Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 10:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Just goes to show that many of our politicians are incapable of thinking logically and coherently. Whenever they speak, without a script written out by their secretaries, they are most likely to mouth such rubbish. In hindsight, however, our politicians (in his terms CEOs) definitely deserve such treatment. So he must have meant his tribe rather than CEOs of companies.

Last edited by pjbiju : 26th September 2008 at 10:28.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:48   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Just goes to show that many of our politicians are incapable of thinking logically and coherently. Whenever they speak, without a script written out by their secretaries, they are most likely to mouth such rubbish.
What more to expect when we send Cinema stars, Rowdies, Goondas, Murderers and Idiots to the parliament to rule us.

Old 27th September 2008, 14:18   #33
BHPian

More ridiculousness...

India CEO of US-based IT firm attacked in Noida

NOIDA: The chief executive officer (CEO) in India of a US-based software firm was dragged out of his car and viciously attacked in Noida, police said on Saturday, four days after the India CEO of an Italian firm was lynched by workers in nearby Greater Noida.

Kashir Dwivedi, 37, the CEO of Expedience e-solutions India Ltd, was waylaid Friday night on a road in Noida, while he drove his car to a Sai Baba temple.

The company he heads has its global headquarters at Houston, Texas.

Speaking to reporters, Dwivedi said: "I had left my office in Noida Sector 63 around 9.30 pm. Four men in a Tavera overtook my car (a Honda Civic) and parked in such a way that my vehicle got trapped.

"They tried to open my doors. Since they had been automatically locked, they brought out an iron rod from their car, smashed open the window and dragged me out on the road.

"They tried to pick me up like a sack of potatoes and push me inside their car. I resisted and kept rolling on the road to avoid them, shouting for help.

"By this time, a crowd had assembled. So the men fled. Before that, one of them hit me on the head with the iron rod. I lost consciousness for a while.

"When I regained sense, I called my wife Madhu with my mobile phone. She rushed to the spot and took me to the Kailash hospital (nearby)."

The rattled Dwivedi was under observation in the hospital through the night and discharged Saturday.

A resident of Sector 61 in Noida where his office is located, Dwivedi is now scared to go to work although there has never been any labour trouble there. "This city seems unsafe," said Madhu.

Noida's Senior Superintendent of Police said a case had been registered and efforts were on to trace the four attackers.

On Monday, Lalit Kishore Choudury, 47 and CEO and India head of Graziano Transmissioni India, was lynched inside the factory by workers sacked earlier. The killing shocked India Inc.

SOURCE: India CEO of US-based IT firm attacked in Noida- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times
Old 27th September 2008, 14:33   #34
BHPian

Feel extremely sad on hearing stuff like this. Hope he didn't suffer any major injury.
Also, hoping something is done of the law and order situation. Im ready to be disappointed already though :(
Old 28th September 2008, 00:11   #35
BHPian

Is it possible that it might have been an attempted kidnapping?
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

An year later, ghastly incident repeats again. This time auto instruments maker, Pricol. Company’s vice-president (human resources) Roy J George succumbing to injuries he sustained after he was allegedly assaulted by a section of agitating workers.

More news: Workers kill company VP in Coimbatore-News-VIDEOS-The Times of India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks