Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 11:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

^Is this also available in Bangalore I would like to go with something similar!!
Old 30th November 2009, 12:55   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
^Is this also available in Bangalore I would like to go with something similar!!
Check Bigflix website. I think their offers are country wide. If you have ICICI credit card, there are some other offers too.

P.S: Can't bieleve, Hangover is already out on Bigflix
Old 30th November 2009, 13:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

I'm on 2 Disc unlimited plan for a Quarter plan now. I think I would change it to single disc soon. Not having time to watch 2 movies in a day(actually watching 2-3 movies in a week only these days). But I have to say barring initial hickups I'm fine with their service and it's value for money. This is a good way to kill piracy(atleast the national market/roadside type piracy business).
By the way, anyone is renting Blue-rays in Bangalore? Or any news about Bigflix starting it?
Old 30th November 2009, 16:14   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I'm on 2 Disc unlimited plan for a Quarter plan now. I think I would change it to single disc soon. Not having time to watch 2 movies in a day(actually watching 2-3 movies in a week only these days). But I have to say barring initial hickups I'm fine with their service and it's value for money. This is a good way to kill piracy(atleast the national market/roadside type piracy business).
By the way, anyone is renting Blue-rays in Bangalore? Or any news about Bigflix starting it?
I noted one thing offlate, when i pick up DVD from in-store, quality of DVD is terrible ( with scratches et.all) but when i get them delivered at home, i get impeccable quality "always"

Did you experience that?
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:38   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BIG FLIX : Unlimited DVD Rental at reasonable prices

Bigflix has stopped their deliveries all of a sudden and I realized this after sending them a "Pick up" request twice and not getting someone come and pick-up the DVD.

I happened to visit their website and they have upgraded their service to something called Bigflix+ ( Copying Tata Sky?)

This offer is pretty confusing. They are upgrading my service to + freely plus they are sending me 50 DVD's complimentary. I am not sure if its a hoax or it will really happen

Anyone has more info on whats happening with Bigflix?
Attached Thumbnails
BIG FLIX : Unlimited DVD Rental at reasonable prices-bigflix.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2011, 13:21   #51
BHPian

@mobike: After reading your post when I logged in, I am shocked. I had bought a 6 month plan sometime back and used it for 3 months, had put it on 'Pause' for some time. On logging in, the landing page said that your subscription is being upgraded to Bigflix+ (which was supposed was for the good) and agreed . Now I realize that the entire business model is changed (no more stores and home delivery) you are supposed to download movies and watch them. Not sure if I want to do that..

I am worried for few things-
(a) what happens to my earlier subscription, should I write it off as charity
(b) They have my credit card details, how do I ensure that they do not automatically renew my subscription and bill me
(c) The worst part is that the call center is also gone and the only way you can interact with them is by email and we all know what replies can be expected from that team. Anyways shooting them a mail and will keep you guys posted on developments.

Suggestions are welcome
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:08   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
(a) what happens to my earlier subscription, should I write it off as charity
I have been renewing my Bigflix subsription for 1 year each year since last 3 years. It came as a shock to me as well

What I didnt like is no prior communication. They just switched over and I got an email from them yesterday about this change. Its obvious, they wont refund. So you stick-on till money expires then close the account which is what i plan to do as my account is active till May-2012

Quote:
(b) They have my credit card details, how do I ensure that they do not automatically renew my subscription and bill me
When you want to close the account. Send out an explicit email to them with closure request and seek their acknowledgement. If they charge your CC even after that, you can sue them.

Quote:
(c) The worst part is that the call center is also gone and the only way you can interact with them is by email and we all know what replies can be expected from that team. Anyways shooting them a mail and will keep you guys posted on developments. Suggestions are welcome
I realized that too yesterday as call would go through but, no executive will come online and call disconnects automatically.

Will order those 50 FREE DVD's. After that me and bigflix are "Quid Pro Quo"

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd November 2011 at 15:09.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:43   #53
BHPian

4 months ago I had purchased annual plan for "2 Discs at a time, Unlimited" package. For the first 2.5 months the service was very prompt though I was disappointed that most of the "new" movies (even those that are available for purchase in DVD stores) are not available on Bigflix.

The service/logistics has really gone south in the last 1.5 months in spite of lodging repeated complaints with their call center. 2 weeks ago I had cancelled my subscription online, but I am yet to receive a confirmation or refund, and the DVDs with me are not picked up yet. I was visiting their website over the past few days to notice that they are revamping their business model or at least their website, and hence the site is inaccessible. Their call center also is hibernating. It's a shame on their management that all this happening with NO prior communication.

This is another confirmation that Ambanis can not excel in service industries (of course, their customers suffer for this incompetence).
nagvasireddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:52   #54
BHPian

Hope this is not off topic, but with so many complaints related to movie rental services, no wonder most people switch to torrents. When will the Ambanis or other rental companies learn?? :( And I hate the download and watch service especially since my net speeds have reduced :(

P.S is talking about torrents prohibited on Tbhp?
Old 24th November 2011, 11:53   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Hope this is not off topic, but with so many complaints related to movie rental services, no wonder most people switch to torrents. When will the Ambanis or other rental companies learn?? :( And I hate the download and watch service especially since my net speeds have reduced :(
Same here. What is the fun of downloading movies and watching it on computer or transfer to some other device ( which in any case is too much trouble) to watch on a television. Besides, I dont have the patience to download in the first place.

That's not justifying the HT-set up that we all invest in for a better movie watching experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
P.S is talking about torrents prohibited on Tbhp?
Yes. It is !
Old 26th December 2011, 12:53   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week I received my FREE 50 movie DVD's which essentially are the stocks they had and clearing it

It was packed neatly and each came with that plastic DVD cover.

However, the movie list was dissappointing and out of those 50 movies which are approx 20 hindi and 30 english titles except 4-5 movies all are mundane titles

When my subscription ends in May'12. Will get rid of Bigflix for good

My movie watching has now taken a back-seat. Shifted the focus to my first love---Reading !!!
Old 26th December 2011, 14:43   #57
BHPian

mobike^ I like that.

My movie watching has stopped too because of stupid bigflix moving to streaming Only. Luckily for me my subscription renewal in Nov had some problem and didn't go through so they couldn't cheat me like others who have many months to go on their subs.
There isn't a decent rental shop close by either and I refuse to see movies on tvs or rather ads on tv with movie in between.
I wish another rental chain would start operations in Pune.
Old 27th December 2011, 14:10   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I refuse to see movies on tvs or rather ads on tv with movie in between
+1. Besides above, It's also like your investment in a HT gone down the drain
Old 1st January 2012, 20:00   #59
BHPian

I was a member of SeventyMM about 2 years back, their service was good and the CD's rarely had any problems (about 1-2 times, they sent a CD having wrong region code/scratched CD's which they replaced the next day). This year, I was looking to either subscribe to them again or BigFlix, then read about the stupid update by BigFlix in the movies thread and put the plan on hold. Now, since I just finished my semester, I have quite some free time, I am planning to join a library. That's when I stumbled upon LibraryWala. They have a huge inventory of the books & novels and also do free home delivery, all this for just 150 bucks a month. Looks quite a great deal and they also have all the novels that I had on my wishlist, so it works out much cheaper than buying each one. Anybody subscribed to them?
Old 1st January 2012, 22:36   #60
BHPian

I have used LibraryWala for a couple of months and then stopped it. I see you are in Thane so the service might be quicker, but it took 2 days to get the book in Pune via a courier. So I ended up reading much less than what I could (with bigflix atleast you can get a dvd the next day itself)

When I stopped the service, they took a few months to return the security deposit via cheque. that shows their concern for customers.
Abhay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks