Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 14:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Badminton or Squash in Chennai/Gurgaon

Hi TBhpians,
I am looking for information about clubs/places where we can play Squash and Badminton in Chennai. Preferably on the OMR/Velachery side. Anyone has any info about the same ?

Thanks!
Old 1st November 2009, 09:47   #2
BHPian

Badminton in Gurgaon?

Hey guys,

I just shifted to Gurgaon from Pune. I have been trying to find indoor courts and players to play with in gurgaon but it looks like a tall order. The only indoor court I have found is in DLF Phase 1 community center. However its always very corwded with 8 people to play a game sometimes.

Is there anyone who plays or knows people who play badminton in Gurgaon?
I live in Phase 4 and have no problems travelling somewhere in the morning to play badminton.

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_raiser View Post

Is there anyone who plays or knows people who play badminton in Gurgaon?
I live in Phase 4 and have no problems travelling somewhere in the morning to play badminton.

Thanks
hell_raiser - i am not too sure about sports clubs in Gurgaon, but there are a number of sports clubs that i can suggest in Delhi which have excellent Badminton facilities..
1) Siri fort sports complex (Near hauz khas) - 6 superb indoor courts (been playing here all my life..)
2) Saket sports complex (IIT road)- close(r) to gurgaon
3) Alaknanda club - GK2

since you dont have a problem to travel in the morning to play, you could consider these options, keeping in mind that the traffic early mornings is minimal.

hope that helps, you can PM me if you have any questions.

-Slice
Old 27th January 2012, 11:00   #4
BHPian

Re: Badminton or Squash in Chennai/Gurgaon

Bumping an old thread. Any good places to play Badminton in Chennai ?
Old 29th July 2012, 01:51   #5
BHPian

Bumping this.. anybody aware of decent indoor courts in Gurgaon for badminton ? I had heard of some people playing in the courts of Heritage school sector 56..
Old 4th July 2014, 19:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Plenty of places to play Squash/Badminton in Gurgaon. I'll list the places I've personally checked out:

1. HUDA Gymkhana Club - Good facilities, but only open to members.

2. "DLF City Clubs" - http://www.thecityclub.in. Only squash and only open to members. But membership is not that expensive, and the facilities are very very good.

3. Unitech Patio Clubs - http://www.unitechpatio.com. Club Patio has badminton while Nirvana Patio has squash. Again open to members only.

4. Excelsior American School - Has a separate sports building with excellent squash and badminton courts. Pay-n-Play (in non school hours) is managed by a firm called Duplays.
https://duplaysgurgaon.playpass.com/. My favorite, but tends to get crowded on weekends.

Beside the above, I'm aware of Ryders Sports Academy (Sec 44) and the sports complex in Ansal University (Sec 55), both pay-n-play. But haven't checked them out myself.
Old 26th December 2014, 15:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. I recently came across a nice indoor badminton court in Chennai, near Kamakshi hospital in Pallikarnai. Its called Feathers Badminton Club (they have a facebook page). They have 2 synthetic courts and the charges are also very reasonable.

I could get a slot only in the 5.30 - 7am batch. Morning slots are more or less full, but do check it out if you're keen on playing.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 26th December 2014 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks