Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 22:34   #6106
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedderTheFixer View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Chef Inam's Steak House? I was at KBR road last weekend and fancied some steak but the place appeared to have shut down. What a bummer.
I think they shifted the outlet to Road No. 12.
Old 24th January 2014, 22:40   #6107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Reuest to team members, please post some details along with the mention of the places you visit like their location of full name.

e.g. I didnt get a jack what KDM is? Google showed 916KDM gold....
Kakatiya Deluxe Mess.

You been out of here for so long. Missed you brother.
Old 24th January 2014, 22:46   #6108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I think they shifted the outlet to Road No. 12.
Ah thanks man, that's good to know ill go look up the place up surely !
Old 27th January 2014, 20:21   #6109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Guys,

Please do attend the food fest at Beach House. I am serving chicken biryani at the event.
Just wanted to say this here as well. Your Biriyani was awesome Ravi anna. My friends and I totally loved it and the sweet Kalam which I even took parcel. Thanks for serving it yourself and with all the best pieces and masala. I really liked the slight smoky/earthern taste that lingered on the sweet. Tried some googling to know more about the sweet, but didn't find anything. Overall liked almost everything we had at the food fest except the haleem from Safa Ngo which we felt was not thick enough and lacking that real spiciness/freshness. I guess it was because it was not piping hot.

Once again, awesome job Ravi anna. So we have an in-house biriyani chef and we should be proud of it.
Old 28th January 2014, 11:06   #6110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Just wanted to say this here as well. Your Biriyani was awesome Ravi anna. My friends and I totally loved it and the sweet Kalam which I even took parcel. Thanks for serving it yourself and with all the best pieces and masala. I really liked the slight smoky/earthern taste that lingered on the sweet. Tried some googling to know more about the sweet, but didn't find anything. Overall liked almost everything we had at the food fest except the haleem from Safa Ngo which we felt was not thick enough and lacking that real spiciness/freshness. I guess it was because it was not piping hot.

Once again, awesome job Ravi anna. So we have an in-house biriyani chef and we should be proud of it.
Thanks for dropping in, Jay. Yeah, the haleem was much better on Saturday. Even I felt it was a bit of a let down on Sunday.
Old 7th February 2014, 14:27   #6111
BHPian

Hello Hyd Foodies..

Must admit that this is quite an amazing thread with some great reviews of few known and many unknown must visit eateries in Hyderabad.

Last week I was desperately on the look out for some Paya aka Nihari & was trying to scout for a place in and around Hitech city that serves this dish. I stay at sainikpuri and thought could pick up a parcel from Shadab take away of paradise on the way home. But surprisingly neither of these restaurants have Paya/Nihari on their menu..

Shah Gouse/ Prince/555 etc is not an option as I dont take this route back home . Any suggestion on any good places that serve Paya in & around Hitech city or along the route to Sainikpuri ??

Cheers..
S

Last edited by s@tan2s@int : 7th February 2014 at 14:29.
Old 7th February 2014, 16:00   #6112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Last week I was desperately on the look out for some Paya aka Nihari & was trying to scout for a place in and around Hitech city that serves this dish. I stay at sainikpuri and thought could pick up a parcel from Shadab take away of paradise on the way home.

Any suggestion on any good places that serve Paya in & around Hitech city or along the route to Sainikpuri ?
I think Southern Mirchi (in the lane next to Subway just after Chutneys at Nagarajuna Hills) serves paya curry Andhra style.
Old 7th February 2014, 16:58   #6113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I think Southern Mirchi (in the lane next to Subway just after Chutneys at Nagarajuna Hills) serves paya curry Andhra style.

I am looking for some authentic Hyderabadi Paya. Tried the Andhra style paya at kritunga but didnt quite like the taste. The gravy was too watery.. will try Southern Mirchi today if there is no other option left..

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion.
Old 7th February 2014, 17:44   #6114
Senior - BHPian

My son brought home Chicken Burgers from Vacs Bakery, J Hills last night. I was blown away by the taste! By far the best I've had so far. I've read about Vacs several times, and passed by their Trimulgherry outlet a few times, but on the wrong side of the divider. Never ventured there so far.

Now I know where to go to curb those early evening hunger pangs, when I have a salad lunch. Their Jubilee Hills outlet is only a small detour for my return leg home.
Old 7th February 2014, 19:41   #6115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestion on any good places that serve Paya in & around Hitech city or along the route to Sainikpuri ??
You can also try the following places enroute your home :-

Paradise (Begumpet) :
Never had paya there so not even sure if they serve.

Garden (Clock Tower) : Iam sure they serve Paya, just need to find out the timing/days

Alpha (Secbad Station) : Not exactly your route but, for a good paya, it is a short route.
Old 10th February 2014, 19:46   #6116
BHPian

Paradise didnt have Paya on their menu both @ begumpet and paradise x roads..will chk out Alpha and Garden sometime this week.

Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 23:29   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for some authentic Hyderabadi Paya. Tried the Andhra style paya at kritunga but didnt quite like the taste. The gravy was too watery.. will try Southern Mirchi today if there is no other option left..

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion.
Quality Inn serves Paya for their midnight biriyani buffet. I am not sure about the authenticity since I am not from Hyderabad, but yeah the soup was a bit watery, but tasted good. The last time I had the midnight Biriyani, it was 249/- if I remember correctly.
Old 10th February 2014, 23:29   #6118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Paradise (Begumpet) :

Garden (Clock Tower) :

Alpha (Secbad Station) :
I don't think any of these 3 serve pays or nihari.

Try Mount Banjara Inn next to Punjagutta PS else Point Pleasant on Road No. 10 in Banjara Hills. These may be your only 2 choices. Do find out what time they serve.

I have never eaten paya but the plain nihari at PP is awesome.
Old 12th February 2014, 13:03   #6119
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, looks like there is no other go but, visit old city if you want to relish paya. OR, visit Green Park for their midnight biryani

Ignore all items on offer and just dig into these 3 scrumptious dishes there

1. Paya
2. Haleem
3. Mutton Biryani
Old 12th February 2014, 15:46   #6120
BHPian

Quote:
Last week I was desperately on the look out for some Paya aka Nihari & was trying to scout for a place in and around Hitech city that serves this dish. I stay at sainikpuri and thought could pick up a parcel from Shadab take away of paradise on the way home. But surprisingly neither of these restaurants have Paya/Nihari on their menu.

Any suggestion on any good places that serve Paya in & around Hitech city or along the route to Sainikpuri ?
Quote:
I am looking for some authentic Hyderabadi Paya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Try Mount Banjara Inn next to Punjagutta PS else Point Pleasant on Road No. 10 in Banjara Hills.
Did you try any of the above 2 suggestions? What's your feedback review?

TenHills next to Vacs Bakery on Road No. 10 Jubilee Hills serves Hyderabadi paya.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks