Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 22:44   #6181
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Visited Paradise hitec city recently for Kheema and Roti dine-in for lunch. If I remember correctly Paradise used to mention the prices inclusive of taxes in the menu. But this time they charged taxes over and above the bill. This was a shocker for me. Their prices were already on higher side almost equivalent to good fine diners but the portion size and tax inclusive prices used to make it VFM, but not any more. Kheema kaleji and Egg Kheema were missing from the menu. The onions served looked stale. Not returning in the near future for sure.
Old 20th May 2014, 03:12   #6182
BHPian

Chinese Pavillion:

This restaurant is located bang opp the Vengal Rao Park in Banjara Hills. If you are coming from Nagarjuna Hills roundabout, just after you cross "Sona Wines" on your left, keep an eye out for "D'Kobbler" on your left. Chinese Pavillion is located in the basement of the same building.

Based on advice from folks at Zomato, my friend and me ventured out to this place to try out their Chinese fare. Both my friend and me are ardent fans of Aromas of China and visit the restaurant in City Centre Mall atleast 3-4 times a month. Ever since we started visiting Chinese Pavillion, our visits to Aromas of China have come down to about once a month.

Some of the dishes that we liked during our various visits to this place are:

Starters:
- Chicken in Banana Leaf
- Dumplings
- Pepper chilly squid
- Prawns Pepper Chilly

Main Course:
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Chicken Hakka Noodles
- Chicken Schezwan Fried Rice
- American Chopsuey
- Chinese Pavillion Noodles
- Sapo Chicken
- Shredded Lamb Brocolli and Mushroom Sauce
- Chicken Spicy Sauce
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce

This place is a must visit for all Chinese food lovers.
Old 20th May 2014, 07:00   #6183
BHPian

Has anyone tried Menchie's ?It's a great place for desserts. They basically sell frozen yogurt. It's located just a few meters ahead of the JLR dealership. There are around 10 flavors, a new flavor can be tried by mixing a combination of flavors. Also 2 sugar free flavors available. Also there is no limit on the toppings, just add what you want, how much you want and pay by weight. Also wide variety if fruits available starting from kiwi to litchi.

They charge by the weight if the cup, 100grams costs 60/- By checking in via Facebook or foursquare we get a 10% discount. Definitely a must try I feel it's much better than cream stone. I believe it's temporarily closed but there are many other branches.
Old 20th May 2014, 13:41   #6184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Visited Paradise hitec city recently for Kheema and Roti dine-in for lunch. ....Not returning in the near future for sure.
Paradise Hi-Tech city is nowhere as authentic or VFM as the original branch. It is there just to attract the brand conscious IT junta in the area by promising to offer the authentic Hyderabadi khaana. Last time I was there with my office crowd, most of them were there just to update their FB status saying they ate at Paradise, caring two dimes about taste.
Old 20th May 2014, 20:28   #6185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I believe it's temporarily closed but there are many other branches.
I used to visit this place quite often some time ago.... Accordingly to the Manager, the icecream is much healthier in terms of calories when compared to competition.

Any idea when they are likely to reopen for business?
Old 20th May 2014, 23:03   #6186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1dotcom View Post
I used to visit this place quite often some time ago.... Accordingly to the Manager, the icecream is much healthier in terms of calories when compared to competition.

Any idea when they are likely to reopen for business?
Unfortunately No. I did Google for their other branches, no luck. In case you happen to have the number of the manager you had spoken to, he might let us know the new location. True indeed, these yoghourts have much lesser calories compared to the regular ice creams. My guess there might relocate to Madhapur area or shift to GVK??
Old 20th May 2014, 23:07   #6187
BHPian

Give me a couple of days. I will find out and revert back hopefully with an update.
Old 21st May 2014, 17:44   #6188
BHPian

Ohris Dhaba
Been there last month when the price was Rs.325(all inclusive).
A 500ml water bottle and 200ml thums up was given free.
Food was good for the price.
Noticed yesterday, the price has gone up to Rs.399.

Green Bawarchi(Madinaguda)
Took takeaway of Chicken biryani on Saturday.
Asked for extra chicken, was charged Rs.300(200 for biryani and 100 for extra chicken). Good quantity of rice and chicken, well cooked chicken. Satisfied.
However I find the quality and taste is inconsistent at this outlet.

Paradise(hitech)
Takeaway of Chicken biryani yesterday.
Asked for extra chicken, suggested to go for special chicken biryani @ Rs.250. Good quantity of chicken.
Excellent. Consistent in taste and quality.
Old 21st May 2014, 22:05   #6189

Note from Support: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st May 2014 at 23:46. Reason: See note. Thanks!
Old 27th May 2014, 20:47   #6190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
My guess there might relocate to Madhapur area or shift to GVK??
Spoke to a friend who visits this place almost everyday... He informed me that they are out of stock as their raw materials come from abroad and it is supposedly stuck in customs.

Likely to reopen in the first week of June.
Old 27th May 2014, 21:23   #6191
BHPian

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1dotcom View Post
He informed me that they are out of stock as their raw materials come from abroad and it is supposedly stuck in customs. Likely to reopen in the first week of June.

This is something that would have never come to my mind. Good that it'll be open soon. One of my favorite places in the city. And tastes better than the regular ice creams.
Old 29th May 2014, 14:01   #6192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Green Bawarchi(Madinaguda)
Took takeaway of Chicken biryani on Saturday.
Asked for extra chicken, was charged Rs.300(200 for biryani and 100 for extra chicken). Good quantity of rice and chicken, well cooked chicken. Satisfied.
However I find the quality and taste is inconsistent at this outlet.
This place is not good for biryani at madinaguda,do try the biryani at Bawarchi Mughal Residency at BHEL X Roads towards ashok nagar (beside HP petrol pump),try their handi chicken/mutton biryani which includes a tandoori roti + butter gravy + biryani enough for two people its a lot better than any from the Green Bawarchi chain.

Last edited by arcotsrinivas : 29th May 2014 at 14:02.
Old 29th May 2014, 23:24   #6193
BHPian

Amarendranath: Have you tried Mist n Creams at MLA Colony, off Rd No 12, Banjara Hills?

They make "instant" icecream where they put the ingredients into a "cake batter mixer" and then pour liquid nitrogen to make it freeze in a matter of seconds.

If you havent been there, I would recommend visiting this place atleast once for the novelty of it.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:02   #6194
Distinguished - BHPian

Though I live in Himayathnagar and have seen this restuarant from outside many times in the past. We never went there as it was pure veg

Over the weekend, we decided to head over to "Sardarji"

Being the weekend, it was packed and has a nice airy ambience without being too plush. You get to see the huge kitchen throught the glass enclosures and food served on tables were really amazing

We ordered the the following :-

Paneer Tikka
Paneer Makhni
Kulcha and Rotis
Lassi

Each and every item was out of this world. Rich, aromatic and very very heavy and anyone who says 13 Dhaba is awesome should also check this place out

Paneer Tikka were huge soft chunks of paneer grilled to perfection and served on the rods with equal amount of grilled veggies. Looks lovely

Pricing is Rs.180-200 for snacks and similarly for curries and dals. So not exactly a cheap place for vegeterian food but, amazing authentic north indian taste and quality more than makes up for it

Iam already looking forward to going back again !!!
Old 7th July 2014, 02:16   #6195
BHPian

This thread seem to have died. Where are all the hardcore hyd foodies?

How is the Ramzan season haleem tasting going on folks? I tried few of the good ones we had last time during the meet. But sorry to say this time I was left disappointed at most places.

Tried the following:
ShahGhouse (hitec, new branch) - Average
Al Saba (Gachibowli) - Good (the best of the lot so far. Had it twice)
Green Bawarchi (Gachibowli) - Very bad, The worst i've eaten so far. The bones, whole spices, skin etc were too much that I stopped eating after 2-3 spoons. Never going back there.
Cafe 555 (Masab tank) - Average, quite shocked since this was one of the best last year round.
Sarvi (Banjara hills) - Average
Pista house (counter near tolichowki) - Average at best. And shockingly overpriced at 150/-

Overall not a good start I would say. Most of the haleems felt bland to what I was expecting. Just wheat and mutton with very little flavor to it. Surprisingly Al Saba has been the pick of the lot for me so far. I seriously hope the old city outlets are still as good as it tasted last year.

P.S: I'm not an expert in Haleem and just started eating this delicacy a year back.

Most Viewed