Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2014, 10:51   #6151
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Try Al-Saba next time, they are off Hitec City enroute Gachibowli (Just before the flyover)
Took the chicken biryani parcel last Saturday. The biryani taste was unique, but the piece of chicken is very small. Normally for the same price, we get one side of the chicken buried in the biryani when bought elsewhere.
Also the chicken piece was not that good. Seems to be old stock. It was rubbery and chewy.
No more Al-Saba
Old 17th March 2014, 12:19   #6152
BHPian

This rule applies to most of the cafe type reataurants and even the top ones in the city that serve Chicken Biryani. Never pack the Biryani. Eat it then and there. The same goes for Al-Saba as well. I have been there almost 8 times and never have I been disappointed with the Chicken Biryani served in their dine-in. The one time I took it home, I was totally disappointed.
Old 18th March 2014, 13:04   #6153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
This rule applies to most of the cafe type reataurants and even the top ones in the city that serve Chicken Biryani. Never pack the Biryani. Eat it then and there. The same goes for Al-Saba as well. I have been there almost 8 times and never have I been disappointed with the Chicken Biryani served in their dine-in. The one time I took it home, I was totally disappointed.
+1. Iam not a fan of take away for Chicken Biryani. I prefer to enjoy it right there and then. My favorite Paradise biryani also tastes not that good when its parceled

Visited Al Saba twice and it was a good experience !!
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:02   #6154
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been quite a while that I enjoyed a plate of hot sumptous biryani. This weekend I plan to do just that

Can someone list out the best biryani in town ( except Paradise which is my favorite but, would like to try others)

Actually, we should dedicate one post outlining such important information
Old 22nd March 2014, 13:51   #6155
BHPian

Quote:
Its been quite a while that I enjoyed a plate of hot sumptous biryani. This weekend I plan to do just that

Can someone list out the best biryani in town ( except Paradise which is my favorite but, would like to try others)

I've heard people recommending the restaurant at Taj Krishna, FIRDAUS to have a pretty awesome biryani. I'm sure it will be exorbitantly priced, but no harm in 'You' trying and giving us a feedback.
Old 22nd March 2014, 13:56   #6156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I've heard people recommending the restaurant at Taj Krishna, FIRDAUS to have a pretty awesome biryani. I'm sure it will be exorbitantly priced, but no harm in 'You' trying and giving us a feedback.
we poor Bonnie owners cannot afford to go to Taj Krishna but, you i10 Auto owners can certainly do that. I will be waiting for the reviews soon

Jokes apart, I did have the Biryani at "Kebab-e-Bahar" at Taj Banjara last year during our anniversary and it was good. It was priced at 650 ++ for one plate

5 Star hotel biryani is usually passee...except for GP which I like a lot !!
Old 22nd March 2014, 16:05   #6157
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Mobike,
I'd recommed this mess opposite to DLF on a weekday for Lunch. It's called Sri sai mess and serves awesome natu kodi pulao. I remember there was a discussion about this mess a couple of pages back. Excellent VFM at 120 per plate. You can help yourself with a second round too. Excellent consistency in terms of flavour and taste and also with their cooking. Always cooked very well. They have the regular dum biryani too but I suggest you try this one out.

Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2014, 18:25   #6158
BHPian

Picked up some thing from KDM after a bit of break .. its been mostly Shadab/B'jara) lately due to more reasonable dose of spices in their dishes (though folks have gotten wary of the cashews they invariably put in most veg/non-veg dishes' gravy).

Got my usual menu of Mutton Fry Biryani and Prawn Fry and they were delicious as always, every one just love the biryani and its smell.
Tried out a plate of Fish Roast as well, a good pair of fried fish pieces, a little oily though.
BTW .. their prices have increased a little since Jan as far as I remember.
Old 25th March 2014, 13:33   #6159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Did you try any of the above 2 suggestions? What's your feedback review?

TenHills next to Vacs Bakery on Road No. 10 Jubilee Hills serves Hyderabadi paya.
Sorry. missed your post,didnt get a chance to try Tenhills yet, did try the midnight buffet at green park and loved the Haleem and Paya they serve.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Mt Banjara and Point pleasant, will give it a try some time soon.

Last edited by s@tan2s@int : 25th March 2014 at 13:38.
Old 25th March 2014, 16:33   #6160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
didnt get a chance to try Tenhills yet

Thanks for the suggestion on the Mt Banjara and Point pleasant, will give it a try some time soon.
Traveloholic and 3 of us had lunch today at Eat 3 in Kondapur behind TCS building. Pretty average food in continental cuisine.

While eating lunch, we discussed having a lunch meet day after tomorrow again and are thinking of 10Hills in Jubilee Hills.
Old 27th March 2014, 16:30   #6161
BHPian

Looking for a place to quickly pickup some decent chinese (indian-chinese will do) food in or around Road#12 Banjara Hills for a small gathering. You know, the typical chinese take-away. What do you guys suggest ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Looking for a place to quickly pickup some decent chinese (indian-chinese will do) food in or around Road#12 Banjara Hills for a small gathering. You know, the typical chinese take-away. What do you guys suggest ?
Sorry I just missed the edit window. I'm traveling from Inorbit to Rd#12. Any restaurant on this way is also good!

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th March 2014 at 17:41. Reason: merging posts
Old 28th March 2014, 18:39   #6162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Hello Hyd Foodies..

Must admit that this is quite an amazing thread with some great reviews of few known and many unknown must visit eateries in Hyderabad.

Last week I was desperately on the look out for some Paya aka Nihari & was trying to scout for a place in and around Hitech city that serves this dish. I stay at sainikpuri and thought could pick up a parcel from Shadab take away of paradise on the way home. But surprisingly neither of these restaurants have Paya/Nihari on their menu..

Shah Gouse/ Prince/555 etc is not an option as I dont take this route back home . Any suggestion on any good places that serve Paya in & around Hitech city or along the route to Sainikpuri ??

Cheers..
S

Dude we are going to this place called 'Matam Al Arabi' at Barkhas tonight, i am told the Mutton served here is out of this world. Will check it out and elaborate on the menu later.

PS: Been fasting all day to 'optimize' the experience
Old 28th March 2014, 22:13   #6163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedderTheFixer View Post
Dude we are going to this place called 'Matam Al Arabi' at Barkhas tonight, i am told the Mutton served here is out of this world. Will check it out and elaborate on the menu later.
Never heard of this place. Please share a review and some pics if possible of this place

Yesterday, we had some mid week chinese cravings and visited our all time favorite "Ming Court" at Ohri Basheerbagh

We ordered the following :-

Veg Chilly Sticks

Trademark Dish and they can never go wrong

Crispy Potato in Hot Garlic Sauce ( Entree')

Excellent and tasted really good

Veg Manchuria in Gravy

We order take home many times and its always fantastic. Yesterday was no different

Veg Hakka Noodles ( Garlic and Chilly)

Garlic taste was so subtle and noodles were excellent

Egg Fried Rice ( Oh boy, Oh Boy) ...I reckon thats enough to say how we felt about it

All of the above was washed down with Thumbs up. It was an excellent meal. We crawled down to ground floor and demolished a "Monica Lewinsky" between the 3 of us and had to be practically carried back home

I love MING COURT
Old 1st April 2014, 11:26   #6164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Traveloholic and 3 of us had lunch today at Eat 3 in Kondapur behind TCS building. Pretty average food in continental cuisine.

While eating lunch, we discussed having a lunch meet day after tomorrow again and are thinking of 10Hills in Jubilee Hills.

Did this lunch meet happen as planned ? If not, will be glad to join if planned for anytime this week..

Quote:

PS: Been fasting all day to 'optimize' the experience

Jack..Never heard of this place. How was the experience ? please share your review.

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st April 2014 at 16:52. Reason: back to back posts. Repeat will attract infraction. Cheers!!
Old 1st April 2014, 12:35   #6165
BHPian

Quote:
Dude we are going to this place called 'Matam Al Arabi' at Barkhas tonight, i am told the Mutton served here is out of this world.
Yes review of this place would help.

We usually land up at yum yum tree in barkhas area for their bbq chicken rolls and the mutton mandi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks