Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 22:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

And probably we should all be doing something instead of sitting on a couch and cursing politicians, after all we are the one's who brought them in power, but then that's a thought for another day. Terrorists are striking at will and politicos dont want to loose the vote bank... SIMI
Old 13th September 2008, 23:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see such events repeating themselves. I hope all Delhi members & their loved ones are fine, all the ones I could get in touch with were fine.
Old 14th September 2008, 00:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Sad to see such events repeating themselves. I hope all Delhi members & their loved ones are fine, all the ones I could get in touch with were fine.
Thanks for the message brother! My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by these cowardly acts.

The blast site at GK-I is barely 200 meters away from where I live. For all our needs, we need to visit the small but stylish M-block market. Needless to say, its bursting at its seams on the weekends. Today also, I was planning to go to the market in the evening for getting some documents photocopied but for some strange reason, deferred it to tomorrow.

Thank god for some smart people who responded very intelligently after the first small explosion took place in GK-I. With in a couple of minutes, the emergency sirens and public address system was activated and people were huddled inside the small park in the middle of the market, which averted any casualties at the second larger blast site.

I have just been back from the blast site. The sight just tears you apart. I can not even imagine what the loss would have been, had the people not responded so intelligently. Of course, the poor souls at the other places weren't so lucky. May their souls RIP and the injured recover soon.

Edit: Oh! I forgot something. And the perpetrators ROT IN HELL!

NK.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 14th September 2008 at 00:45.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the message Ishaan. I was at a birthday party but my heart goes out to those who suffered from this cowardly act.On my way home I went ahead and donated blood at RML. I hope Delhi will come out even stronger.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:30   #35
BHPian

Me and a few friends did the same at AIIMS. Was quite surprised at the number of donors who had turned, even a few expats! Think everyone who can should go ahead and donate because the blood bank guys said they needed more blood, O+ve to be precise.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:33   #36
BHPian

Sad! Sad! Sad!

My girlfriend and I would have been in GK market at the time if we hadn't decided to stop at the malls for a while.
Hardly 2 minutes before the blasts, spoke to a friend who was in the GK market and told him we are on our way. 2 minutes later he calls up to say don't come and made me hear the commotion. He walked past the lane and reached McDonalds and the blast happened there, god bless him. He witnessed everything!

Hope all T-Bhpians and their near ones are well.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility for blasts
I don't understand who are they to 'punish' us for our sins. If they want something, why don't they come out in public? So cowardly these people.
I don't understand it either!! What *sins* have those people done? If they had targeted the PM\some politico guy for something that the govt had done, I can understand, but common people???

Cowards of the highest order!!!
Old 14th September 2008, 01:49   #38
BHPian

this bloody countries goin to the dogs now, this is the height....

it seems they put one bomb in a childrens park. height. and all the bombs were loaded with shrapnel. to cause max damage.

the govt need to be changed. thats wht i say. someone a little **** in the head and more balls.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th September 2008 at 10:54. Reason: Smiley edited.
Old 14th September 2008, 02:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

I was in CP Barakhamba road when the blast took place. this happened at a distance from me and i could actually see a lady fly to the side of the road. it was very grusome and there was cayos everywhere. i thought i would help in some way but was advised against it as they did not know what to expect next. the bomb was in an auto that i was informed by a cop there.

I am safe Gogi bhai and everyone else. Gogi bhai this is not to be mentioned to my family as i told them i was at home only, did not want them to worry. I hope all the members and their families from Delhi are safe too.
This is just not done, targetting innocent people. it is most unfortunate for the people who have lost their lives. The government should take adequate steps to curb this nonesense done by a bunch of cowards.
i thought the government would have learnt something after the blasts in other states and step up the game, but nothing has been done. Guess they are waiting for someone to give them something under the table before they take action.

I just wonder how many more innocent people would have to loose their lives before the government wakes up from its sleep. God Bless the souls of the departed.

Last edited by speedy : 14th September 2008 at 02:43.
Old 14th September 2008, 02:48   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
before the government wakes up from its sleep.
What do you think the govt can do?
Old 14th September 2008, 03:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
The governement can do alot of things if they want to. the only thing they are doing right now is after an unfortunate cowardly act like this happens they say we had information about it and blame some group for it.
They have the money they have the professionals and i am sure it is not difficult to find out the source from where a computer has been hacked, that they get emails of groups claiming responsibility.
Instead of haveing a name sake security check at metros and other places, it should be taken seriously.

But like what i said before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guess they are waiting for someone to give them something under the table before they take action.
Old 14th September 2008, 03:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

I am completely fed up. Let's all migrate to Srinagar.

There is no safe city anymore except Srinagar - I don't recall thelast time it had such serial blasts.

And unliek delhi, everyone can make out the difference between cop/terrorist and toe their daily lives much more safely.

Children's park - do we now stop even visiting parks? I can only hope that the perpetrators of this ghastly act are handed over to delhiwalas for a public lynching.
Old 14th September 2008, 04:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I do not have a direct answer for that - but look at what 9/11 did to the US govt. Iraq is a mistake, but they woke up and acted. We are living with 9/11s all our lives - have we started tolerating things we should be fighting??
Old 14th September 2008, 08:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

I read in the paper that the terrorists sent the email with photo of Qutubuddin, - The man with the folded hands during Gujrat riots which leading English media, Left parties, and "Social activists" like Arundhati Roy used to flash, for garnering support on the name of religion. The terrorists are using the same, as an excuse.

Last edited by DCEite : 14th September 2008 at 08:40.
Old 14th September 2008, 08:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

When things like these have to happen.I mean if someone has to plant a bomb somewhere a lot of planning and sourcing of stuff is done.a lot of people are contacted.
There is always one person in all the contacts who leaks out the info.this is somehting which cannot be hidden.
the indian intelligence agencies are really good.but the problem is that they are not given enough power.or the police are too lazy to act up.
generally hwat happens is that when they detain someone under suspicion before the blasts,some one from the higher pecking order calls and they are released.
this terror chain goes high into our system.these guys have very high links.
Look at this,when the supreme court and other parties ask for ban on SIMI,and bringing back POTA,the ruling government,the UPA,comments that even VHP and bajrang dal should be banned.
God dammit,they are not blasting the lives out of people.

Instead on playing the blame game on parties they should do something.

what i feel is that the security of the country should be placed under an agency full of highly educated and motivated people.and should be independent of the political system.just like the army.only then can we expect some level of security.

Look at the news reports.The intelligence agency states that they informed delhi police about the blasts a day before.a lot could have been done in 12 to 24 hours.
People could have been informed and they would have taken care of themselves.But no,no one told the people.

Another fact is the stupid media in india.A boy claims to have seen the terrorists.now what the media does is show the boy on national television so that the terrorists get to see him and make him their target.
Why can't we control this stupid media?Why?
9/11 happened.but media didn't show even one gory pic.and most of the details were hidden from them.fine do it in india too.atleast the witnesses would be safe then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks