Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2014, 16:11   #6256
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Also recommended to food critics Hyd-traveller and Traveloholic. Would love to hear from you all on this place.
I protest this disparity... Why is my name missing.?.

I have visited Nalas many times in Chennai(Vadapalani/Anna Nagar and EA Mall outlets)

Waseem.
Old 15th October 2014, 02:09   #6257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
" Moti Mahal"
Anyways, one more restuarant struck off my list
I have been to this restaurant earlier, and reviewed it on this thread. I am quite surprised by your feedback as my bill was more like Rs 350 per head. The only difference is that I had only ordered veg food. Not sure if veg food is cheaper or if they have jacked up the rates now.
Old 15th October 2014, 09:23   #6258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I have been to this restaurant earlier, and reviewed it on this thread. I am quite surprised by your feedback as my bill was more like Rs 350 per head. The only difference is that I had only ordered veg food. Not sure if veg food is cheaper or if they have jacked up the rates now.
Well, it was my first time and I have listed the items that were ordered. Imagine paying 650 bucks for 1 piece Tandoori and Mutton, little bit of veg snack, 2 rotis and two gravies ( only one was meant for the NV's and tasted the other one)

Also, taste was good nothing to rave about.

Not worth the price at all !!!
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:57   #6259
BHPian

I am not sure if this restaurant has already been visited/ a favorite spot for foodies of T-bhp ,but I believe the Moti Mahal in Gachibowli is a place that needs a special mention again.
Moti Mahal, as they say, is a famous eatery joint in North especially around Delhi famous for its Tandoori Cuisine.
Last night, while looking out for some simple eating spots. we spotted this on the right side of the Gachibowli-Mehdipatnam road and we decided to give it a try. Including myself, we were 5 and we were expecting some simple and plain items since we assumed we had a heavy lunch in 4 seasons [ though it was not satisfactory for me since I am a vegan] . No one, per se, was really hungry but just wanted to eat for the sake of it. Since we were not able to find any plain items, we ordered a Chicken Biryani [ for NV members] , veg fried rice, Chilli paratha and Dal Makhni . and after 10 min or so, food was served .The parathas, Biryani and fried rice were really good but it was the Dal Makhni that just shadowed every other item [ even the Chicken]. It was exquisitely Exotic and simply cooked to perfection and all of us craved for its helping again and again till we ordered one more. And this all happened while no one was really hungry.
The bill was around 1200 [ for 5], the rates are not very high [but neither low] . The ambience, hospitality and serving are all upto the mark, but the food, quite amazing. And we, with our fingers being licked made a unanimous decision that we would be back again with empty stomachs.

I think Moti Mahal can stand out as one of the best restaurants in Hyderabad for the typical Punjabi/tandoori cuisine and it is a must visit place for foodies of Hyd.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:21   #6260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
I think Moti Mahal can stand out as one of the best restaurants in Hyderabad for the typical Punjabi/tandoori cuisine and it is a must visit place for foodies of Hyd.
Nice review. I visited this restuarant with a few BHPians for lunch some weeks back

I thought the food was good (liked the dal a lot) without being spectacular and for just a few starters and couple of curries and one rice and no drinks amongst the 5 of us, we paid Rs.600 per head which I thought was ridiculous paying for lunch with minimilistic dishes ordered.

You try Aao Khao, it has similar ( if not better) taste for much lesser prices.

Honestly, I thought Moti Mahal is overrated
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:34   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Nice review. I visited this restuarant with a few BHPians for lunch some weeks back

I thought the food was good (liked the dal a lot) without being spectacular and for just a few starters and couple of curries and one rice and no drinks amongst the 5 of us, we paid Rs.600 per head which I thought was ridiculous paying for lunch with minimilistic dishes ordered.

You try Aao Khao, it has similar ( if not better) taste for much lesser prices.
Thanks . 'Aao and Khao' will be my next destination.

Quote:
Honestly, I thought Moti Mahal is overrated
My judgement might have been influenced by that wretched curry that tasted sweet horrendously I had in the afternoon but I did not find the items to be overly priced [ like that of Ulavacharu or Nalabheemas , though they are off different cuisine]. Yet, 600 per head is way too much. I will watch out for the prices and report it here the next time
Old 3rd November 2014, 17:10   #6262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks . 'Aao and Khao' will be my next destination.
You should try that. But, mind you its standing and eating in a neat environment. Its owned by erstwhile Hadippa owner Krishna

But, the food is quite nice and almost equal to Moti Mahal ( barring that MM is little richer in taste--thick gravies etc)

Quote:
My judgement might have been influenced by that wretched curry that tasted sweet horrendously I had in the afternoon but I did not find the items to be overly priced [ like that of Ulavacharu or Nalabheemas , though they are off different cuisine]. Yet, 600 per head is way too much. I will watch out for the prices and report it here the next time
You can read my review a few posts below on this page only. Click this :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3556278

Just realized, we paid Rs.650 per head

For that price, I would prefer to enjoy a sizzler meal, buffet at BBQ Nation or AB's with much better options and perhaps taste as well
Old 12th November 2014, 16:23   #6263
BHPian

A very tasty, mess type fresh vegetarian fare is found at Raghavendra restaurant. It is further ahead on the left side in the same lane as that of Harsha Mess. You might be aware of Harsha mess- it is in the lane diagonally opposite to Maitrivanam Ameerpet.
Tough competition for Harsha Mess :-)
Old 19th November 2014, 14:46   #6264
Distinguished - BHPian

Last weekend, we headed to our favorite "Ruci & Adoni" for lunch after a movie

We ordered the following :-

1. Chicken Wings
2. Cheese Garlic Bread
3. Spinach Ravioli
4. Veg Pizza
5. Raw Mango Lemonade (3 No's)
6. Minstrone Soup

Each and every dish was mindblowingly awesome. Perfect on taste and servings and their style of serving is excellent as well

Raw Mango lemonade is a must drink to have here

Ravioli was delicious and flavoured mildly with red pesto sauce

R&I are known for their super thin pizzas so it was no surprise that it was marvellous

2K well spent

---------

I had 4 seasons chicken biryani at Inorbit Mall sometime in September and quite liked it

As I was passing by their restuarant in Tolichowki, decided to get it as take-away

Mutton biryani was stylishly packed and given in a big paper bag (charged 5 bucks for it)

Biryani was excellent to say the lease. Rice was bit dry but, really flavourful and meat pieces were succulent (I think they use goat and not sheep)

Their mirchi ka saalan is to die for but, they give that in small bowl not even two large tablespoons worth (totally unfair)

Price is not VFM though : Rs.280
Old 26th May 2015, 21:21   #6265
BHPian

Dear All,

Many times I have been to Syala Drive In in Jubilee hills, opposite to Bombay Duck. I can vouch that 100% of us would have gone there by now. I would like to take this opportunity to review the place.

Been here many times and my favourite is Sambar Chicken Rice and Double Choclate thick shake. I always have this whenever I go to this place. Approx it would cost 300 per head and a very happening place post 12 in the night
Old 21st June 2015, 22:09   #6266
BHPian

It is now high time to revive this thread. Let us start with what we do best, a Haleem Crawl. Who all are in and what are the most suitable dates ?
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:32   #6267
BHPian

Quote:
It is now high time to revive this thread. Let us start with what we do best, a Haleem Crawl. Who all are in and what are the most suitable dates ?
Let us do it. I'm ready to go. I believe any weekend of Saturday and Friday would be good as this starts normally at 7 in the evening and can go on till late in the nights
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:10   #6268
shimshumara

Im in.
More than the Haleem, which do not eat , keen to meet the folks on the wheels.
Hope to have some Veggie company to shave off sheer korma, dil pasand and irani chai.

How about next Friday, July 3rd ??

Old 25th June 2015, 12:31   #6269
BHPian

Quote:
... a Haleem Crawl
Yepp .. was wondering if folks have been on to other modes of communication

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram.soma View Post
... I believe any weekend of Saturday and Friday ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshumara View Post
How about next Friday, July 3rd ??
I would have loved this Friday/Saturday itself, but looks too close.
Any weekend would be great!!
Old 25th June 2015, 12:55   #6270
shimshumara

I am sure, we will have a dhamakedaar Haleem Crawl, whenever it happens.
I am also expecting a MIRACLE

Waseem Bhai, any plans of coming to HYD ?

Most Viewed