Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 01:42   #16
BHPian

I can't belive not a single reply from any chandi fella.

AmitPunjani - Land at ISBT and you'll be hounded by people willing to take you to a good hotel for the budget you have. There are a few options available. Here's the list with an overview
1. When you get off at the ISBT ( Inter State Bus Terminus) & head towards the exit, you'll see a line of hotels. So you can fancy your luck there.
2. If not, then your second best bet is Sector 35. For this you can ask the bus conductor to let you know in advance that you have to get off at sector 35 roundabout. Reason for that is, you won't have to spend rickshaw fare (30 bucks) coming back from ISBT to sector 35. Staying at Sector 35 would mean proximity to SAS nagar which is also known as Mohali.
3. Cab companies - you have radio taxis plying there or you can simply ask the hotel guys to arrange for a cab. The fare is almost the same as that prevailing here in Delhi, around 800 bucks for ac cab for whole day.
4. If the above doesn't make any sense, here's more direct information
a) City Heart Residency. Available for around 1800. Located Right opposite the bus stand
b) Hotel Aroma. Available for around 1900. Located a block away from the bus stand. Advisable to take a rickshaw(10bucks)
c)Hotel Maya Palace. Located in Sector 35B for around 2400. Just tell the rickshaw guy, Maya palace, settle for around 30 bucks & give it about 30 minutes to reach. ( i'm talking about the man-pulled rickshaws).
d) KC residency. Pretty much the same scenario as Hotel Maya palace & located close to Maya palace as well.

Although i know people will suggest you to take the shatabdi express, when you'll land at the train station, not only will you find the auto wallas hounding you like crazy, you'll have no option but to go with their outrageous demanding rates to ferry you for 15km's or so. Min would be around 100 bucks. Hence, the suggestion to take the bus (Vovlo)
Hope this helps & have a nice journey

Cheers!
M2S

Last edited by married2speed : 18th September 2008 at 01:45.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:11   #17
BANNED

@Ruff, great you are from Leh, Ive always wanted to visit that place, but fate never made me do that! But, you can guide about the Heaven on Earth , which would help me planning a visit in near future.
True geri in Chd. is great & as ever toote maujan karde ne!

@Married to speed, Chandigarian's are usually very dry people, its hopeless to expect much help from them & maybe there not many members from Chd. in forum.
Old 19th September 2008, 11:32   #18

Parkview in sector 24 is your best bet if you want VFM. But i would suggest you check out hotels in sector 35 as you will have plenty of choice there and will suit your budget. If you are not satisfied over there then you can try the hotel line of sector 43(adjacent to sector 35). Both these sectors are very near to mohali.
Old 21st September 2008, 00:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
@Married to speed, Chandigarian's are usually very dry people, its hopeless to expect much help from them & maybe there not many members from Chd. in forum
I wouldn't go that far mate, considering that you're talking to a chandigarian but yea, I do get your point. the crowd that's there now-a-days, is usually not the kind that you expect chandigarh to have but then again, the city was never about the masses, was it

M2S
Old 21st September 2008, 09:05   #20
BHPian

Thanks M2S

HI People

Thanks M2S for the detailed explanation, unfortunately i have already booked my tickets for train. If you could kindly tell me how far is sector 30 from the train station?

Thanks

Amit
Old 21st September 2008, 11:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
HI People

Thanks M2S for the detailed explanation, unfortunately i have already booked my tickets for train. If you could kindly tell me how far is sector 30 from the train station?

Thanks

Amit
Not too far.
Railway station is in industrial area, and sector 30 somewhat borders the industrial area, with sector 29 in between.
Old 21st September 2008, 11:50   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
I can't belive not a single reply from any chandi fella.
My reply was inspired by what you said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
I wouldn't go that far mate, considering that you're talking to a chandigarian but yea, I do get your point. the crowd that's there now-a-days, is usually not the kind that you expect chandigarh to have but then again, the city was never about the masses, was it
I myself belong to Chd., but moved to Jld. later. Earlier people in Chd. used to be helpful & courteous , but now people from other places have moved in & race for money has ruined that old charm. What say!
Old 21st September 2008, 12:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Don't mention it mate. Like Tanveer mentioned, sector 30 is not that far. Here's a map for your referral.
Name:  chandigarh.png
Views: 1985
Size:  90.5 KB
Expect to pay around 50 bucks for an auto, if you haggle well. However, just out of curiousity, I don't recollect any hotel being there in sector 30. Staying with a friend there?

Thanks
Old 8th December 2008, 14:35   #24
BHPian

New Delhi Airport - Chandigarh Bus

Hi, Is anyone having an update about the Volvo bus service between New Delhi airport and Chandigarh? Any service provider is okay with me. I will reach the Airport around 5pm from Pune.

Or if you can suggest the nearest possible bus station from where I can catch a bus to chandigarh.

Last edited by cyclops : 8th December 2008 at 14:54.
Old 9th December 2008, 03:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Hi, Is anyone having an update about the Volvo bus service between New Delhi airport and Chandigarh? Any service provider is okay with me. I will reach the Airport around 5pm from Pune.

Or if you can suggest the nearest possible bus station from where I can catch a bus to chandigarh.
Delhi members will be able to help you since you need a bus till chandigarh not from chandigarh
Old 30th September 2012, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Re: Chandigarh Hotels

Need help regarding the Chandigarh-Delhi airport Volvo bus. My flight departure from Delhi to Mumbai is at 5.55am. If I have to leave Chandigarh by Volvo, what time should I leave Chandigarh. Are these Govt run or private buses? Reliable?
Old 30th September 2012, 17:19   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Need help regarding the Chandigarh-Delhi airport Volvo bus. My flight departure from Delhi to Mumbai is at 5.55am. If I have to leave Chandigarh by Volvo, what time should I leave Chandigarh. Are these Govt run or private buses? Reliable?
It takes about 4 and half hours(routine case) minimum to 6 hours(worst case) maximum by volvo bus service which runs from sector 17 bus stand chandigarh. Ideally leave travel time plus 3 hours to 4 hours for the airport journey.
I have been traveling monthly to delhi for about 2 years and experienced breakdown only once in which case you would be adjusted on another bus or a spare bus will come, depending on your time constraint you can choose either option.
You can book your tickets here http://hartrans.gov.in/online/index_cf.asp to avoid hassles.
Good luck.
Old 30th September 2012, 17:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Around 10:30 to 11 pm should be good enough IMO. These are mostly Haryana govt ones and decent enough.
Old 30th September 2012, 21:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
You can take night volvos (around 10:00 pm). And it will take around 4 hours as there is little traffic as compared to the day traffic. There will be only one halt, most probably at Karnal (after 1.5 hrs). There are direct volvos for IGI airport so no worries on that part. Please get the bookings done for IGI only.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 1st October 2012, 12:16   #30
BHPian

Thank you Gauravkcec, Avisidhu, Irish. Appreciate your help very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkcec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post

Last edited by Deep Blue : 1st October 2012 at 12:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks