Team-BHP - Lighter Side of Life : The Official Cartoons Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Lighter Side of Life : The Official Cartoons Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/46088-lighter-side-life-official-cartoons-thread-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2215345)
Do we still get Tinkle off the shelf ?

Yes, we still do. It's online also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2215345)
OT: I had a story published for Tinkle in the Chamataka and Doob Doob story section. I got 30 bucks for it and my photo and a chain of pen pal letters from readers.

Not to forget, the warm words of appreciation penned by Uncle Pai with it. Pen pal letters.. Those gave goosebumps right!?

Loved the whole bunch of Pran's characters (of Diamond Comics) as well - Chacha Choudhary, Sabu, Chachi, Raman, Pinky, Kutkut, Rocket, Raaka, Billoo, Channi Chachi, etc. Oh boy.. What fun where those days!!
The stand out characters for me always were - Gober Singh and Dhamaka Singh. Fabulous names! Wonder who did their namakaran?? :D

I have recently downloaded free full sets of Tintin, Asterix & Obelix & Calvin & Hobbes strips (1985-1993) from various sites in PDF formats (scanned versions of real comics). Now its funtime reading them on Samsung G-Tab during my morning ride. I have also subscribed to GoComics for C&H strips everyday.

Raab Rakha.

For the complete collection of Calvin Hobbes cartoons as published in news papers refer Marcello's Homepage - Comics - Calvin & Hobbes

I go there for my daily dose of chuckles:P

enjoy!

My favourites are Calvin & Hobbes and Dilbert.

My favourite Dilbert comic :

A conversation between Dilbert and Pointy Haired Boss (PHB) :
PHB: Why did you make this change in the code ?
Dilbert: Because you asked me to do it.
PHB: Why would I ask you to do such a thing ?
Dilbert: Because you have a habit of suggesting random changes to create the illusion of value addition. :uncontrol
PHB: OK, revert back the change in the code.
Dilbert: The change was made only in your copy of the code. :uncontrol

Rohan

Even I am a big fan of C&H and Dilbert.

Here's one from my side:
Name:  98950_strip_print.gif
Views: 1392
Size:  34.4 KB

Disclaimer -> copyright of original cartoonist or his publishing house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by five46 (Post 2215460)
Yes, we still do. It's online also.
Not to forget, the warm words of appreciation penned by Uncle Pai with it. Pen pal letters.. Those gave goosebumps right!?

Yes I remember that. I hope I can pull the letter out of my files when I visit India and the Tinkle edition where I got my story printed.

On a sad note, Uncle Pai has passed away. My Condolances.

Tinkle's Uncle Pai passes away - Rediff.com India News

I read Amar Chitra Katha: Ramayana, Mahabharata, Story of Buddha, Chacha Chowdhary Saboo etc etc. Aah! Childhood days. I used to go to the railway station to pick up the latest ones. I had a whole collection, whole stack. I passed it on to my younger cousins.

RIP Uncle Pai.

R.I.P Uncle Pai. :( You will be thoroughly missed!

EDIT : This deserves a separate thread.

Cool thread.

Here are my favorites:

Comics (Though I dont remember reading one for years now) - Asterix, Archies, Tintin. I also read lots of Chacha Chaudhary, Super Commando Dhruv and Nagraj. The latter 2 i absoluetly loved because of the illustrations. Some of them were real good (especially Nagraj). Seldom, I also read Baanke Lal, Tinkle (Shambhu Shikari was the best) and some Horror comic series published by "Raj comics".

Animation (I still watch them)- Tom and Jerry (of course), Simpsons and Family Guy (those of you who are "The Simpsons" fans, it is a must watch). In fat, I am quite surprised no one mentioned "Family Guy" thus far. It actually is very cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkanitkar (Post 2069597)
Of the new cartoon shows that keep cropping up on the Kiddo's channels, has anyone watched 'Ogy and the Cockroaches' on Nick ?? This one takes the whole 'Tom & Jerry' jokes to a very different level.

+1000. It is awesome. But, only if it is in "Hindi". Incase you have not seen the Hindi version of it, PLEASE do. All charecters have an imitation of a hindi movie actor as a voiceover. Eg. -

Oggy - Shahrukh Khan
His big brother (called "Fauji') - Sunny Deol
Narrator - Nana Patekar
The mean dog next door - Amrish Puri
Some random charecters - Gulshan Grover and Shakti Kapoor

lol:

In today's C&H strip .. .

Lighter Side of Life : The Official Cartoons Thread-soldiers.jpg

Thanks, Bill W !

Hi all,

This thread is dedicated to the Japanese Manga/ Anime which are very different from the Western Cartoons/ Comics. You actually grow with them. I have started following them keenly since the last 4 years and how much I wish I had know them from before.

I am heavily addicted to the following Manga/anime.

One Piece - God level manga which creates a world that will be a fantasy even in a fantasy world. Brilliant Story line and amazing character lineup. Already ran for 11 years and the way story is built up it can easily run for another 10 years

Detective Conan - The back ground story is simply superb and weekly stories are interesting deductions

Death Note - Brilliant pace fade slightly towards the end but nonetheless a brilliant story

Lonewolf and Cub - amazing flow for the story

The other series that I have watched or watching or reading are:
Naruto - run of mill and worldwide no. 1. Was fun at the start
Bleach - It takes you to such a hight in the start but now following it just for the sake of finishing the story
Dragon ballz - First anime/ Manga for most Indians. Storyline gets a little too repetitive towards the end
Kenshin - Awesome anime
Claymore , Prince of Tennis

etc my list will go on

What are your favorite Anime/Manga?

Sorry @indian21r for this posting, but couldn't help it.
I just love Japan, except their manga/anime thingy.
Just HATE it, err.. except Jungle Book and Speed Racer.
And of course Initial D.(HACHIROKU ROCKS!!!)

@dicky each his own. You need not say sorry for it man.

well any reason why you hate it so much. I guess because of the absurd world scenarios??

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian21r (Post 2350893)
@dicky each his own. You need not say sorry for it man.

well any reason why you hate it so much. I guess because of the absurd world scenarios??

Nope,am the american cartoon kinda guy.Smooth curves and all.
Anime being short of animations and you can understand if you mute the audio,it's just a few scenes which would be just pics only if it wasn't for the sound,unlike american cartoons wich feel natural.
Maybe also the first anime cartoons i have seen was some starwars like one which was fully based on space and arabic dubbed ones on Saudi national channels.
Like you said "absurd world scenarios".:)

Swiped this quick sketch done by my son.

SPEED
Lighter Side of Life : The Official Cartoons Thread-speed.jpg

He keeps seeing the funny side of life.

Cartoons have always been an integral part of growing up and I guess growing up never stops, so cartoons never will. Here's a chronological account of my enlightenment through cartoons

1. Giant Robot: Anyone remembers this one on DD, a big metal robot flying around, probably the ancient Iron Man!!

2. Tinkle: Tinkle Digest, Tinkle holiday specials, you name it and I had it, a big huge collection now all lost to the raddiwala

3. Pran and associated cartoons: All of them kept company during lazy vacations

5. Cartoon network: Swat kats, Centurion, Dexter. This was around 1998-99. Return home from school and spend the next 2-3 hours glued to the TV.

4. Then came the grown up ones, Calvin and Hobbes (CNH), Dilbert, Peanuts and Garfield

The latest obsession is with dlibert and CNH, I got the entire CNH collection as a gift this birthday, some think I am silly getting a cartoon strip collection as a gift now at the age of 27, I think they are silly they never got the concept of growing up :D