Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 19:54   #5971
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Yesterday it was a sudden decision to go out for dinner and we thought lets eat Pizza as its been atleast 6 months that I had Pizza ( I think, not sure though)

Off we headed to "Pizza Hut" at SD Road, Secunderabad

They have a festival of Pizza. Unlimited Veg Pizza 199++. Unlimited NV Pizza 299++

We ignored that and ordered Ala-Carte the following :-

Onion Rings
Garlic Bread
Veg Pizza
Chicken Florence Pizza
Lemonades

Onion Rings were good, nothing extraordinary, I like the ones served in HRC. However, the Jalepeno sauce was mindblowing, got them to serve me an extra bowl

Garlic Bread was simply outstanding, crusty, soft and loaded with cheese

Veg Pizza was nice. Thin Crust and very tasty. Mom enjoyed it thoroughly

CFP was the best dish of the evening. For a moment, I was like am I eating ham? The round pieces of chicken were unusual, even though i know they dont serve I still reconfirmed from them

It was very delicious.

However, the star of the evening was Lemonade at just Rs.69. I had 2 glasses. It was cold, sharp and not loaded with sugar like how i like it.

Enjoyed the experience to the core.

Damages : Rs.1252 ( Included 30% of taxes)
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00000977.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00000978.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00000979.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00000980.jpg  

Old 27th September 2013, 22:32   #5972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Lets eat Pizza as its been atleast 6 months that I had Pizza ( I think, not sure though)
Yea Yea, 2 pages back ; Mama Mia - Remember ? Must have been six months from Sep 5th. How time flies
Old 27th September 2013, 23:03   #5973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Yea Yea, 2 pages back ; Mama Mia - Remember ? Must have been six months from Sep 5th. How time flies
A petrol head going for a drive for the sake of enjoying his passion for driving is very different from a petrol head driving to work and/or back from work.

Mobike's visit to Mama Mia was more like a driving duty for him while going to Pizza Hut was going for a drive for the sake if driving.

Hence pizza at Mama Mia does not count.
Old 28th September 2013, 10:36   #5974
BHPian

Quote:
My thoughts exactly
Old 28th September 2013, 10:40   #5975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Holy Cow, I had pizza in this month itself and it completely went off my mind...I should start having Chavanprash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
A petrol head going for a drive for the sake of enjoying his passion for driving is very different from a petrol head driving to work and/or back from work. Mobike's visit to Mama Mia was more like a driving duty for him while going to Pizza Hut was going for a drive for the sake if driving..
Bajaj Saab, If I may slightly correct you, it was actually vice-versa. I was not keen to have Mama Mia Pizza, I went all the way to Sainikpuri that evening to enjoy a ride on my BULL ( it was pleasant and drizzling if I recall correctly) so pizza was just a meal with focus on the ride.

PH trip was more to enjoy the pizza even though i cursed the traffic jam i was stuck in at Paradise. Out of the popular chains we dont like Dominos and Pizza Corner at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hence pizza at Mama Mia does not count.
+1
Old 29th September 2013, 08:55   #5976
BHPian

It was Saturday night and our expedition for outside food ended up in Siddique Kebab Centre. It was 9.30 and scores of people were globbing their chickens outside the shop and much more people inside ordering theirs parcel.

Better half wanted the full grill chicken and promptly got the same. Price was 230/- but somehow feel all the grill chicken were of small size. No fanfare on the grill chicken, just some masala powder was given as a side.

Taste, nothing extra ordinary. But the chicken was well cooked like we do chicken at home. Be it bones or the flesh.

Will go there again, yes. To taste the kebabs next week.
Old 7th October 2013, 10:18   #5977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Couldn't find the shop . The map may be incorrect.
Could be... I have been to their Mushirabad outlet only, which is exactly opposite Guru Nanak Care Hospital in Mushirabad.

The other outlet address, I picked up from Just dial/Zomato website.
Old 7th October 2013, 11:55   #5978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Could be... I have been to their Mushirabad outlet only, which is exactly opposite Guru Nanak Care Hospital in Mushirabad.

The other outlet address, I picked up from Just dial/Zomato website.
Its actually next to Pista House on the road from Red hills to Ek Minar.
Old 7th October 2013, 13:24   #5979
BHPian

Wanted to share an observation about Hotel Bagara (formerly Niagara) at Hyderguda, near old MLA quarters. During my past few take aways from there I have observed that while their non-veg snacks and kebabs are very good, the curries tend to have meat (including boneless) that is not fully cooked. I had passed on the feedback to the concerned person. If they address this issue, the curries would be real value for money since the quantity and the taste of curries is very good.
Old 29th October 2013, 11:09   #5980
BHPian

Hi ppl,

We were planning for office group lunch in "Cinnamon Fusion" near Hitech city, was looking for some input about it. Surprisingly didn't find any here, though the outlet seems to be around for quite a while (at least a couple of years, I suppose). Reviews look like decent on ambience and food, let me know 'our' opinion if anyone happened to try it out.

BTW, we went to Peperoncino at Road # 10, Banjara Hills for the same team lunch last month, and place turned out to be amazing (especially, the assortment of pizzas and pastas they dish out). Just an update, seems not much info coming around last few weeks!!

To add to that, I have been picking up lately from KDM relatively more frequently. Last couple of times, I picked up Mutton Fry Biryani, Prawn Fry, Tangdi Kababs, Natu Kodi Chicken Fry, ... and their spices seems to have been toned down a bit. I remember couple of months back, we used to have fire in our bellies post these KDM lunches.
Old 29th October 2013, 15:58   #5981
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, thanks for reviving this thread. Most of the good foodies have migrated to FIH ( which I think is eating up our contributions to this thread )

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
We were planning for office group lunch in "Cinnamon Fusion" near Hitech city
Is this the place in the lane that leads from MPS to InOrbit Mall? If yes, I have been there a few times and its a decent place to eat

Quote:
To add to that, I have been picking up lately from KDM relatively more frequently. Last couple of times, I picked up Mutton Fry Biryani, Prawn Fry, Tangdi Kababs, Natu Kodi Chicken Fry, ... and their spices seems to have been toned down a bit. I remember couple of months back, we used to have fire in our bellies post these KDM lunches.
Well, I dont think they have toned down their spices but, your palate has got used to it. Reason for repeated visit is their consistency in their taste.
Old 29th October 2013, 17:49   #5982
BHPian

Sorry for the long post. But I think this place deserves a good long review.

Been to this place called Absolute Barbeques which is located above Bajaj Electronics on Jubilee Hills Rd No 36. Had received good reviews from some of my non-TBHP friends and decided to give this place a try with some of my office foodie group. The Poster of this place had the caption 'Ganging out' and this was enough to excite our gang

We were a group of 7 and we were seated immediately (we had a reservation, but some other places still take time to accomodate us). First things first, this place has got absolutely beautiful ambience with a typical american style decor. Large wooden tables to accomodate all the varieties that they serve and absolutely no smell of burning charcoal thanks to those smoke filters placed everywhere. The chairs were a little uncomfortable though. We felt it more after we were full and felt they lacked sufficient lower back support. This place is huge and can easily accomodate more than 200 people in one go.

All tables are taken care by a waiter who first introduces us to the USP of this place. Its something called as a 'Wish Grill'. Basically its a customized grill wherein you get to choose veggies and meat as per your choice (they have rabbit, crab, squid etc) and have them made in the choice of your sauces. If you are unsure about what you need to choose, the cook there will do it for you. We ordered for a rabbit dish with some chinese sauce and it was absolutely amazing. Even the calamari was made perfectly.

They have a very long list of items as part of their unlimited barbeque and even the Wish Grill is included in the price of the buffet. It was also one of the very rare places where even the Veg dishes were equally good. Dont forget to try their special pineapple dish. As like all Barbeques, one Mocktail/soft drink is complimentary. However, unlike other places the mocktail menu is quite long. They had everything from Litchi to Cola style mocktail to Cranberry etc. Since we were 7, we ordered 7 varieties of Mocktails and everyone liked all of them. Some were so good that we ordered for a second round of drinks and we were too glad to pay for them. Starters included Chicken Wings, Chicken Tikka, Prawns, Fish the usual stuff and a Wish grill item named LadyFish which was recommended by the cook. Most of the barbeque starters were quite good and we had multiple servings of all of them. The first time, they had made prawns a little too spicy and on our request, they reduced the spicyness and it was all good.

The main course was a typical Barbeque Nation style spread. But we found the taste to be at par and in some cases even better than BN (We had only visited BN the previous week). The waiters are very friendly and took special care asking us constantly about the taste and spicyness of the food that we were having. Food was promptly replaced and even though there was a huge crowd, no one was kept waiting for want of food.

Desserts are something that I would definitely not miss in this place. I strongly recommend you to reserve some place in your bellies for Desserts. They have a special counter for ice creams where customized ice creams are made Cream Stone style. Lots of choices of ice cream and numerous toppings. Just yummy. There were varieties of puddings, Gulab Jamun, cakes, some dish called Baklava and even Phirni (though it was not upto the mark). Our gang was thouroughly enjoying every bite of the desserts and we had decided by then that we would skip dinner that day and some ended up skipping even breakfast the next day.

Total damages came to around 5600 (all inclusive) for 7 people. Each non-veg buffet costed us around 550 (without tax) and additional mocktails were in the range of 120-180 per serving. Water was charged extra but we were not informed of this before. We spent close to 3 hrs in this place and we found that it was time and money well spent. This place is a really good competition to BN and hope that they do good in the long run as well. A Thumbs up to this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Firstly, thanks for reviving this thread. Most of the good foodies have migrated to FIH ( which I think is eating up our contributions to this thread )
What is FIH? Am I missing something?

Last edited by racer_ash : 29th October 2013 at 17:59. Reason: Added some additional info
Old 29th October 2013, 23:09   #5983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post

FIH stands for Foodies in Hyderabad. It is a FB group where most of us are active contributors. So many a time, to avoid duplication, we end up posting our reviews only on FIH.

By the way, AB's gives some discounts to FIH members. Try it next time.
Old 29th October 2013, 23:30   #5984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ppl,

We were planning for office group lunch in "Cinnamon Fusion" near Hitech city, was looking for some input about it. Surprisingly didn't find any here, though the outlet seems to be around for quite a while (at least a couple of years, I suppose). Reviews look like decent on ambience and food, let me know 'our' opinion if anyone happened to try it out.

BTW, we went to Peperoncino at Road # 10, Banjara Hills for the same team lunch last month, and place turned out to be amazing (especially, the assortment of pizzas and pastas they dish out). Just an update, seems not much info coming around last few weeks!!

Hi,

I have been there a couple of times and loved it both times.
They serve a 5-course meal...I forgot the dishes but I remember the kabab was really delicious and the chocolate lava cake was mouthwatering. They also gave a pizza complimentary for my 5-yr old daughter.
They also have a 3-course mean which is good enough unless you are very hungry. The ambience and the decor is also nicely done. One of the best places to eat in hitec city IMO.

Cost wise I think the 5-course meal costs around 750 bucks per plate and the 3-course one around 550 or so.

One more point - they serve drinks only on specifc days. So, in case you are interested, please call them before you go.
Old 30th October 2013, 06:40   #5985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Been to this place called Absolute Barbeques which is located above Bajaj Electronics on Jubilee Hills Rd No 36.

The chairs were a little uncomfortable though. We felt it more after we were full and felt they lacked sufficient lower back support. This place is huge and can easily accomodate more than 200 people in one go.

Its something called as a 'Wish Grill'. Basically its a customized grill wherein you get to choose veggies and meat as per your choice (they have rabbit, crab, squid etc) and have them made in the choice of your sauces.

Dont forget to try their special pineapple dish.

There were varieties of puddings, Gulab Jamun, cakes, some dish called Baklava and even Phirni (though it was not upto the mark).

Each non-veg buffet costed us around 550 (without tax) and additional mocktails were in the range of 120-180 per serving.

Water was charged extra but we were not informed of this before.

This place is a really good competition to BN and hope that they do good in the long run as well. A Thumbs up to this place.

Absolute Barbecue's Wish Grill, 4th Floor, Above Bajaj Showroom, Madhapur.

I also hated the chairs there. By the way, capacity is 150 pax.

Apart from rabbit, crab, squid, they have quail, octopus and many more exotics.

The use excessive cinnamon powder which overpowers the pineapple flavour. Ask them to serve the pineapple without cinnamon, it is most amazing (the cinnamon flavour would anyway be there from earlier sprinklings but would not be overpowering). Yum!!!!

Baklava is a Turkish sweet. Did you try their Ghevar? They claim it is amazing but I gave it a pass as I am not into milk based sweets.

They have differential pricing system. They have lower prices for early diners (the table needs to be occupied and food service started latest by 7:30), while for late diners the price is higher compared to early diners. Yes, they accept reservations for 7:30 and 9:30 to be able to use the same table twice for each meal. Reservations are absolutely must unless one is willing to wait.

Their dinners are cheaper on Mon & Tue compared to the rest of the days. Their sunday lunch is more expensive compared to lunches on other days. Prices are cheaper by 100/- per pax for vegetarians compared to Non-Vegetarians. Prices vary between 460 all inclusive (Monday Veg Lunch) and 900 all inclusive (Sunday Non-Veg Dinner) depending on veg or non-veg and which day and which meal. Mocktails are complimentary only on certain days and not on all days.

By the way, they charge only 4% Service Charge.

Water is complimentary and that is why they do not ask before pouring. I am shocked if they billed it. Can you please share an image or scan of your bill? Seeing will help me and others to be wary and alert when we dine there and also complain about it to help stop the malpractice.

This place is just not in league with Barbeque Nation. It is FAR FAR FAR ahead.

FIH is Foodies In Hyderabad, a Facebook group which is presently the in thing or the flavour of the season. It will soon fizzle out unless the format is changed. The biggest drawback of it is that you cannot search for past reviews to take a decision based on feedback of others, it is good only for latest posts (maybe those from the the past 3 or 4 hours).

To give credit to FIH, I attended an event at AB where I was billed 250 all inclusive.

Quote:
FIH stands for Foodies in Hyderabad. It is a FB group where most of us are active contributors.

By the way, AB's gives some discounts to FIH members. Try it next time.
There is "NO" discounts at AB's Wish Grill for FIH members now. It was only for the initial days to promote the eatery.

Most Viewed