Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2014, 14:24   #6091
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

I am not sure how many of you guys heard of this reastaurant called My Place. They are located in Shilpa Park layout at Kondapur. What strikes you immediately about this particular locaility is the feeling of calmness. This feeling gets permeated into this restaurant as well. I think they have aptly added the tagline ' Leisure Redefined'.

The restaurant itself does not have a great decor, nor is it overly crowded. In fact when me and wifey were there yesterday, ours was just the second table that was occupied. Since I am a strict veggie when dining out with my wife, this review is only about vegetarian dishes. Also the hotel staff informed us in advance that no tandoori items are available.

We started with Veg hot and sour soup (@ Rs 95) which was quite thick and with the right consistency. It was a tad too salty though. We also wanted to have Gobi 65 for starters. But since it was unavailable, we went for Crispy Veg (priced at Rs 135). Both the soup and the starters were above average and quite frankly exceeded my expectations. The quantity of the Crispy veg was very good and we both found it difficult to finish it. It had the right amount of crunchiness to it and all the oil was well strained off. Unlike many other places, the crispies was not limited to Capsicum and Onion only. It has some pieces of Gobi and aloo thrown in as well.

For main course, we ordered Veg soft noodles (priced at 130 bucks). The quantity for this was good as well, more than sufficient for me and wifey. They served it along with Schezwan sauce and the combination was good. The noodles were with the right amount of spice and quite soft and I was enjoying sucking the noodles one by one into my mouth (like those children in the maggi noodles ad), much to the embarrasment of my wife. We are habituated to order either thums up or coke as we find that it complements Chinese dishes very well. Thums up was priced at 35 bucks.

In the end, we paid about 460 and odd (incl of taxes) for the meal. I wouldnt say that I enjoyed it as much as I would in some of the other places (veg only meal not-withstanding). But if you are looking for some calm and peace and dont mind items like tandoori missing from the menu, it is a real good place for a relaxed aftrenoon meal with your better half.

Last edited by racer_ash : 17th January 2014 at 14:32. Reason: corrected typos
Old 18th January 2014, 11:38   #6092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Is it? When did you have it last?

Been there twice in evenings and that place is always empty. Mind you, not even a single table is occupied. We walked out both times.
Err...We do not eat at the restaurant. Rather hang out in the room and order room service. I ate it as recent as 10-12 days ago. Each and every item is awesome but yeah they are not able to market the restaurant, hence the empty place.
Old 19th January 2014, 02:13   #6093
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
For a great Chicken 65 try Copper Pot @ Hotel Platinum, Himayatnagar. One of the best I ate.
I'll definitely try this place out, thank you.

Quote:
Oh Boy! Nothing to beat the food at Valimas. I love that food even though the dishes are pretty much standard but, the quality of food is way beyond many good hotels as the Khansamas show their true skill there
Good thing was two of the weddings were the same family, so they made an effort to change the menu's for each day. Needless to say, there was a lot of good food. Can't thank enough.

Quote:
Papaji Chicken 65 is my favorite. No Coating, Pure chicken
Bakery Version, King and Cardinal. Best Chicken 65 for 50 bucks. Again, no coating, pure heaven
I now have three new places to try next time I'm there. I should have mentioned this before my trip!
Old 19th January 2014, 06:53   #6094
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good place for finding authentic bagara baingan? This used to be staple along with biriyani at weddings in Hyderabad. The golden brown gravy was so appealing to the eye and palatable to the tongue. These days I rarely find this dish in that form I remember from my childhood. The one we get here in Bangalore is no where close to being authentic :(
Old 20th January 2014, 16:18   #6095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Can anyone suggest a good place for finding authentic bagara baingan? This used to be staple along with biriyani at weddings in Hyderabad. The golden brown gravy was so appealing to the eye and palatable to the tongue. These days I rarely find this dish in that form I remember from my childhood. The one we get here in Bangalore is no where close to being authentic :(
The only place I can think of authentic Bagara Baigan is "Hyderabad House Outlets" or " Kholani's Kitchen Outlets". Iam sure both places will serve BB really authentic and typical hyderabadi style. I have tasted in Hyderabad House and it was very good but, that was many years ago.

You will get BB in many messes and different places but, that is Andhra Style and is really bad so dont even think of trying from those places

For me personally, its best at home. We make it three different styles. Authentic Hyderabad Style, Gulbarga style ( Peanuts included) and North Indian Style where the color and texture is very different and even the Brinjals used is the long ones instead of the traditional round ones
I love all 3 styles to the core and can eat it anytime. I wonder thats why its made atleast once a week at home !!!
Old 20th January 2014, 19:15   #6096
BHPian

Quote:
The only place I can think of authentic Bagara Baigan is "Hyderabad House Outlets" or " Kholani's Kitchen Outlets". Iam sure both places will serve BB really authentic and typical hyderabadi style. I have tasted in Hyderabad House and it was very good but, that was many years ago.
Thanks! I will try these places when I am in hyd next

Quote:
You will get BB in many messes and different places but, that is Andhra Style and is really bad so dont even think of trying from those places For me personally, its best at home. We make it three different styles. Authentic Hyderabad Style, Gulbarga style ( Peanuts included) and North Indian Style where the color and texture is very different and even the Brinjals used is the long ones instead of the traditional round ones I love all 3 styles to the core and can eat it anytime. I wonder thats why its made atleast once a week at home !!!
I totally agree the variants don't match up to the original! Would you mind sharing the recipes if it is not too much trouble

Last edited by chakri400 : 20th January 2014 at 19:16.
Old 21st January 2014, 15:41   #6097
BHPian

Guys,

Please do attend the food fest at Beach House. I am serving chicken biryani at the event.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-food-fest-02.jpg
Old 21st January 2014, 18:29   #6098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Thanks to all those who suggested Hotel Prince at Mehdipatnam for its Chicken Biryani. Since ages I have always relished Mutton Biryani and so I believed that biryani always has to be..Mutton.

Prince has changed this perception the day I had it first. I have tried their biryani thrice and each time I was amazed with it. The texture, moistness, flavor, quality of rice and the perfect blend of light masala and rice is simply awesome. If it is chicken biryani, it would certainly be from Prince for me.
Hey Buddy,

can you please help me with the directions to this place. I cant find anything on google maps :-)

thanks in advance

regards

Rajeev
Old 21st January 2014, 23:09   #6099

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Guys,

Please do attend the food fest at Beach House. I am serving chicken biryani at the event.

Attachment 1194549
Looking forward to seeing you here and trying out your Biryani Ravi anna !
Old 22nd January 2014, 06:23   #6100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Thanks to all those who suggested Hotel Prince at Mehdipatnam for its Chicken Biryani.

If it is chicken biryani, it would certainly be from Prince for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I always love having Chicken biryani from Prince and never get tired of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
+1 Nikhil bhai and Brajesh Bhai on Prince.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
can you please help me with the directions to this place.
Prince Biryani location on map (do zoom in for more accurate understanding of the exact spot) : http://goo.gl/maps/1TyKw

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-prince.jpg

Coming from Masab Tank towards Mehdipatnam, cross Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital on your right, do not take the PVNR Expressway to Airport and keep on the road below, a little ahead as you drive below the PVNRE, the PVNRE turns right, do not turn but continue straight, Hamayun Nagar Police Station will be on your right (and behind the Police Station is Rythu Bazar), continue a little ahead and you will see Himalaya Book Shop on your right. Prince is also on your right immediately thereafter for which you need to go ahead and take a U Turn at the junction. They do not have parking for 4 wheelers.

Caution : Prince also sells Beef Biryani from the same kitchen and service area by the name Mutton (Beef) Biryani. Yes, it is called mutton and, yes, they have mentioned beef in brackets. This is also as amazing as the Chicken Biryani and a must eat for those who do eat beef.

Hope this helps!
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:23   #6101
Senior - BHPian

The new kid on the Andhra block in town-samrudhi.

Was here for a lunch.The place is running on a limited menu for now.Thali(veg and non veg)dosa,biriyanis and a couple of soft drinks are the things available for the moment.First things first-the taste is outstanding and now read on.

Service-Can improve.Very hesitant.The expected flow and smartness is totally absent.Slow service as well.The first serving took a good 24mins after being seated.

Ambienceecor and ambience is just normal.Washrooms available.But no finishing in the washrooms,the cement plastering etc all haphazardly done and gives an incomplete look.Washrooms all smell nice and fresh.The washbasins etc can do a lot more at being spic and span.

Taste:A full 10/10 on the taste and freshness aspect of the food.They have an amazing chef for sure.The chapatis are passable.In fact they would do good if they either remove it or make it the right way.Salt is on the higher side.

Quantity:I went with the nv thali.The mutton definitely could have a lot more meat on it,but then this is how it is at almost all restaurants.No complaints on the chicken though.Taste is yummy.

Pricing:IMO,the nv thalis should be priced a good 80 rupees less than its present INR 328/-.(all inclusive)A meal for two sets you back by a cool 700 rs(with tips,parking attendant tip etc).The pricing as always is open to debate so I shall not mull on it

Overall would I go there again?Yes I would for the taste,not for the service if I am in a hurry and if I was on a budget I wouldnt,as imho the prices are a little steep.Ofcourse maybe with inflation all around people have stopped bothering about te right side in menus!
Old 24th January 2014, 15:53   #6102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The new kid on the Andhra block in town-samrudhi.
Where is this place? You missed highlighting the number of NV items /other items served in the Thali and whether its a plated thali or unlimited?

Btw, a picture would have said more than a 1000 words
Old 24th January 2014, 16:15   #6103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where is this place? You missed highlighting the number of NV items /other items served in the Thali and whether its a plated thali or unlimited?

Btw, a picture would have said more than a 1000 words
This is the place where the erstwhile Kashmir Heights restaurant was-same place.KH closed down and Samrudhi has opened there.On SP Road,just before the Rasoolpura signal.On top of Hyderabad House.

Thali is unlimited as far as the veg dishes on it were concerned,though I am not sure if the non veg items on that thali are unlimited-I doubt it.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 24th January 2014 at 16:16.
Old 24th January 2014, 18:29   #6104
Senior - BHPian

Reuest to team members, please post some details along with the mention of the places you visit like their location of full name.

e.g. I didnt get a jack what KDM is? Google showed 916KDM gold....
Quote:
KDM: The much longed visit ............
Old 24th January 2014, 21:28   #6105
BHPian

Does anyone know what happened to Chef Inam's Steak House? I was at KBR road last weekend and fancied some steak but the place appeared to have shut down. What a bummer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks