Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 09:02   #46
BHPian

i feel the people behind the blasts are Eunuchs with no B***S to come out & fight in the open. Targeting innocents in the name of Jihad as mention in their email to the media is so cowardly & unmanly, its shows that even these eunuchs (but even eunuchs target you on your face; not behind your back) aren't afraid of our head of state. Its just vote bank politics at work, people will keep on dying & then we will have Shivraj Patil saying "We condemn such acts of terror & blah...." & our Warrior Sinnnng is Kiiiinnnngggg PM saying "We will hunt down the terrorists & blah... kindly maintain calm...".

For how long can we keep calm?

Last edited by anilkalvani : 14th September 2008 at 09:09.
Old 14th September 2008, 09:11   #47
BHPian

and our hoime ministry says the same thing after the blasts
IB says the blast are low intensity !!! 26 dead and low intensity?

i was in mumbai during mumbai blasts ... and the way people responded and helped everyone on way home was heart touching.

and we still are debating should terrorists be hanged?

RIP - All those who lost their lives

the best would still be hand over the criminals to public in outrage
Old 14th September 2008, 09:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Terrorists Should not be hanged.One by one their body parts should be sliced every day and salt put on the wounds hourly.I wish this is the punishment till they die a natural death.Will serve them right.they have killed people.but look at what they have done to the families of the dead.Given them a painful life forever.

its getting really frustrating.
Old 14th September 2008, 09:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Phoenix saab,

what do you suggest we do now? Ammonium nitrate is not that tough to source I'm told. Neither are nails, ball bearings (iraq style stuff). How do you propose we proceed.

We haul everyone in black clothes and a beard? The time is right to pour cash and spark some defections/information.

Mass hysteria/stereotyping can further fray the fabric of our barely secular society. Ghettoism here we come.
Old 14th September 2008, 09:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

@phamilyman.... I am sure the govt could have done something especially since they had prior information about the attacks. Lets see if they get anything from the CCTV footage. I am not even sure if those camera's would be working.

On an unrelated note... I absolutely detest when media talks about the spirit of delhi or mumbai or whatever place. What do they expect the people to do... let go of all their jobs or business's and sit at home.
Old 14th September 2008, 10:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I'm fine. Was on my way to GK 1 when this happened. Probably just 5 minutes before I reached. Had to turn back cause there was a sudden jam and the traffic was taking a U-turn.

From what i gather, of the 3 sites GK1 M block was better prepared to deal with the aftermath. Apparently the PA system helped disperse the crowd before the second bomb could cause any fatality.

Delhi folks, please drop in a line thats all well.

Hey it was prolly my bro an I who asked you to take a u turn and go back we live on one of the approach roads to the market, i was coming back after a 45 min run and heard the blast and sprinted home, we along with the neighbours helped the crowds calm down it was sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Thanks for the message brother! My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by these cowardly acts.

The blast site at GK-I is barely 200 meters away from where I live. For all our needs, we need to visit the small but stylish M-block market. Needless to say, its bursting at its seams on the weekends. Today also, I was planning to go to the market in the evening for getting some documents photocopied but for some strange reason, deferred it to tomorrow.

Thank god for some smart people who responded very intelligently after the first small explosion took place in GK-I. With in a couple of minutes, the emergency sirens and public address system was activated and people were huddled inside the small park in the middle of the market, which averted any casualties at the second larger blast site.

I have just been back from the blast site. The sight just tears you apart. I can not even imagine what the loss would have been, had the people not responded so intelligently. Of course, the poor souls at the other places weren't so lucky. May their souls RIP and the injured recover soon.

NK.

NK i live in c block on the approach road to the market what abt you I usually go o the maret at the same time every evening around when the blast happened ....
Old 14th September 2008, 11:33   #52
BHPian

This is proof that WE ARE SITTING DUCKS anyday anytime.
Wonder what the morons on top were / are doing!!
At least in Bangalore they're busy chasing live band artists and giving moral science lessons.
Old 14th September 2008, 12:26   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Children's park - do we now stop even visiting parks?
Not the first one. Remember the serial blasts which rocked Hyderabad? One of them was at Lumbini Park - which is a children's park, and this was during the laser show.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:38   #54
BHPian

Where is the government exactly? All I'm hearing exactly is some leaders condeming the attacks! In the updates that we have been receiving, the only characters in the story we are hearing are the public, the media, the victims and the terrorists. The police are doing a good job, really, but it can be better. Where the hell are all the politicians with their promises; promises of a better, safer country? We need people who will act rather than just talk about it.

Is it really so easy to just go to a crowded area, place a bomb and run off? We need a big uprising, people need to wake up. This is becoming really unbearable and out of control.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:09   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
Where is the government exactly?
It was a sataurday. Govt offices are closed sat-sunday.
Old 14th September 2008, 19:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
A human bomb found in CP. Bomb was tied to a child. These terrorists aren't sparing children also. What kind of people are they?

Edit: Sorry guys. news channels now telling the above was a rumour.
What???!!! Did it explode or was it defused?
Old 14th September 2008, 19:48   #57
BHPian

These dumb news channels should be banned and taken off the air. Half of the time they do nothing but add confusion.
Old 15th September 2008, 10:35   #58
BHPian

Points to Ponder:

1. How much will it cost to employ 5 policemen for 24hr security in key areas of cities (a big city like Delhi or Mumbai might have about 40 such locations)

2. How much will it cost to keep Surveillance cameras in sensitive areas to monitor people

3. How much will it cost to ensure that all policemen are trained in Martial arts and have better weapons in their possession.

4. How much will it cost to get traffic police to shed their weight and be quick enough to intercept a criminal and hand him over to police

5. How much will it cost to have a fleet of fast cars for policemen

6. Is it possible for some clerical staff to issue statements like "This is a cowardly Act. My heart goes for the victim's family." automatically so that the Heads of state can use their energy on preventing such things in future
Old 15th September 2008, 11:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
Points to Ponder:

1. How much will it cost to employ 5 policemen for 24hr security in key areas of cities (a big city like Delhi or Mumbai might have about 40 such locations)

2. How much will it cost to keep Surveillance cameras in sensitive areas to monitor people

3. How much will it cost to ensure that all policemen are trained in Martial arts and have better weapons in their possession.

4. How much will it cost to get traffic police to shed their weight and be quick enough to intercept a criminal and hand him over to police

6. Is it possible for some clerical staff to issue statements like "This is a cowardly Act. My heart goes for the victim's family." automatically so that the Heads of state can use their energy on preventing such things in future
Look at the salary an ordinary cop / jawan gets. It'll tell you how important we think they are.
See, we don't have money for silly stuff like this. The crores are kept for cricketers and other very important / critical issues.

The average tax-paying indian is an idiot. Because that's how the govt treats him. He has no choice but pay....even if its for the VERY IMPORTANT stuff mentioned above.
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2008, 15:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When was the last time you remember Police force used the energy, resources and power in positive manner ?
Never.
And this is why this happens.
If they are more trained, it means more trouble for the common man.
This is probably the hopeless situation and nobody can help except us Indians.

Most Viewed