Team-BHP - Lighter Side of Life : The Official Cartoons Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Lighter Side of Life : The Official Cartoons Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/46088-lighter-side-life-official-cartoons-thread-4.html)

My favourite comic strips are Dilbert and Garfield ( although Garfield has been getting a bit stale for some time now ) .

Of the new cartoon shows that keep cropping up on the Kiddo's channels, has anyone watched 'Ogy and the Cockroaches' on Nick ?? This one takes the whole 'Tom & Jerry' jokes to a very different level.

Man-o-man!! This forum rocks and how!! But it simultaneously makes me think do I ever have anything in unique, everything I think of to start as a thread and discuss has already been discussed here!! Now this is one of my favorites :

Name:  19951205.gif
Views: 1566
Size:  15.2 KB

CnH is my savior day in and day out, with the inflation in the number of morons I meet in and out of my car, I feel this compulsive obsession to read the strips everyday!!! And I never get bored, they are timeless and hence always contemporary!!!

My favourites:
1. Calvin and Hobbes.
2. Wizard of ID.
3. Dilbert.

yes in that order.

{Disclaimer : Copyright, respective owners.}

My daily dose of cartoon entertainment come thanks to TOI and more recently, GoComics application in iGoogle.

A great way to start your office. Turn on your computer. Have iGoogle open up as homepage and enjoy the strip of laughter before attending to more serious matters at hand. (Although, Sometimes I feel the cartoons talk a lot more intelligently than our lives...)

My strips on iGoogle:

Calvin and Hobbes (Could I have lived without this, I sincerely doubt!)

Garfield (Jon may be the butt of most jokes here, but really speaking my life aint much further. :) )

Bottomliners (Office Humour at its best)

Ronaldinho Gaucho (This one is for football fans)

Heathcliff (Sarcasm to the core)

Comics and Cartoons are such an integral part of my life that sometimes i end up quoting them much to the surprise of my friends and family.

Calvin, Garfield, Peanuts, Hagar the horrible, wizard of id, heathcliff, sherman's lagoon, asterix and more marvel comics than dc comics with Thor being the favourite.

Wife gets pissed off when she sees the kind of money i blow in buying Thor comics off flipkart :D

DILBERT!! I have used some of the dilbertisms in my professional career. And they WORKED!!!

example:

Consultants have credibility because they are not dumb enough to work at your company.

I'll be happy to make these unnecessary changes to this irrelevant document.

I'm slowly becoming a convert to the principle that you can't motivate people to do things, you can only demotivate them. The primary job of the manager is not to empower but to remove obstacles.

Never answer a question unless you know exactly who is asking, why it is being asked, and what will be done with the information.

Hah! Look what I got. A full book. Hope I find time to read it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2213729)
Hah! Look what I got. A full book. Hope I find time to read it though.

Pass it on, I'll do justice to it !

:D

Has anyone seen the cartoons by Manjul published in DNA paper? Very satiric and mostly in the present contextclap:. For starters check the link below.

DNA - Cartoons archives - Daily News & Analysis

Apart from the many already mentioned on the thread, I also like some shows like Perman, Ninja Hathodi, Dexters Lab, etc.

But, my all time favourite characters'll always be the ones who filled my childhood with plenty of laughter - Suppandi and Shikari Shambu.

Lighter Side of Life : The Official Cartoons Thread-suppandi3family20matters_thumb5b45d.jpg

And, the way Savio Mascarenhas sketches them now makes up a lot for some very weak humour (or may be I'm working too hard) of the script sometimes.

Edit: Thank you Parwath for posting a very nice thread! :-)

i love tom and jerry!

My wife!!!but on seriously on non-serious thoughts, i loved asterix and calvin (actually calvin's dad)!!!

I hope that my wife never reads this :D!

Quote:

Originally Posted by five46 (Post 2214113)
But, my all time favourite characters'll always be the ones who filled my childhood with plenty of laughter - Suppandi and Shikari Shambu.

Ofcourse, Suppandi. I used to scan for his section whenever I got a Tinkle. Do we still get Tinkle off the shelf ?
OT: I had a story published for Tinkle in the Chamataka and Doob Doob story section. I got 30 bucks for it and my photo and a chain of pen pal letters from readers. :D

Dunno which newspaper has the comic strip 'Pearls before swine' published - i think its TOI or Pune Mirror. Give it a read - its unusually funny !