Timothy Dalton 2 1.32%
Pierce Brosnan 48 31.79%
Daniel Craig 27 17.88%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2018, 22:09   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My name is Bond..James Bond--Who is your favorite James Bond Actor

1st, Sean Connery hands down. His style set the trend for the rest who followed...'The name is Bond, James Bond'... Roger Moore would be a very close 2nd with that British understated style. My favourite Bond girl well Miss Moneypenny - the Sean Connery one. My best Bond line -

Miss Moneypenny: You've never taken me to dinner...
James Bond: I would, you know. Only "M" would have me court-martialed for... illegal use of government equipment.

In today's world of political correctness that may no longer pass but in Dr. No it introduced us to Miss Moneypenny.

I could quote a lot of risqué Bond lines but GTO might drop me an infraction.

When I started watching Bond movies there was only Sean. It came as a devastating blow to me when Roger Moore appeared suddenly.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 28th December 2018 at 22:11.
Old 28th December 2018, 22:18   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for putting up this thread. I have seen all James Bond movies, many times over again!

I had a hard time deciding between Sean Connery and Daniel Craig. Sean is without a doubt the one and only double O Seven.

Even so, I voted for Daniel Craig. I think he took the James Bond movies back to what they should be: Action packed thrillers with some understated British humour. They were getting a bit to silly and unbelievable.

Roger stayed on a bit too long and was simply not believable in his last JB movies. I do like him as an actor though.

Pierce was just too wet for my liking (once you have heard him singing in Mama Mia, that image will never go away, the guy is done for!)

But Daniel is just so fit looking and it is easy to think he does all these incredible stunts on the fly so to speak. He wears his suits even better then Sean ever did, but Sean did have that voice!

Jeroen
Old 29th December 2018, 00:53   #63
BHPian

I started watching the Bond series with Roger Moore as lead in my school days.
As a young kid I loved that James Bond drove all the great cars, romanced the most beautiful women and had cool gadgets. At that time, the off colour jokes flew over my head.

Pierce Brosnan reintroduced me to the franchise in Goldeneye after the forgettable Timothy Dalton era and he was the quintessential smooth, suave Bond who was carrying forward his smooth, suave Remington Steele persona in the Bond world. Most members will recollect that in those prehistoric cable tv days, we were watching Remington Steele on Star TV.

Daniel Craig brought a raw dynamism to the role and made Bond rougher, tougher and more bad - ass. And made the franchise more successful.

My father swears by Sean Connery as Bond and considers all subsequent Bonds as sissies.
Off Topic, John F Kennedy was a fan of the Ian Flemming James Bond book series.

To me, Daniel Craig is James Bond.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks