reason: Please dont QUOTE an entire post....thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 13:38   #5897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Also, I had a question about Atiroopa and Prakruta at Alankrita! Could you please help me in choosing the best one among those two?
Atiroopa and Prakruta If iam not wrong have the same kitchen as one of them is an outdoor restuarant and another is inside with nice interiors. The outdoor restuarant has a WELL and a nice open tandoor for making the snacks

So you can choose either of the two when you go there as they are separated by 10 feet

Look forward to a review of the food ambience with pictures. Been a while that I visited Alankrita as their food quality was going down but, the ambience more or less makes up for the long drive
Old 4th August 2013, 23:30   #5898
BHPian

I'll be in Hyderabad this week and will be at Falaknuma, for most of the stay. Are there any good Haleem, biriyani, kabab places nearby? I prefer VFM places for the most part. I missed patthar ka gosht last time and would like to try it this time if possible.
Old 5th August 2013, 08:19   #5899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
I'll be in Hyderabad this week and will be at Falaknuma, for most of the stay. Are there any good Haleem, biriyani, kabab places nearby? I prefer VFM places for the most part. I missed patthar ka gosht last time and would like to try it this time if possible.
Faluknuma is very close to Charminar area which is the hub of traditional eateries in Hyderabad. You have Shah Ghouse, Pista House, Shadab, Nayaab all are within 5 Km from your place. But as you approach Ramzan the traffic situation there will be impossible.
Old 5th August 2013, 12:36   #5900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
Falaknuma themselves are known for the best Mughlai dinner in town and also the most expensive meal in Hyderabad.

However, since Falaknuma is situated near Barkas, you can probably take an autorickshaw and venture out to old city.

Get down at Shalibanda and try the 2nd best Haleem of this season at " Shah Ghouse"

Then walk 0.5kms ahead and try Haleem at "Pista House" on the same road

Then take a autorickshaw and get down at Madina which is 2kms away and enjoy yet one more plate of Haleem and dinner at Hotel Shadaab. You can order the Mutton Rara ( ask them to serve with less oil) and Chicken Dish ( Pics and name of this dish is on Hyderabad Meet Thread)

Hyderabad BHPians had a haleem meet last saturday and had dinner at Hotel Sohail Waves in Malapket

I enjoyed one of the best Patthar Ka Ghosth there along with juicy Andhra Chicken Kebab.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:18   #5901
BHPian

At Falaknuma, which one is the most expensive meal in Hyderabad? Is that at Adaa or Celeste? My wedding anniversary is coming up in 2 months and Iam planning for a wonderful dinner!!
Old 6th August 2013, 12:27   #5902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At Falaknuma, which one is the most expensive meal in Hyderabad? Is that at Adaa or Celeste? My wedding anniversary is coming up in 2 months and Iam planning for a wonderful dinner!!
No idea which one. I understand it costs Rs.3000 per head. Do give us a detailed feedback if you happen to visit
Old 6th August 2013, 12:29   #5903
BHPian

Quote:
No idea which one. I understand it costs Rs.3000 per head. Do give us a detailed feedback if you happen to visit
Sure I would! I will try to research on the options available and will give a detailed feedback if I happen to visit Falaknuma palace! Looking forward anyways
Old 6th August 2013, 13:28   #5904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends on what you want to eat. Adaa serves Traditional Hyderabad Cuisine and Celeste serves Italian and Mediterranean fare.

Quote:
They charge Rs 1500+tax for Lunch and 2000+tax for dinner at Adaa.( Cover charges per person).

Regards,

Waseem.
Old 6th August 2013, 13:29   #5905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
They charge Rs 1500+tax for Lunch and 2000+tax for dinner at Adaa.( Cover charges per person).
Nice. But, iam sure with taxes it will work out to 3K per head easily for the dinner.
Old 6th August 2013, 14:14   #5906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice. But, iam sure with taxes it will work out to 3K per head easily for the dinner.
It is Rs 2400 AI for dinner as the taxes are 20%.They do not have any special rate for weekend.

Waseem.
Old 11th August 2013, 10:05   #5907
Distinguished - BHPian

Been to lunch yesterday at " Sholay" after a long time

We ordered our favorite dish which was :-

Bathinda De Kukkad (Rs.200)

Excellent dish and taste is exactly the same even after trying it after many months. Perfect for rotis and reason i like it so much is due to its green chilly ingredient which is so rare in Hyderabad gravy dishes

Chicken Biryani (Rs.225)

Asked for double masala and they served it with bit more than required. It was excellent nevertheless.

Their usual 20% doesnt hold good and was offered 10% but, they have now introduced Service Charge and their rates have increased quite a bit. Biryani used to be Rs.175 earlier. With these new taxes added the place isnt as VFM as it used to be before

Traveloholic, Neelguy and Self went for lunch last week to " Chinese Fusion" at Gachibowli. This is a new restuarant and is owned by Shanghai Chef (Madhapur) and we ordered the following

Dragon Prawns (Rs.250)

Excellent Juicy Prawns and it was little sweetish but, great taste. Star dish

Shredded Chicken (Rs.180)

This was just average

Fried Noodles in Mixed Meat Gravy (Rs.200)

This was quite good and nice for fried noodle lover. However, Iam not a fan of fried or crispy noodles, i like the traditional soft noodles.

Nasi Goreng (Rs.180)

Mixed meat ( Chicken, Fish and Prawns) Malaysian style fried rice. A different scent to the rice that is traditional malay. Very good

CF is indeed a great place for chinese lunch due to reasonable pricing and good quantities served.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:37   #5908

A little earlier today, while coming from Ameerpet, picked up a parcel to go from Balaji Dhaba, diagonally opposite to Delhi Mithaiwala. Ordered for 1/2 plate Shahi Paneer (Rs.57/-), 1/2 plate Methi Chaman(Rs.52/-), a veg biryani (Rs.70/-). Total damages : a princely Rs.179/- only ! Picked up 6 rumali rotis from Green Bawarchi in Kamalapuri colony for another Rs.60/-.

A dinner for a family of 4 adults and a kid for under Rs.250/-. And now for the taste - Shahi paneer - stupendofabulous.Methi Chaman - Outstanding.

Speaking so highly about veggie food ought to have given me an ulcer, but really, it was worth the high praise.
Old 15th August 2013, 14:53   #5909

Happy Independence Day !!! Kamaal hai ... no activity for the last 4-5 days !!! Either you guys are too busy eating out to write reviews, or everyone is eating ghar ka khaana !!!

14th August being my wedding anniversary (I know, one day before the country celebrates Independence, I rue the loss of my own independence ... ), took my family out for dinner to Khaansaab. Pleasantly surprised by the grandeur and ambience created. A lot of mixed reviews meant I wasn't sure what to expect. Again, pleasantly surprised on 2 more counts - prompt and courteous service, and lip-smacking food. Here's what we ordered :

1. Paya Shorba (Rs.125/-) : One word : Sublime.

2. Nukkad di Tikki (Rs.195/-) : Excellent. Very well executed. Crisp outside,
soft inside, and very tasty.

3. Tunde Kabab (Rs.300/-) : Softest kababs on the earth. Put it in your
mouth, just flick your tongue, and it's gone ! These came highly
recommended - as good as the original Lucknow ones,etc - and so the
expectations wer very high. Only let-down was that the use of nutmeg
was highly over-powering, drowning the taste of the meat, whaich is
such a shame, really.

4. Kadhai Paneer Kashmiri (Rs.220/-) : Perfect. Soft, long fingers of paneer
in a delectable and tangy masala.

5. Subz Haryali Tikki Masala (Rs.210/-) : Excellent. Probably the best
vegetarian dish in the menu. The spinach and onion/tomato gravy was
just too good. Highly recommended.

6. An assortment of Kulchas, Parathas and the likes (Rs.30-Rs.100/-) :
Awesome Warqi paratha, Masaledar Aloo Kulcha, Onion Kulcha, Punjabi
Kulcha. In fact, the kulchas and parathas are so good, no gravy dish is
required, they are just so good on their own. Best in town, IMHO.

7. Fresh and crispy breadsticks served complimentary with 3 super
chutneys / dips.

Total damages for 4 adults and a 6 year old kid : Rs.1700/- including taxes, service charges and tip. At the end we were so stuffed, we had to request at least 25% of the main course to be packed. Portion sizes are good, but please keep in mind that their food is heavy, it'll fill you up quickly. Enjoyable time, good food, service and ambience. Worth a few more visits, for sure.
Old 24th August 2013, 10:54   #5910
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda2K, good reviews. Keep them coming

There hasnt been a single post in last 9 days. Its a shame on Hydeez

I have been eating out regularly but, the same old favorite joints like :-

1. Papaji Ka Dhaba
2. Sholay ( went after a long time, lovely food as ever)
3. Blue Diamond ( been there thrice and decent food for the price)
4. MegaCity
5. Vaishnoi ( Lovely food)
6. Sher-E-Punjab at DK Road, Ameerpet ( Decent food, economical pricing, nice open air ambience)

Come on guys, where you been eating all these days???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks