Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 20:55   #6196
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Tried the following:
ShahGhouse (hitec, new branch) - Average
Al Saba (Gachibowli) - Good (the best of the lot so far. Had it twice)
Green Bawarchi (Gachibowli) - Very bad, The worst i've eaten so far. The bones, whole spices, skin etc were too much that I stopped eating after 2-3 spoons. Never going back there.
Cafe 555 (Masab tank) - Average, quite shocked since this was one of the best last year round.
Sarvi (Banjara hills) - Average
Pista house (counter near tolichowki) - Average at best. And shockingly overpriced at 150/-

P.S: I'm not an expert in Haleem and just started eating this delicacy a year back.
Your on quite a roll. Even before the first TBHP Haleem meet of this year, you have covered almost all outlets. I hope you will be joining for the Haleem meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
"anyone who says 13 Dhaba is awesome should also check this place out"

Pricing is Rs.180-200 for snacks and similarly for curries and dals. So not exactly a cheap place for vegeterian food but, amazing authentic north indian taste and quality more than makes up for it

Iam already looking forward to going back again !!!
The USP of 13 Dhaba is that they serve home-style food. Being a regular there, I see that most people opt for rice items like Kadhi chawal, Chole Chawal and Rajma Chawal. These items are not found in other Punjabi joints quite often. On top of it, every item is priced at Rs 60 (after the recent upward revision) and so there is little wonder that the crowd keeps swelling.

Last Friday, I had gone there during lunch to get some take away, but there were already 30-40 people waiting in queue at 12.30 pm to order. So I had to settle for the nearby Just Punjabi grill.
Old 7th July 2014, 23:16   #6197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Though I live in Himayathnagar and have seen this restuarant from outside many times in the past. We never went there as it was pure veg

Over the weekend, we decided to head over to "Sardarji"

Being the weekend, it was packed and has a nice airy ambience without being too plush. You get to see the huge kitchen throught the glass enclosures and food served on tables were really amazing

We ordered the the following :-

Paneer Tikka
Paneer Makhni
Kulcha and Rotis
Lassi

Each and every item was out of this world. Rich, aromatic and very very heavy and anyone who says 13 Dhaba is awesome should also check this place out

Paneer Tikka were huge soft chunks of paneer grilled to perfection and served on the rods with equal amount of grilled veggies. Looks lovely

Pricing is Rs.180-200 for snacks and similarly for curries and dals. So not exactly a cheap place for vegeterian food but, amazing authentic north indian taste and quality more than makes up for it

Iam already looking forward to going back again !!!
Avinash,directions please?
Old 8th July 2014, 19:51   #6198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Your on quite a roll. Even before the first TBHP Haleem meet of this year, you have covered almost all outlets. I hope you will be joining for the Haleem meet.

Haha, yeah. Inspired by last years Haleem meet we had, I did a similar run with few of my friends. And yeah, will surely try to make it for the haleem meet on 19th. Will confirm once the plan is laid out on paper.
Old 11th July 2014, 12:18   #6199
BHPian

Can anybody tell me where can I get good Fish biryani for take away ?

Preferred places : Kukatpally, hitech city to Paradise

Please suggest
Old 11th July 2014, 15:02   #6200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Can anybody tell me where can I get good Fish biryani for take away ?

Preferred places : Kukatpally, hitech city to Paradise

Please suggest
The only place i have ever had good Fish Biryani is at Fish Land, Ameerpet.

Waseem.
Old 11th July 2014, 15:10   #6201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The only place i have ever had good Fish Biryani is at Fish Land, Ameerpet.

Waseem.
Thank you Waseem bhai. Will try it out today.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:20   #6202
Senior - BHPian

This thread has died down!we ate out after a long time and what a disaster it has been:(

Haiking,Jubilee-Thumbs down for me.

Yes have no qualms in admitting the Ajinomoto used is very less in comparison with the normal Chinese Torture cooking indulged by some of the regular chinese joints-so thats a plus for them and the only one unfortunately!

-Service average-grumpy and this when the restaurant is at quarter occupancy.The maitre'd "obliged" us by smiling and agreeing to take our order.Once the bill is given,people hanging around to see how much would be the tips that come,commenting in between themselves at audible and "seeable" distances from the patrons-"itna hi rakha hein", attitude of please eat and clear fast
-Food:Sorry but this is just glorified bandi food imo,not worth the extremely steep pricingits just plain amateurish,no creativity no hard work,least of all no consistency even.The next table had Kimchi presented to them while ours had no sign of it!
-Presentation:At this price range,you would expect some kind of visually appealing stuff,not some food thrown on a white porcelain serving dish,
-Quantiy:if you are really hungry,its just enough for one person a dish,
-I doubt if they have heard of sauces being used in chinese cooking and the use of spring onions or is Hyd facing a shortage of springies?To add to it,is the new age veg fried rice a rice tossed with no veggies?,
we kept digging for gold(veggies)but unfortunately nothing materialised:(
-Any Chinese restaurant with a pakoda on their menu is just plainly NOT fine dine chinese,It was such a let down reading the menu.And what is m"A"ngolian rice-?Lets get the right handside correct on the menu-thats all tht matters,the left hand side be damned-afterall its all the same isnt it-same batter,same sauce!
-The only difference between a Pepper Chicken and a Chicken Pakoda as per them is in the Geometry of the pieces-Pepper is shapeless like an amoeba and Pako is round like a "circle" everything else same.Can somebody please tell them Pepper means Capsicum aka Bell Pepper!!!!
-Meal for two at INR 1200rs ,I am sorry,I think I have been spoiled rotten and royally by Chinese Pavilion-easily the best in the country!I sincerely hope and wish Haiking and CP are not referred to in the same breath.Yes this is defi good if I was looking for a quick street food experience at one fourth the prices,but not at such prices.

Such a long review is just my way of venting out my frustration of having spent some hard earned money on some really sad food-sigh:(
Old 17th August 2014, 02:50   #6203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1dotcom View Post
Chinese Pavillion:

Ever since we started visiting Chinese Pavillion, our visits to Aromas of China have come down to about once a month.

No offense to you F1dotcom, however this place is a "Never Visit" for Vegetarians.

Based on reviews and suggestion by fellow BHPian (no offense to anyone), I did go to Chinese Pavilion ditching Aromas of China.

Starting with the service, the soup, starter, noodles and everything was plain rubbish.

No taste at all to sum it up.

Swore never to go again. I would stay hungry but not step my foot in Chinese Pavilion.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:04   #6204
Distinguished - BHPian

A bit of an unusual post but what the heck, here goes -

It's been more than a year since I shifted out of Hyderabad. Now I badly want to have the Paradise Biryani - with no sight of anyone coming down to Delhi, what are my options? :(

Had heard earlier that GATI used to deliver in other cities but don't see any info on it now.
Old 19th August 2014, 19:27   #6205
Senior - BHPian

Can someone suggest the best place for Kerala food? A couple of my friends wanted to try out some Kerala dishes. So just asking if anything has improved in the last couple of months?

Did anyone try out the Kerala Kitchen (Kondapur) or Utupura (Banjara Hills) recently? I've had some bad experience from both the places long back and have not tried Kerala food outside in recent times.
Old 19th August 2014, 19:35   #6206
BHPian

Guys,

Anyone has info on Menchie's? It was a sweet little place. Been closed for a while now. Last I heard their confectioneries were blocked at customs.
Old 20th August 2014, 21:48   #6207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Can someone suggest the best place for Kerala food? A couple of my friends wanted to try out some Kerala dishes. So just asking if anything has improved in the last couple of months?

Did anyone try out the Kerala Kitchen (Kondapur) or Utupura (Banjara Hills) recently? I've had some bad experience from both the places long back and have not tried Kerala food outside in recent times.
I guess you too are from Calicut (I was born there, but lived most of my life in Thrissur). If so, you wont like Kerala Kitchen much. Their food is very much inspired by south Kerala style tastes. Recently all their waiters are from outside Kerala and don't know head or tail of what we order.

Kairali is a better option if you can overlook the ambience or lack of it. I read on some forum that Uttupura is no longer run by a Malayalee and has hence lost its charm. (Ranjitp1 can confirm)

Have you tried Aksons Cafeteria. It is located at Punjagutta. Cross Central and go towards NIMS, its the last shop before the first left (the road that leads you to Rajbhavan road). Heard good reviews about it. This shop was also featured last week on Amrita TV news snippet, "Thattukada". I havent been there yet since finding parking will be a nightmare.
Old 20th August 2014, 22:44   #6208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you too are from Calicut (I was born there, but lived most of my life in Thrissur). If so, you wont like Kerala Kitchen much. Their food is very much inspired by south Kerala style tastes. Recently all their waiters are from outside Kerala and don't know head or tail of what we order.

Kairali is a better option if you can overlook the ambience or lack of it. I read on some forum that Uttupura is no longer run by a Malayalee and has hence lost its charm. (Ranjitp1 can confirm)

Have you tried Aksons Cafeteria. It is located at Punjagutta. Cross Central and go towards NIMS, its the last shop before the first left (the road that leads you to Rajbhavan road). Heard good reviews about it. This shop was also featured last week on Amrita TV news snippet, "Thattukada". I havent been there yet since finding parking will be a nightmare.
Thanks autotranny. All the usual suspects figured here. I had been out of Hyd for a while and just got back a couple of months back. Most of the old places are still the only ones here. As for Kairali, I can overlook ambience but not the lack of general cleanliness and hygiene.

Looks like the best reply for someone asking me for trying authentic Kerala food in Hyderabad is to suggest a vacation to Kerala.

Akson used to be good, except for the parking as you rightly pointed out and the cramped layout. There are only a few tables where a group of 4 can sit properly. We used to park in Hyd Central mall and walk down to Akson, mostly during lunch and evening tea/snacks. Try out the evening tea if you get a chance, not many places here seem to have that tradition.
Old 20th August 2014, 23:25   #6209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Thanks autotranny. All the usual suspects figured here. I had been out of Hyd for a while and just got back a couple of months back. Most of the old places are still the only ones here. As for Kairali, I can overlook ambience but not the lack of general cleanliness and hygiene.
Have you been to the new A/c restaurant where Kairali has moved to, a few blocks down the road. Its heaven compared to the earlier place.
Old 20th August 2014, 23:32   #6210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have you been to the new A/c restaurant where Kairali has moved to, a few blocks down the road. Its heaven compared to the earlier place.
Where exactly is this located.

I used to be a regular at Akson's cafe about 10 years back. Used to love the pepper eggs and parotta.
Should go there sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks