Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 19:51   #61

Used to like Utsav, still do, for its ambience.Was good show-off value.
Latest favourite "show-off" place for outstation visitors is the 100Degrees place adjacent to Moksh(which itself serves decent food).Amazing view of TankBund on the terrace tables at this place.Lovely.
Haleem season, so here's another pointer....a place called Pride of Hyderabad. This is on the kharkhana road going towards Alwal..just after all the factory-outlets, at the traffic lights, take a left...this place wud be on your left....I'm told the haleem is one of the best in Secunderabad.
Disclaimer: I'm a strict vegetarian.The above tip is based on hear-say.But i have only heard gushing compliments about it.

Cheers.
Old 15th September 2008, 11:18   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Cheap booze with yummy (and inexpensive) food:
Wow, good to find this on the same day I wrote a post in my blog (nvasireddy.wordpress.com) on the same subject. Thanks for the info, it sure helps
Old 15th September 2008, 11:32   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is it the same one, opposite to Cafe Bahar? If yes, i think i went there a few years ago and it is more than old school, its ancient. Only for hard-core drinkers, you know the quarter bottle, plain water and peanuts type

I cannot stand that type of ambience as i prefer the ambience a little reasonable.
Yep.
The same one. But did you have the bheja fry. Its very good.

And yes I love Blue Diamond as well.
The Canton Chicken is very good but takes like 20 ~30 mins to prepare.

Big portions and reasonable prices. I think this restaurant is over 2 decades old.
Old 15th September 2008, 11:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
vnabhi, the kritunga am talking about is the one opp to the honda service centre, is it the same one?

Yep, you are darn right.I pass it daily during my evening stroll, and have not seen a soul in it so far. Perhaps you are talking about lunch time, in which case I don't know. Looks like you work for ADP?

talking about bandi food, there is a small stall beside ganpati complex, amazing mysore bondas in the morning

Hey, where is this one?
My responses are in bold above.
Old 15th September 2008, 12:29   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Yep.
The same one. But did you have the bheja fry. Its very good.
Unfortunately, i converted to Non-veg food only about a decade ago and somehow, till date have stuck to regular stuff of meat ( no experiments like Bheja, Liver, etc). I get turned off by hearing their names, you know it's just their in my mind.

We don't cook NV food at home and never been to a meat shop either. I mean, i went but stay a few hundred meters away, if i see then i wont be able to eat. I know its hypocrisy but, what do i do?
Old 15th September 2008, 13:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, i converted to Non-veg food only about a decade ago and somehow, till date have stuck to regular stuff of meat ( no experiments like Bheja, Liver, etc). I get turned off by hearing their names, you know it's just their in my mind.

We don't cook NV food at home and never been to a meat shop either. I mean, i went but stay a few hundred meters away, if i see then i wont be able to eat. I know its hypocrisy but, what do i do?
I'm in the same boat, dude! None of my family eats non-veg, save me and my carnivoruos son! My wife occasionally delves into it, and it was me who converted her long back!
Old 15th September 2008, 17:20   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Any reviews on reasonable priced chinese food joints? I don't like the following :

Alex's Kitchen
Nanking
Bowl of China

What are the other options?
Old 15th September 2008, 18:43   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Any reviews on reasonable priced chinese food joints? I don't like the following :

Alex's Kitchen
Nanking
Bowl of China

What are the other options?
How about Yo China?
I tried long back when it just opened in Bangalore, and second visit was not that great. Just in case, if it is still good in Hyd...
Old 15th September 2008, 18:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
How about Yo China?
I tried long back when it just opened in Bangalore, and second visit was not that great. Just in case, if it is still good in Hyd...
Nothing to write home about. I am talking of the one opp Hyd Central Mall.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:18   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nothing to write home about. I am talking of the one opp Hyd Central Mall.
, the food was so damn bland that it made be feel
Old 15th September 2008, 21:29   #71
BHPian

Here's the king of them all according to my tastes, Ohri's Banjara. AWESOME butter chicken and tandoori rotis. One of the best eaten.

Killer biryani - I forgot to add that in the first posts. Very good biryani. The Daal Makhani is to die for.

The Banjara Ohri's is one of the best. Have eaten there numerous times, both at the speciality restaurant on the top floor designed like a jungle, great views in this place.

The chinese is decent.

In addition to the above eating joints in one place, they have a late night buffet with snacks which are good. The ice creams as usual are the best.

Furthermore during normal restaurant hours they have their chat counters outside the restaurant which were if not better equally as good as a Bombay chat. The malpua (veg) and ready made jalebis are awesome hot off the sugar syrup.

Great food at all their hotels, but the best in my opinion is the Banjara Hills Ohri's.

Cheers to good food.

M M
Old 16th September 2008, 09:35   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Here's the king of them all according to my tastes, Ohri's Banjara. AWESOME butter chicken and tandoori rotis. One of the best eaten.

Killer biryani - I forgot to add that in the first posts. Very good biryani. The Daal Makhani is to die for.

The Banjara Ohri's is one of the best. Have eaten there numerous times, both at the speciality restaurant on the top floor designed like a jungle, great views in this place.

The chinese is decent.

In addition to the above eating joints in one place, they have a late night buffet with snacks which are good. The ice creams as usual are the best.
That's "Tadka" for North Indian and "Serengeti" for the Jungle theme and "Far East" for the chinese.

I have eaten at all three places and as i said before, i never can complain about any outlet of Ohri's, usually they are perfect.

Tadka : I had a Mutton Raan that was out of this world ( cooked in rum and the meat was supersoft and the dish is priced around Rs.600 bucks or something like that, but well worth it)

Far East : I like Ming court at Basheerbagh of Ohris' better than Far East. Far east is more of better crockery, napkins, spoons and those colorful twisters placed on the table

Serengeti : Great only only for its ambience its like the US theme based restuarant that i been to several times but, not able to recall the name as of now.

And, i agree on the buffet part, their buffet at Ohri's Banjara or Pickles at Secbad ( i am a regular here) is out of this world and possibly the best buffet in town for the late night party goers.

In Pickles, i been there sometimes after a hard party at 3am-4am and find that there is a 30-minutes/1-hour waiting. Can you beat that?

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th September 2008 at 09:37.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
How about Yo China?

try Mainland China (road no. 1 Bjara hills above Music World)....wife tells me the non veg is brilliant....even the veg is pretty decent.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:23   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
try Mainland China (road no. 1 Bjara hills above Music World)....wife tells me the non veg is brilliant....even the veg is pretty decent.
Dude, Mainland China can fall into any category but, reasonably priced ones. I was asking about reasonable priced ones.

MC is quite expensive and i just love their dimsums. Once, took a customer their for lunch and he asked for fish. We were served a huge full fish ( with eyes et.all ), i practically shrank back

However, they serve yummy chinese grub but as mentioned well above the definition of reasonable.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

hey mobike, how come you dont like alex's kitchen?? good food na

did you try chinese pavillion below fribzi?? good food, decent pricing.

hey did anyone try the midnight biryani at green park recently?

Last edited by aadix : 16th September 2008 at 16:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks