Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2009, 08:03   #31
BANNED

I have been using 70mm for the last few months and their service is good so far and the delivery on time. There have been a couple of instances when their DVD didn't play because of scratches but otherwise it has been satisfactory.
They don't have a very big collection in English and recent releases are not available too.
Old 1st January 2009, 09:27   #32
Team-BHP Support

None of these guys deliver outside of metros. So, I can only reminisce about the fantastic NetFlix service I enjoyed for many years in... another lifetime.

Meanwhile, I am surprised about the comments regarding newness of the DVDs. Do you guys really expect newly released movies on DVDs? Legitimate businesses can't rent out pirated DVDs.
Old 1st January 2009, 13:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Today got membership for one month at BigFlix on coupon from Big Bazaar....Lets see how it turns out to be....
Old 1st January 2009, 14:24   #34
Team-BHP Support

Solved my problem. BigFlix does not serve dwarka ( where I stay), the biggest residential colony is Asia :(
Old 1st January 2009, 15:15   #35
BHPian

I think BigFlix have the largest collection in India. If you are watching 80 -90% time english movies , this is for you. Many ppl have road side DVD's but watching them on BIG LCD , plasma + DTS + Dolby digital + THX etc etc, brings tears to viewers eyes. Mainly because of bad quality of picture.

Now you have Option to watch all original DVD's + home delivery + List maintaince online etc etc.
I don't know what else we can ask for (Yes blue ray is there , but many ppl don't have blue ray players in india)

I brought the 3 dvd yrly plan at 40 % discount. I have not watched the star movies / HBO channel in last 4-5 months and now I find it very disgusting to watch 10 mins commercial break during a normal movie.

Yes :- They have some bad DVD's. But call them and tell them the DVD is bad and they will send you the good copy next day.

Funny part is:- Many of those DVD's have this lable

"Not for Rental" .

But I guess Mr A Ambani can handle that.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:02   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with hrishg. I am totally loving the experience of Bigflix and they are very prompt with their delivery and at most i got the second in selected list and sometimes i too faced bad DVD quality but for the price we pay, nothing to crib about.

Morever, i have a reliance outlet 200Mtrs from home which i can hop,skip and jump and replace a bad DVD, if need be.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

From day 1 started having problems with BigFlix,
Day one: Delivery guy couldn't find my place (even after my place being on main road next to a police station)
Day two:After much of Mathapacchi,some how i guide delivery guy to my place...
Day three: I Sms for pick up of DVD...nobody shows up
Day four: no body shows up for delivery and pick up..despite giving calls n smses..

waiting for day five....
Old 5th January 2009, 20:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

I use Moviemart in Delhi and am very happy with them. They deliver originals without fail (or say 99.5% of the time) by 4-5 PM on the same day if you book before 1 PM. Perhaps 1 out of 25 may not play because of scratches. Movie collection is quite good and comparable to 70mm/Big Flix (have checked it out myself).

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 18:08. Reason: Please stick to the topic what you are suggesting is Piracym which team Bhp does not support
Old 6th January 2009, 10:38   #39
BHPian

Any idea where i can rent blue rays in mumbai? Checked with seventymm,bigflix and movie empire, none of them have started the service yet
Old 6th January 2009, 12:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

So I shopped for the monthly groceries at Big Bazaar and ran a bill of Rs 1,260. Because of a promotional offer, I got Big Flix 1 disc plan for a monthly fee of Rs 99 and 2 monthly for Rs 150. I chose the latter.

Spent close to 2 hours browsing through their collection yesterday. Could not queue more than 30 titles! I have watched most of the titles in their collection and the ones that I want are not available!

P.S. The only glitch with Big Flix till now - they delivered to my Billing Address instead of Delivery Address. Luckily, neighbors were there to receive the disc.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 18:06. Reason: Removed OT content. Please stick to the topic
Old 6th January 2009, 14:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
How's bigflix at Bangalore??
For the broadband option, this is what they say!!

=======
What is the quality of downloaded videos?
We take the original high quality studio materials and convert these using state-of-the-art equipment for high quality viewing on your PC. We offer 'Super High Quality' videos that is equivalent to DVD quality. The technical specifications are: DVD equivalent resolution, a bitrate of 1500 Kbps with 96Kbps audio. The average size of a full length movie download is 1100 MB (1.1 GB).
========

Not sure whether they are going to give good quality for download options!!
if current users can provide some feedback, it would be good..
thanks.
Is there a separate subscription charge for Movie Download? I have a 1 disc 2 month rental plan from Big Flix. Can that same user ID and password be used for downloading as well>
Old 6th January 2009, 15:55   #42
BHPian

Time to merge different threads and make one big movie rental thread here. Mods, are you listening. Merge this with BigFlix or vice-versa and let there be peace of mind.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Similar Thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...le-prices.html

Mods please merge !!
Old 29th November 2009, 16:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

planning to go with bigflix, any scheme / offers going on at the moment?
Old 29th November 2009, 19:18   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
planning to go with bigflix, any scheme / offers going on at the moment?
Rs.3500 for 1 year for 1-disc plan and you get some vegetable cutter and one other home equipment free.

I am on my second year and got 1st year for Rs.1800 and 2nd year for Rs.2300 for one-disc plan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks